Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:24 PM
Alana Marie Offline

Default Re: Pikachu=Winnie the Pooh and Satan

Ogawd
So this is where Nate found it :x
I thought he had randomly searched
"SatanxPokemon" on google and aimed me randomness -.-"

...This made me giggle.
The metapod part was the funniest. That is what tipped me off it was fake :-/
no one could possibly think it was the strongest pokemon ever.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:46 PM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Really. This is so great. Somebody had to say it. And that person did. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Celebi View Post
EDIT: Remove the link pl0x. While it may be a spoof site, the content within the site itself is not appropriate for the forum.
Meh. Stop spoiling the fun. :X

Isn't the site just full of twisted opinions?
Old 01-21-2009, 11:48 PM
White_Rabbit Offline

Send a message via AIM to White_Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khajmer View Post
Dear God. I hate people like this. These are the people that jaded my opinion about Christians, and are the reason that even today, now that I understand that most of them actually have brains, I'm inclined to believe that a Christian I've only just met is a nutcase. And honestly, this guy can't even get his facts straight. In fact, you know what...

Edit: Also, I'd like to know when the little hard-shelled weakling only capable of becoming a harder-shell that evolves from the single most annoyingly common pokemon in the game became the rarest and most powerful.
Yeah, I've just now realized, this can't be anything but a prank some actually awesome guy played on the entire ubereligious-ultra-right. Pikachu, maybe. Jigglypuff, I admit, could easily be thought homosexual if it were, you know, MALE. But no one can be stupid or religion-blinded enough to think Metapod actually has any worth whatsoever beyond evolving into Butterfree, it just can't happen. So, I rescind my insults at you, Mr. Shuddery, and congratulate you on causing a massive page's worth of people to comment without even truly understanding what they are commenting on. I salute you as a fellow stupidity-killer. Unless you weren't joking.. In which case, you fall into the catergory of stupid, and I am a stupid killer, so... *destroys*
lol!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khajmer View Post
I apologize. It's not a stereotype, I've just grown up seeing people like that and hearing my mom comment on things like that that it's hard to shake the impression. Oh, and like I edited in, it has to be a joke, there's no way that's serious. No. Flipping. Way.
lol, apology accepted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingull View Post
Wow, that is just sad. I dislike when people act like this.
It's hilarious though how the know it all described the Pokemon.
Some stuff mentioned in that poorly written story, made me gasp, but laugh at the same time.
same here, i'm christian, and this gives us real christians bad names..it's why nobody likes us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan117 View Post
Lmao. "Metapod: is one of the rarest and most powerful Pokemons." - Best quote evar.
And Hentai? I bet that person doesnt even know hat that is.

But seriously not all Christians are like that. Im Christian and I play Pokemon and theres nothing wrong with it.
These kind of people just give a bad image to Christians.
i don't remember Misty ever losing her virginity in some erotic way to Jynx, or even to Ash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodys_Nerd View Post
Wow... that was hilarious. And slightly insulting, considering I'm a Christian myself (though I'm Catholic, and I'm pretty sure this person wasn't). I'm seriously hoping right now that this was a joke article... because if it wasn't... let's just say that these kind of people are part of the reason that the religious right (my party, by the way) has been getting a lot of bull lately.

I would seriously love to know where she got all of this "information" from.

EDIT: And seriously, Japanese "hentai?!" I think not.

EDIT EDIT: SIGGED IMMEDIATELY!
Not hentei.......lol!

seriously, i'm Christian, and when i was five till i was 14 i thought pokeman was evil....but i play it every night....lol!

Quote:
Unfortunately, I had only begun to discover the evil of the Pokemons.
awesome pwnsome quote.

Quote:
Alakazam: Spoon-bending occultist Uri Geller allegedly paid millions of dollars to have the Pokemon company include his likeness in their products. I’m sure I need not remind you of the danger of the occult - it’s the fastest route to hell. Children are encouraged to study occult techniques in order to win the most game-points.
is that what alakazam is?

