Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 01-12-2009, 02:50 AM
Guard13007 Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Guard13007
Default Re: Journey from the Valley

OOC: OMG! Bladestrike is becoming like Stormblade, everyone wants to help him a lot. *smiles* This is fun. ^^

Rockpaw the Espeon &
Sideswipe the Umbreon

“I don’t want to stay here alone!” Bladestrike told Yuri in a burst of panic, “I’ll go with the others if I can... But will we be able to rest a lot? I don’t think I can walk very far unless I had time to rest…”

“Don’t worry Bladestrike.” Sideswipe said, “We’re all gonna stay together and several of us can’t go too far without resting either.” she lifted her broken leg slightly to show what she meant.

“Yeah!” Rockpaw suddenly shouted, then slightly quieter said, “And I can’t go that far either… Without rest I mean…”
Old 01-12-2009, 02:58 AM
Scytherwolf Offline

Bladestrike felt relieved that others agreed with him-they would need to rest to keep going. As the dragonair landed beside him, he started slightly, but calmed down a little at her words.

"Don't worry," she told him, "all of us will protect you if there is danger. Just try to trust us. You should stay here and rest anyway, you will hurt yourself if you try to move too much."

Bladestrike relaxed, glad to know that there were those here who were ready and willing to help him. "Ok," he replied. His voice still shook, but most of the fear was gone. Turning his head to the side a little he started licking a part of one of his injured wings-if anything it would distract him a bit from the pain. He was begining to feel safe around these other pokemon now.

Nightfang looked up at Yuri in surprise. "Oh...what scythers eat?" she repeated. "Well, berries won't hurt them but they're actually carnivores," she explained. "There doesn't look to be much prey around here, however," she added sadly.

Bladestrike had stopped licking his wound and lay still-his head had started to hurt too much. Nightfang glanced at him from where she stood, asking Yuri, "Uh...how is Bladestrike? Is he doing better?"

Thanks to Lunar Latias for the banner and Kirimori for the picture!

-My Links-
Old 01-12-2009, 03:08 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Thunderclaw watched with concern at Bladestrike's reaction. He approached cautiously, and found in surprise that Brokenstar, despite her injury severely weakening her, had fallen in step beside him. Stopping in front of Bladestrike a few ways off, Thunderclaw sat down, while Brokenstar examined the scyther carefully, before she spoke up.

"Young one, my clan shall not harm you. Scythers are noble creatures that we have great respect for. My name is Brokenstar, and I am the leader." Her voice was soft and surprisingly, a bit motherly. She peered closer. "You remind me of one of my kits..." She trailed off as memories flooded the old absol, Thunderclaw blinking in surprise. She had kits?
Old 01-12-2009, 03:18 AM
Scytherwolf Offline

Bladestrike looked up at the absol in surprise, no longer finding her threatening at the sound of her voice. He felt rather surprised that the absol thought of him as a noble creature, and glad that the clan was not going to harm him. When she told him about her kit, he wondered what that kit had been like.

Pressing the tips of his blades into the ground, Bladestrike lifted himself up a bit, but immediately had to lie back down. "Have you met other scythers before?" he asked the leader, curious. He then noticed the absol's injuries. "Are you hurt too?" he asked, giving her a worried look. He glanced down at his own leg, which was still bleeding a little.

-My Links-
Old 01-12-2009, 03:28 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Brokenstar gingerly laid down, nodding. "Indeed, I have. I fought one, before I became deputy, and later, leader." She stopped, collecting the memory before continuing. "Yes. He was very powerful, and I was foolish. He was quick, too fast for me to track. His scythes were incredibly sharp-I ended up with a lot of slashes. In fact, during that fight my own scythe was broken, resulting in my name." Thunderclaw was listening intently-he had never known this about his aging leader. "Injured? We all are, I'm afraid...The slash across my face is not nearly as painful as the one on my shoulder. I suppose, however, you are in worse condition than me."

(Aww...Touching ^^)
Old 01-12-2009, 03:28 AM
Guard13007 Offline

Rockpaw the Espeon &
Sideswipe the Umbreon

One of the absol’s came over along with the raichu/absol, and for a split second, Sideswipe got scared before thinking that she was with friends here and they wouldn’t hurt her. The absol began speaking.

