Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 03-17-2009, 07:21 PM
Gold Rush's Avatar
Gold Rush Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: England
Posts: 2,022
Send a message via AIM to Gold Rush
Default Re: A Mod for Trivia/Games?

There is like no spam in the Trivia and Games section :/
Theres no need for more mods on a board that has got it's post count off and does not have anything bad in it .__.
__________________

[URPG] [VPP] [Knights of the Round Table] [ASB]

“For ten years I chased Suicune, and I finally got to see it. I'm all choked up!”
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-17-2009, 09:30 PM
Kayden Javlaíakín's Avatar
Kayden Javlaíakín Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Joplin, MO, USA
Posts: 1,519
Default Re: A Mod for Trivia/Games?

I hardly see a point in assigning a moderator to that board, though, since Post Count is turned off. Spam exists, yes, but since the posts aren't really being counted, it allows for a lax in quality. I don't particularly agree with pointless games such as Counting threads and whatnot, but so long as post count is turned off there, and it's not putting strain on the server, what's the point?

Besides, Ryan only promotes users to moderator status when he feels it necessary, which he currently clearly doesn't.
__________________

yeah yeah yeah

Last edited by Kayden Javlaíakín; 03-17-2009 at 09:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-18-2009, 01:27 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng's Avatar
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: What's a "location"?
Posts: 4,065
Default Re: A Mod for Trivia/Games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanflame View Post
I was wondering. Why don't you just leave it alone? I don't really see a problem there. Just leave the thing to G-Mods, and everything will be just fine.

Just wondering.

-Volcan-
True, but you can't bame me for being concerned with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombi View Post
Why exactly do we need one? I never see many truly terrible threads or posts in there. o.O
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Adam- View Post
There is like no spam in the Trivia and Games section :/
Theres no need for more mods on a board that has got it's post count off and does not have anything bad in it .__.
I said there were other reasons as well.

Do I really have to show them again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayden Javlaíakín View Post
I hardly see a point in assigning a moderator to that board, though, since Post Count is turned off. Spam exists, yes, but since the posts aren't really being counted, it allows for a lax in quality. I don't particularly agree with pointless games such as Counting threads and whatnot, but so long as post count is turned off there, and it's not putting strain on the server, what's the point?
A lax in quality even in spam, huh?

For the rest of my reply to you: Read above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayden Javlaíakín View Post
Besides, Ryan only promotes users to moderator status when he feels it necessary, which he currently clearly doesn't.
Point taken. I can do nothing if the admin disagrees with me.
__________________
What's a "signature"?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-20-2009, 05:40 PM
Volcanflame's Avatar
Volcanflame Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Palembang, Indonesia
Posts: 4,596
Send a message via AIM to Volcanflame Send a message via MSN to Volcanflame Send a message via Yahoo to Volcanflame
Default Re: A Mod for Trivia/Games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arate View Post
I have to say, pretty much everyone who's against this, are people who hadly ever, or never plays forum games.

And really, the rules for the Trivia/Games section is a joke. (LINK for lazy forum game-haters.)

And the spam level there is almost the same as every other board. (Not counting CP's.)

People create pointless games and creates copies of alredy created games, but nothing gets locked, except the "lolspam"-threads. :/
Just because you're irritated because someone copied your game?

Well, if you guys are really concerned about the amount of spams/pointless topics/etc, just use the report button. Some guy would come eventually to solve the problem. Easy.

-Volcan-
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-20-2009, 06:23 PM
Elite luxray's Avatar
Elite luxray Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ok, first, you take a right...
Posts: 307
Default Re: A Mod for Trivia/Games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanflame View Post
Just because you're irritated because someone copied your game?

Well, if you guys are really concerned about the amount of spams/pointless topics/etc, just use the report button. Some guy would come eventually to solve the problem. Easy.