Quote:
Billy Bob Neck October 1st, 2006 1:43 AM
Tristan, once again you have saved thousands of souls from an eternity of sitting in a vat of their own boiling vomit in Hell.

Y’all are just gonna have to forgive me when I say that I stand in awe of you! Jesus truly walks beside you to lead you through the valley of the shadow, son. I’m gonna start calling you Paul Harvey because you do anything that you need to to find out the rest of the story!

God Bless You, Tristan!
HAHAHAHAHA!

Quote:
a games review site described the Pokemon games as “More addictive than crack”
Lay it on me Nintendo!

Quote:
Picacu: pictured above is one of the most popular Poke-men in the series. Most characters have humorous names. This character’s name comes from Piko (meaning small) and “Choo”, the sound one makes when sneezing. Pikachu’s is uncannily similar to Disney’s more wholesome “Winnie the Pooh”. I wonder if Fran Posner is aware that a Japanise company is attempting to pirate her original characters?
i coulda sworn Pikachu was Japanese for "Small Electric mouse"

Quote:
These kids are on a mission to collect and “evolve” every single type of Pokemon in order to become the most feared Pokeomon-Hunter in the land. That’s right: Evolve!
well it keeps me off the streets and outta bed with hooters chiks.

Quote:
That’s right: Evolve!
Well what are we goin to call it?

Quote:
It was only when I had got home that I found that I had been deceived. The Pokemon series are anything but innocent - they are a foreign made manual of perversion and junk-science, designed to lure kids away from God. The more I researched this “Pokemon”, the more disturbed and offended I became:
i know good christian kids who played pokemon all their life and are awesome, they go to church every day and are as close to God as this nut-case.

Quote:
Pokemon-land
is that like disney-land?

This is a pwnsom article, keep it up for referance later!
Old 01-22-2009, 12:00 AM
spartan117 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to spartan117

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Rabbit View Post
i don't remember Misty ever losing her virginity in some erotic way to Jynx, or even to Ash.

seriously, i'm Christian, and when i was five till i was 14 i thought pokeman was evil....but i play it every night....lol!
Lol what pokemon was he watching when he made the article? o_O

And yea lol I used to think pokemon was bad when I was 8 too but then I realized it wasnt.
My URPG Stats
MyBio

If you want a free http://www.lockerz.com/ please PM me with your email.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:07 AM
Elrond Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Elrond

@ White Rabbit: Pikachu actually comes from:

"pika" - the sound a spark makes, and
"chuu" - the sound a mouse makes

Quote:
SotaOMG (10:05:46 PM): i think stunky is sexy
iamnotyou11 (10:05:54 PM): Soda stop being gay
supermonkey07@cox.net (10:06:03 PM): ironic statement?
<URPG>
I can probably take some grading requests now. But don't all rush me at once. :/
Old 01-22-2009, 12:38 AM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
Meh. Stop spoiling the fun. :X

Isn't the site just full of twisted opinions?
Its not the opinions. Several images on that site are not appropriate for this one. This is the last time I will ask this before I get a G Mod involved.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:38 AM
karmachameleon Offline

Send a message via AIM to karmachameleon

I knew it was fake when every time he would say Pokemon he would say it differently, and the part about Metapod being rare. That was really funny.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:48 AM
Light_Sky Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Light_Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Celebi View Post
Its not the opinions. Several images on that site are not appropriate for this one. This is the last time I will ask this before I get a G Mod involved.
Rust is right if you search the site more. (DON'T!) You will find unappropiate "Images". So I agree please remove link even if it's funny.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:50 AM
Lusitania Offline

Ugh, another Encyclopedia Dramatica. I hate those, but the guy is offline, so maybe we should get a g-mod involved, or just quote.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:01 AM
White_Rabbit Offline

lol!

yeah, but it's not on the page that we are given. your unnappropriate stuff that is.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:08 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

This fails on so many levels. The fact this person finds it necessary to burn everything in a fire indicates a serious psychological problem. If a normal parent didn't approve of it, they'd simply throw it in the trash and be done with it. Here's a newsflash for them, Jesus doesn't love you for being a pyromaniac. Do you want to know who else liked to burn things he didn't approve of? Adolf Hitler. Do the math, its not a righteous thing to do.

