Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 01-19-2009, 09:12 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Default {RP} Affinity and Distortion

The world we know today has always had two planes of exsistance, though, we humans may think of it as life and death. No, they are the Ascended and Fallen planes. The Ascended plane is a realm where attempted homage and peace was created, the Fallen is where our world is contained.

The Ascended plane holds the Maelstrom, a broken landmass with oceans connecting them together, held up in the sky. Three factions led by three higher races created and kept the Maelstrom in order; The Gryphons of the earth, The Dragons of the air and the Leviathans of the water. There was no other faction to disturb the triangulated elements, until man started to develop emotions.

From emotions such as hate, fear, corruption, chaos, fire built is basis upon, and came to the Maelstrom causing havoc and destruction. The Gryphons were grounded and forced to take refuge either in forests far to thick to burn or even underground. The Leviathans knew nothing of Fire, and stayed clear from it. Only the Dragon's did something of it, and swallowed the flames for eternity since no other creature could handle the chaotic element and live. Still, the element grew out of control at times, so they used it offensively. Years after, the dragons became pyrokinetic, as well as their previous element, aerokinetic.

The gryphons who came out from the black ash shared aerokinetics with the dragons to ease their power responsibility, and became geokineti themselves. The leviathans that hid for so long developed a highly powered aquakinetic ability. However, having only one element under their control angered them, especially the lord of them all, Oruk.

Oruk confronted the dragons, who tried to state their case with the grypons as allies. Since the leviathans stood by all those years, they didn't attain anything from the Fire's wrath. Oruk saw the coming and the welcoming of the fourth faction anarchy to the Maelstrom, and went to an all out war with the factions of Air and Earth.

This war lasted for four centuries, and ended in total obliviation. With the leviathans declare on war and the duration of the battle, the dragons lost the pain of fire they tried so hard to fight against. All the hate, chaos and corruption left Fire, and became their own elements as they poured into the minds of Oruk and his fellow leviathans. Unlike all the living creatures in the Maelstrom, Oruk lived for much longer than any creature, even with new generations of soliders coming from all factions, and grew to abnormal sizes and power. He knew that he would not win the war in the Maelstrom where his power was weakened, and so, broke the sea from the land and sky, and destroyed the Maelstrom itself.

On the night, known as the 'Decension' everything fell from the Maelstrom, and almost all died. For another century, the Higher Races of each faction was lost, until their under races found them again. The dragons, resided in the desert, waiting for any sign of any other faction's exsistance, while the gryphons remained in the arctic and antarctic regions. The leviathans dwelled in the sea, where Oruk was discovered by a military navy squadron, and instantly destroyed by him.

He left one human alive, giving him a choice of life or death, then, upon the human's choice for life, Oruk gave the human the powers of Corruption and Chaos, knowing Hate and Fear would soon follow him. Oruk had to rebuild his strength in order to repeat his actions once more.

As the human came back in contact with people, all hell broke loose. Humans began to act in hostility, and creatures such as Lychans, Harpies, Druids and Shapeshifters all became victim to Oruk's magic. Once word spread around, the dragons moved across the seas in attempts to halt the infection from their blood enemies. Once news of the dragon's movement came to the gryphons from a falcon, they too, moved acoss the seas and land quickly to meet up with their allies.

Another century and a half passed, and now the humans are involved with the war.

As the only creature to naturally have the ability to learn pyrokinetics, and the flames abilities and actions changed depending on the flames colour, some dragons allow their power to be shared with the humans, though some prefer the abilities of a gryphon, the earth faction agreed to grant humans the ability to use their magic, and unlock the human's own. Onle by making an Affinite-pledge with the creature, and all creatures were limmited to how many humans could share magic with them. Very few could learn aquakinesis in the form of healing, not as it's intended use Oruk used it for. Oruk is now large enough to stretch halfway across the Atlantic ocean, and still grows.

The year is now 2879, the war is at an armistance, and the factions are known differently now. Oruk and his followers and victims come as the Faction of Distortion. The hopeful side is the Faction of Affinity.

Now who are you? And where do you begin?

