Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 11-07-2009, 02:42 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron
Default Re: Journey from the Valley

Aggranium raised an eyebrow-or as close to one as he could-and scratched his head. "You okay, Bladestrike? You seem to be worried." The pokemon looked at Dusknoir, but didn't seem to be even slightly nervous, radiating a calmness that only Aggranium could manage. "Naw, that guy ain't gonna hurt any of us. I can tell. Even if he tried, I would just give 'em the good ol' one-two punch, and WHAM! Problem solved!" The big pokemon chuckled, having mocked fist jabbing in accordance to his words. He was in a very good mood, which sleeping often did for him.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:05 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

When Sparkey yelled for everyone to wake up, Poppy remained where she was. Though, both she and her brother enjoyed the morning, they were quite used to such raucous, and early, awakenings by Torin. The small Furret did not even open her eyes. From where her head rested on Chip’s back, she could feel it rising and falling with the steady rhythm of her brother’s breathing. For the moment, she chose to listen to the other Pokemon as they got moving.

Laying close by Aggranium, Jarre was roused when the big Pokemon started moving around. The little fire-bird gave a wide yawn, rubbing sleep from his eye with a wing. He glanced around the cave at the other Pokemon waking. The Charmeleon still sleeping in the entrance did not escape his notice. He saw that Zanna was waking from where she lay beside Yuri. The other Pikachu was already talking to her Leafeon friend. Jarre started towards them as Zanna stretched her paws out in front of her, trying to wake herself up. Rye was still sitting against the cavern wall, but as he walked by, Jarre could tell that the Elekid was awake and alert, despite feigning a doze.

“Good morning, Zanna,” Jarre said cheerily.

Still a half-asleep, the Pikachu rubbed her eyes. “Morning.” She stopped rubbing her eyes long enough to glance around. Her voice sounded a little groggy. “There’s more Pokemon here.”

Jarre also looked around and nodded. “Uh huh. They came last night after most of you were asleep. I was still outside with Aggranium.”

Zanna nodded, even though she only half understood what the Torchic said. She looked next to her. “Do you feel any better, Yuri?” She was wide awake and unsure she would get a reply after what happened next.

“Well, well, what have we here?”

Rye was on his feet in a moment as the deep voice echoed through the cavern. He watched the big ghost through narrowed eyes, but Jarre, on the other hand, could see that Dusknoir was not threatening them, and Sparkey seemed to know him.

“All you ever expect is trouble from every Pokemon,” he said quietly.

Rye glanced at him from the corner of his eye. “And you’re no exception,” he hissed in reply.

Zanna jumped between the two. “Both of you calm down,” she said, before turning to see what Nightfang had to say.

The Mightyena’s reply was less than pleasant. This seemed to insult Dusknoir, who moved to block the cave entrance. Poppy had been watching the strange Pokemon since he entered. She felt Chip sigh beneath her at Nightfang’s response.

Once Dusknoir was settled in the entrance, he asked, "Now, are you going to be civil, or shall I find another Pokemon to speak with?"

Chip sighed again. “She can be civil, you just startled her.” The Furret lifted his head to look at the bigger Pokemon, bowing his head as much as he could from where he lay. “Nightfang can talk to you, just please give her a minute to recover.” He smiled a little. “You did kind of appear out of nowhere.”

Her head still settled on the bigger Furret’s back, Poppy smiled. Chip always knew what to say. Next to them, Torin was just starting to stir. The loud wake-up had not brought him out of his exhausted sleep.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:43 AM
my-little-starr Offline

“Yeah, Yuri, don't worry about us, worry about yourself.” Sideswipe's reply drifted over to the Pikachu's ears.

Yuri giggled softly. It was nice, at times, being around so many other pokemon. It was never like that in the forest she lived. Most of them didn't spend a lot of time together. They talked whenever it was necessary and ignored each other the rest of the time. The Pikachu hardly noticed when Zanna awoke next to her.

“Do you feel any better, Yuri?”

Yuri turned her head toward the other Pikachu and smiled.
“Yep! I feel as good as new!” She tried to stand on uneasy legs and stumbled slightly before regaining her balance. She smiled sheepishly at Isla and Zanna, trying not to fall back down.

“You don't look as good as new.” The Leafeon snorted, but humor could be heard in her voice. She turned her head toward the Furret sibling and the shiny Pikachu who were only a few feet away from them. Chip and Poppy were already awake and it appeared as if Torin was beginning to stir as well.

