Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 02-13-2009, 01:28 AM
Ranma Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Ranma Send a message via MSN to Ranma Send a message via Yahoo to Ranma
Default Re: Death Penalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahlat View Post
Okay fine if we do that why don't we give the homeless necceccaties to life. The reason I bring up homeless a lot is because a lot of my friends are homeless or were.
I think we should.

The problem is too many people are greedy. Any little thing coming out of their wallet is a huge matter, no matter where it goes. Even if it saves a life, most people don't give a crap, they want their money. (Until that money's going to help them of course)

I mean I'd help and all, but at my age there's only one place to get a job, and the pay sucks.

And this is getting off-topic.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:23 AM
Azumao Offline
That Whiscash Freak
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Azumao Send a message via MSN to Azumao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma View Post
Wouldn't putting them in jail for life stop them from killing people.

Well they aren't taking away their right, they're taking away the persons life. I don't think it's right for them to kill others, but I also think it is wrong to kill them.
Everybody has a right to live. If they are not living, then that right is not fulfilled. Therefore, is somebody commits murder, they take away that right.

Putting them in jail isn't solving the problem. People who kill should be killed. Eye for an eye: a simple, honest, and fair philosophy. Either way, I honestly believe that a murderer doesn't deserve to live. At all.

Quote:
Seriously.

I agree prison isn't harsh enough, but we shouldn't kill them because the jails are too nice.

How about we give them the necceccaties to life, and nothing more. That way we don't have to kill them, and their life isn't the "wonderland" everyone thinks it is.
...That's what jail is.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:44 AM
Charbok Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charbok Send a message via MSN to Charbok Send a message via Skype™ to Charbok

I cannot begin to imagine how someone on death row must feel. Part of me wholly opposes the death penalty, and any kind of penalty of any kind for anyone. That's because I am a ridiculously positive person and don't want anyone to get hurt in any way. =/

Obviously this is impossible to live with, so from a logical standpoint, the death penalty is necessary. Some people are too dangerous to be kept alive, but I just... I can't begin to tell you how terrible it is in my eyes. Call me too compassionate or whatever, but that's how I roll.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:03 PM
Starkipraggy Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Starkipraggy

IMHO if murderers aren't killed, they should live like a really, really poor person. They should eat their own faeces and drink their own urine, and not have a roof over their heads or even clothes to their name. Worse than death.

Mons are here though

私はグレダーです--I am a Grader
Old 02-15-2009, 01:10 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unreal Shadow Tracker View Post
hahahaha boy you kids are way off, all of you shouting god this, jesus that. lucky for us here in this country there is a seperation of church and state. That way the bible has NOTHING to do with the way we punish people for breaking laws. Next im going to read you kids burning women at the stake for being pro choice, if this thread was only made for people with the same view it really should have titled that, that way vince or anyone else wouldnt have wasted there time. Further more, attacking him and asking him to leave seems very childish. Use insults like saying grammer to him, becuase you couldnt think of anything better. One thing you kids will learn as you get older, that you have the ability to think freely and not just believe everything you are told.

Last* I havent read one single message that stats any valid reason for not having the death penalty. last what in the world were you thinking ? are you saying that childern in orphanage are equel to people on death row....My god what state do you live i? because of childern are being treated like people in persion something needs to be done. What exactly is the punishment, of being in jail, some people end up in jails that are like hotels with flat screen tvs and all the time to run around in the world to run around, plus they get feed well. Is that really a punishment? every homeless person in the world should start commiting crimes.....

A child put in an orphanage(after the woman goes through giving birth and leaving the child at an orphanage) may suffer more misery- and chances are, that he will, than an adult in prison. Whereas the adult may understand what he's done, and...try to mull over what he's done, the child will be through a long spell of relative discomfort, sadness and general misery. But even if the prisoner suffers...well he deserves it, sort of.

