Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Other Pokemon Games

Other Pokemon Games Discuss all Pokemon spin-off games here, including Pokemon Ranger, Mystery Dungeon, Pinball, Colosseum, XD, Stadium, Snap, Super Smash Bros., Hey You Pikachu!, Battle Revolution and PokePark Wii.

Old 02-28-2009, 12:25 PM
Raschy Offline

Default Re: Fav Brawl Strategies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Dunsparce View Post
Well that's good. And Pika isn't that bad on brawl, I seem to beast with him XD Now instead of posting sonic spam, post your falco lucario strategies.
Alright. Well with Falco add some damage with laser. Maybe B+Up to get them in the air. Then, smash up (unless Kirby) and eventually kick em off stage. And to tick people off, i trap them with falco's rapid kick. Then with Lucario I throw a couple charged aura spheres, maybe a double team or two, then smash off. While there in in range, I like to force palm once or twice.

Diamond: 2106 0795 0701 Soul Silver: 1162 4849 6186
Old 02-28-2009, 03:42 PM
General Dunsparce Offline

Send a message via AIM to General Dunsparce Send a message via MSN to General Dunsparce Send a message via Skype™ to General Dunsparce

Quote:
Originally Posted by espeon_kid View Post
Alright. Well with Falco add some damage with laser. Maybe B+Up to get them in the air. Then, smash up (unless Kirby) and eventually kick em off stage. And to tick people off, i trap them with falco's rapid kick. Then with Lucario I throw a couple charged aura spheres, maybe a double team or two, then smash off. While there in in range, I like to force palm once or twice.
Hmm.. Seems like you have a couple of good strategies. When you say double team.. I thought that was counter. o_O Is it really double team?

[~Paired with No One ;;~]
Old 02-28-2009, 07:57 PM
SuperErinMan Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Dunsparce View Post
Hmm.. Seems like you have a couple of good strategies. When you say double team.. I thought that was counter. o_O Is it really double team?
haha! looks like you guys are busy at work. and yes, GD, it is actually called double team. if only it worked like that in D/P, now...

thanks for the help with the 'actual strategies' rule too, GD. didnt wanna come in and nail on the sonic spammers myself.

Okay, good strategies coming up... guess i should add another, huh?

Name: Ike Strikes!
Purpose: Setup for Smash attacks (mainly front smash and Usmash)
(I describe this as if youre fighting on final dest.)
Character: Ike (duh)
How to: Okay, basic damage accumulation first. I prefer to max. distance quick draw into the opponent to start; if it hits great, if not then dodge into position. Start with standard A combos and counters to keep the heat up, then follow up into aerial attacks when they start flying around from your attacks. you can also aether from appropriate distances (or spike if you can) to bring them back down to the ground and get some decent damage when you see fit. Then once you think theyre ready, smack 'em over the edge of the stage with a sideAtilt. if they recover too easily, then either get more damage on em and try again or use a dsmash over the edge to knock em away.

Now heres the tricky part: when the opponent is trying to recover from a far distance, use your sense of judgement to guess if theyll make it back with their recovery special move. if they arent gonna make it, dont bother doing anything. if it looks they might live, then start charging up your side smash so that itll be done charging when they're about make it to the ledge. then, once theyre about to grab the ledge...

Release and WHAM! IKE STRIKES!

Its a near instant KO if they're high enough in damage. You can also try a simple jump into a Fair attack if they can float/fly (like jiggly, kirby, meta, dedede, pit... you know) because otherwise theyll just come right back at you.

I know this is really hard to pull off sans interruption , but think of how effective it would be if you can master it!

well i tried.

