Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Other Pokemon Games

Other Pokemon Games Discuss all Pokemon spin-off games here, including Pokemon Ranger, Mystery Dungeon, Pinball, Colosseum, XD, Stadium, Snap, Super Smash Bros., Hey You Pikachu!, Battle Revolution and PokePark Wii.

Old 01-15-2009, 04:03 AM
theajshow Offline

Default The Original Ranger

I've been thinking about getting the original Pokémon Ranger, not to be confused with the newer Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia. I actually have the Shadows of Almia game and have enjoyed it so much, I was thinking of getting the original. However, getting the old Ranger is contigent on one thing for me. I like the Ranger Net on Almia and I think the original has it too. Can you still download missions and all that on the old Ranger Net? If so, what missions are still available? Is it worth getting?
Old 01-25-2009, 04:07 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter
Default Re: The Original Ranger

In the original, you don't download the missions, they are just sort of...there, with the exception of the Manaphy egg one--which you have to use a code for.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 01-25-2009, 06:39 AM
Starkipraggy Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Starkipraggy

Ranger is quite honestly a harder challenge than the whole of Ranger 2 bar the Capture Arena, which basically has the difficulty ramped up by making the mons harder to take down. If you're looking for a good Ranger-related challenge, buy. :P Oh my god, I hate Ranger 1's Mence... Ranger 2 is better if you want extras. Ranger 1 is good purely for the gameplay.

And Riika-chan has said everything that needs to be said for Ranger 1's Ranger Net. In the original Japanese one, you could only download the missions at events (just like event mons in the main series i.e. Diamond and Pearl), but Nintendo finally did something smart and gave us access to the missions without having to go to the events (maybe too lazy to ever organise stuff like that :P). Of course, they didn't feel like giving away Manaphy that easily, so they put in a code thing and released the code onto their website. Which various gaming sites hastily enshrined into their cheats section. :P (GameFAQs!!!)

Mons are here though

私はグレダーです--I am a Grader
Old 01-25-2009, 08:18 PM
theajshow Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riika-Chan View Post
In the original, you don't download the missions, they are just sort of...there, with the exception of the Manaphy egg one--which you have to use a code for.
Oh, so no downloading then, eh? So, what's this Manaphy egg code? How do I find that one out?
Old 01-31-2009, 03:03 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

Look online, there are tons of people ho have the code up.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net