“Young one, my clan shall not harm you. Scyther’s are noble creatures that we have great respect for. My name is Brokenstar, and I am the leader.’ her voice was soft and surprisingly, a bit motherly. She peered closer, “You remind me of one of my kits…” she trailed off, seeming like she was lost in memories.

Sideswipe felt her curiosity get the better of her and before she could stop herself, she had asked, “What happened to them?”

Rockpaw piped up again suddenly, “Yeah! Where are they?” he wanted to play around right now suddenly as he fell back into being like a little pup again…
Old 01-12-2009, 03:33 AM
Scytherwolf Offline

"Was he a good scyther?" Bladestrike asked, confused at why the scyther would hurt her if he was. If he was a bad scyther, Bladestrike thought, he never wanted to be like him, other than training enough to be powerful and strong one day. He looked down at the ground for a moment, then back at the absol.

"I think so..." he told her in a weak voice in response to her other comment. "Maybe...it hurts to move my wings but if I keep them still the pain isn't as bad. My leg hurts too, but nothing seems to help that. The worst wound is this one though..." he explained, gently touching the tip of his scythe to the bandage on his head. "It won't stop hurting, but I guess it'll take a long time before it gets better. I wish I could remember things though...I'm really confused..."

-My Links-
Old 01-12-2009, 03:43 AM
Guard13007 Offline

Rockpaw the Espeon &
Sideswipe the Umbreon

Brokenstar gingerly laid down, nodding to Bladestrike, “Indeed, I have. I fought one, before I became deputy, and later, leader.” She stopped, collecting the memory before continuing, “Yes. He was very powerful, and I was foolish. He was quick, too fast for me to track. His scythes were incredibly sharp-I ended up with a lot of slashes. In fact, during that fight my own scythe was broken, resulting in my name.”

Thunderclaw spoke up then, “Injured? We all are, I'm afraid... The slash across my face is not nearly as painful as the one on my shoulder. I suppose, however, you are in worse condition than me.”

"Was he a good scyther?" Bladestrike asked after Brokenstar finished her story, confused at why the scyther would hurt her if he was. If he was a bad scyther, Bladestrike thought, he never wanted to be like him, other than training enough to be powerful and strong one day. He looked down at the ground for a moment, then back at the absol.

“I think so…” Bladestrike responded in a weak voice to Thunderclaw, “Maybe... It hurts to move my wings but if I keep them still the pain isn't as bad. My leg hurts too, but nothing seems to help that. The worst wound is this one though…” he explained, gently touching the tip of his scythe to the bandage on his head, “It won't stop hurting, but I guess it’ll take a long time before it gets better. I wish I could remember things though... I'm really confused…”

“Don’t worry, Bladestrike.” Sideswipe said quietly and gently, “You’ll get better.”

“When are we gonna go?” Rockpaw suddenly piped up again…
Old 01-12-2009, 07:36 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

(OOC: Holy cow, that's a lot to catch up on. ^^'
Oh, and just for general knowledge, I can't remember who said it, but they are far from any forest.
They've found a rocky shelter near the base of the mountains surrounding the valley, which is in the middle of a wasteland. Thank Scy for that added bonus. XD)

IC:

Listening to the other Pokemon talk about leaving brought up a lot of questions. Poppy tried to be hopeful, but she could not help still feeling sad as she waited for the throbbing in her back to subside. Torin, who was already making what he could with Yuri's berries, only caught small bits of the conversation. He knew that he was going to have to make everything stretch, especially since Thunderclaw's clan and two more valley Pokemon had arrived.

While everyone had busied themselves, Chip decided to speak up. "I know that it's dangerous here, but everyone should at least see to as many wounds as they can before we leave. Won't do us any good to be a day's walk from here and have someone get into trouble because they are hurt." He thought a moment then continued. "It's probably a good idea for us to know where we're going before everyone travels."

Poppy muttered unhappily from where she lay on her stomach, "I don't know why everyone's in a hurry, that Arcanine got what he wanted didn't he? He wanted the valley, and now he's there...in our home." She shut her eyes tightly, trying to keep from crying again.

Chip stroked a paw on one of her ears. "It'll be alright sis. Everyone's worried he might send Pokemon to make sure we stay away, or even fin-" The Furret stopped immediately. He had been going to say, "or even finish the job they started," but caught himself before making things worse.

"What else could they possibly do to us!?" she cried. Her brother looked at her startled and Torin stopped what he was doing, now fully interested. "They've torn apart families, hurt so many, and run us out of our home! What's worse than that?"