RULES:
-What I say goes, since I've been working on this story for a very long time.
-I can appoint other RPM's to help me, but I can also take them away too.
-Regular RP and Forum rules
-You can be any bloody thing you want, but no book, game or movie references when it comes to character creation. Example, you can't be a dragon from Eragon, or use magic from that book series. You can reference it in the RP, along with anything else, just not play anything from it. Vague similarities I'll let slip, but only little ones. The only thing I'm not allowing are aliens.
-Semi-literate, all posts al least a paragraph long.
-This is a mix of higher technology and magic, so using both is allowed. Using tech from other movies/books/games isn't allowed unless the tech idea is overused, for example, teleporters and giant mechas.
-Mild romance and you are allowed to swear, just don't over do it.
-Have fun and be respecful of others.
-After reading the story AND the rules, put 'Sabi is teh Dragon Master' at the top of your post. Putting it at the top of an asked reservation counts as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OOC: You're now free to post. Your first objective[Affinite objective] is to clear Lake Huron of Leviathans, Harpies and Hydra's. Lake Huron is one of the Great Lakes in Canada. If you want to know more, Google Earth it. Anyone who is Distortion is trying to defend it.

All those of the Affinite faction will have briefly met each other after meeting at the Facility. Where it is, I'm not entirely sure yet.

Hydra's will come after I post. I'd post now, but I'm not really supposed to be on at the moment...
Old 01-20-2009, 11:15 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Default Re: {RP} Affinity and Distortion

(OOC: I came here to post, then realized I didn't know my character's name and had to go back to check the SU. ;_;)

Kiron bent over the shoddy wood desk desk, examining the piece of paper in front of him closely. The only light in the room came from a small candle by his side. But instead of the flickering light characteristic of flame, it gave a soft, steady yellow glow. Nevertheless, the light it gave was feeble, and it cast dark shadows over the spartan conditions of the log cabin.

On the paper was a table of various factors that affect the mine's productivity. Kiron studied them closely with his single golden eye. The other was covered by an eyepatch.

Stretching his wings, Kiron yawned widely. Administrative duties were so boring. He had grown up accustomed to war. First having to move from place to place and deal with the constant shudderings of distant bombs. Then to hearing news of dead relatives and friends. Then joining the SAG and having to kill himself. Finally, becoming accustomed to pain, even feeding off of it, a skill learned during his torture sessions with Zamiero. It was those sessions that was the reason why he wore an eye patch.

Kiron decided he needed to go outside to stretch his wings. Opening the log cabin's door, the first thing outside was the forest, and then, the mine. A metallic cave laced with wood, it was one of many that were the new source of supplies for the Angel civilization.

The sky suddenly darkened, and Kiron looked up. Hovering in the sky was the Angel Sky Dreadnought, Rhapsody. It was the last of its kind, a member of the class of the largest, most heavily armored and armed battleships ever created. A massive vessel, it had enough firepwoer and could hold enough troops to occupy an entire city.

Of course, now it was completely harmless. Its weapons had been scrapped, taken and recycled for the valuable metals they were made of. There was no need for such light-cannons in a time of peace and reconstruction.

Peace. Kiron wondered if his life would ever know peace. Regardless, he stretched his enormous white wings and flapped. A gust of wind blew around him, and within seconds he was airborne. Underneath him glittered the waters of Lake Michigan and the green carpet of the forests.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 01-21-2009, 12:20 AM
Chromatic Alchemist Offline

Send a message via AIM to Chromatic Alchemist

OOC: Sweet, it started!

Alexander Black
Town Hotel

Alexander checked his post office box and found some old-looking scroll poking out from all of the others. He didn't care about the other ten items that were placed within the box, shutting while staring at the scroll, not even looking to walk up the stairs. He walked up to his room, sitting down on the large bed, just starting to open the mysterious letter. A moment later, he was pacing across the room, rethinking his choices. Well, I can stay and be safe from any fights at all, he though, running over the wussy decision. Or, I can be one of the heroes and find more people like me. He sat back down and clutched his long, black hair. Well, I guess I need to fight, Alex thought again. Time to leave.

Alex gathered all of his swords, including his extra ones. Just in case, he thought. Better safe than sorry after all. He walked out of the hotel and left a tip on the counter. He then ran towards the place that would spark his place in the war...

l links l
Old 01-21-2009, 01:11 AM
Alana Marie Offline

OOC: ...My post...I guess....*sigh*

IC:

Remidra shrugged, teeth grinding silently behind pale lips in frustration. Frustrated as she may be, it was well kept, hidden behind a placid, emotionless face of stone. Only the slightest bit of contempt hung in her crystalline eyes.

“Do you wish to tempt the Queen any further to banishing you?”

“The Queen has no grounds to banish me, only that my ill-kept council men seem to always disagree with what I have to say” she stated firmly, her lips puckering in distaste, though the feeling reached nowhere else in her face.

“Maybe they have good reason to disagree?” he kept going, pushing Remidra’s thinning patience.

