Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 01-19-2009, 11:51 PM
Haze Offline

Send a message via AIM to Haze
Default Re: Death Penalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline View Post
Then, whatever the person picks you secretly give them the opposite just to get them angry! Because I would actually prefer the death penalty over being in jail for my whole life. I would probably get butt raped 9,000+ times.
I love you

But in my opinion, going to jail would be worse. :x The Death Penalty doesn't give a chance for remorse or change, so I disagree with it ^_^;
Old 01-19-2009, 11:54 PM
Woodchuck Offline

Send a message via MSN to Woodchuck Send a message via Skype™ to Woodchuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze View Post
But in my opinion, going to jail would be worse. :x The Death Penalty doesn't give a chance for remorse or change, so I disagree with it ^_^;
This is a good point, but by the time that they've committed whatever vicious crime they're guilty of, do they really deserve more time? And they'll spend some time on death row as well, so that would offer a pretty lengthy amount of time anyway.
-Jake-

"Because without Twitter... You're f*cking nothing. Your life is just a burnt-out shell. You're like a husk."

Last edited by Woodchuck; 01-19-2009 at 11:57 PM.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:12 AM
Lusitania Offline

Yeah, but then they get a delicous last meal. I think that the people that are on death row should have to drink rain water out of the gutter and eat the most meager amounts of food possible.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:37 AM
Black Fox of the Darkness Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Black Fox of the Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher Lord View Post
Yeah, but then they get a delicous last meal. I think that the people that are on death row should have to drink rain water out of the gutter and eat the most meager amounts of food possible.
But isn't the delicious meal a waste of tax dollars? I do not think he should do that, they should be happy the last moments of their life.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:47 AM
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik

Send a message via AIM to Seawolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Fox of the Darkness View Post
But isn't the delicious meal a waste of tax dollars? I do not think he should do that, they should be happy the last moments of their life.
Agreed on all counts.

I support the dealth penalty. There are some people that just do not deserve to be here.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:08 AM
spid3r Offline
Banned

If you actually paid taxes you would support the death penalty. I mean, why should men that rape women and little children but awarded to stay alive? They get to have a life in prison where our tax dollars go to take care of them. I fully support the death penalty, it'd be cheaper for all Americans since our tax dollars wouldn't be wasted on taking care of convicts.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:10 AM
Lusitania Offline

That's why we let them eat rainwater and the crap that shop rite throws out cause it's overdue. They can eat their feces and urine if they want more.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:13 AM
spid3r Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher Lord View Post
That's why we let them eat rainwater and the crap that shop rite throws out cause it's overdue. They can eat their feces and urine if they want more.
What are you talking about? Your last sentence didn't make any sense.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:21 AM
Lusitania Offline

If they're hungry after they get their meager amount of food, they can eat it a second time after it done it's work in the digestive track.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:43 AM
Dancing Mad Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Dancing Mad

A quote from Gandhi sums up my stance on the death penalty "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Also the death penalty fails because it is supposed to deter people from committing such serious crimes that get the death penalty, but if some is screwed up enough in the head the death penalty isn't going to stop them from raping, killing or other things.

"The only pace is suicide pace, and every day is a good day to die."
- Steve Prefontaine
Old 01-20-2009, 01:51 AM
Synester Offline

Send a message via AIM to Synester

Meh, it all depeneds. What I don't honestly understand is why in some case they give them 109 years in prison as a sentence when they can just give them life. Nobodys going to live that long anyways .-.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:58 AM
Woodchuck Offline

Send a message via MSN to Woodchuck Send a message via Skype™ to Woodchuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Mad View Post
Also the death penalty fails because it is supposed to deter people from committing such serious crimes that get the death penalty, but if some is screwed up enough in the head the death penalty isn't going to stop them from raping, killing or other things.
That makes it sound like all rapists and killers are clinically insane, which they aren't. Some of them them are just desperate individuals who've fallen very far. But does that excuse them from what they've done? No it does not.
-Jake-

"Because without Twitter... You're f*cking nothing. Your life is just a burnt-out shell. You're like a husk."
Old 01-20-2009, 03:54 AM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
Agreed on all counts.

I support the dealth penalty. There are some people that just do not deserve to be here.
Quoted for truth.

The death penalty, in my opinion, is a necessary thing. Sometimes, it may not get us anywhere, but it takes down one murderer at a time. However slow, it is justice at it's best, at least for now.

Quote:
Does that mean that we should stop trying? I mean, some people might call me a hypocrite for saying so, but those who think that do not understand the mind, for we are all hypocritical at some point of our life.

The death penalty is like a double edged sword; not only does it deter people from committing murder, however small the number, but it is also justice at its finest. It may take one down one at time, but it's only a step closer off the staircase of insanity.

KNIGHT - VERITY - SORROW

Old 01-20-2009, 04:18 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

I'm sure there are plenty of people who deserve to die for what they've done, but I think lifetime in prison would be worse than death. I have to agree with Dancing Mad. Many people who commit those sorts of crimes are probably so desperate or messed up that they'd see death as a way out anyway. Having to sit in a cell your whole life thinking about what you've done and knowing you'll never get out would have to be a better deterrent. The victims and their families are going to have to deal with what happened for the rest of their lives, so why shouldn't the person who caused it?

The tax thing is a good point, but eh. I don't like the idea of people killing each other, even in the name of 'justice' or whatever.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:56 AM
spid3r Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
I'm sure there are plenty of people who deserve to die for what they've done, but I think lifetime in prison would be worse than death. I have to agree with Dancing Mad. Many people who commit those sorts of crimes are probably so desperate or messed up that they'd see death as a way out anyway. Having to sit in a cell your whole life thinking about what you've done and knowing you'll never get out would have to be a better deterrent. The victims and their families are going to have to deal with what happened for the rest of their lives, so why shouldn't the person who caused it?

The tax thing is a good point, but eh. I don't like the idea of people killing each other, even in the name of 'justice' or whatever.
Well seeing how federal state prisons allow the convicts access to many things you'd be surprised how good the have it. Internet access, books, weight rooms. Even the ability to be educated. It's not worth it, they get off so easy.