Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 01-28-2009, 11:33 PM
SaMaster14 Offline

Send a message via AIM to SaMaster14
Default Re: The term "gay". -ANGER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by PainKiller View Post
"Gay" is just a word. It now has three well-known meanings:

-Gay can be referred to as happy or joyful. Something along those lines. This is the first and "true" definition of the word.
-Gay can be used as slang for someone who is homosexual.
-Gay can be used to describe someone or something (slang term) "That's so gay", "You're gay", ect.

The use of words will evolve over time, it's just a matter of dealing with it. "Gay" didn't start off pertaining to homosexuals.
Those actually aren't true definitions. that is where the term gay gets mislead. It means homosexual for a male, thats not the slang part. Its slang when used to describe something that is bad. Or when people say oh come on that is so gay when someone doesn't want to do something under peer pressure, or something does go in your favor.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:41 PM
Orthar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
Those actually aren't true definitions. that is where the term gay gets mislead. It means homosexual for a male, thats not the slang part. Its slang when used to describe something that is bad. Or when people say oh come on that is so gay when someone doesn't want to do something under peer pressure, or something does go in your favor.

Main Entry: Gay
Function: Adjective
Definition: happily excited : merry "in a gay mood";keenly alive and exuberant ;having or inducing high spirits "a bird's gay spring song".

There is the actual definition of the word "gay". Do you see anything about someone being homosexual? Didn't think so. When it started being used to refer to homosexuals it was a SLANG term.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:27 AM
Powerman 6k Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Powerman 6k

Wow. I said that this thread is...

CLOSED
Old 01-29-2009, 01:08 AM
MaskedJackal Offline

Send a message via AIM to MaskedJackal Send a message via MSN to MaskedJackal

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thoughts of Warhol View Post
I think I overshot my rant thread O_O -overwhelmed- ANYWAY! What Celebi said about you, Lucario, was a bit of an understatement. Just a bit...Well, maybe way more. Your just..Ridiculous and thick-headed. Just like the people at my school! Woo! They never get what they want, so instead they start rumors, and make you fell MORE useless and pathetic. I hate people like you. And yes, I do watch Family Guy, by the way. And when they do say the word, it annoys the hell out of me. But I still love it for it's humor. It makes me laugh, so I just ignore it... >->
^ You know you've got them when they start hurdling weak, generic insults at you.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:13 AM
Soda Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Soda Send a message via MSN to Soda Send a message via Yahoo to Soda

Quote:
Wow. I said that this thread is...

CLOSED
People still have opinions on it though. This is the discussion board, rite?...
Old 01-29-2009, 01:14 AM
Black Hawk Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda View Post
right.

so... gay. Discuss.

P.S. Can u see it?

PiEaNdChIpS678 (10:48:49 PM): I found one
Mikey94028 (10:49:14 PM): is that
Mikey94028 (10:49:17 PM): who I think it is
husnainisme (10:49:25 PM): wailord
Mikey94028 (10:49:29 PM): o
Mikey94028 (10:49:34 PM): I thought it was dead
Old 01-29-2009, 01:54 AM
Powerman 6k Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Powerman 6k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda View Post
It was in the Other: Chat section. But a moderator moved it. I think I have the right to shut down my own thread... And you know you're immature when your still talking smack about someone, even though the discussion is over...Lucario.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:03 AM
MaskedJackal Offline

Send a message via AIM to MaskedJackal Send a message via MSN to MaskedJackal

Quote:
It was in the Other: Chat section. But a moderator moved it. I think I have the right to shut down my own thread... And you know you're immature when your still talking smack about someone, even though the discussion is over...Lucario.
Well, you're the one who called me out. I'm here.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:21 AM
Charbok Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charbok Send a message via MSN to Charbok Send a message via Skype™ to Charbok
Default Re: The term "gay". -ANGER- (Closed)

Oh for the sake of everything good in the world, shut UP! I cannot STAND when people are so ridiculously one-sided that they can't see someone else's point of view. Lucario (no offense), you fit in to that group, so do you rust (no offense) as do MANY OTHER PEOPLE. It's amazing to me that so many people complain about the world being ******, and yet none of them do ANYTHING to fix it except argue over whose point of view is better. Everyone has different point of views, and if people could just accept that and quit trying to BUTT IN on people's PRIVATE LIVES, then things would go so much better.