General summarizing: If a child is made to live and suffer for no reason of their own, why can't outlaws/adults, who deserve that punishment? They have to pay their debt back to society. Just wondered..
Hey. Why are you quoting me? I said nothing of that sort. D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Fairy Sugar View Post

Unethical? Why else was Guatnamo Bay shut down? :]

Oh and killing a tortured person is doing them a favor.

"Oh god this pain..let it end, let it end..!!!" And it ends. Pfft, where's the fun in that? Let them have long term torture, physical pain, and enough time to regret it. =]
Stop for a moment and read between the lines. I never compared orphans and murderers, cutie. I just took a dig at the so-proclaimed "pro-life" people. We already have people who don't read between the lines- or anything in the debate, by accident or purpose. There're no troll slots vacant, tyvm. >:i
I meant, the only way they can die is by the torture. If they die during the physical torture... :X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkipraggy View Post
IMHO if murderers aren't killed, they should live like a really, really poor person. They should eat their own faeces and drink their own urine, and not have a roof over their heads or even clothes to their name. Worse than death.
We should also torture them to top it up. >:D

And why is everyone talking only about murderers? People who commit other heinous crimes should also suffer the same fate.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:17 AM
Light_Sky Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Light_Sky

Why did I make this thread what the hell was I thinking!
There should be no death penalty period the end!
Old 02-16-2009, 11:32 PM
Ear Lobe Offline
Banned

Death simplifies all complex situations.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:33 PM
The Maple Syrup Baptist Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to The Maple Syrup Baptist Send a message via MSN to The Maple Syrup Baptist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ear Lobe View Post
Death simplifies all complex situations.
Or complicates them more, depending on the circumstances.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:39 PM
Game Over Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Game Over

What makes the death penalty right? Why should someone get a free escape from potentially spending life in prison. IMO if prison was so easy than why are people comitting suicide?
Old 02-17-2009, 01:06 AM
Dap04 Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Dap04

I don't believe that we have to right to decide who lives and who dies. We are persecuting others for crimes when we ourselves have done crimes ourselves yet arguably lesser crimes in the ideals of our small minds. I believe jail should be the final authority for punishment on Earth.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:53 AM
Azumao Offline
That Whiscash Freak
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Azumao Send a message via MSN to Azumao

We are nobody to decide who lives or dies, but murderers decide if others live or die. Therefore, I find it logical that we can, and should, kill them.

However, if a person has not taken a life, then I don't think they should be killed. It's quite logical. You take a life, we take your life. That's how I think it /should/ be, anyway.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:55 AM
Light_Sky Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azumao View Post
We are nobody to decide who lives or dies, but murderers decide if others live or die. Therefore, I find it logical that we can, and should, kill them.

However, if a person has not taken a life, then I don't think they should be killed. It's quite logical. You take a life, we take your life. That's how I think it /should/ be, anyway.
Oh my god this debate is driving me insane!
Old 02-17-2009, 02:00 AM
Elrond Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Elrond

Quote:

I still don't think that the death penalty should be employed even that lightly. I mean, there are some people who kill to defend themselves, or who really didn't mean to kill someone (drunk driving, for example, though I'm not diminishing the severity of the crime). Though, in very serious cases, like serial killers / serial rapists / terrorists, I would not shed any tears over their deaths.

Quote:
SotaOMG (10:05:46 PM): i think stunky is sexy
iamnotyou11 (10:05:54 PM): Soda stop being gay
supermonkey07@cox.net (10:06:03 PM): ironic statement?
<URPG>
I can probably take some grading requests now. But don't all rush me at once. :/
Old 02-17-2009, 02:05 AM
Ranma Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Ranma Send a message via MSN to Ranma Send a message via Yahoo to Ranma

Quote:

So now we need to start raping rapists too?
Old 02-17-2009, 02:07 AM
Light_Sky Offline
Banned

Quote:
So now we need to start raping rapists too?
Ahh this is gonna make me explode! AHHH!
Please please make it stop!

I say no death penalty period!