Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #136  
Old 02-07-2009, 02:07 AM
Vincent_Valentine_4's Avatar
Vincent_Valentine_4 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Federal Way,WA
Posts: 3,153
Send a message via AIM to Vincent_Valentine_4
Default Re: Death Penalty

Self defense is another story if you kill someone out of self defense and it can be proven that it was self defense then no you shouldn't die and even if I have been saying the same thing over and over no one has proven it wrong.
__________________
Fc:1332-5847-5462
http://www.perfectworld.com.
My current Character is ItzPaine
www.myspace.com/thomashoyt I are awesome
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ostcount=19347
Brawl FC:1633-3939-2142
"Put this in your sig if religion is just used to manipulate and control people."
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 02-07-2009, 02:18 AM
Judge Dredd's Avatar
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Gold 3438-5902-8014
Posts: 33,107
Default Re: Death Penalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_Valentine_4 View Post
Self defense is another story if you kill someone out of self defense and it can be proven that it was self defense then no you shouldn't die and even if I have been saying the same thing over and over no one has proven it wrong.
so money isnt eqaul to life huh.....what do you consider "life" cant be anything living....cause if youve ever eaten fast food, your pretty much paying for murder. you kids are crazy, death is a natural part of life. if any homless apporched for money to eat and you said no, then what your doing is add to a human straving...
__________________
VPP

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 02-07-2009, 02:42 AM
karmachameleon's Avatar
karmachameleon Offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 1,223
Send a message via AIM to karmachameleon
Default Re: Death Penalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unreal Shadow Tracker View Post
so money isnt eqaul to life huh.....what do you consider "life" cant be anything living....cause if youve ever eaten fast food, your pretty much paying for murder. you kids are crazy, death is a natural part of life. if any homless apporched for money to eat and you said no, then what your doing is add to a human straving...
No, not giving a homeless person money isn't a bad thing it's just not a good thing. It's not adding to human starvation, it's just not donating money. There's nothing wrong with not giving money away.

I think the death penalty should be used in certain specific cases like it is already.
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 02-07-2009, 02:45 AM
Vincent_Valentine_4's Avatar
Vincent_Valentine_4 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Federal Way,WA
Posts: 3,153
Send a message via AIM to Vincent_Valentine_4
Default Re: Death Penalty

The one thing in this thread that really pisses me off is that everyone thinks that if you kill a killer that you are no better than them. I will give you an example right now lets say guy kills someone goes to jail gets out and kills again. Ovbiously he's had his 2 chances and has blown them both now why should he be able to get out again and more than likely kill again? Now lets say I kill this guy to prevent him from killing any more innocent people how am I as bad as he is just because I am trying to save innocent people? I know everyone is saying well make prison worse for them but be realistic about this that isn't going to happen now please explain to me clearly how I would be just as bad as the guy who killed 2 people and would probably kill another innocent person?
__________________
Fc:1332-5847-5462
http://www.perfectworld.com.
My current Character is ItzPaine
www.myspace.com/thomashoyt I are awesome
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ostcount=19347
Brawl FC:1633-3939-2142
"Put this in your sig if religion is just used to manipulate and control people."
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 02-07-2009, 03:00 AM
Niro's Avatar
Niro Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Spring Hill, Fl
Posts: 838
Send a message via AIM to Niro Send a message via MSN to Niro
Default Re: Death Penalty

Necromany, if the murderer deemed the man a threat, he would need witnesses to back him up, without that, there's no solid evidence he WAS a threat.

The Death penalty was created (in my opinion) to show killers, rapists, etc that you WILL be punished greatly if caught and for others NOT to follow their example.
__________________
White FC:
Gold FC: 3138 8184 9288

"A true man never frets about his place in the world, but just slides into it by the gravitation of his nature, and swings there as easily as a star." Credit to Gemma for avvie.
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 02-07-2009, 03:39 AM
Black Hawk's Avatar
Black Hawk Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bibarel?
Posts: 2,058
Default Re: Death Penalty

I have an idea. Put yourself into a situation.

If you killed a guy, for any reason, it doesn't matter the context, would you think that you should be killed too?

I personally would not think I should be killed because I love life forever and ever amen.

