Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #256  
Old 02-22-2009, 11:56 PM
Ranma's Avatar
Ranma Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 3,196
Send a message via AIM to Ranma Send a message via MSN to Ranma Send a message via Yahoo to Ranma
Default Re: Death Penalty

Thanks for ignoring my post. =]

And age /=/ maturity. Age shouldn't matter in this. I mean honestly, no offense, but to me you look as if you're 10 because of your writing.

And killing someone won't bring back anyone, and won't change anything. In my opinion killing is wrong under nearly all circumstances. What other logic do you need out of me?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #257  
Old 02-23-2009, 12:03 AM
Vincent_Valentine_4's Avatar
Vincent_Valentine_4 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Federal Way,WA
Posts: 3,153
Send a message via AIM to Vincent_Valentine_4
Default Re: Death Penalty

How did I ignore your post if I wrote the whole situation with my cousin again? Also you don't understand everything becuase you are saying shouldn't be a problem and you think that us killing someone is supposed to bring other people back. We do it for the greater good but you can't understand that because you are to young to see the good things that come out of killing others. So us killing Saddam Hussein was a good bad thing then right I mean all super terrorists shouldn't die it's not like they wont try and do anything again or try and escape? And you try and say that money shouldn't be a factor which shows you don't understand just how in debt and screwed up america is right now and that every penny counts and you think we should be wasting our money on no good criminals which should never be the case. What more do you need out of me now?
__________________
Fc:1332-5847-5462
http://www.perfectworld.com.
My current Character is ItzPaine
www.myspace.com/thomashoyt I are awesome
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ostcount=19347
Brawl FC:1633-3939-2142
"Put this in your sig if religion is just used to manipulate and control people."
Reply With Quote
  #258  
Old 02-23-2009, 12:57 AM
Black Hawk's Avatar
Black Hawk Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bibarel?
Posts: 2,058
Default Re: Death Penalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_Valentine_4 View Post
How did I ignore your post if I wrote the whole situation with my cousin again? Also you don't understand everything becuase you are saying shouldn't be a problem and you think that us killing someone is supposed to bring other people back. We do it for the greater good but you can't understand that because you are to young to see the good things that come out of killing others. So us killing Saddam Hussein was a good bad thing then right I mean all super terrorists shouldn't die it's not like they wont try and do anything again or try and escape? And you try and say that money shouldn't be a factor which shows you don't understand just how in debt and screwed up america is right now and that every penny counts and you think we should be wasting our money on no good criminals which should never be the case. What more do you need out of me now?
I actually realize and see your point, but it may be easier for others to understand if you reiterate more and put spacing in your posts.

Oh and in response to your sig, Black Label deserved to get banned. You should have seen some of the PMs he sent me. Oh and your use of the word retarded as an accessory word for stupid greatly offends me~
__________________
URPG

PiEaNdChIpS678 (10:48:49 PM): I found one
Mikey94028 (10:49:14 PM): is that
Mikey94028 (10:49:17 PM): who I think it is
husnainisme (10:49:25 PM): wailord
Mikey94028 (10:49:29 PM): o
Mikey94028 (10:49:34 PM): I thought it was dead
Reply With Quote
  #259  
Old 02-23-2009, 01:03 AM
Vincent_Valentine_4's Avatar
Vincent_Valentine_4 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Federal Way,WA
Posts: 3,153
Send a message via AIM to Vincent_Valentine_4
Default Re: Death Penalty