A somewhat hysteric and insane laugh escaped her lips, brief, in a short burst before slowly dying as her eyes hardened. “Maybe they disagree because I am nothing but a kid to them, to the ancients I am a infant, ruling over them. How would that make you feel if someone half your age had power over you? A seat that you envied?” her voice was no more then a whisper. She needed to keep quiet, or else they would draw attention to themselves. Remidra did not need that.

“Well, I guess when you put it that way… But I mean you could still cut the queen a break, I mean she is you-” A hand whipped over his mouth and he was on the ground, Remidra leaning over him.

“The past is the past. Disowning is forever. Now quite, I do not as easily fit in around humans as you do…” she removed her foot from his torso and brought his chair back to a standing position.

It was musty and tinted red, they were sitting at a back table of a human restaurant. Remidra’s partner, or rather more of a babysitter, resumed his position opposite of her. He looked to be 30 to humans, though still insanely gifted with inhuman beauty. He was not a night-elf like Remidra. He had bright blonde hair and brown eyes, and his ears were not as pointed as hers. He could fit in seamlessly.

Remidra on the other hand had black-wavy hair, startling neon blue eyes, odd features and lips. Not to mention her finger-nails were pointed and black. Or that her face was clearly not human in anyway. She bit her lower lip and ducked deeper into her hood, a shadow thrown across her features.

“No, you don’t fit in, even amongst elves” he grinned.

It was true, Remidra got a odd pair of genes. She crossed her legs and frowned, she would have much rather been back with the council discussing the matter of the intrusive, yet harmless, humans. But she needed a break from the other’s. They were wearing on her patience and at any moment she could snap and all her emotions would come pouring out of her. Then she would be crying and raging for 12 hours straight, and who wanted 20 years of bottled emotions flowing out? No one. that’s who.

OOC: Ew epic fail
Old 01-21-2009, 01:22 AM
Enkaku_Kumori Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Enkaku_Kumori

((Oh cool it's here!))

Aislinn sat in the middle of the clearing, cross-legged, her grey eyes closed. From the way of her calmness, one could infer that she was sleeping while sitting up, if that was possible. All across the clearing all of the plants and flowers and even the trees seemed in better condition that the rest of the woods. The trees were tall and straight and imeperial, the flowers bloomed brighter flowers, and the various hearbs and greenery made emeralds look dull. A nearby elm rustled its leaves, yet there was no wind. Aislinn opened her eyes immediatly afterward, revealing a pair of empty grey eyes that gave her the appearance of a lifeless corpse.

"They tell me that there is a large number of Distortion in Lake Huron." She spoke into the silence. "No doubt we will have to go there."

"That we must." A deep male voice answered her, and a magnificent gryphon stepped into view. His golden fur and feathers caught the sunlight and lit up like a glowing bronze statue. "There will be a battle there," the gryphon said matter-of-factly, "we must be there."

Aislinn smiled at her Affinite bonded. "Should we tell Vyala and Chibi? Or should we wait for them to get back?"

"No need," Valcrist said, lifting his awesome eagle head. "They're back now."

As if to prove his point, a large green dragon suddenly swooped overhead. A brief shadow fell across the clearing as the giant creature blocked out the sun's light, and then it flew of, twisting in mid-air to land in the forest. Something could be seen on its back. Moments later, Chibi leaped into the clearing like a little kid on a sugar rush, seconds later, the huge draconian head of Vyala snaked its way through the trees. The ruby eyes wre tinged slightly with amusement at the half-fox's antics.

"When're we leaving?" Chibi asked excitedly, her fox tail brushing the tips of the flowers. "We can feel it too."

"Right now." Valcrist told them, standing up. Aislinn leaped onto his back and Chibi went back onto Vyala's. Both creatures unfurled their wings and shot into the sky, following the direction towards their innded landing place.

█████░░░
█████░░░
▁▁▁▁▁▁░
C/ ▪ |▪|░✧░
██ ◡’ノ░░░
███v█░░░
███ █░░░ This comment reminds me of a puzzle...
----
Dear Edward Cullen,
You sneak into little girls' rooms and you live forever.
How original.
-Peter Pan
----
Old 01-21-2009, 01:45 AM
DimentioFan108 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to DimentioFan108

"Mail call!"

Defahn woke up instantly at the shout outside the door, coupled with the slight rapping. She nearly forgot where she was, but it all came rushing back. She had run away from the Sky Elves' mountain home to avenge her parents' deaths. It had lead nearly nowhere, so she took a rest at a small village's inn, costing her a bit of gold, but it was all she needed.

She reached under the bed for the belt-bag, sheath, and quiver she had hidden the night before. To her relief, they were still there.

