Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

Old 06-17-2009, 09:49 PM
Vaughn Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 9)

Send a message via AIM to Vaughn Send a message via Yahoo to Vaughn
Default Re: Have you ever had detention?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
A few times. First and second grades, the teachers had a grudge against me, but after that, I only got lunch detention in 6th grade (Everyone was getting it because the teacher was psychotic), but after that, nope.

Its ridiculous how much detentions and grades depend on the teacher...
I get lunch detentions more often than after-school.

Hit me up on AIM: neuroticnero

vpp | urpg | pol
Old 06-17-2009, 09:54 PM
Kick the Moon Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Kick the Moon Send a message via Yahoo to Kick the Moon

I got detention in 6th grade though I did nothing. My school's detention was cleaning the campus at recess. o: lolwtf.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:03 PM
Phantom Kat Offline
ˇCon ganas!

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Kat Send a message via MSN to Phantom Kat

In elementary, I got more lunch detentions that I can remember because I was late to school. I had to just sit in the office in this desk during recess. Damn, stuck-up office people. Maybe if parents didn't take forever to shove their kids out of the car in the morning, I would have actually made it to my class on time.

Also during elementary, I guess you could say I had lunch detention because the teacher would frequently hold me back from going to recess because I didn't eat anything. Hey, not my fault the cafeteria food was lousy. (That's when I began bringing in my own lunch.)

And then I once got lunch detention in my 6th grade Reading class because I used a black pen to do my work instead of a blue pen.

... Yes, really.

- Kat

(Banner by the epic Neo Pikachu) TAC Challenge: I'm learning Finnish! ^-^

My Author Profile | URPG Stats | Kat x Bryce
Old 06-18-2009, 02:50 PM
Dariganno Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Dariganno Send a message via MSN to Dariganno

I got detention once about ten years ago for screaming at a teacher because she ripped my (lousy, half-done) homework in half.

That is the only time, though.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:29 PM
MaskedJackal Offline

Send a message via AIM to MaskedJackal Send a message via MSN to MaskedJackal

I think I held the record for most detentions in middle school.

What's funny is I didn't get a single one in high school.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:59 AM
Willow Offline
Elite Trainer

Yes, Like twice. Once because I was late to many times. And another, gosh i was so upset, I asked whether or not I could see if my sculpture was fired too many times and got lunch detention. I couldn't beileve I got in trouble for liking school too much.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:55 AM
jeebus4life Offline
Experienced Trainer

in elementary school i got a lot of detentions
Old 11-25-2009, 01:35 AM
GallantlyGlaceon Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to GallantlyGlaceon

At my school, we call them ALC, and you just stay in at recess and write as many rules as you can on a sheet of paper(recess only lasts 30 minutes) But the teachers also send a green slip home telling your parent the date when you were given the detention, and when they give the reason why you were given the detention, they lie and make it sound like you bombed the school or something. And your parent has to sign it. If you don't have them do it as soon as you bring the slip home, then they'll make you stay in and write rules until you return the sheet with your parent's sig.

I got it once in 3rd grade for standing up on top of my chair for no apparent reason(I was a big comedian back then) while the teacher's back was turned. She didn't even know about it until this one kid who always tattletales and lies and everything told on me. Then, once, in 4th grade, I got ALC for pushing some guy's pencil box off of his desk repeatedly while we were in the middle of reading a story.

Yeah, I was really stupid back then.But now I'm a goody two-shoes(not a tattle-tale, sometimes I join in the fun when I'm sure the teacher won't know I was in it) and grade-obbsessed. Oh, and there was another time where I got ALC in 3rd grade for drawing a picture of an evil Pacman chasing this one guy in my class on this Valentine's day paper we had to make. He was actually a cool guy, but like I said, I was dumb and utterly stupid back then.
[12:38:20 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH" <---- Yup.
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."
Old 11-25-2009, 01:48 AM
Broderick Offline

Send a message via AIM to Broderick Send a message via MSN to Broderick

Old thread is old? ._.

The other day I had detention because I forgot my GYM CLOTHES. Seriously? It must kill you if you don't wear shorts and a t-shirt in gym. o:
Old 11-28-2009, 02:55 AM
GallantlyGlaceon Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broderick View Post
Old thread is old? ._.

The other day I had detention because I forgot my GYM CLOTHES. Seriously? It must kill you if you don't wear shorts and a t-shirt in gym. o:
It does for me, especially if we do pacers. I hate wearing jeans or sweaters while doing something like running.
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH" <---- Yup.
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."
Old 11-30-2009, 12:18 AM
Bumblebee16 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Bumblebee16 Send a message via MSN to Bumblebee16 Send a message via Yahoo to Bumblebee16

Nope, my school doesn't have that :]

Old 12-02-2009, 01:38 AM
sheepskinfuton Offline

Send a message via AIM to sheepskinfuton

I had quite a few detentions in middle school. I remember getting six in one month from the same teacher in 6th grade, and that was back when they only had detention once a week.

I also got in a fight in 6th but I don't remember what happened. Probably suspended for a few days.

I probably would've had a lot more detentions but I was pretty good at getting out of them. In 7th grade during art we were painting these murals out in the hall, and for some reason I decided it'd be okay to jump in paint and slide down the hall. I ended up not getting written up because the teacher decided that washing a couple of brushes was punishment enough.

Besides a detention and an in-school suspension for cutting class in 9th grade, I haven't really been in trouble since I got into high school, which is a little odd because I do a lot of stuff that would get me written up. I came close to being punished for skipping a couple times but I got lucky with those.

I could go into this stuff in detail but I don't want you guys to get the wrong impression of little ol' me.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:46 AM
Bryce Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Bryce

Yes. First week of my freshman year. I told some douche kid I was going to slap him in the face. :/

BRYCExKAT
Old 12-02-2009, 07:26 PM
GallantlyGlaceon Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
I've gotten a few detentions here and there for not hiding my in-class electronics usage well enough.

I also got a week of detentions and a saturday school in 9th grade for throwing a little grass at my friend during a fire drill. Explain to me how that is supposed to work.
It's not supposed to work. Some teachers just like to be mean to you.

ANY TEACHERS WHO ARE LIKE THIS: GET A LIFE!
Old 12-02-2009, 07:29 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

Yeah, I had it for a week, both break and lunchtimes. The crime? Drawing a circle on my locker. x-X I just happened to be seen by the teacher with the biggest stick up his arse.

I've also had it for not completing homework etc.