I don't see me posting retarded anymore please put it in bold and if I did write It I will change it but yeah I heard about the BL thing and thank you for at least understanding my reasoning. Oh you mean in my sig yeah I understand but I'm not changing it that's my personal opinion and I believe I have to right to say it.
__________________
Fc:1332-5847-5462
http://www.perfectworld.com.
My current Character is ItzPaine
www.myspace.com/thomashoyt I are awesome
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ostcount=19347
Brawl FC:1633-3939-2142
"Put this in your sig if religion is just used to manipulate and control people."
Reply With Quote
  #260  
Old 02-23-2009, 01:10 AM
Ranma's Avatar
Ranma Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 3,196
Send a message via AIM to Ranma Send a message via MSN to Ranma Send a message via Yahoo to Ranma
Default Re: Death Penalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_Valentine_4 View Post
How did I ignore your post if I wrote the whole situation with my cousin again? Also you don't understand everything becuase you are saying shouldn't be a problem and you think that us killing someone is supposed to bring other people back. We do it for the greater good but you can't understand that because you are to young to see the good things that come out of killing others. So us killing Saddam Hussein was a good bad thing then right I mean all super terrorists shouldn't die it's not like they wont try and do anything again or try and escape? And you try and say that money shouldn't be a factor which shows you don't understand just how in debt and screwed up america is right now and that every penny counts and you think we should be wasting our money on no good criminals which should never be the case. What more do you need out of me now?
Didn't seem like that situation had anything to do with my post imo.

How is killing people for the greater good? It won't help anything. Besides, how can you say I'm too young if you don't even know my age?

Also, if we kept him under 24/7 guard he should have no chance to escape, so he wouldn't be able to do anything again.

And about the money, I'm saying even if we stopped paying for prisoners, we wouldn't be getting any of that money back. It'd be going into war, not into our pockets.

And really, if you space out your post, it'll be much easier to know when you switch from one thing to another, instead of it being one big blob.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #261  
Old 02-23-2009, 01:13 AM
Vincent_Valentine_4's Avatar
Vincent_Valentine_4 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Federal Way,WA
Posts: 3,153
Send a message via AIM to Vincent_Valentine_4
Default Re: Death Penalty

I checked your profile and it said 14 I believe and how do you know that the money would be going into war funding? Also like I said it wastes money by keeping people who have no life left alive why should saddam have sat in prison rotting when the money can go for other things regardless of what the money goes to it shouldn't be wasted on criminals.
__________________
Fc:1332-5847-5462
http://www.perfectworld.com.
My current Character is ItzPaine
www.myspace.com/thomashoyt I are awesome
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ostcount=19347
Brawl FC:1633-3939-2142
"Put this in your sig if religion is just used to manipulate and control people."
Reply With Quote
  #262  
Old 02-23-2009, 01:16 AM
Ranma's Avatar
Ranma Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 3,196
Send a message via AIM to Ranma Send a message via MSN to Ranma Send a message via Yahoo to Ranma
Default Re: Death Penalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_Valentine_4 View Post
I checked your profile and it said 14 I believe and how do you know that the money would be going into war funding? Also like I said it wastes money by keeping people who have no life left alive why should saddam have sat in prison rotting when the money can go for other things regardless of what the money goes to it shouldn't be wasted on criminals.
Ok, but still, you can't know someones maturity by age alone.

And yeah, I guess I'm not positive it'd go to war, but I trust May's perspective since she knows a lot about this kind of stuff.

And honestly, I'll say it again, I'd rather my money be used keeping murderers alive then being used for war.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #263  
Old 02-23-2009, 01:22 AM
Vincent_Valentine_4's Avatar
Vincent_Valentine_4 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Federal Way,WA
Posts: 3,153
Send a message via AIM to Vincent_Valentine_4
Default Re: Death Penalty

