Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Old 02-06-2009, 03:08 PM
Angela Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Angela
Default Constructive Suggestions ;)

Well I would like to suggest the newest V-bulletin 3.8 upgrade, it's completely free (Assuming this is a legit forum ),

Well here are some of it's features click on here to read

And may I suggest that you add some features to peoples profile, like a profile picture, a youtube video, and some of those features that are out there that people can use to decorate their profile.

And can we get spoiler tags, they are a must for people who need to post pictures on here, and youtube tags so people can post youtube videos, there are probably some cool features that I'm forgetting, so please do post them in here if you want.

And I thought this is the best time to post this since a user name marathon is to be held this weekend so I'm hoping the admin will see this.

And please don't start posting.

"Angela aren't you happy with the forum the way it is"

I believe the answer is no, if I were then I probably wouldn't have made this suggestion.

And people this is just a suggestion remember that, A SUGGESTION!

Gucci, Fendi, Prada purses, purchasing them finer things
Avatar by Tombi <3 Banner by Angela

Old 02-06-2009, 03:19 PM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-
Default Re: Constructive Suggestions ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela View Post
Well I would like to suggest the newest V-bulletin 3.8 upgrade, it's completely free (Assuming this is a legit forum ),

Well here are some of it's features click on here to read

And may I suggest that you add some features to peoples profile, like a profile picture, a youtube video, and some of those features that are out there that people can use to decorate their profile.
This has been brought up too many times. The answer is, and always will be no. :/

Quote:
And can we get spoiler tags, they are a must for people who need to post pictures on here, and youtube tags so people can post youtube videos, there are probably some cool features that I'm forgetting, so please do post them in here if you want.
I don't see the whole need for spoiler tags, but I guess they wouldn't hurt

Quote:
And I thought this is the best time to post this since a user name marathon is to be held this weekend so I'm hoping the admin will see this.

And please don't start posting.

"Angela aren't you happy with the forum the way it is"

I believe the answer is no, if I were then I probably wouldn't have made this suggestion.

And people this is just a suggestion remember that, A SUGGESTION!
ANGELA AREN'T YOU HAPPY WITH THE FORUM THE WAY IT IS?!!?!?!

:P

But yeah, there is always room for improvement, IMO. Just not the profile thing. :x
Old 02-06-2009, 03:21 PM
Angela Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Pichu Boy- View Post
This has been brought up too many times. The answer is, and always will be no. :/

I don't see the whole need for spoiler tags, but I guess they wouldn't hurt

ANGELA AREN'T YOU HAPPY WITH THE FORUM THE WAY IT IS?!!?!?!

:P

But yeah, there is always room for improvement, IMO. Just not the profile thing. :x
Lol, didn't hurt to try the profile thing, so what is your take on the V-B upgrade?

Old 02-06-2009, 03:34 PM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-

Private Message Changes

Message Throttling. Admins can define a time period and the maximum amount of message each usergroup can send within that period.
Message selections are remembered over multiple pages for bulk actions (Move, delete, mark as read etc).

Profile Privacy

With the appropriate permission, users can now configure which parts of their profile is visible, and to who. The configurable components are:
Profile Picture
Visitor Messages
Contact Info
Albums
About Me
Friends
Recent Visitors
Group Memberships
Custom Field Blocks where the admin has allowed it
The components can be configured to be visible to:
Everyone
Registered Members
Contacts
Friends

Other Changes and Additions

Options and permissions for Human Verification checks have been streamlined. There is now a single bitfield option to select which HV checks are used, and a single permission to select who must pass the HV checks.
Thread tags can now be merged and renamed, and threads are updated to reflect the changes.
Tag selection in the Admin CP is remembered over multiple pages for bulk actions (Delete or Merge).
A new Terms and Conditions link is configurable and displayed in the footer by default.
A new Community link replaces the Members List link with a submenu for Social Groups; Pictures & Albums; Contacts & Friends; and the Members List.
Deleted and Moderated items in the User CP menu have been collapsed into submenus to reduce clutter.
A New Items submenu is also available with the newest Visitor Messages; Group Messages; Group Discussions; Picture Comments and Album Pictures.
Some cleanup has been done on the User CP menu to ensure only links that the user has permission to are displayed.
A new permission to view thumbnails in posts has been added. This allows users to see thumbnails even when they do not have access to view the full image.
Thread Prefix Permissions - Thread prefixes can now be configured so that only certain usergroups may use them.
Support for TypePad Anti-Spam
Username availability now checked via AJAX during registration
Notices can now be configured to be dismissible, allowing users to close notices that they have read.
Post edit histories can be pruned in Admin CP.
Forum rules can be viewed outside of the registration process, which is useful for logged in users when multiple registrations are disabled.
PM Reporting.
Quick Edit is available for Visitor Messages and Picture Comments, as well as Social Group Messages.

Stuff that I cared about/understood about. PM Reporting is bolded 'cos I think it'll do wonders.

Last edited by -Pichu Boy-; 02-06-2009 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Lolforgot to get rid of the social group stuff xD
Old 02-06-2009, 09:16 PM
Maleficent Offline

Send a message via AIM to Maleficent Send a message via MSN to Maleficent Send a message via Skype™ to Maleficent

...youtube videos on Pe2k?

BAHHAHAHAHAHA NO.
Old 02-07-2009, 02:52 PM
Angela Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Pichu Boy- View Post
Private Message Changes

Message Throttling. Admins can define a time period and the maximum amount of message each usergroup can send within that period.
Message selections are remembered over multiple pages for bulk actions (Move, delete, mark as read etc).