Platinum FC: 2750 9224 1685
*PA-SHWING*
-SuperErinMan

Im giving up on pe2k. moving on to smogon. maybe back later, not likely.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:32 PM

Send a message via AIM to General Dunsparce Send a message via MSN to General Dunsparce Send a message via Skype™ to General Dunsparce

I got a good one!
Chara: Ike
Purpose: To kill your opponent.. duh.
How to: (Fin. Des.) start with a Forward B to get into range of them, then maybe try an UpB if they're light they may stay in the air longer giving you a chance to land and jump up and knock them away with ForwardA. After try a DownB. (So far this works for me) At this time they try and get an attack so on the ground do a Fsmash. then they'll fly off and most likely try to do a recovery and edge grab. Stand by the edge and do a regular holding downA and it should knock them straight down from when they edge grab. :T

Old 03-08-2009, 08:41 PM
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs Offline
Master Trainer

Chara: Ness
Purpose: Get the smash ball
How To:
There are many ways of doing it with Ness, but my favourites are:
Bair + Pk Thunder = Got, you can usually do this in the same jump.
Pk Fire + Bair = Got, as with this one
2 Moves and it's yours.

Purpose: Annoy opponent while dealing damage
How To:
On a flat stage (Final Destination, Porttown Aerodive) or any stage where you can reach your opponent easily, use PK Fire, two or three times, he/she should be stuck, now run in and use you're Bat, and Boom, you're opponent is off the stage, now, if he/she tries to recover I reccomend standing right on the edge of the stage and ue PK Fire, now while opponent is burning meteor smash them.
This strategy, combined with the Smash Ball one have won me MANY games against my friends.

Porygon - Alphanumeric
Level 100; 621
Old 03-08-2009, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs View Post
Purpose: Get the smash ball
How To:
There are many ways of doing it with Ness, but my favourites are:
Bair + Pk Thunder = Got, you can usually do this in the same jump.
Pk Fire + Bair = Got, as with this one
2 Moves and it's yours.

Purpose: Annoy opponent while dealing damage
How To:
On a flat stage (Final Destination, Porttown Aerodive) or any stage where you can reach your opponent easily, use PK Fire, two or three times, he/she should be stuck, now run in and use you're Bat, and Boom, you're opponent is off the stage, now, if he/she tries to recover I reccomend standing right on the edge of the stage and ue PK Fire, now while opponent is burning meteor smash them.
This strategy, combined with the Smash Ball one have won me MANY games against my friends.
Ahh the senseless Pk Fire spam... ^^ It pisses me off >> When I want to get the SB with Ness or Lucas
I Jump then do forward be at least twice then Pk thunder and boom, Nice little PK starstorm.

Character: Ness
Purpose: To be silly X3 (Especailly on wifi)
How to:
Start the match with a Pk fire (not sensless multiple times just once) Run up Dgrab, jump up and Back kick em. Pk thunder yourself away from them and taunt. Jump off the edge and die. Come back Dgrab again (fiah raep) Pk fire Fsmash and meteor mash they're buttocks if they don't die from Fsmash. Run around like a mindless idiot for the rest of the match and go to sudden death. now its time for the thing I hate most. PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE!!! then Fsmash and you win :D Pointless I know but fun XD

Old 03-08-2009, 09:56 PM
SuperErinMan Offline
Master Trainer

Hehehe lets be annoying this time around!!

Character: Kirby
Purpose: Nuisance (HAW)

How to: *ahem*

TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT.

The end :P

Okay just kidding.

Name: No walking necessary!
Character: Ganondorf
Purpose: Get around without need for dashing

Since Ganon is so freaking slow, I decided to invent a way to get him out and about quicker.

In place of dashing, use Bdown on ground.
In place of fast falling, use Bdown in air.
In place of going the other way quickly via dashing, use rolling dodges.
Using these not only speeds up Ganon's momentum a bit, it also allows for multiple combo setups.

I.E.:
GO!
Bdown into opponent, who will most likely dodge. When move ends, roll dodge away from or roll behind them and use Atilt to knock them away, or A to stun. Setup for dair spike via dodge then Uthrow or Bdown then Uthrow, and jump for spike. Usmash for good distance in air and jump with Uair for knockback, then dair spike over edge and WHAT?!? KO??!??!?

Okay NOW the end.

*PA-SHWING*
-SuperErinMan

Old 03-11-2009, 01:51 AM
Kirby Grunt Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Kirby Grunt Send a message via MSN to Kirby Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Kirby Grunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperErinMan View Post
Hehehe lets be annoying this time around!!