You can never trust humans, Defahn thought with a scowl, remembering the odd looks the people gave her the night before. They all seemed so shocked to have an elf in their city, as though she was a monster.

She prepared to leave and continue her journey, nearly forgetting her letter. The short, mustached man at the counter reminded her, and gave her a scroll.

"I have news for you." were the only words printed on the parchment. They were written in a print that seemed as though it were marked with a claw. One name instantly rang in her mind as she read the letter: Koth. The gryphon that saved her life when she fell off the mountain, the one that gave her power over weather.

She quickly ran outside and saw the great winged beast, standing proudly. It squacked a greeting, which only she was able to translate with the bond the two had developed.

"Greetings. Now, the news I have is something that I thought would be important to your quest: The ones you seek are in Lake Huron. It's a large number, but it's only scraping the surface, so your quest will not end there, but it's a good start." He informed her, laying down to allow her to mount safely.

"Hold on." He said, taking off into the bright blue sky to their destination.

Click on the eggies and hatchies or they will die.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:20 AM

OOC: Hey, I'm changing my race to a werewolf. If that's a problem, just tell/Pm me.

Alexander Black
Forest

Alex ran, feeling the rind run through his fur as he dashed through the forest, hardly aware of anything around him. He remembered reading the book 'Twilight,' and snickered at how close they were to the truth. He saw a clearing up ahead as he shook the thoughts out of his head, and heard a babbling brook with his super senses. He stopped and changed back to human form, checking his belt to see if he had lost anything on his way. He walked to thecreek and cupped his hands for a refreshing drink. thump A sound so light, Alex wouldn't have heard it if it weren't for his bimorphous powers. He slowly stood up, and with the grace of a fox, he pulled his sword and twisted a 180. He slowly let his mouth drop as he realized that the creature before him was a magnificent beast, one he had seen long ago: a gryphon.

Why, hello, child, the creature breathed, not quite speaking, nor reaching the mind either. I see you have grown since we first met.

"Who are y- wait, what," Alex asked, suddenly feeling ill. "Y-you are my Affinite Bond?"

Yes, and I've come back to aid you for the rest of your life, it spoke. Alex was dazed, and suddenly remembered his manners, racking his brain for the right thing to say and mention.

"Your name is Kradra, right," Alex asked carefully, not meaning to offend the creature in any way.

That is correct, Kradra nodded, making Alex feel secure. You know, you are the first Bond who has remembered that.

"Well, I guess you may have realized that I am a werewolf now," Alex responded casually.

Yes, your mind has been itching to tell me, he responded more casually. Oh, great, Alex thought, Eragon has similarities, too.

Alas, I have a gift for you! The gryphon turned his feathery neck to reveal a cloud leopard the size of a cow.

"Woah, that's a big cat," Alex said, dumbfounded by the sheer size of the animal. Well that's a little mean! The thought struck him even more stupid, but he regained himself when he remembered the one thing Twilight didn't have: the ability to read ANIMAL minds.

Sorry, I didn't mean it like that, Alex explained.

Apology accepted. Now that we know each other, my name is Cleo. And you are?

Alex, nice to make your acquaintance, he thought politely.

Well, not to break things up, but we need to go, Kradra invaded. Your comrades are waiting at the lake. Shall you ride me?

Woah, that's sounds fun, Alex thought, his mind made. "Sure, let's go," He shouted as he jumped onto his friend's back, now ready for the war yet to come.

l links l
Old 01-22-2009, 04:16 PM
sir_Aaron Offline

A large figure stomped through a dark, yet peaceful forest. It wasn't hard to miss, it was almost as tall as the trees to most people. Nobody dared approach it, thinking it would rip them apart and eat them for lunch, then save the rest for dinner. But, that was entirely wrong. This was Dangrus, a massive lizard-man. Dangrus grunted, lifting his helmet which revealed his reptilian face. His green eyes scanned the area, seeing nothing in the shadows. "Hm. Nobody's out here." He muttered. "Strange. Not even the birds are singing..."
Old 01-22-2009, 11:26 PM
Draco Boy 0 Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Draco Boy 0

Rork stood up and stretched after his lunch. He doused the fire so as not to atract the attention of the animals again. Turg had been barely able to convince the animals to not attack.

"Dang, that telepathy comes in handy Turg. I'd be up to my neck in scavengers if it wasn't for you."

He pulled his sword from it's sheath and started to sharpen it. When he was satisfied that his weapon would continue to work properly, he put it away. He quickly got up, broke camp, and put on his pack. Turg let him know that he had a message by the usual mental "jab."