And if you answered yes to my question, please call 1-800-SUICIDE (784-2433) for counciling on your problems.
__________________
URPG

PiEaNdChIpS678 (10:48:49 PM): I found one
Mikey94028 (10:49:14 PM): is that
Mikey94028 (10:49:17 PM): who I think it is
husnainisme (10:49:25 PM): wailord
Mikey94028 (10:49:29 PM): o
Mikey94028 (10:49:34 PM): I thought it was dead
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 02-07-2009, 09:46 AM
Mitsuzo-kun's Avatar
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: England
Posts: 5,228
Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun
Default Re: Death Penalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_Valentine_4 View Post
The one thing in this thread that really pisses me off is that everyone thinks that if you kill a killer that you are no better than them. I will give you an example right now lets say guy kills someone goes to jail gets out and kills again. Ovbiously he's had his 2 chances and has blown them both now why should he be able to get out again and more than likely kill again? That's why there's a LIFE sentence. Now lets say I kill this guy to prevent him from killing any more innocent people how am I as bad as he is just because I am trying to save innocent people? But everybody's life has value. Be it whether they are a murderer or not. The reason they were sent to jail was for making the decision to do that and then ending somebody's life. Why shouldn't you be punished for the same thing? Prison is a better option. I know everyone is saying well make prison worse for them but be realistic about this that isn't going to happen now please explain to me clearly how I would be just as bad as the guy who killed 2 people and would probably kill another innocent person?Well then you be realistic. It's more likely that prisons will be made tougher than for the death sentence to be used willy nilly like you want it to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niro View Post
Necromany, if the murderer deemed the man a threat, he would need witnesses to back him up, without that, there's no solid evidence he WAS a threat.

If he was in a dark alley, and was going to get murdered by a man, and killed the other man in self defence, there are no witnesses to back him up. All there is as evidence is the murderer's DNA on a weapon or the body, and then there's the corpse. Should a man in this situation be sentenced to death? For being in the wrong place in the wrong time and just defending himself?

The Death penalty was created (in my opinion) to show killers, rapists, etc that you WILL be punished greatly if caught and for others NOT to follow their example.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Hawk View Post
I have an idea. Put yourself into a situation.

If you killed a guy, for any reason, it doesn't matter the context, would you think that you should be killed too?

I personally would not think I should be killed because I love life forever and ever amen.

And if you answered yes to my question, please call 1-800-SUICIDE (784-2433) for counciling on your problems.
*high fives*
__________________
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 02-07-2009, 12:24 PM
Ranma's Avatar
Ranma Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 3,196
Send a message via AIM to Ranma Send a message via MSN to Ranma Send a message via Yahoo to Ranma
Default Re: Death Penalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_Valentine_4 View Post
Self defense is another story if you kill someone out of self defense and it can be proven that it was self defense then no you shouldn't die and even if I have been saying the same thing over and over no one has proven it wrong.
We have, you've just been ignoring our responses and repeating what you said.

If they get life sentense, how can they be out on the streets murdering people?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 02-07-2009, 04:48 PM
Black Hawk's Avatar
Black Hawk Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bibarel?
Posts: 2,058
Default Re: Death Penalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancy View Post
*high fives*
*jumps in the air and thoroughly enjoys his high five*

Anyone else care to comment on my statement?
__________________
URPG

PiEaNdChIpS678 (10:48:49 PM): I found one
Mikey94028 (10:49:14 PM): is that
Mikey94028 (10:49:17 PM): who I think it is
husnainisme (10:49:25 PM): wailord
Mikey94028 (10:49:29 PM): o
Mikey94028 (10:49:34 PM): I thought it was dead
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 02-07-2009, 04:59 PM
Vincent_Valentine_4's Avatar
Vincent_Valentine_4 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Federal Way,WA
Posts: 3,153
Send a message via AIM to Vincent_Valentine_4
Default Re: Death Penalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Hawk View Post
I have an idea. Put yourself into a situation.

If you killed a guy, for any reason, it doesn't matter the context, would you think that you should be killed too?

I personally would not think I should be killed because I love life forever and ever amen.

And if you answered yes to my question, please call 1-800-SUICIDE (784-2433) for counciling on your problems.
There is nothing to say about your comment that hasn't already been said read my big long post it explained why killing should be ok in certain situations also Ranma not very many murderers get locked up for life did you try and read my story about my little cousin his murderer is getting out in only 5 years so don't try and call me ignorant I have read every last little thing that you guys have stated and it fails sorry but you have yet to give back a good reason you just give the same answeres that have been proven wrong on multiple occasions.
__________________
Fc:1332-5847-5462
http://www.perfectworld.com.
My current Character is ItzPaine
www.myspace.com/thomashoyt I are awesome
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ostcount=19347
Brawl FC:1633-3939-2142
"Put this in your sig if religion is just used to manipulate and control people."
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 02-07-2009, 05:05 PM
Mitsuzo-kun's Avatar
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: England
Posts: 5,228
Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun
Default Re: Death Penalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_Valentine_4 View Post
read my big long post
I might be able to if it didn't make my eyes bleed. Punctuation plz. And I did read it. You can't just write off what people say as fail and not give a good response to it. That's rude and shows that you "debating" is pointless.
__________________
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 02-07-2009, 05:08 PM
Vincent_Valentine_4's Avatar
Vincent_Valentine_4 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Federal Way,WA
Posts: 3,153
Send a message via AIM to Vincent_Valentine_4
Default Re: Death Penalty

