Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 02-21-2009, 09:05 PM
spid3r Offline
Banned

Default Re: Death Penalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Fairy Sugar View Post
If people whine about tax dollars and taxes as a reason to use Death Penalty, then why can't the issue about the war come in?

@ Josh: Good point(s) Josh lol.
One thing is that the tax dollars relate with the topic at hand, it goes with the death penalty. Bringing up in the war in Iraq in a discussion about the death penalty has no relevance what so ever.

@ Doctor: I'm sure it has changed some peoples minds, but we can't change everything can we?
Old 02-21-2009, 09:10 PM
Snow Fairy Sugar Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via MSN to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via Yahoo to Snow Fairy Sugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finch View Post
May is always right.
Thanks Cap'n.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spid3r View Post
One thing is that the tax dollars relate with the topic at hand, it goes with the death penalty. Bringing up in the war in Iraq in a discussion about the death penalty has no relevance what so ever.
The point of issue here is tax dollars, not the war. So thats why I raised it. And you may feel its irrelevant, so you can forget about it. :] But I won't.

Oh and the Iraq War = Death Penalty for One million Iraqis and Muslims and Legend Slayers. Got the relevance? Happy nao? :3
Old 02-21-2009, 09:56 PM
spid3r Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Fairy Sugar View Post

Thanks Cap'n.
The point of issue here is tax dollars, not the war. So thats why I raised it. And you may feel its irrelevant, so you can forget about it. :] But I won't.

Oh and the Iraq War = Death Penalty for One million Iraqis and Muslims and Legend Slayers. Got the relevance? Happy nao? :3
Now you're just being ignorant. The topic on hand is should the death penalty be implemented on certain crimes. No where were we talking about innocent lives being killed during a war.
Old 02-22-2009, 01:14 AM
Finch Offline
Inazuma

Send a message via Skype™ to Finch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spid3r View Post
Now you're just being ignorant. The topic on hand is should the death penalty be implemented on certain crimes. No where were we talking about innocent lives being killed during a war.
Whether or not you agree with the significance of this analogy is without importance. Fact of the matter is, that innocent people die both in war and in the legal system.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:57 AM
SalvadorDalí Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to SalvadorDalí

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkipraggy View Post
Basically the emperor was said to be The One Chosen By Heaven, so going against him is like going against God. You couldn't even wear yellow, since yellow was the emperor's colour.

It's IMO easier for 12 normal people to get it wrong than 1 expert.

You talk as if everyone that's on trial is innocent. This isn't Phoenix Wright, you know. I'd rather play it safe than sorry. We already have so darn many checks and balances to make sure that the person found guilty is really guilty, and anyway there can never be a way of knowing if a person is guilty or innocent. For every 10000 people that are given a right verdict, maybe 1 is given a wrong one. Too bad. Suck it up. It's always happened, and we've already tried our best, so let it go.
I'd like to see how you feel if your Dad or Mom was put on the death penalty for something they didn't do. Then lets see if you feel the same way.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:07 AM
silverlugia2 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to silverlugia2

honestly comparing both the war on Iraq and the death penalty is just foolish, in my opinon. Now, if you were comparing how many innocent lives saddam killed before we went there to iraq then sure but still that's a stretch. If you must know the statics of innocent people being convicted there have been at least 400 so far and 23 have been executed. But better DNA testing is turning this around and you can't deny that's it's helped convict some people who are guilty and also help release others who were found innocent. Most of the people who were convicted back then did not have either a good jugde/jury or the DNA testing we have today.
The economy has everything to do with the death penalty an The automatic appeal process costs roughly up to $700,000 in legal fees. Plus like someone mentioned before the cost of $88 per day for the inmate. That's alot of money for a convicted murderer who knows he's guilty to use just to try to get off "easy". I'm not saying either side is wrong cause both have good points, and yes I agree with the death penalty but not the death of innocents convicted for a crime they didn't comment; I for sure know I wouldn't want to be. No, I don't agree with the war (although irrelevant to this topic). I guess what I'm saying is each side has their own pros and cons and just looking at the pros for your side is being closed minded. If that makes any sense. I'm getting tired of typing so I'm going to stop here, that and I think I'm getting off topic.

Last edited by silverlugia2; 02-22-2009 at 06:41 AM.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:54 PM
Vincent_Valentine_4 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Vincent_Valentine_4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Hawk View Post
You're the immature one. I don't want to start throwing insults but you're not really in a place to call us that until you learn what a comma is.

But if you killed two people, would you want to be executed? That's the base behind my question. If you would want to be executed, well then you have mental issues. It's a natural human instinct to want to stay alive, so in my opinion you're just saying what you're saying to seem self-righteous.