Character: Kirby
Purpose: Nuisance (HAW)

How to: *ahem*

TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT.

The end :P

Okay just kidding.

Name: No walking necessary!
Character: Ganondorf
Purpose: Get around without need for dashing

Since Ganon is so freaking slow, I decided to invent a way to get him out and about quicker.

In place of dashing, use Bdown on ground.
In place of fast falling, use Bdown in air.
In place of going the other way quickly via dashing, use rolling dodges.
Using these not only speeds up Ganon's momentum a bit, it also allows for multiple combo setups.

I.E.:
GO!
Bdown into opponent, who will most likely dodge. When move ends, roll dodge away from or roll behind them and use Atilt to knock them away, or A to stun. Setup for dair spike via dodge then Uthrow or Bdown then Uthrow, and jump for spike. Usmash for good distance in air and jump with Uair for knockback, then dair spike over edge and WHAT?!? KO??!??!?

Okay NOW the end.
Your "strategy" fails in so many ways <_<;;
tl;dr version: SPAM WIZARD KICK
Old 03-11-2009, 02:19 AM
SuperErinMan Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby Grunt View Post
Your "strategy" fails in so many ways <_<;;
tl;dr version: SPAM WIZARD KICK
did i ever say it was serious, hardcore strategy? maybe i wanted to be a little lighthearted and give the people a laugh for a change.

And besides, i dont think spamming an attack counts as a strategy; it takes no skill to do the same thing endlessly. *coughcoughfoxblastercoughcough* who said that?

Now try elaborating on your own ganon strategies to show me you have real skill.

*PA-SHWING*
-SuperErinMan

Old 03-11-2009, 04:17 AM

Gee Kirby Grunt... Anyways...

Character: Pogeymanz trainer
Purpose: Why the heck not!
How to: Run up and Grab and throw em any which way. Then you can... eh... its been three weeks. I'll edit this when I'm not lazy.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:07 PM
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs Offline
Master Trainer

Character: Weegee
Purpose:Kill your opponent in an annoying way
How to:
First get the smashball as Weegee, then proceed to go of the sides of eitehr side of teh stage. DONT JUMP! Now use your Final Smash in Midair, you'll start doing your weird Weegee dance, and once it's over, jump back on stage, the grap your opponent, and press Back A, to throw your opponent into your weird smash place (forgets name)
Your opponent should be helpless and should just fall off the stage.

Porygon - Alphanumeric
Level 100; 621
Old 04-03-2009, 05:42 PM
-Smoo- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via MSN to -Smoo-

Ike: Downthrow, Up B then follow up with slightly charged tilt smashes. Gets KO's on FD ledge,
Toon Link: Down smah on the far right of FD facing the screen. If you positioned yourself right theyll go down and low. Follow up with a meteor smash for a KO at aroung 50%

R.O.B
Grab, throw and meteor smash. Ive got loads for ROB but there secret.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:35 AM
gawi5 Offline

I'm the type who plays without items and mostly 1v1 and i use Zelda.

My strategy is to use the side B attack ( fire ball ) lol. I just keep using it. and if they get close I use the down Smash attack to hit them away and then repeat until their dmg % is high enough to where i can KO them with one hit.

I use other moves too, but its really hard to explain the way i play.

STAWMP N00BS!!1 the level OVER 9000 NOOB PWNER!
FC: 2063 5311 8795
Old 04-04-2009, 07:37 AM
Necromancer Offline

wait...have you ever played an WI-FI battle?

It would be awesome if someone could get me a signature made.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:34 PM
SuperErinMan Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by black fury View Post
wait...have you ever played an WI-FI battle?
how come, fury? seen this strategy against you before?

and as for gawi5... good idea, its kinda cool. have you ever tried incorporating zelda's lightning kicks (forward air and backward air A moves)? its a good idea when they close in, instead of using Dsmashes to grab them with Zelda's powerful throws, throw them in the air and then follow up with...

KAPOWIE!!

a lightning kick.

*PA-SHWING*
-SuperErinMan