Torin was once again playing with his necklace of shells absentmindedly. "Giving up would be a lot worse." The shiny Pikachu looked his friend in the eye, "I'm not giving up. They took away my grandmother, but I know that my parents made it out somewhere and I won't quit until I find them." His dark eyes shone with determination, a spark could be seen in his expression that made Poppy believe what he said. She laid her head down on her paws, thinking quietly to herself.

“When are we gonna go?” Rockpaw said.

Chip sighed at the Espeon's question, not really wanting to leave any more than his sister did. "I suppose we're leaving tomorrow." He looked at Kairyu, she had said something about carrying Pokemon, but he was certain neither he nor Torin would agree to that, he was not sure about Poppy or any of the others. Thinking a moment, he asked, "Could you be our eyes? Tomorrow morning, since you can fly, maybe you could take a look ahead a little before we leave."

Torin listened for a moment, staring at the ground before he got to work. The salve he made with the Rawst berry was for Bladestrike's burn and he hoped for the strange wound on the Dragonair's neck. He had also crushed the Oran and Lum berries, using small bits of both with the herbs he collected earlier. Most of the Oran berry was mixed with the dry herbs to heal all the minor cuts everyone seemed to have, while the Lum berry was added to the rest for the larger injuries, like Bladestrike's head and the Absol leader's side (he had not caught her name). Because those injuries were so bad, he was especially worried about infection. The Scyther and Absol were near each other as he walked up. Torin approached Bladestrike carefully, talking the way he heard his dad speak to Pokemon who were scared. "I don't know if you heard before, but my name is Torin. My dad taught me how to take care of bad cuts and this will help your head feel a lot better. Is that okay?"

While Torin tried to help the Scyther, Chip trotted off a short distance to find something to use as a splint for Thunderclaw, Sideswipe and Rockpaw. He quickly found a few straight branches that must have blown down the side of the mountain, but finding something to bind them with would be harder. Poppy watched the young Absol drinking at the spring happily. She loved young Pokemon and would have liked to join them, but her back was still sore, and she was sad. Almost everyone there needed help of some kind, Torin's healing salves had to be applied, Yuri was making her own medicines, and they still had to get some rest. This was going to be a long night.

Last edited by k_pop; 01-12-2009 at 07:39 AM.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:22 AM
Scytherwolf Offline

((Dragonair, if your character is going to end up flying ahead to see what's beyond the wasteland, can you PM me or something? I know what the next place is and why the wasteland pokémon felt trapped and steered clear of it. >=3 It's not for a while as the wasteland is really big, but I wanna make sure^^))

"Look, Poppy," Nightfang sighed sadly. "We don't know if anyone from the army is going to come, but we must leave-we can't take that chance, and even if they never came...we can't live out here. There's barely enough food for one pokémon to stay alive let alone all of us! One day though, we'll find a new place to live...and maybe...maybe we can think of something or find someone who can convince Firestorm to leave our home."

It seemed impossible, she realized, as the only thing Firestorm would listen to was probably a bigger army. She sighed, but pushed the thought away. There had to be hope...she wasn't about to believe that getting their home back was impossible. "Somehow..." she whispered quietly, "maybe we'll find a way."

The mightyena nodded as Chip answered Rockpaw's question. "Tomorrow," she told him. "We won't be able to survive out here long. She watched Torin going to help Bladestrike and allowed herself to smile slightly. It was touching to see all these pokémon-most of them complete strangers to one another, be so eager to help each other. In this group, she felt they had a very decent chance of survival.

Bladestrike looked up at the shiny pikachu in surprise, his blue eyes momentarily retaining the look of fear he had shown earlier, but relief from some of the pain sounded good, and the pikachu sounded very kind, so he nodded slowly and lay still.

-My Links-
Old 01-12-2009, 11:33 AM
my-little-starr Offline

"What else could they possibly do to us!?" Poppy cried. Chip looked at her startled and Torin stopped what he was doing, now fully interested. "They've torn apart families, hurt so many, and run us out of our home! What's worse than that?" she continued.

Yuri looked down at the berries she had sorted into the different types. Poppy was right. That army had torn apart many families, injured and even killed some, it looked like that was the worst they could do.