I highly highly doubt that every penny would be used for war but all right I understand I wont bother trying to say anything else seems how both of us have our opinions set anyways.
__________________
Fc:1332-5847-5462
http://www.perfectworld.com.
My current Character is ItzPaine
www.myspace.com/thomashoyt I are awesome
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ostcount=19347
Brawl FC:1633-3939-2142
"Put this in your sig if religion is just used to manipulate and control people."
Reply With Quote
  #264  
Old 02-23-2009, 03:16 AM
Kenny_C.002's Avatar
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hina <3
Posts: 12,268
Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002
Default Re: Death Penalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_Valentine_4 View Post
How did I ignore your post if I wrote the whole situation with my cousin again? Also you don't understand everything becuase you are saying shouldn't be a problem and you think that us killing someone is supposed to bring other people back. We do it for the greater good but you can't understand that because you are to young to see the good things that come out of killing others. So us killing Saddam Hussein was a good bad thing then right I mean all super terrorists shouldn't die it's not like they wont try and do anything again or try and escape? And you try and say that money shouldn't be a factor which shows you don't understand just how in debt and screwed up america is right now and that every penny counts and you think we should be wasting our money on no good criminals which should never be the case. What more do you need out of me now?
Reply to bolded:
So the ends justify the means?
Reply With Quote
  #265  
Old 02-23-2009, 03:28 AM
Ryan Nissan Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Missouri
Posts: 2,187
Default Re: Death Penalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_Valentine_4 View Post
What are you even talking about I'm not picking on you and stop trying to make me look like a bad guy you called me immature plain and simple I'm not going to just act like it never happened and besides how old are you because anyone under 18 shouldn't be posting here IMO because you aren't mentally mature enough. Like I said about my cousin he was murdered by a guy who previously had assault charges on children he deserves to die because he ended one persons life and probably screwed up the other kid permanently that's 2 people who he screwed up thus he has no right to live what other logic do you need out of me? Also read all the other posts so many people have stated why it's okay to kill yet you ignore them all.
My mind is perfectly capable of comprehending what I hear. I'm able to understand and tell what facts are from fiction. I do think I'm pretty mentally mature, although I've got a long way before I hit 18. Is there a problem with people that aren't 18?


Death penalty? Only for those who serious did horrible things, like Saddam and such.
__________________
[20:18] ryannissan: I get what you're saying. And sure, just as long as it's not two hours, SON
[20:23] Broderick1995: two hours my ass
[20:24] ryannissan: LMAO
Reply With Quote
  #266  
Old 02-23-2009, 02:19 PM
Void's Avatar
Void Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,047
Default Re: Death Penalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_Valentine_4 View Post
What are you even talking about I'm not picking on you and stop trying to make me look like a bad guy you called me immature plain and simple I'm not going to just act like it never happened and besides how old are you because anyone under 18 shouldn't be posting here IMO because you aren't mentally mature enough. Like I said about my cousin he was murdered by a guy who previously had assault charges on children he deserves to die because he ended one persons life and probably screwed up the other kid permanently that's 2 people who he screwed up thus he has no right to live what other logic do you need out of me? Also read all the other posts so many people have stated why it's okay to kill yet you ignore them all.
Actually, Vincent, I think you would be having a different opinion if it weren't for the murdering of your cousin (and I am very sorry to hear about what happened to him). But it it obvious that your emotions are getting mixed up with your logic. You can't just think about your cousin's case, you have to think about the many other cases out there. Looking at the death penalty system in action, you realize that the only purpose it serves is retribution or revenge, it is seriously (and intrinsically) flawed in application and that there is a serious and continuing risk of executing innocent people.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #267  
Old 02-23-2009, 02:43 PM
Wisp's Avatar
Wisp Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: In my bedroom, with my xbox :3
Posts: 1,278
Send a message via MSN to Wisp
Default Re: Death Penalty

I think capital punishment is right and just and she be available in all countries. I know there are people that believe "everyone deserves a second chance". Well, why should they? If they can't obey the laws once what makes people think they won't for a second time?
Nowadays people are getting about 5 years for murder, maybe it's just me, but I think thats disgusting. o_o;;
If capital punishment was brought back, it would be a threat to all those considering to do murder etc. Probably, greatly reducing the crime rates around the world.