Problem is, there are terrorists in this world, and there are murderers, rapists, and ********. All that you guys are doing is adding to the negativity, and it's because of this, or people making fun of other people, or people trying to control other people, that people feel the need to kill other people (like Columbine or the Virg. Tech shootings). It makes me terribly sad that people can't just get along and see that if they just GOT ALONG that maybe things would go a bit better? The world isn't about Democrats and Republicans. It's not about Religious people and Atheists. It's not about race, it's not about gender, it's not about sexual orientation, it's not about background, IT'S NOT ABOUT ANYTHING LIKE THAT! All that they world is about is that EVERYONE IS HUMAN. We are all people, we all think, feel, eat, drink, go to the bathroom, get diseases, cry when we're sad, laugh when we're happy, think about others, experience greed, have dreams and hopes, make bad decisions and good decisions, and SO MANY OTHER THINGS. Sometimes it honestly makes me feel alone in that so many people are so ridiculously STUPID that they can't see the god damn power of POSITIVITY! There isn't a single world problem that wouldn't be helped by positivity, and there isn't a single one that wouldn't be hurt by negativity. You people need to realize that and quit acting like idiots.

There shouldn't be "differences", there shouldn't be "parties". The only party there should be is the "human" party. That, or the "positive" party.[/rant end]

Last edited by Charbok; 01-29-2009 at 02:24 AM.
Old 01-29-2009, 04:09 AM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Not to derail it, but did anyone else try to find a secret message in the capped words in Charbok's post? D:

Hi

Old 01-29-2009, 04:19 AM
Charbok Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charbok Send a message via MSN to Charbok Send a message via Skype™ to Charbok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Away View Post
Not to derail it, but did anyone else try to find a secret message in the capped words in Charbok's post? D:
Hahahah! I didn't even think about that.
Honestly, I've been having a bad day, but that really cheered me up. Thanks!
Old 01-29-2009, 04:20 AM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post
Hahahah! I didn't even think about that.
Honestly, I've been having a bad day, but that really cheered me up. Thanks!
Anytime! :D

lolfourwordrules

Hi

Old 01-29-2009, 04:40 AM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott

Thank God for those of you that joke; it's the people that flip out all the time that get me. Thank you for the laugh Fire Away, and try to watch the curse words Charbok, bad mood or not :P.

Anyways, if you can't argue your points in a mature, non-aggressive, way then don't post in a discussion thread. Discussions are for people to share their opinions and knowledge. If you find yourself getting emotional over it then don't post it up. Be kind to other people's opinions, and if you have different beliefs then refute them with facts, not anger.

Though I don't know why I'm saying this because if you don't understand the rules of the board and how you should behave you shouldn't be posting here. The problem isn't the thread so no, I won't close it, but I will watch it and if I see more senseless arguments and whatnot then I'll have to lay down my not-as-impressive-as-I'd-like infractions.

BTW those of you with the 'OMG YOU ARE IMMATURE BECAUSE YOU ARE STILL POSTING' should take a look and realize that by posting that they are just as immature. Someone mature would be able to drop it.

Cheers. And thanks for those of you who actually discussed the topic.

P.S.: You're the Agent to my Los Muertos, Painkillah.

"God, my brilliance is now somewhat of a burden. Get back to me."

Last edited by Dr Scott; 01-29-2009 at 04:42 AM.
Old 01-29-2009, 05:39 AM
Vincent_Valentine_4 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Vincent_Valentine_4

Yes those were excellent posts by both Dr Scottie To Hottie and Charboka just discuss the topics don't attack people because they're different but honestly I think that we have covered most of what we can for the time being about the word gay and its meaning.
www.myspace.com/thomashoyt I are awesome
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ostcount=19347
Brawl FC:1633-3939-2142
"Put this in your sig if religion is just used to manipulate and control people."
Old 01-29-2009, 04:49 PM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
This thread is now in the correct place. All the more it shouldn't be locked/closed. Besides, this is the kind of thread which has a lot of different points of views such that there'll always be something new and relevant. It shouldn't be closed unless there's a prolonged flame war. And there seems to be none.

On-topic: I think it has been so overused nowadays that not many people care about it now, other than the homosexuals. As time passes and they are accepted into the society, that will change, too, and by then nobody will care.