I hate it when people use religious faith and try to wield it like a weapon. This entire article reeks of self-righteous egotism, ignorance, misunderstanding, misinterpretation, and serious bias. Pokémon is just fiction, most people can see past its fictional presentation and not relate its fictional elements to anything in real life. And seriously, Pokémon is so harmless in comparison to many other things out there. It gets picked on so feverishly because its popular. If it wasn't nearly as popular as it is now (or used to be...), trust me, this kind of tripe would be non-existent.

This same kind of fanatical thinking is the same kind of mentality that drives suicide bombers to kill themselves to kill others, and religious fanatics to kill others in the name of God. By thinking they'll become martyrs through malicious actions, they're becoming the most evil and diabolical people on the planet.

And no, not all Christians are like this. I'm a very firm believer of both God and Jesus Christ, and seeing this kind of stuff makes me sick.

Old 01-22-2009, 01:13 AM
White_Rabbit Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
This fails on so many levels. The fact this person finds it necessary to burn everything in a fire indicates a serious psychological problem. If a normal parent didn't approve of it, they'd simply throw it in the trash and be done with it. Here's a newsflash for them, Jesus doesn't love you for being a pyromaniac. Do you want to know who else liked to burn things he didn't approve of? Adolf Hitler. Do the math, its not a righteous thing to do.

I hate it when people use religious faith and try to wield it like a weapon. This entire article reeks of self-righteous egotism, ignorance, misunderstanding, misinterpretation, and serious bias. Pokémon is just fiction, most people can see past its fictional presentation and not relate its fictional elements to anything in real life. And seriously, Pokémon is so harmless in comparison to many other things out there. It gets picked on so feverishly because its popular. If it wasn't nearly as popular as it is now (or used to be...), trust me, this kind of tripe would be non-existent.

This same kind of fanatical thinking is the same kind of mentality that drives suicide bombers to kill themselves to kill others, and religious fanatics to kill others in the name of God. By thinking they'll become martyrs through malicious actions, they're becoming the most evil and diabolical people on the planet.

And no, not all Christians are like this. I'm a very firm believer of both God and Jesus Christ, and seeing this kind of stuff makes me sick.
*applauds* spoken like a true deciple of Pikachu

oh....i know, lets start a church! lol All the ppl on PE2K should start a church, and we vote our leader/guy/thing! lol!

i kinda related pokemon with kinda real life one time.....but i forgot how.......oh well lol!
Old 01-22-2009, 01:18 AM
Lusitania Offline

Isn't it a fake scenario? But yeah, I know that all Christians aren't like that. My mom was a Christian, and my dad was a jew. When my mom died of cancer I was really exposed to religion and I beleived in Judiasm, the beleifs felt more, realistic(except for the Moses part, I beleive it, sort of), but I still have the Quran, the King James and Holy Bible, the Book of Mormon, The Doctrine and the Covenant and The Pearl of Great Price on my iPhone.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:27 AM
White_Rabbit Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher Lord View Post
Isn't it a fake scenario? But yeah, I know that all Christians aren't like that. My mom was a Christian, and my dad was a jew. When my mom died of cancer I was really exposed to religion and I beleived in Judiasm, the beleifs felt more, realistic(except for the Moses part, I beleive it, sort of), but I still have the Quran, the King James and Holy Bible, the Book of Mormon, The Doctrine and the Covenant and The Pearl of Great Price on my iPhone.
whoa whoa whoa! you have the D&C and Pearl on your iphone?

are....are you mormon? *shakes your hand* i love you.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:29 AM
Lusitania Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Rabbit View Post
whoa whoa whoa! you have the D&C and Pearl on your iphone?

are....are you mormon? *shakes your hand* i love you.
No, I am a proud member of the Jewish Reformed community, but I have them.