Read all the other posts you guys haven't given good arguements you just say killing is wrong plain and simple you say well how can people who are in jail for life kill again well very few people get jail for life who murder others and if you didn't know America is in a lot of debt right now and we shouldn't be wasting money and no good criminals who rape and kill people so no matter what you say money is a huge deal right now and this logical conclusion of murdering those who deserve it makes perfect sense. Am I being clear enough yet?
__________________
Fc:1332-5847-5462
http://www.perfectworld.com.
My current Character is ItzPaine
www.myspace.com/thomashoyt I are awesome
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ostcount=19347
Brawl FC:1633-3939-2142
"Put this in your sig if religion is just used to manipulate and control people."
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 02-07-2009, 05:11 PM
Black Hawk's Avatar
Black Hawk Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bibarel?
Posts: 2,058
Default Re: Death Penalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_Valentine_4 View Post
There is nothing to say about your comment that hasn't already been said read my big long post it explained why killing should be ok in certain situations also Ranma not very many murderers get locked up for life did you try and read my story about my little cousin his murderer is getting out in only 5 years so don't try and call me ignorant I have read every last little thing that you guys have stated and it fails sorry but you have yet to give back a good reason you just give the same answeres that have been proven wrong on multiple occasions.
You fail at debating. You obviously neglected to pay attention to my statement because what you say also holds no water against it. I'm not saying its okay in certain occasions.

I'm trying to reveal to everyone that if you would never want to be given the death penalty, then why should anyone else be given it?

And I have read every last little thing you have said and it, sir, FAILS. HARD.

You have yet to prove anything wrong and several others have presented sensible reasons as to your flawed argument, you are just too ignorant and close-minded to recognize yourself as wrong. To me, you come across as the five year old who argues over everything, is always wrong, but refuses to believe so and continues to argue pointlessly to your opponents. And like that five year old's parents, everyone else is ignoring you because you have lost all credibility.

Good day, sir.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_Valentine_4 View Post
Read all the other posts you guys haven't given good arguements you just say killing is wrong plain and simple you say well how can people who are in jail for life kill again well very few people get jail for life who murder others and if you didn't know America is in a lot of debt right now and we shouldn't be wasting money and no good criminals who rape and kill people so no matter what you say money is a huge deal right now and this logical conclusion of murdering those who deserve it makes perfect sense. Am I being clear enough yet?
No. You're not being clear enough. Ever heard of punctuation? Use it. You know, they recently came out with these great things called commas. I think they're wonderful. <3
__________________
URPG

PiEaNdChIpS678 (10:48:49 PM): I found one
Mikey94028 (10:49:14 PM): is that
Mikey94028 (10:49:17 PM): who I think it is
husnainisme (10:49:25 PM): wailord
Mikey94028 (10:49:29 PM): o
Mikey94028 (10:49:34 PM): I thought it was dead

Last edited by Black Hawk; 02-07-2009 at 05:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 02-07-2009, 05:15 PM
Vincent_Valentine_4's Avatar
Vincent_Valentine_4 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Federal Way,WA
Posts: 3,153
Send a message via AIM to Vincent_Valentine_4
Default Re: Death Penalty

Wow you couldn't be more right I feel so stupid now yes if I killed 2 or more people I would expect nothing less than to be killed myself but that wouldn't ever happen but yeah whatever you guys are to immature to actually read and understand this you just think oh killing is bad and god doesn't want it so we shouldn't do it ever no matter what.
__________________
Fc:1332-5847-5462
http://www.perfectworld.com.
My current Character is ItzPaine
www.myspace.com/thomashoyt I are awesome
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ostcount=19347
Brawl FC:1633-3939-2142
"Put this in your sig if religion is just used to manipulate and control people."
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 02-07-2009, 05:25 PM
Black Hawk's Avatar
Black Hawk Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bibarel?
Posts: 2,058
Default Re: Death Penalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_Valentine_4 View Post
Wow you couldn't be more right I feel so stupid now yes if I killed 2 or more people I would expect nothing less than to be killed myself but that wouldn't ever happen but yeah whatever you guys are to immature to actually read and understand this you just think oh killing is bad and god doesn't want it so we shouldn't do it ever no matter what.
You're the immature one. I don't want to start throwing insults but you're not really in a place to call us that until you learn what a comma is.

But if you killed two people, would you want to be executed? That's the base behind my question. If you would want to be executed, well then you have mental issues. It's a natural human instinct to want to stay alive, so in my opinion you're just saying what you're saying to seem self-righteous.

Come on. Give it up. You know you would want to live. So quit being a hypocrite by saying others should die.
__________________
URPG

PiEaNdChIpS678 (10:48:49 PM): I found one
Mikey94028 (10:49:14 PM): is that
Mikey94028 (10:49:17 PM): who I think it is
husnainisme (10:49:25 PM): wailord
Mikey94028 (10:49:29 PM): o
Mikey94028 (10:49:34 PM): I thought it was dead
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com