Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-13-2009, 08:24 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng's Avatar
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: What's a "location"?
Posts: 4,065
Lightbulb A Mod for Trivia/Games?

Having seen much happen recently in the Trivia/Games board, I suggest that there be at least a moderator for it. (And no, I don't think I'm good enough. Yet, at least.) G-Mods have much more on their hands than to have to deal with another board, so they don't have as much time to delete spam threads and posts, or lock unwanted threads. And there have been many threads that apparently should be stickied, but are not. Instead, I see a sticky thread that has not been posted in for months. Right now, only G-Mods can do any of that for that board. Having another mod for it would help.

Oh, and if this suggestion is unacceptable, please lock this thread lest there be flaming. Thanks.
__________________
What's a "signature"?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-13-2009, 08:50 AM
Jack of Clovers's Avatar
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: the world of fantasy...
Posts: 10,388
Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers
Default Re: A Mod for Trivia/Games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
G-Mods have much more on their hands than to have to deal with another board, so they don't have as much time to delete spam threads and posts, or lock unwanted threads. And there have been many threads that apparently should be stickied, but are not. Instead, I see a sticky thread that has not been posted in for months.
All boards are our responsibility, specifically in any board without regular Moderators. That's why we're G-mods! So please, send us messages and feedback. We enjoy that.

Mods will be created on an 'as needed' basis. We'll keep your suggestion open. Which threads did you think need to be stickied?

~Jack~
__________________
Thanks PE2K for all the memories.

-| Links |-
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-01-2009, 04:06 PM
animated_monkey's Avatar
animated_monkey Offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: My Tree
Posts: 532
Default Re: A Mod for Trivia/Games?

maybe the count to infinite should be stickied.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-01-2009, 04:11 PM
-PK's Avatar
-PK Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 7)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Your pants!
Posts: 7,662
Default Re: A Mod for Trivia/Games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
(And no, I don't think I'm good enough. Yet, at least.)
That made me lol because of how it'll never happen.

Imo, there doesn't need to be anything stickied. All the games die out eventually, so it would just take up space. o:
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-01-2009, 06:17 PM
Juusu Offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 28
Default Re: A Mod for Trivia/Games?

I know I have only been here for maybe a half hour but I do not believe that G-Mods are enough for a board like the Trivia boards. Those tend to be flooded with spam and posts that break the rules. There should be at least one moderator there. But hey, I am a newbie and I don't know enough about this forum to have a true opinion. Just trying to help. At least. :x
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-01-2009, 09:39 PM
Seawolf's Avatar
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Illium
Posts: 10,894
Send a message via AIM to Seawolf
Default Re: A Mod for Trivia/Games?

That doesn't seem necessary to me.

If there's something we do need, it's active art moderators.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-01-2009, 10:01 PM
Teo's Avatar
Teo Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,943
Send a message via AIM to Teo Send a message via MSN to Teo
Default Re: A Mod for Trivia/Games?

Doesn't the Trivia / Games Section have post count turned off? xD!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-02-2009, 10:29 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng's Avatar
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: What's a "location"?
Posts: 4,065
Default Re: A Mod for Trivia/Games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teo View Post
Doesn't the Trivia / Games Section have post count turned off? xD!
Yes, but if people spam there it can still irritate others a lot.
__________________
What's a "signature"?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-02-2009, 11:02 AM
-Pichu Boy-'s Avatar
-Pichu Boy- Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The land of tea and fish 'n' chips
Posts: 3,959
Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-
Default Re: A Mod for Trivia/Games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
That doesn't seem necessary to me.

If there's something we do need, it's active art moderators.
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ad.php?t=93492

Someone brought it up ^^;

And about all the spam... I don't see much spam. I see people who don't understand games to begin with being called spammers, but no-one going 'LOLSPAM' or anything that could be considered 'spam'.

And yeah, post count is turned off, so it's not a huge deal. :x
__________________
URPG | ASB
MK + Trainer17 = Evil twins | MK + Leo = BFFs
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-25-2009, 09:34 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng's Avatar
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: What's a "location"?
Posts: 4,065
Default Re: A Mod for Trivia/Games?

Spam wasn't the only reason. Or the main one. Why do people assume it is so? D:

The main reason was because the least pointless games/trivia should be stickied, the most pointless locked, and sticky threads that are eligible for revival and revived only because they are sticky threads should be unstickied, and threads that are in the wrong part of the board (or the forum, in any case) should be moved.

So really, it's mainly about threads in the board. And G-Mods are pretty tied up with far more important parts of the board, so... yeah. :X
__________________
What's a "signature"?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-25-2009, 05:07 PM
White_Rabbit's Avatar
White_Rabbit Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Never Never Wonderland!
Posts: 334
Send a message via AIM to White_Rabbit
Default Re: A Mod for Trivia/Games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
Spam wasn't the only reason. Or the main one. Why do people assume it is so? D:

The main reason was because the least pointless games/trivia should be stickied, the most pointless locked, and sticky threads that are eligible for revival and revived only because they are sticky threads should be unstickied, and threads that are in the wrong part of the board (or the forum, in any case) should be moved.

So really, it's mainly about threads in the board. And G-Mods are pretty tied up with far more important parts of the board, so... yeah. :X
i was thinking that murderer game should be stickied.....and i'm in agreeance with pikabeng.


the mod thing should be considered.
__________________
thats right little girl, follow the little white bunny...
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-17-2009, 03:22 PM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng's Avatar
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: What's a "location"?
Posts: 4,065
Default Re: A Mod for Trivia/Games?

I was wondering. Apparently the fact that the posts don't go towards your post count seems to be intertwined with the fact that there is no mod there... If we fix one, chances are we can fix the other. :P

Just wondering.
__________________
What's a "signature"?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-17-2009, 04:35 PM
Volcanflame's Avatar
Volcanflame Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Palembang, Indonesia
Posts: 4,596
Send a message via AIM to Volcanflame Send a message via MSN to Volcanflame Send a message via Yahoo to Volcanflame
Default Re: A Mod for Trivia/Games?

I was wondering. Why don't you just leave it alone? I don't really see a problem there. Just leave the thing to G-Mods, and everything will be just fine.

Just wondering.

-Volcan-
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-17-2009, 04:50 PM
Rekhyt's Avatar
Rekhyt Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,315
Default Re: A Mod for Trivia/Games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teo View Post
Doesn't the Trivia / Games Section have post count turned off? xD!
As much as I disagree with the idea that the Trivia / Games Section needs a new mod, I fail to see how posts not counting towards post count justifies a lack of one?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-17-2009, 06:02 PM
Tombi's Avatar
Tombi Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Blighty.
Posts: 10,337
Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi
Default Re: A Mod for Trivia/Games?

Why exactly do we need one? I never see many truly terrible threads or posts in there. o.O
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com