Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 02-03-2009, 01:09 AM
Lusitania Offline

Default The PE2K Paper

The PE2K Paper

Okay, so last night, I had a great idea. What if we could have a weekly newspaper for pe2k. There would be reporters, and they woud all be responsible for having a different section of the newpaper. I think it could go on Microsoft Publisher, and then I/someone else could piece it together. It would be based on the real comings and going of the world, and basically be a fun little project to do. I'm sure that you could find time in a week to write one little article, so I think this should work.

Getting a Job

The Jobs will be based on first-come first-serve order, but if I and many other people are disatisfied with your work, you may be replaced. Also, if I don't think you can handle the job, you will not be given one. You may pick any of the open sections, and if you forget to do the job twice, you will be fired. If you cannot do the job for some reason or another, please tell me and I will get someone else to do it.

The Sign-Up Sheet

You didn't think I wou.d just give you a job if you asked, right, good. You have to fill out the form. You have to have decent spelling, grammar, etc to get the job.

Writer Name: (what you want to be called in the -written by- section)
What Job you want:( again, duh)
Why you are qualified:( give me good reason, kay, kay)
Do you have time for this: (be truthful, I will get very angry if you forget/ don't do your job)

Just fill out that form satisfactory and I will let you enter the great club.

Jobs

Ones that say VACANT next to them are up for grabs.

Editor: Cipher Lord
Notes from the Editor: Cipher Lord
Politics: Cipher Lord
Betsy the Advice Girl: Betsy
Bobby the Advice Boy: Bobby
Sports: Taylor (Beavs1fan)
The Stock Market: VACANT
Profound sayings by Mitch: Mitch (Omega Mitch)
TV/Movie Entertainment: Geoffrey (A Requim of Verities)
Gossip/Tabloid Section:Pez Hilton (Madame Libra)
Musical Entertaiment: Angela (Angela)
Video Games: Charbok (Charbok)
Random Rants: Alana (Alana Marie)
Relfections (Also known as "Mirror, mirror, on the wall): Nate (Khajmer)

Rules
  • No lying, in or out of articles
  • No forgetting articles
  • Follow all pe2k rules
  • Be nice
  • Never, EVER complain.
  • Have fun.

The Betsy and Bobby Clause

For you to get advice from Betsy or Bobby, you have to PM me the advice you want. I will PM the advice (don't worry, it's not me) to the specified person . All letters will be completely confidential, and you can have a fake name if you want. To get advice, simply PM me with the following form.

Problem:
What you want to be called in the printed letter:
Who you want it to be sent to:

Also, be aware that all letters may not be printed since that would take up the entire newspaper. Now send away, my good men and women with problems.

A Last Word

Please,. I am open to any suggestions about the paper. All suggestions etc will be welcomed with open arms. Just remember, keep it clean, play nice, and don't talk to the creepy guy that lives down the street.

Last edited by Lusitania; 02-28-2009 at 12:19 AM.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:50 AM
The Maple Syrup Baptist Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to The Maple Syrup Baptist Send a message via MSN to The Maple Syrup Baptist
Default Re: The PE2K Paper

Writer Name: Mitch
Why you are qualified: The job title for "Profound sayings by Mitch" requires one with the name Mitch, a name that I bear proudly. It also mentions "profound sayings", and I just so happen to say profound things.
Do you have time for this: Yes

I know I kind of started something with potential in the DCC thread and neglected the idea, but I'll use it here fully-fledged; I'll actually make an honest effort to come up with a profound statement each day, even if I didn't say it yet to someone IRL.

Cool idea Cipher. This could very well get stickied if it gets big enough.

I would like to do more, but sadly I have college, music, and friends that demand my social life not be put on hold. But for whoever does Video Games and Entertainment, I can help with them occasionally for the mere price of my name credited where needed. And is there a job for Music news?
Old 02-04-2009, 06:23 AM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey

Writer Name: Geoffrey
Why you are qualified: Nearly every day, I check online for the latest rub on the movies, both DVD and Movie alike. I'm not so sure about the TV part, but I am more than qualified in the movie department. I have proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, and excel in the English department, including journalism.
Do you have time for this: I get on PE2K nearly every day, so forgetting articles (unless I had to submit an article daily) would be inexcusable. But since it's weekly, as you said, I'm fine. ^^

Since I have such a free schedule, I could probably do video games as well, but I'd probably be limited to Nintendo and Square-Enix...
How I'd love to do an article for Pokemon Platinum!

Just add me and tell me when I need one in, and I'll have one ready!

-kaboom-

Last edited by Professor Geoffrey; 02-04-2009 at 06:26 AM.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:07 PM
Lusitania Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Requiem of Verities View Post
Writer Name: Geoffrey
Why you are qualified: Nearly every day, I check online for the latest rub on the movies, both DVD and Movie alike. I'm not so sure about the TV part, but I am more than qualified in the movie department. I have proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, and excel in the English department, including journalism.
Do you have time for this: I get on PE2K nearly every day, so forgetting articles (unless I had to submit an article daily) would be inexcusable. But since it's weekly, as you said, I'm fine. ^^

Since I have such a free schedule, I could probably do video games as well, but I'd probably be limited to Nintendo and Square-Enix...
How I'd love to do an article for Pokemon Platinum!