“Torin will be up soon.” Isla told the Pikachu, looking toward Nightfang as she spoke with the Dusknoir who appeared. For once, the Leafeon felt that she could believe the pokemon meant no harm. “You should make sure he checks you over before we leave.”

“I'm fine. I'm a healer too, ya know.” Yuri muttered bitterly, angry at the fact she had let herself become sick. “But I'll be sure to talk to him.”
Old 11-11-2009, 09:22 PM
Guard13007 Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Guard13007

OOC: Leave it to Scy to try to ruin a nice encounter... XD

And leave it to Kris and Chip to make it better. =D

IC:

Rockpaw the Espeon &
Sideswipe the Umbreon

"Tired..." the small scyther answered Sideswipe, looking worriedly at the the dusknoir that had just walked in and those around it.

"Didn't get much sleep?" Sideswipe asked cheerily, then turned her gaze back to the rest of everyone. She would've stretched more and been ready in case there was a battle, but the umbreon was sure that a battle wasn't going to break out. And even if one did, there were so many more of them than the one stranger.

OOC: Ugh, I suck... u.u
Old 11-11-2009, 10:16 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

By now, most of the Pokemon sleeping within the cave had awoken. Snowsong watched with little interest as the tightly knit group checked up on each other. How long had it been since someone had last shown her such care and compasion? To be in a pack . . .

There was a sudden ruckus at the mouth of the cave, and the Glaceon turned her head to see a new Pokemon on the scene. It was gray and yellow, with a single eye ball glancing around the cave at the others. Something was off about it, but perhaps that was because it as a ghost type.

A Dusknior, Snowsong recalled the creature's name.

Nightfang, this pack's leader, came up to the ghost to confront it. Snowsong perked her ears forward to catch the converstation, curious to see how the alpha would react.

"I'm their leader!" growled the Mightyena in a threatening tone. "And we were just going to leave..."

"Harumph!" the Dusknior sounded angrey. "I have every right to kick each and every one of you against the wall for such, but I haven't, now have I? I would suggest treating me with more respect; I will not speak with an impudent leader, and you will not leave until my questions are answered. Now, are you going to be civil, or shall I find another Pokemon to speak with?"

One of the other Pokemon within the cave stepped forward, a male Furret, and spoke up, “She can be civil, you just startled her. Nightfang can talk to you, just please give her a minute to recover. You did kind of appear out of nowhere.”

"Well," Snowsong spoke up, adding her opinion. "Why should she? What makes you think that you can kick us out? You're vastly outnumbered. You're not exactly in any postition to boss us around, mister Dusknior."

OOC: Wow, she's nice, ain't she? She's going to mess up a nice encounter, too.

Old 11-13-2009, 06:59 AM
Scytherwolf Offline

((Sorry if I missed anything, but I know I needed to reply! XD))

"You okay, Bladestrike? You seem to be worried."

Bladestrike looked up at Aggranium and back at Dusknoir.

"Naw, that guy ain't gonna hurt any of us," Aggranium reassured him. "I can tell. Even if he tried, I would just give 'em the good ol' one-two punch, and WHAM! Problem solved!"

"You sure?" Bladestrike cried, ducking behind the larger pokemon. His head still throbbed after banging it against Aggranium's leg by accident, and he still couldn't be sure that he wouldn't get hurt before Aggranium could stop the pokemon...

"Harumph! Is that any tone to use when you trespassed on MY property?" the Dusknoir yelled. "I have every right to kick each and every one of you against the wall for such, but I haven't, now have I? I would suggest treating me with more respect; I will not speak with an impudent leader, and you will not leave until my questions are answered." He moved slowly until he was blocking the entranceway. "Now, are you going to be civil, or shall I find another Pokemon to speak with?"

Nightfang paused, reading the reply as a threat, but Chip's voice made her stop. Relieved that someone had at least stood up for her, she held her ground, calmer now, but still wary, waiting to see what the big pokemon had to say.

"Well," the glaceon newcomer spoke up. "Why should she? What makes you think that you can kick us out? You're vastly outnumbered. You're not exactly in any postition to boss us around, mister Dusknior."

Nightfang glanced in her direction, the faintest traces of a smile on her muzzle. Next to Aggranium, Bladestrike shuddered fearfully. "They won't start fighting, will they?" he whimpered, hoping that the furret could explain or that the dusknoir wouldn't be angry...