Profile Privacy

With the appropriate permission, users can now configure which parts of their profile is visible, and to who. The configurable components are:
Profile Picture
Visitor Messages
Contact Info
Albums
About Me
Friends
Recent Visitors
Group Memberships
Everyone
Registered Members
Contacts
Friends

Other Changes and Additions

Options and permissions for Human Verification checks have been streamlined. There is now a single bitfield option to select which HV checks are used, and a single permission to select who must pass the HV checks.
Thread tags can now be merged and renamed, and threads are updated to reflect the changes.
Tag selection in the Admin CP is remembered over multiple pages for bulk actions (Delete or Merge).
A new Terms and Conditions link is configurable and displayed in the footer by default.
A new Community link replaces the Members List link with a submenu for Social Groups; Pictures & Albums; Contacts & Friends; and the Members List.
Deleted and Moderated items in the User CP menu have been collapsed into submenus to reduce clutter.
A New Items submenu is also available with the newest Visitor Messages; Group Messages; Group Discussions; Picture Comments and Album Pictures.
Some cleanup has been done on the User CP menu to ensure only links that the user has permission to are displayed.
A new permission to view thumbnails in posts has been added. This allows users to see thumbnails even when they do not have access to view the full image.
Thread Prefix Permissions - Thread prefixes can now be configured so that only certain usergroups may use them.
Support for TypePad Anti-Spam
Username availability now checked via AJAX during registration
Notices can now be configured to be dismissible, allowing users to close notices that they have read.
Post edit histories can be pruned in Admin CP.
Forum rules can be viewed outside of the registration process, which is useful for logged in users when multiple registrations are disabled.
PM Reporting.
Quick Edit is available for Visitor Messages and Picture Comments, as well as Social Group Messages.

Stuff that I cared about/understood about. PM Reporting is bolded 'cos I think it'll do wonders.
Quote:
Profile Privacy

Profile Picture
Visitor Messages
Contact Info
Albums
About Me
Friends
Recent Visitors
Group Memberships
Everyone
Registered Members
Contacts
Friends
Well the new privacy features are amazing, you can decide who takes a look at your album, and you can basically control what some people see when the look at your profile.

Recent Visitor, I like that feature:D, let's you see the last 10-20 visitors of your profile,

And it allows you to have a Profile picture but you can change the picture for your profiles youtube video, or have both.

If you like the social groups then you'll love this addition,

Each group becomes like a forum, you can create many threads in there, so you can have many discussions, the owner of the social group has more power, he can mod his social group, delete posts and stuff like that, he can also change the owner of the social group if he decides too quit the forum.

If you don't understand some features then feel free to ask.

Old 02-08-2009, 12:20 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

Quote:
Recent Visitor, I like that feature:D, let's you see the last 10-20 visitors of your profile
I think that would fall under the privacy issue similar to the 'Who is Online' feature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela
And it allows you to have a Profile picture but you can change the picture for your profiles youtube video, or have both.
Profile Pics are disabled because an Avatar and Signature is really all you need.

PM reporting would be nice.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 03-07-2009, 02:46 PM
Angela Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Yes the PM report system would be nice, then people would not be able to false PM's and screen shots.

Hey guy's I just saw this

http://www.vbulletin.com/vbulletin4/

The V-B 4 version, it's not out yet but will be soon:D, I recommend we'd get that:D

I saw a 3.8.1 the other day, so it's out. But we have to wait a bit longer for the 4 one

Old 03-07-2009, 03:06 PM
iReign Offline

Send a message via AIM to iReign Send a message via MSN to iReign Send a message via Skype™ to iReign

Ryan will update it when he sees fit. Remember how long it took until we got upgraded to this? Suggesting it won't do much good, for the above reason.

life is a btch, but i appreciate her
AIM: ireignorshine
urpg
Old 03-07-2009, 05:05 PM
Angela Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcanineSavior View Post
Ryan will update it when he sees fit. Remember how long it took until we got upgraded to this? Suggesting it won't do much good, for the above reason.
Which is?, not really, I didn't care for updates my earlier time on here. I just thought that I might point out to him, the members off the forum, the staff, that there are new updates out there, some off them are not that stupid, like the report PM's one, and the updated ignore system.

Old 03-07-2009, 06:03 PM
Loyal Arcanine Offline

Send a message via AIM to Loyal Arcanine

You don't have to recommend updating the vbulletin version to Ryan, he'll do that anyway. And he seriously doesn't need you to tell him new updates are available.

"gengar is a fart" imsocorn (4:08:55): Is that your way of saying "and not a single **** was given that day" ?

Old 03-07-2009, 09:27 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Sarcasm aside, PM reporting and spoiler tags would both be useful additions to the forum, I think.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:53 PM
Tory vs Meaty II Offline

Send a message via ICQ to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via AIM to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via MSN to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Yahoo to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Skype™ to Tory vs Meaty II

Angela, Ryan unlocked the New Name Change Thread yesterday Friday night. So he is more likely going to come back tonight, and run into this thread. But I'm not in rush or anything. He will do it anyway.

~ Banner & avatar by me ~
Bye PE2K, I am leaving forever.
Old 03-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Angela Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

I see that the forum has been upgraded, to 3.8.1 all I can say is yay, I won, face! I'm kidding, I'm just happy it's here.

Old 03-08-2009, 05:30 PM
Tory vs Meaty II Offline

Send a message via ICQ to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via AIM to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via MSN to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Yahoo to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Skype™ to Tory vs Meaty II

I can see that the +QR button is on the bottom-right corner of a post. Sweet...

~ Banner & avatar by me ~
Bye PE2K, I am leaving forever.