"I was just informed that there is a large group of Distortion forces at Lake Huron. We need to go there and deal with them." Turg said.

"Finally we have some action!"

Rork quickly ran out of the clearing he had used for a campsite. He ran as fast as he could through the trees. Once he broke through the forest, he could run at his true full speed. He quickly sped up and was soon followed by a small cloud of dust.

"This is gonna be fun Turg."

Old 01-24-2009, 07:47 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

OOC: Now, I can finally post. It's short, but better than nothing.

Rokynaeer 'Rokyn' Santos
Dragon
Lake Huron

Rokyn bit down hard on the hydra's neck, tearing the squishy flesh from it's neck. His crimson hide didn't camoflauge any blood stains, only made his scales glisten more. As the skull of the beast fell off, two more heads sprouted ghastly from the bleeding stub. If there was one thing that Rokyn hated, it was Akain Regeneration, a Hydra's blood magic.

"Where is the rest of the faction?" He growled, whipping deep gashes into his oponents chest.

The Hydra shrieked as two heads lunged for either wing. Rokyn leapt up in to the air, blasting out short bursts of fire from his maw. He rose a bit higher to see if any reinforcements were coming. His clan and the corresponding Gryphon kyn couldn't liberate one of the Great lakes themselves. Even Charms, the will-o-wisp was doing something, though, being eaten and incinerating his devourer from the inside out wasn't entirely appealing.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:19 AM
Draco Boy 0 Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Draco Boy 0

Rork
Draconian
Lake Huron

Rork ran towards the lake. He could hear the sounds of battle ahead of him. He pulled his blade from the sheath on his back and ran even faster.

"Do not lose yourself in the heat of battle this time Rork." Tutrg commented to his partner.

"Don't worry Turg, that's what your for." Rork replied.

Rork concentrated his power on his blade. He lit the blade on fire as he burst through the trees. He spotted a Hydra and immiediatly ran towards it. He managed to suprise it and cut off it's head, and because of his blade, stoping it from regenerating. He then engulfed his free hand in flame, and shot it at a Harpie flying by, instantly destoying it's wings which let him run over and decapitate it. He saw Rokyn fighting another Hydra and ran towards it. He started to blast it with more fire.

"Rork, you are using to much energy to fast. You can't keep this up."

"Once again my old friend, that's what you are for. You can help me with your strength."

Old 02-08-2009, 02:30 AM

Alex, Kradra, and Cleo all flew through the silent forest, Alex being the one who expected a giant beast to leap out at them, or something of the sort. He looked around, but saw nothing unfamiliar or wrong with the area.

"Well, where is everybody, or for that matter, anything?" Alex asked quietly, knowing his thoughts would reach the gryphon's before his words.

I don't quite know, but we aren't exactly at the lake yet, either.

"Well, I hope we get there soon," Alex sad excitedly, almost loosing his grip on the beasts feathery mane.

Well, I, on the other hand, wish to not be involved in a fight of any sort, Cleo thought. It's a bunch of nonsense, if you ask me.

"Wuss," Alex said plainly, waiting for the response.

Do NOT go there with me, young one! Have you been fighting for your WHOLE life?

"Well, sort of," Alex spoke. "I mean, men, mainly, but not monsters." He grinned and looked back at Cleo. She was rolling her eyes, and scowling at the same time.

Whatever, as I said before, I don't WANT to be in a fight, anyways.

Stop bickering, you two, Kradra thought quietly. We're here...

l links l
Old 02-08-2009, 06:28 PM
Enkaku_Kumori Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Enkaku_Kumori

"There!" Chibi suddenly shouted from Vyala's back. She thrust out her arm and pointed ahead. Aislinn squinted her eyes, she could hear distant roars, and some smudges on the horizon.

"They need help." Valcrist stated, his eagle eyes being able to see the farthest. "The Distortion's regeneration ability is dwindling their numbers." Suddenly, Vyala roared in anger, releasing a jet of hot fire into the air. The wind suddenly picked up, and Vyala and Valcrist combined their Aerokinesis, sending the two fliers rocketing towards the lake.

"Chibi," Aislinn called, "get ready."

Chibi just smirked and pulled out her Gaundao in preparation. A fireball came to life in her hand, and Aislinn began whispering to the trees.

(Bleh. Just bleh.)

█████░░░
█████░░░
▁▁▁▁▁▁░
C/ ▪ |▪|░✧░
██ ◡’ノ░░░
███v█░░░
███ █░░░ This comment reminds me of a puzzle...
----
Dear Edward Cullen,
You sneak into little girls' rooms and you live forever.
How original.
-Peter Pan
----