Just add me and tell me when I need one in, and I'll have one ready!

-kaboom-
Accepted, you will know be known as Geoffrey the Giraffe j/k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Mitch View Post
Writer Name: Mitch
Why you are qualified: The job title for "Profound sayings by Mitch" requires one with the name Mitch, a name that I bear proudly. It also mentions "profound sayings", and I just so happen to say profound things.
Do you have time for this: Yes

I know I kind of started something with potential in the DCC thread and neglected the idea, but I'll use it here fully-fledged; I'll actually make an honest effort to come up with a profound statement each day, even if I didn't say it yet to someone IRL.

Cool idea Cipher. This could very well get stickied if it gets big enough.

I would like to do more, but sadly I have college, music, and friends that demand my social life not be put on hold. But for whoever does Video Games and Entertainment, I can help with them occasionally for the mere price of my name credited where needed. And is there a job for Music news?
Music goes under Entertainment. Maybe I'll add it, wanna know what, I do add it. You get the position of Profound Saying by Mitch, okay, Mitch.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:54 AM
Maleficent Offline

Send a message via AIM to Maleficent Send a message via MSN to Maleficent Send a message via Skype™ to Maleficent

Betsy sounds hot.

Writer Name: Paris Hilton.
Job: Gossip/Tabloids.
Why you are qualified: I like, totally read Perez Hilton, and read y'know, gossip magazines. Plus, I totally have the looks and words to write the lies!
PS: Meg Ryan needs moistureiser11!!
Do you have time for this: Presently.

Last edited by Maleficent; 02-05-2009 at 08:40 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:52 PM
Lusitania Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Libra View Post
Betsy sounds hot.

Writer Name: Paris Hilton.
Job: Gossip/Tabloids.
Why you are qualified: I like, totally read Perez Hilton, and read y'know, gossip magazines. Plus, I totally have the looks and words to write the lies!
PS: Meg Ryan needs moistureiser11!!
Do you have time for this: Presently.
You are okay, but you just have to change the writer name:P
Old 02-05-2009, 08:56 PM
Maleficent Offline

Send a message via AIM to Maleficent Send a message via MSN to Maleficent Send a message via Skype™ to Maleficent

Fine.

Perez Hilton.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:59 PM
Lusitania Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Libra View Post

Fine.

Perez Hilton.
I'll just put Pez Hilton.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:01 PM
Alana Marie Offline

Interesting....

I wonder if I could do a 'random rant' section. If that would be alright with you. Random topics and such that I find on the forum/pop into my mind.

If not...I will see if I could possibly do any other topics.

News paper's sound fun ^^;
Old 02-05-2009, 09:10 PM
Lusitania Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alana Marie View Post

Interesting....

I wonder if I could do a 'random rant' section. If that would be alright with you. Random topics and such that I find on the forum/pop into my mind.

If not...I will see if I could possibly do any other topics.

News paper's sound fun ^^;
I think that would go in the editorial section, Ill add one of those, we could have a couple people do it. *total super callage

I'll add it when I get to a computer. No iPhone post scroll option sucks...
Old 02-05-2009, 09:24 PM
Alana Marie Offline

Name: Alana
What Job you want:Random rant’s (Will come up with slightly clever title later, or keep that title..dunno)
Why you are qualified:Benn writing on pe2k for a year or so now. You have seen my posts in Team RP and know if I am good enough. Plus, I get bored and love to write but everything I write is extremely random and un-useful other then to entertain my mother and friends.
Do you have time for this:
Yup, I have atleast a hour a day when I am completely and utterly bored

Old 02-05-2009, 09:54 PM
Angela Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Angela

Writer Name: Angela
What Job you want: Musical Entertainment, I'll pm you.
Why you are qualified:I'm weary fond of music, and Libra stole the section I wanted so I'm stealing the section I know he can do the most with so I can offer him it as a trade one day, I'm into music myself, I have won contests and I love MTV!
I also love journalism, so I won't let you down, + by getting a hobby on the forum I'm hopping I'll post more then the BOTW and in my clan.
So you know, I want the job
Do you have time for this: Yes, yes I do.

Gucci, Fendi, Prada purses, purchasing them finer things
Avatar by Tombi <3 Banner by Angela

Old 02-06-2009, 04:36 AM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher Lord View Post
Accepted, you will know be known as Geoffrey the Giraffe j/k
>.>"

That is so old I'm laughing dust bunnies.

Anyways, thanks. Just let me know when my first article's due and what some requirements are. Just need some ground rules before I can write.

-kaboom-
Old 02-06-2009, 05:09 AM
Charbok Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charbok Send a message via MSN to Charbok Send a message via Skype™ to Charbok

Writer Name: Charbok
What Job you want: Video Games/Bobby the Advice Boy
Why you are qualified: Because I'm a HUGE video game nerd. All of the new released, reviews, etc. I've got it all. It's also basically my passion to help people, so I want to help people... Yea.
Do you have time for this: Yes?

Short, sweet, and to the point.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:17 AM
Sight of the Stars Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sight of the Stars Send a message via Skype™ to Sight of the Stars

What exactly is the Stock Market? I mean, like on PE2K. Because if I have to write about the real Stock market, that's a joke.

But good idea, and sorry for the slight rudeness.
[12:38:59 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH"
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."