Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 01-31-2009, 10:40 PM
iChaos Offline

Default Racial Slurs

OK I'm African American but when an Caucasian says black, it kind of offends me. Especially if its a friend. I don't mean to offend any caucasian. I justed wanted to see if slurs like: White, black, asian. Or: N*gga, Ch*nk, or White. Do they hurt you feelings. This might get locked or moved.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:42 PM
Psychedelic Shroomish Offline

Send a message via AIM to Psychedelic Shroomish
Default Re: Racial Slurs

Yeah dawg, it hurts my feelings every time a jive cracka comes walking up like hey ***** how u doin. I'm like man get real racism is so last year....
Old 01-31-2009, 10:44 PM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos_Dude View Post
OK I'm African American but when an Caucasian says black, it kind of offends me. Especially if its a friend. I don't mean to offend any caucasian. I justed wanted to see if slurs like: White, black, asian. Or: N*gga, Ch*nk, or White. Do they hurt you feelings. This might get locked or moved.
Black is acceptable, because we call white people 'white.' No one calls Caucasian people 'Caucasian' (except you, it appears). They're not slurs.

The 'N' word, however, it just stupid to use (unless you're black). Especially when white people call each other that.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:47 PM
Psychedelic Shroomish Offline

Send a message via AIM to Psychedelic Shroomish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Celebi View Post
Black is acceptable, because we call white people 'white.' No one calls Caucasian people 'Caucasian' (except you, it appears). They're not slurs.

The 'N' word, however, it just stupid to use (unless you're black). Especially when white people call each other that.
Why would it be acceptable for a black guy to call another black guy ****** but not a white guy? That's just promoting racism!!!!!! We shud all be one color of skin; what is this color? This color is the color of peace and unity!!!!! we shud all take after chameleons and just blend in and all become one happy color
Old 01-31-2009, 10:49 PM
Ranma Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Ranma Send a message via MSN to Ranma Send a message via Yahoo to Ranma

It doesn't bother me.

It's much easier to say black than african american every time.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:02 PM
Shadow Eevee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Well, I don't mean to sound racist, but last time I checked, if you're using 'Oh, she's a white girl with blonde hair' or whatever as in describing someone, it's not racist. It's racist if you go like 'You're such a [slur]'. But yeah, that's just in my opinion.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:09 PM
iChaos Offline

You know what it hate more, my friends calls a black kid which they are and they said he acts just like a white boy. But I say that not everybody is alike and it dosen't matter if your black or white. What I'm trying to say is for my example below people are different from others. You classify a person by it colors, and call him a different.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:15 PM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline View Post
Why would it be acceptable for a black guy to call another black guy ****** but not a white guy? That's just promoting racism!!!!!! We shud all be one color of skin; what is this color? This color is the color of peace and unity!!!!! we shud all take after chameleons and just blend in and all become one happy color
From what I understand, its okay for black people to call each the N Word.

And, from a scientific standpoint, that's not going to happen.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:44 PM
Peace Buyer Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Peace Buyer

I just hate it when people say stuff and act all racist but dont really mean it i think ever African American knows what it feels like...
Old 02-01-2009, 01:55 AM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

White, black and Asian are racial slurs now? o_O

Hi

Old 02-01-2009, 02:06 AM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott

Mmm, saying someone is 'black' or 'white' is no different from saying they are a 'jock' or a 'emo.' No, it doesn't matter what color someone is, and it never has. People are people no matter how they look, I see enough people in my job to know that there are super jerks, super nice people, and people in the middle for every race.

And no, 'black' and 'white' should never be considered racial slurs. They are not meant as such and never were, so people getting angered over something like that is silly.

One thing that bugs me about the whole racial slur thing is how black people can call each other the n-word but other's can't. That's incredibly hypocritical to me, it's like an adult saying 'We can use the f-word whenever we want but you can't because you're not old. It's bad to say it for you but it's fine if it's me.' If you're going to tell us it hurts your feelings, is incredible rude, etc. then don't use it with each other :-/.

"God, my brilliance is now somewhat of a burden. Get back to me."
Old 02-01-2009, 02:19 AM
Lusitania Offline

In my opinion, I think that youre making something out of nothing. Black, white, asian, african, there ethnic groups, and are not meant to be offensive at all. Would you rather be called a ***g**, or something along those lines, I didn't think so. Those words are supposed to be less offensive than words such as negro, and I do beleive you're not going to get it any better. I believe there's nothing wrong with calling a black man 'black, or a caucasion 'white'.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:42 AM
Bryce Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Bryce

What I don't understand is why blacks are called African-Americans. I mean, sure, for the original people that were brought over from Africa, you could refer to them as that, but why today's blacks? You're American. White people aren't called European Americans.

... But according to you, what are you supposed to call black people that live in Australia or Europe or something? :O

So yeah, I think 'white' and 'black' are perfectly acceptable.

BRYCExKAT
Old 02-01-2009, 04:05 AM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryceBAM View Post
You're American. White people aren't called European Americans.

White people are White Anglo Saxton Protestants. D:<

Hi

Old 02-01-2009, 04:09 AM
Charbok Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charbok Send a message via MSN to Charbok Send a message via Skype™ to Charbok

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryceBAM View Post
What I don't understand is why blacks are called African-Americans. I mean, sure, for the original people that were brought over from Africa, you could refer to them as that, but why today's blacks? You're American. White people aren't called European Americans.

... But according to you, what are you supposed to call black people that live in Australia or Europe or something? :O

So yeah, I think 'white' and 'black' are perfectly acceptable.
You, my good sir, said something very smart. ^I agrees with him^