Come on. Give it up. You know you would want to live. So quit being a hypocrite by saying others should die.
It is plain and simple you kill multiple people you get killed it doesn't matter if you don't want to die if you don't want to die then don't kill people in the first place. Also don't ever try and call me immature I'm not the one going around saying High five to people in a debate thread I find it very offensive that you try and call me immature even though I've tried using logic and reasoning and you throw stupid insults at me.
www.myspace.com/thomashoyt I are awesome
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ostcount=19347
Brawl FC:1633-3939-2142
"Put this in your sig if religion is just used to manipulate and control people."
Old 02-22-2009, 09:56 PM
Ranma Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Ranma Send a message via MSN to Ranma Send a message via Yahoo to Ranma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_Valentine_4 View Post
It is plain and simple you kill multiple people you get killed it doesn't matter if you don't want to die if you don't want to die then don't kill people in the first place. Also don't ever try and call me immature I'm not the one going around saying High five to people in a debate thread I find it very offensive that you try and call me immature even though I've tried using logic and reasoning and you throw stupid insults at me.
Can I see those logic points you posted, because I must have missed them.

Well going by what you say we need to start killing self-defense killers, accidental killers, ect.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:58 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

I already posted in previous posts self defense and such was ok just go back and read all my posts I explained the situation about my nephew being murdered already.
"Put this in your sig if religion is just used to manipulate and control people."
Old 02-22-2009, 10:08 PM
Black Hawk Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Dude, that was a week+ ago and you already responded to it. Pick on someone else

PiEaNdChIpS678 (10:48:49 PM): I found one
Mikey94028 (10:49:14 PM): is that
Mikey94028 (10:49:17 PM): who I think it is
husnainisme (10:49:25 PM): wailord
Mikey94028 (10:49:29 PM): o
Mikey94028 (10:49:34 PM): I thought it was dead
Old 02-22-2009, 10:12 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Hawk View Post
Dude, that was a week+ ago and you already responded to it. Pick on someone else
I'm just saying you attacked me and I don't like that.
On topic again my original logic for the death penalty if you kill multiple times or have been convicted of multiple serious crimes you should die. If you used self defense and can prove it you're fine because you were protecting yourself but if you kill for no reason and we can prove it why should you not be put to death it's a simple philosophy as others have stated. You don't have the right to live after you have taken others rights away and we don't need to waste money on low life criminals anyways so many more people need that money right now.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:19 PM
Tory vs Meaty II Offline

Send a message via ICQ to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via AIM to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via MSN to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Yahoo to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Skype™ to Tory vs Meaty II

Wow, I'm the one who started all of this.

~ Banner & avatar by me ~
Bye PE2K, I am leaving forever.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:27 PM
Ranma Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Ranma Send a message via MSN to Ranma Send a message via Yahoo to Ranma

Quote:
I already posted in previous posts self defense and such was ok just go back and read all my posts I explained the situation about my nephew being murdered already.
Well I have yet to see any real evidence posted by you, which is why I asked you to find it for me.

Quote:
On topic again my original logic for the death penalty if you kill multiple times or have been convicted of multiple serious crimes you should die. If you used self defense and can prove it you're fine because you were protecting yourself but if you kill for no reason and we can prove it why should you not be put to death it's a simple philosophy as others have stated. You don't have the right to live after you have taken others rights away and we don't need to waste money on low life criminals anyways so many more people need that money right now.
And why do we have the right to decide that it's okay to kill people who kill others? And as May said, the money that goes to prisons would just go into wars instead, and kill many innocent people.

I'd rather have my money going to murderes than to killing innocent people.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:43 PM
Black Hawk Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Yeah, I attacked you indirectly more than a week ago to which you already responded. No reason to bring up pointless posts just to up your count. Pick on someone else

Killing is bad no matter what. [/Thread]

PiEaNdChIpS678 (10:48:49 PM): I found one
Mikey94028 (10:49:14 PM): is that
Mikey94028 (10:49:17 PM): who I think it is
husnainisme (10:49:25 PM): wailord
Mikey94028 (10:49:29 PM): o
Mikey94028 (10:49:34 PM): I thought it was dead
Old 02-22-2009, 10:48 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

What are you even talking about I'm not picking on you and stop trying to make me look like a bad guy you called me immature plain and simple I'm not going to just act like it never happened and besides how old are you because anyone under 18 shouldn't be posting here IMO because you aren't mentally mature enough. Like I said about my cousin he was murdered by a guy who previously had assault charges on children he deserves to die because he ended one persons life and probably screwed up the other kid permanently that's 2 people who he screwed up thus he has no right to live what other logic do you need out of me? Also read all the other posts so many people have stated why it's okay to kill yet you ignore them all.