Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 02-02-2009, 10:15 PM
Jester Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Jester
Default Racism-- It's Slowly Killing Me

SPOILER WARNING: This is a rant. Remember what your mother told you when you were young? If you have nothing nice to say, don't say it at all. Or you'll dine in hell with King Leonidas. Period.

I just finished reading the discussion about how the term "gay" is bad. IMO, it's okay if you're saying it in a jokingly manner, but when you approach a homosexual and call them that in an insultive manner, that's bad.

Back to the topic at hand; Racism. It's killing me. I'm half-Mexican and people at my school are some of the most racist people you'll meet.

It's the most offensive term out there-- the "n-word". Please take notice how I had to abbreviate it like so. I will put money down on it that it's blocked on this site, but the "b-word" (insult to Mexicans-- think about it) isn't. Every day at school, people go out of their way to avoid using that word, and the sad part is, we have one half-black senior!!! I know her pretty well and she doesn't care when people say that word, as long it's not as an insult. The only time I heard that word be used in an insultive manner was when Obama was inaugurated into office and all the farmer kids were calling him that racist word and wishing he would get shot to hell.

And everyday, all I hear is-- you guessed it-- beaner. I hate, hate, hate that word. People throw that term around left and right at the hell I call "school". No one gives a crap if they're offending someone. Honestly, if you walk into the front office and get on the PA system and yell "beaner", you'll probably here a few hurrahs throughout the school. I knocked the crap out of a kid for calling me a spic. Obviously, I was suspended and the only people who take racism seriously are the principals. The racial-term thrower was going to get expelled for racism. I even thought that was a little much. Still, the word offended me and I naturally did what my heart told me.

I don't like using racist words, or even offensive words that are used to mock people's cultures, heritage, or sexual preferance. But when people use that stuff to make you feel inferior, then they deserve an aaasss-whippen'.

So! Next time you're going to racially insult someone or mock their sexual preferance, just do this -->

Thank you for listening to my complaint. And no one be like the farmer kids I mentioned above. They're bad influences. Just those ones, though. The racist ones who still live in the 1600's.

Eevee
Hatch: Done
Flareon:205
Level 100:385

Since I'm slowly forgetting the existence of this site, feel free to add me on AIM: LivingFear1337. I'm a usually a nice guy, unless my ex decides she wants to try to start some drama... Again. Then I just need somebody to rant to. xD ~ Jester
Old 02-02-2009, 11:26 PM
Black Hawk Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Default Re: Racism-- I don't mind it.

For some reason, when I read the word beaner in your post I started cracking up. It sounds funny. If someone yelled "beaner" and nothing else over my school's PA kids would hurrah because the word itself sounds funny. (And because someone had the clackers to walk into the office and yell beaner on the PA xD)

And ****** is censored. I am half-black, I don't mind being called ******, just don't over do it.

/agree

PiEaNdChIpS678 (10:48:49 PM): I found one
Mikey94028 (10:49:14 PM): is that
Mikey94028 (10:49:17 PM): who I think it is
husnainisme (10:49:25 PM): wailord
Mikey94028 (10:49:29 PM): o
Mikey94028 (10:49:34 PM): I thought it was dead

Last edited by Black Hawk; 02-02-2009 at 11:33 PM.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:25 AM
Lusitania Offline

Default Re: Racism-- It's Slowly Killing Me

I totally agree, ******, really, is one of the worst things that you can call anyone.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:34 AM
Orthar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deth Bringer Rita View Post
SPOILER WARNING: This is a rant. Remember what your mother told you when you were young? If you have nothing nice to say, don't say it at all. Or you'll dine in hell with King Leonidas. Period.
I would love to dine in hell with King Leonidas.

To be honest, I can't really understand all the emotion and drama behind these words. I can truthfully say that if someone said them to me, I wouldn't mind. It's almost common in our society. Spic, maybe I can understand someone getting peeved at being called a spic. But beaner? Come on.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:36 AM
Lusitania Offline

Quote:

To be honest, I can't really understand all the emotion and drama behind these words. I can truthfully say that if someone said them to me, I wouldn't mind. It's almost common in our society. Spic, maybe I can understand someone getting peeved at being called a spic. But beaner? Come on.

AKA Ever watched Mind of Mencia?
Old 02-03-2009, 12:42 AM
Orthar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher Lord View Post
AKA Ever watched Mind of Mencia?
That was exactly what I was thinking of.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:42 AM
Psychedelic Shroomish Offline

Send a message via AIM to Psychedelic Shroomish

I completely agree with you. The "b" word is totally and completely wrong and it makes me so mad when people use it! And sorry to say it, but there are even people that are racist towards Mexicans on PE2K. Look at my sig. This happens to me on AIM everyday! People think that because I am Mexican I am somehow not as good as them and they want to break all my bones. It is killing me.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:45 AM
Lusitania Offline

Yes, and that brings another interesting point. Just like with the N-Word and blacks, it seems that Mencia uses the B-word far to often. If another person like Stephen Colbert used that word once, evrybody would literally b falling on his head, while because Mencia is Mexican, he can use it, really, and unlimited amount of times and nobody will call him out on it.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:45 AM
Orthar Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline View Post
I completely agree with you. The "b" word is totally and completely wrong and it makes me so mad when people use it! And sorry to say it, but there are even people that are racist towards Mexicans on PE2K. Look at my sig. This happens to me on AIM everyday! People think that because I am Mexican I am somehow not as good as them and they want to break all my bones. It is killing me.
Failed sarcasm is not funny.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:46 AM
Lusitania Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by PainKiller View Post
I didn't see any sarcasm in that post...
Old 02-03-2009, 12:49 AM

Quote:
I am not being sarcastic, this is how I truly feel about the matter. If you think this is funny or think that this thread is just a joke then please just do not bother posting until you get serious.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:50 AM
Lusitania Offline

Quote:
I am not being sarcastic, this is how I truly feel about the matter. If you think this is funny or think that this thread is just a joke then please just do not bother posting until you get serious.
I don't, I think that its terrible that people actually think this way.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:53 AM
Orthar Offline

Quote:
Ah yes, I'm sure. You honestly believe that they wish to break all of your bones simply because you are mexican? Second, the excerpt you have in your post was done by Mike. I have a feeling that you cut out a large part of that conversation, and what he said was not to be taken seriously and you knew that.

I am serious, it is you that is not.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Ah yes, I'm sure. You honestly believe that they wish to break all of your bones simply because you are mexican? Second, the excerpt you have in your post was done by Mike. I have a feeling that you cut out a large part of that conversation, and what he said was not to be taken seriously and you knew that.

I am serious, it is you that is not.
No, Mikey just randomly sends me messages every day, tormenting me for being a "beaner". That threat to break all my bones is one of the nice threats he has sent me... Some of the other threats are not even appropriate for the forum. If you do not believe me then that is your problem!!!
Old 02-03-2009, 12:55 AM
Synester Offline

Send a message via AIM to Synester

Dude, just get over it =|. I'm half black and white (though I look Mexican, alot) I've been called *****, beaner, and anything else you can think of. It just dosen't get to me at this point, the insult lasts for about 10 minutes, and no one remembers, and in all honesty, if you hit someone cause they called you something you didn't like, you need to grow up.