Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 02-04-2009, 06:37 AM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey
Default Re: Dragon-Like Pokémon

Dragon-like...

Well, if you THINK about it, Lapras (my favorite), has many dragon-like features. One, it can learn Dragon Dance, so that's a plus. Two, it looks like Nessie, who is sometimes described like the gargouile, the French water-dragon that was tamed at the sign of a cross.

-kaboom-

Old 02-04-2009, 04:38 PM
Pokemon_Ron Offline

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon_Ron Send a message via Skype™ to Pokemon_Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmewkim22 View Post
Where do I start...
Um, I have a better theory on why Charizard and Gyarados aren't dragon types.
Maybe it's because, I don't know, IT WOULD RUIN THE GAME!!!
Honestly, you want to make a Pokemon that you can get at the BEGINNING OF THE GAME and a Pokemon you can catch IN NEARLY EVER BODY OF WATER, a dragon type, A DRAGON TYPE!!!!!

Sorry, but I'm tired of people complaining about not having easy access to uber powerful Pokemon.

Also, Lugia isn't a dragon. He's a bird.
The reason he's not a water type is because he wasn't always "The Diving Pokemon".
I think originally when the Bronze Tower got hit by lightning, Lugia got set on fire and to save him self he dived in to the waters surrounding the Whirl Islands giving him a less feathery look then Ho-oh, they just decided to not put it into the games because they didn't want to give the wrong idea to kids.

I don't know, it's just a theory.
i really like the theory bout lugia.makes sense lmfao
Old 02-04-2009, 04:46 PM
Pokol DaErran Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmewkim22 View Post
Where do I start...
Um, I have a better theory on why Charizard and Gyarados aren't dragon types.
Maybe it's because, I don't know, IT WOULD RUIN THE GAME!!!
Honestly, you want to make a Pokemon that you can get at the BEGINNING OF THE GAME and a Pokemon you can catch IN NEARLY EVER BODY OF WATER, a dragon type, A DRAGON TYPE!!!!!
I will now quote from the URPG Battle thread.
"Be sure not to go out without your Ice Beam."

Old 02-04-2009, 08:26 PM
coolmewkim22 Offline

Ice Beam?
How would ice beam help?
Old 02-04-2009, 08:37 PM
Complexity Offline
Experienced Trainer

Ice > Dragon?

-.-

Meh, tbh, Gyrados doesn't fit 'dragon' because of it's blatent water features. Charizard, maybe, but otherwise, meh.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:39 PM
coolmewkim22 Offline

Um, that wouldn't work in the case of Charizard and Gyarados.
Unless you want to make them Dragon/Flying in which case I don't see the point of doing it at all.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:57 PM
Complexity Offline
Experienced Trainer

The point was, bring an Ice-Type to kill Dragon-Types. -.-
Old 02-04-2009, 09:24 PM
coolmewkim22 Offline

But then that would have nothing to do with what I said and there would be no need to quote me.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:21 PM
theajshow Offline

I was hoping to have more of discussion about with pokémon could pass off as dragons, like on how they look or what moves they have, less on the actual gameplay aspect.

For sake of this discussion, pretend that Pokémon, as a company, goes bankrupt or something. They have to lease the likenesses of pokémon to pay the bills. To that end, they lease the likenesses of different pokémon to companies like "Harry Potter,” “Lord of the Rings" or fantasy genres like that. The thing is, they only want dragons, cause that's what works for them. The pokémon that are actual dragon-types go first, but Pokémon steals needs more money, therefore, they still need to lease out some more "dragons." Forget Pokémon types. Forget about the anime, manga, or games. Those don’t really apply in this situation. But, hey, you can count in moves that they could have to better pass off as dragon-esque creatures.

With that mindset, how many pokémon do you think we could get to pass off as dragons? Try to be inclusive as possible. I want to hear about which pokémon COULD pass off as dragons, or similar mythical creatures, not that some pokémon DON’T look exactly like dragons.

This is what I was hoping to hear:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leki Fenrir View Post

Haha, when I was little I didn't know about the Types and stuff, and I thought Charizard was a Dragon-type (despite the flaming tail).
Aerodactyl doesn't look too dragon-esque to me....Though I guess you can pull it off as a Wyvern. Gyarados does look like an Eastern Dragon, never did catch onto that until now.

Or this one, which I thought was pretty interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Requiem of Verities View Post
Dragon-like...

Well, if you THINK about it, Lapras (my favorite), has many dragon-like features. One, it can learn Dragon Dance, so that's a plus. Two, it looks like Nessie, who is sometimes described like the gargouile, the French water-dragon that was tamed at the sign of a cross.

-kaboom-
I never even thought about Lapras. That’s pretty innovative.

So what pokémon could pass off as a dragon outside of the Pokémon world?

Oh, and yes, I know LOTR or Harry Potter wouldn’t actually use pokémon as dragons. I was just using them as an example to demonstrate the point.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:02 PM
Demon of the Mist Offline

Send a message via AIM to Demon of the Mist

I think Butterfree looks like a dragon.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:29 PM
Drizzt Offline
New Trainer

I always thought Lapras was a dragon when I first saw him. I think Kecleon or maybe even Sceptile could pass as dragons, since they both are like lizards. (Arn't dragons just big lizards?) Besides it would be nice to see dragon/grass or any other type other than the x4 weakness to ice dragons.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:50 PM
Max-Attack Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt View Post
Besides it would be nice to see dragon/grass or any other type other than the x4 weakness to ice dragons.
Grass/Dragon would be 4x weak to ice.

However, there's the Water/Dragons which aren't weak to ice, plus Dialga. There's also Giratina, although he is 2x weak.

But I do agree, that would be cool if there were more dragon type combos.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:09 AM
DXD Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt View Post
I always thought Lapras was a dragon when I first saw him. I think Kecleon or maybe even Sceptile could pass as dragons, since they both are like lizards. (Arn't dragons just big lizards?) Besides it would be nice to see dragon/grass or any other type other than the x4 weakness to ice dragons.
Pretty much any PKM that takes on a reptile-like appearance could be classified as "dragon-like".

My Gen. I favorite Dragon type was and always will be Dragonite!

| - [My Leaf Green Party] - |
Old 02-20-2009, 02:35 AM
silverlugia2 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to silverlugia2

Feraligatr looks somewhat like a dragon. Yes, I know it's based off an alligator. Also groudon also I am going to go out on a stretch here and say marowak and Milotic

Last edited by silverlugia2; 02-20-2009 at 04:51 AM.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:54 AM
theajshow Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverlugia2 View Post
Feraligatr looks somewhat like a dragon. Yes, I know it's based off an alligator. Also groudon also I am going to go out on a stretch here and say marowak and Milotic
Marowak? Really? I never would have thought that, but I'm game. I think Milotic is such a dragon-like Pokémon, that's a really good one. I think all the "big snakey" ones could pass off as dragons, so Milotic is a go, and Gyardos is easily dragon-like, but I'd go on an even further and say Onix and Steelix.

Ok, here's my latest contribution to possible dragon-like Pokémon, Meganium and Yanmega. Meganium is a plant-like dragon...which I've not really heard of, but hey, it could happen. As for Yanmega, well, that's easily a dragonfly. There ya go.