-Volcan-
Rrg, i did not copy! i gave credit to arate for making the murderer, the game i based mine off of. It is different, i listed some major differences on the thread, if you don't believe me.
__________________

Platinum: 3352 1501 1529
Diamond: Up as soon as i get my diamond back. X3
Mah Linkz
.:::My URPG stats:::.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-20-2009, 07:18 PM
Elite luxray's Avatar
Elite luxray Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ok, first, you take a right...
Posts: 307
Default Re: A Mod for Trivia/Games?

You see that if someone posts a game that is already posted, another member or a mod will find it and direct them to the other game, that was created before that. I think that this is not a huge deal, and that moderators are trying their best to keep spam and all that stuff down. They realize that this is not a huge problem, so i think we should just go on with what is happening already?
__________________

Platinum: 3352 1501 1529
Diamond: Up as soon as i get my diamond back. X3
Mah Linkz
.:::My URPG stats:::.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-21-2009, 12:01 AM
animated_monkey's Avatar
animated_monkey Offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: My Tree
Posts: 532
Default Re: A Mod for Trivia/Games?

we need at least one mod for that area. a may still be kinda ne hear, but thats not true. i looked at this plce like two years ago, saw a few places without moderators, thought the place had a lack of athority, then left. you see, a moderator isn't there just to keep spam and stuff down, there ARE other reasons.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-21-2009, 12:27 AM
Volcanflame's Avatar
Volcanflame Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Palembang, Indonesia
Posts: 4,596
Send a message via AIM to Volcanflame Send a message via MSN to Volcanflame Send a message via Yahoo to Volcanflame
Default Re: A Mod for Trivia/Games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arate View Post


No, that wasn't my point: EL is right. :O

But seriusely, if that's your argument, then why have mods at all? Just press the button, and everything will be okay? Don't think so. :/
If there are no mods at all, why bother using the report button as there are no one to response except the admin? ._.

-Volcan-
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-21-2009, 12:38 AM
Elite luxray's Avatar
Elite luxray Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ok, first, you take a right...
Posts: 307
Default Re: A Mod for Trivia/Games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanflame View Post
If there are no mods at all, why bother using the report button as there are no one to response except the admin? ._.

-Volcan-
It will go to a moderator, even IF there are no moderators assigned to that particular section.
__________________

Platinum: 3352 1501 1529
Diamond: Up as soon as i get my diamond back. X3
Mah Linkz
.:::My URPG stats:::.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-21-2009, 01:14 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng's Avatar
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: What's a "location"?
Posts: 4,065
Default Re: A Mod for Trivia/Games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arate View Post
I have to say, pretty much everyone who's against this, are people who hadly ever, or never plays forum games.

And really, the rules for the Trivia/Games section is a joke. (LINK for lazy forum game-haters.)

And the spam level there is almost the same as every other board. (Not counting CP's.)

People create pointless games and creates copies of alredy created games, but nothing gets locked, except the "lolspam"-threads. :/
Quoted for truth.

Totally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanflame View Post
Just because you're irritated because someone copied your game?

Well, if you guys are really concerned about the amount of spams/pointless topics/etc, just use the report button. Some guy would come eventually to solve the problem. Easy.

-Volcan-
Eventually. But how long do we have to wait?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanflame View Post
If there are no mods at all, why bother using the report button as there are no one to response except the admin? ._.

-Volcan-
If there're no mods, then since the admin doesn't come on often, then he'll be seriously overworked. Mods exist for a reason: To help him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite luxray View Post
It will go to a moderator, even IF there are no moderators assigned to that particular section.
We know, a G-Mod.
__________________
What's a "signature"?
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-21-2009, 04:46 PM
Volcanflame's Avatar
Volcanflame Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Palembang, Indonesia
Posts: 4,596
Send a message via AIM to Volcanflame Send a message via MSN to Volcanflame Send a message via Yahoo to Volcanflame
Default Re: A Mod for Trivia/Games?

Quote:
It will go to a moderator, even IF there are no moderators assigned to that particular section.
In my understanding, Arate was saying that if there are no mods at all. No Moderators, no G-Moderators.