Well, uhm, thats my opinion. ^-^;
__________________


dA × vpp × urpg × twitter × gamertag: IchigoTako × MALEFICENT♥

Last edited by Wisp; 02-23-2009 at 05:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #268  
Old 02-23-2009, 05:10 PM
Snow Fairy Sugar's Avatar
Snow Fairy Sugar Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Land of the Blue Roses
Posts: 5,865
Send a message via AIM to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via MSN to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via Yahoo to Snow Fairy Sugar
Default Re: Death Penalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_Valentine_4 View Post
I checked your profile and it said 14 I believe and how do you know that the money would be going into war funding? Also like I said it wastes money by keeping people who have no life left alive why should saddam have sat in prison rotting when the money can go for other things regardless of what the money goes to it shouldn't be wasted on criminals.
Maybe you should spend some time reading about the budgets? They've already wasted Five-Trillion-that-could-better-be-used-elsewhere. War spending apparently seems to have gotten top priority over even some of the operating deficits of the country.

Secondly...murder's not always murder. Why do people see murder in One-Dimensional? Lemme list out the different possible kinds of "murder". And don't jump at me on informality, I'll admit that I don't know that much about the law, so I'm listing and simplifying from the top of my head.

1) Organized murder (Gangland style).
2) Revenge attempt.
3) Honor killing. (Read- acts against muslim [in particular] and eastern immigrant girls who are forced to marry, but if they refuse...)
4) Murder due to desperation.
5) War crimes.
6) Murder preceded by previous crime. Can/Cannot be always intentioned. (Rape/robbery/assault)
7) Murder with on-the-spur hormonal effect.
8) Organized murder (Individually).
9) Murder on some kind of illusion/mania. (Hallucinogenic, Alcoholic..)
10) Murder due to negligence. (I'm classing all, medical, driving...)
11) Murder in an attempt of a self defence act.

...To name a few. I'd name more that I think of when I remember, but for now...do you believe all the crimes deserve the death penalty?

Oh and the argument that death penalty can be used as a crime deterrent is somewhat...misguided.

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/dete...r-murder-rates

Deterrence: States Without the Death Penalty Have Had Consistently Lower Murder Rates


Murder rates are from the FBI's "Crime in the United States" and are per 100,000 population.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #269  
Old 02-23-2009, 05:19 PM
Judge Dredd's Avatar
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Gold 3438-5902-8014
Posts: 33,107
Default Re: Death Penalty

Secondly...murder's not always murder. Why do people see murder in One-Dimensional? Lemme list out the different possible kinds of "murder". And don't jump at me on informality, I'll admit that I don't know that much about the law, so I'm listing and simplifying from the top of my head.

1) Organized murder (Gangland style).
2) Revenge attempt.
3) Honor killing. (Read- acts against muslim [in particular] and eastern immigrant girls who are forced to marry, but if they refuse...)
4) Murder due to desperation.
5) War crimes.
6) Murder preceded by previous crime. Can/Cannot be always intentioned. (Rape/robbery/assault)
7) Murder with on-the-spur hormonal effect.
8) Organized murder (Individually).
9) Murder on some kind of illusion/mania. (Hallucinogenic, Alcoholic..)
10) Murder due to negligence. (I'm classing all, medical, driving...)
11) Murder in an attempt of a self defence act.

...To name a few. I'd name more that I think of when I remember, but for now...do you believe all the crimes deserve the death penalty?


please dont go off the topic

the fact is there is a direct link between death penalty and lower crime rates in many other countries. The flaw in our system is that two people can do the same thing and get two different punishments. Consistancey is the key here.
__________________
VPP

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Reply With Quote
  #270  
Old 02-23-2009, 05:22 PM
Wisp's Avatar
Wisp Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: In my bedroom, with my xbox :3
Posts: 1,278
Send a message via MSN to Wisp
Default Re: Death Penalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Fairy Sugar View Post

...To name a few. I'd name more that I think of when I remember, but for now...do you believe all the crimes deserve the death penalty?
Of course not, I think that people should be sentenced appropriately to their crime. I think it'd be pretty stupid if people who were shoplifting got capital punishment. o_o
__________________


dA × vpp × urpg × twitter × gamertag: IchigoTako × MALEFICENT♥
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com