"I sure hope I have enough berries." Yuri sighed as she looked at the same bundle of berries. Yuri looked toward Bladestrike was and saw Torin offer to give some of the salve he made. Yuri couldn't help but smile. Bladestrike was making many great friends.

"Tomorrow," she heard Nightfang tell Rockpaw."We won't be able to survive out here long." she added. Yuri sighed as she began to mix some of the berries together. A mix of Oran, Chesto and Cheri berries was an old remedy her mother used on horrible cuts and gashes, and she hoped this would help Rockpaw and Nightfang. It was then she noticed one problem.

"Hey Torin! Can you come here a sec!?" Yuri shouted over to him.

Last edited by my-little-starr; 01-12-2009 at 10:24 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:26 PM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Brokenstar nodded. "He was not evil-I just foolishly challenged him to a fight. It was not a wise choice, but he did not kill me. I am forever thankful to him." The old absol gazed at Rockpaw and Sideswipe. "My kit? Well..." A deep look of grief flashed on her face, and Thunderclaw felt horrible for her. "My kit was named Sunkit, for he always had a sunny disposition about things. He was always spunky, yet brave. One day he snuck out of the camp..." She sighed, shaking her head. "I chased after his scent. I found him...But not before Bloodclaw, leader of a zangoose gang, had. He had attacked my kit!" The leader growled, scratching the dirt with her claws. "I attacked the ruthless creature, but he escaped. I took Sunkit back to camp...He had large gashes all over his tiny body. Our Healer Yellowfang tried to help him...But..." She didn't finish the sentence, instead lowering her voice to a soft whisper. "The last words he said to me...were, 'I love you momma. Please be strong without me'".

Thunderclaw stared as Brokenstar gazed at the ground, pain shining in her eyes. "What...What happened to Bloodclaw?" Brokenstar looked up.

"That traitor joined up with Firestorm! I finally got revenge when I crushed his neck, but not after he had scratched me across my face. I then went to negotiate with Firestorm himself." Thunderclaw blinked. She...She confronted Firestorm? How? When? Where?

(Oooh...Suspense!)
Old 01-13-2009, 01:34 AM
Guard13007 Offline

Rockpaw the Espeon &
Sideswipe the Umbreon

“That traitor joined up with Firestorm! I finally got revenge when I crushed his neck, but not after he had scratched me across my face. I then went to negotiate with Firestorm himself.”

“I’m sorry.” Sideswipe muttered half to herself, she was sorry she brought it up and sorry that Brokenstar’s kit had died…

“Oh…” Rockpaw said, then he laid down, yawning. After a few seconds, the espeon said, “I’m gonna go to sleep now, okay?”

“Goodnight, Rockpaw.” Sideswipe said gently as Rockpaw curled up, wincing slightly as he touched the ground with his injured leg. “I guess we should all get some sleep if we’re to go tomorrow…” she laid down as well to sleep.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:11 AM
Scytherwolf Offline

Bladestrike looked up at Brokenstar as she answered his question about the scyther. It was good to hear that another of his kind was so strong, even though he was so weak. When she talked about her kit, however, he looked horrified. "He died?" he asked, shocked. Answering his own question in his mind, he lay his head down by Brokenstar's paw. "I'm sorry he died..." he said softly. He realized just after he said this that he was probably just making things worse, and kept quiet.

Nightfang had been too far away to hear what Brokenstar had said. "We should all get some rest!" she announced to the others, seeing the sun setting slowly in the distance. "Everyone find a place to sleep and those who are healers, help the injured." She smiled at Rockpaw and Sideswipe as both eevee evolutions layed down to sleep.

Bladestrike wasn't sure he'd be able to sleep. His wounds hurt too much. He decided that he would at least try, for he felt completely exhauste, but in a little while-once everyone else began going to sleep.

-My Links-
Old 01-13-2009, 02:19 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Brokenstar looked grateful. "I appreciate the grief. I feel it will not be long before I join my son in the stars above." She stiffly got up, limping over to lay beside Bladestrike, careful of his wounds as she pressed herself against him to provide warmth. "It will get colder, and I feel you will need warmth. Rest, young one...For the true test begins tomorrow." Thunderclaw got up, trotting over to Nightfang.

"...Brokenstar...She said she faced Firestorm...She never told any of us that. We should probably ask her about the encounter tomorrow. Whatever information she has, she will be willing to provide." He mewed softly, worried. Does Brokenstar really think she is going to die?