Quote:
Eventually. But how long do we have to wait?
Be patient. It won't hurt.

Quote:
If there're no mods, then since the admin doesn't come on often, then he'll be seriously overworked. Mods exist for a reason: To help him.
It wasn't me who suggested the idea. Blame Arate.

Trivia section is not really a vital part of the forums, since there are no real discussions in there. Therefore, a new Moderator isn't really necessary.

-Volcan-
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-21-2009, 05:24 PM
Neo Emolga's Avatar
Neo Emolga Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Reading your mind
Posts: 21,704
Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: A Mod for Trivia/Games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arate View Post
I have to say, pretty much everyone who's against this, are people who hadly ever, or never plays forum games.

And really, the rules for the Trivia/Games section is a joke. (LINK for lazy forum game-haters.)

And the spam level there is almost the same as every other board. (Not counting CP's.)

People create pointless games and creates copies of alredy created games, but nothing gets locked, except the "lolspam"-threads. :/
If you really think its necessary, I could jump in and change those rules, because yes, I agree they're kind of limited. Some rule regarding game theft really should be in there.

Still though, I don't think its worth having another mod just for that section, especially when posts there don't even count. I think I can attempt to address most of these issues myself, and I think having an updated rule thread would greatly help. Still, like mentioned before, the Trivia/Games board is probably one of the least important sections of the entire forum. Considering how many other things are granted just by becoming a mod of that single section, I don't think the situation warrants it.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-21-2009, 07:00 PM
Mitsuzo-kun's Avatar
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: England
Posts: 5,228
Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun
Default Re: A Mod for Trivia/Games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
and I think having an updated rule thread would greatly help.
To be honest, hardly anybody reads the rules of important sections where they actually have a discussion, so I honestly doubt anybody reads the rules of the games section. Still, if it's in there then at least you can say "but you should know about <insert bad thing they did wrong> because it's in the rules". I'm not sure what my opinion on the moderator situation is. It's not like there's any required skill for playing in the trivia/games section, so the moderator would basically be a spam cleaner, nothing more. Then again, you could put someone there who you would want to have on the moderating team because of their maturity/ideas/intelligence/whatever but you couldn't put them anywhere else because everywhere else is covered, pretty much. Hmm.
__________________
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-22-2009, 02:39 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng's Avatar
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: What's a "location"?
Posts: 4,065
Default Re: A Mod for Trivia/Games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanflame View Post
Trivia section is not really a vital part of the forums, since there are no real discussions in there. Therefore, a new Moderator isn't really necessary.
Only because the rules for the games don't state so. If the rules include discussion, you'd be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
If you really think its necessary, I could jump in and change those rules, because yes, I agree they're kind of limited. Some rule regarding game theft really should be in there.

Still though, I don't think its worth having another mod just for that section, especially when posts there don't even count. I think I can attempt to address most of these issues myself, and I think having an updated rule thread would greatly help. Still, like mentioned before, the Trivia/Games board is probably one of the least important sections of the entire forum. Considering how many other things are granted just by becoming a mod of that single section, I don't think the situation warrants it.
Just game theft? :O

Just giving existing mods more power would suffice in my opinion.

And a board is a board; that you can't deny. However unimportant, a board has to be treat as such. And chances are G-Mods like you would be tied up in many other places (the more important boards)...
__________________
What's a "signature"?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-22-2009, 07:08 AM
Jack of Clovers's Avatar
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: the world of fantasy...
Posts: 10,388
Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers
Default Re: A Mod for Trivia/Games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arate View Post
And really, the rules for the Trivia/Games section is a joke. (LINK for lazy forum game-haters.)
hmmm, I can't seem to find the punchline.

The only way we know a section needs help is if you, the members, use the report button. I do check every report recieved and have no problem addressing situations. Doing a quick check, I don't see any games/trivia that need to be closed, save for one.

~Jack~
__________________
Thanks PE2K for all the memories.

-| Links |-

Last edited by Jack of Clovers; 03-22-2009 at 07:11 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com