Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-02-2009, 04:51 AM
Powerman 6k's Avatar
Powerman 6k Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basically at my computer
Posts: 344
Send a message via MSN to Powerman 6k
Default Dead

Do you think Michael Bay will ruin this horror series masterpiece? Or will he perfect it even further? I honestly think he'll do good with it. In fact, I'm seeing it the day it comes out. Give me your opinion, everyone.
__________________
|<--Click on him?||VPP|
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-08-2009, 02:23 AM
xcolbs's Avatar
xcolbs Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 265
Default Re: Michael Bay's production take on the new "Friday"?

Friday the 13th is hardly a masterpiece. It's a campy, ridiculous, laughable piece of trash cinema that is a rip-off of Halloween, which is a true classic.

In any case, as much as I loathe remakes I can say without a doubt that it will be better than the original. After all, what isn't? ...besides Manos: the Hands of Fate, of course. What bothers me to no end, however, is that in the original Jason's mother is the killer, not Jason himself, who made his first appearance in the sequel. I guess that wouldn't have been nearly as menacing these days, though, since for some reason Jason is the figurehead for slashers.

And for the record...Michael Bay? O rly? What, is he going to throw in random explosions and a random shot of a helicopter in the sunset? Good lord.

...sorry, this wasn't meant to attack anyone, I just need to blow off some steam. >_>
__________________

venusaurfancier
VPP ~ URPG ~ DEVIANTART

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-10-2009, 07:13 PM
Centurion's Avatar
Centurion Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 21
Default Re: Michael Bay's production take on the new "Friday"?

Yeah I agree. I original movie is actually terrible and the intital 3 sequels that followed were much better. The original was a great date movie with a cool setting and the famous Jason in the lake ending but otherwise...bleh.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-10-2009, 07:17 PM
Dark Turtwig's Avatar
Dark Turtwig Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Acually, can I crash at your place?
Posts: 4,249
Send a message via AIM to Dark Turtwig Send a message via MSN to Dark Turtwig
Default Re: Michael Bay's production take on the new "Friday"?

As much as I love horror movies, I don't care to see it. In theatres anyway. I'm sure I'll rent it when it comes out on DVD. The first one was less-than satisfactory, and the sequels were better, but not great.
I'm pretty 'meh' on the subject.
__________________
{Mah Linkz}

{Steel Leader in the*Official* Pe2k Gyms} {Dark TurtwigxThe Politoed Hunter}
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-10-2009, 11:32 PM
spid3r Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 727
Default Re: Michael Bay's production take on the new "Friday"?

I never was a big fan of The Friday the 13th movies, but I'll check this out since I'm obsessed with horror films. So far My Bloody Valentine has been the best horror film yet.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-11-2009, 01:37 AM
Fire Away's Avatar
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,768
Default Re: Michael Bay's production take on the new "Friday"?

Quote:
So far My Bloody Valentine has been the best horror film yet.
I hope you're not referring to the new version. >_>

I'll check it out, although I keep my expectations low in situations like this.
__________________


Hi




Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-11-2009, 03:49 AM
spid3r Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 727
Default Re: Michael Bay's production take on the new "Friday"?

For a slasher it was pretty good. Rotten Tomatoes even gave it a 60 which is super rare for a horror slasher. Besides My Bloody Valentine has been the only true horror released so far this year.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-11-2009, 04:45 AM
xcolbs's Avatar
xcolbs Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 265
Default Re: Michael Bay's production take on the new "Friday"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spid3r View Post
Besides My Bloody Valentine has been the only true horror released so far this year.
I suppose I can agree with you there, but when it comes down to it the movie wasn't very good. I admit it kept me interested, and it had me guessing, but damn, those people were friggin' stupid (I suppose it's befitting of a slasher, though; character stupidity goes with the territory, lol). The poor acting didn't help, either, and it definitely wasn't original. All in all, it was a little entertaining, but I probably won't see it again. The 3-D was also pretty cool, but it was definitely the big selling point otherwise it would've flopped.

I have given up on modern horror; there is no more originality it seems, and so it's pretty much just rip-offs, remakes and sequels (or even prequels) from here, and that saddens me. Hell, even The Uninvited is a total rip-off of the classic Korean horror film, A Tale of Two Sisters (which is the most frightening movie I have ever seen. It is very well done and is beautifully made, and totally unforgettable. I highly recommend it). Hollywood has no shame.


Eh, I apologize for ranting. As you can probably tell I'm quite passionate about movies, lol. xD;
__________________

venusaurfancier
VPP ~ URPG ~ DEVIANTART


Last edited by xcolbs; 02-11-2009 at 04:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-11-2009, 06:19 AM
spid3r Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 727
Default Re: Michael Bay's production take on the new "Friday"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcolbs View Post
I suppose I can agree with you there, but when it comes down to it the movie wasn't very good. I admit it kept me interested, and it had me guessing, but damn, those people were friggin' stupid (I suppose it's befitting of a slasher, though; character stupidity goes with the territory, lol). The poor acting didn't help, either, and it definitely wasn't original. All in all, it was a little entertaining, but I probably won't see it again. The 3-D was also pretty cool, but it was definitely the big selling point otherwise it would've flopped.

I have given up on modern horror; there is no more originality it seems, and so it's pretty much just rip-offs, remakes and sequels (or even prequels) from here, and that saddens me. Hell, even The Uninvited is a total rip-off of the classic Korean horror film, A Tale of Two Sisters (which is the most frightening movie I have ever seen. It is very well done and is beautifully made, and totally unforgettable. I highly recommend it). Hollywood has no shame.


Eh, I apologize for ranting. As you can probably tell I'm quite passionate about movies, lol. xD;
By every slasher standard it was a good film. Slashers arent supposed to be original. They're recycled and redundant but contain good deaths, kills, and retains a well represented, rememberable villain. This did that, but hey that's just me.

Don't give up on modern horror! Maybe American, but the genre is still pretty good. May I recommend you a few really good foreign recent horror films.

Calvaire
High Tension
Inside
Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon
Frontier(s)

Just to name a few.

Last edited by spid3r; 02-11-2009 at 05:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-12-2009, 02:43 PM
xcolbs's Avatar
xcolbs Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 265
Default Re: Michael Bay's production take on the new "Friday"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spid3r View Post
Calvaire
High Tension
Inside
Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon
Frontier(s)

Just to name a few.
Hm...I have heard of High Tension and Inside, but not the others. I'll definitely check 'em out! :)

What I ultimately meant by 'modern horror' is all of the garbage that is produced by Hollywood these days (specifically remakes, sequels and rip-offs). I've seen recent movies like Bug and Them that are recent and scared the hell out of me, and they were practically ignored at the time of their release. Of course, being a foreign film, Them got raped by a rip-off called The Strangers. Ugh... D:
__________________

venusaurfancier
VPP ~ URPG ~ DEVIANTART

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com