"Didn't get much sleep?" Sideswipe asked, looking down at the small scyther.

She shook her head. "No..." she replied. She thought to herself for a moment, then looked up. "What's going to happen to me when the rest of you leave?"

Thanks to Lunar Latias for the banner and Kirimori for the picture!

-My Links-
Old 11-13-2009, 09:38 AM
Dr Robotnik Offline

"Hmph! I remember when Pokemon respected their elders, no matter the type or species; if this is what the world is coming to, I might be tempted to come out of retirement," said Dusknoir, the shadows of the cave darkening ominously "I might be old, but I'm not blind; I see the injured of your group, and I see that most of you are too exhausted to fight me, even if you haven't heard of me before."

"I only want an explanation as to why you are in my home," He said, quieter "You claim to be surprised, how do you think I feel, leaving for a short holiday to find my home filled to the brim with Pokemon who I not only don't know, but who may be hostile?"
Old 11-14-2009, 05:37 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Rye narrowed his eyes at the Glaceon’s remark. “She may be putting up a bold front, but that’s not a smart choice of words,” he said quietly. Zanna asked what he meant. She had her paw on the Elekid’s arm, and though he looked calm, she could feel that he was still tense. “That Dusknoir is well aware of his position. He is much stronger than he looks.”

"You claim to be surprised, how do you think I feel, leaving for a short holiday to find my home filled to the brim with Pokemon who I not only don't know, but who may be hostile?"

Chip sighed. That was not the reaction he wanted. Dusknoir so far had shown no hostility. He knew that everyone was on edge in the strange territory, but that was all the more reason to remain calm. Before he could say anything, Poppy stood up from where she was laying next to him.

“He’s right,” she nearly snapped to the Glaceon, “that’s not fair! He hasn’t threatened us, so we have no right to be angry at him. Remember why we’re here in the first place. If we try to fight him out of his own home then we-” Poppy stopped short and glanced at the ground. She had been going to say, ‘then we’re no better than the ones who did it to us,’ but decided that would be the wrong choice of words. Nothing could be worse than what they did...Right?

Watching his sister, Chip had an idea what she had meant to say. Sitting up, he turned back to Dusknoir. “I’m sorry. We’ve been traveling hard the last couple of days and we only saw a safe place to rest for the night.” The Furret glanced at Nightfang, almost asking the Mightyena if she was going to explain.

Torin was finally starting to wake. He was still curled up as he glanced around through half-open eyes. As he became more aware of his surroundings, Poppy began explaining the situation to him so that he was not surprised. He mumbled something to her about not even worrying about it, he’d have enough to do in a moment.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:34 PM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Aggranium chuckled slightly, nodding. "I'm sure, Bladestrike. And if they do start fighting..." His voice contained a slight warning, "I have Sleep Powder to knock them out." His voice, although light, contained the smallest hint of threat, meaning he was dead serious this time. "I ain't about to let anyone else here get hurt. Everyone's already too injured as it is." His amber eyes turned to the Glaceon. "As for you..." He sighed. "We're in his home. He has every right to know what's going on. He's more than a match for us, and everyone here is tired of fighting. No more of that talk from you, y'hear?"
Old 11-17-2009, 07:35 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

OOC: Oh, Snowsong. Why do you have to get everyone upset?

Snowsong had not expected to get the reaction she earned from the other Pokemon.

The cave visibly darkened at the Dusknior's reply. "Hmph! I remember when Pokemon respected their elders, no matter the type or species; if this is what the world is coming to, I might be tempted to come out of retirement. I might be old, but I'm not blind; I see the injured of your group, and I see that most of you are too exhausted to fight me, even if you haven't heard of me before."

In a quieter tone, he continued, "I only want an explanation as to why you are in my home. You claim to be surprised, how do you think I feel, leaving for a short holiday to find my home filled to the brim with Pokemon who I not only don't know, but who may be hostile?"

Snowsong's right ear slightly flickered as she felt eyes drawn to her. Still, she kept her head held high and chin slightly raised, with her eyes fixed on the Dusknior. She hadn't really cared where this conversation would go, but her pride was a bit pricked at his words. Was he suggesting that she was weak? Yes, the others might be, but she could still put up a good fight.

The female Furret suddenly stood up and turned to the Glaceon, her voice controlled. “He’s right. That’s not fair! He hasn’t threatened us, so we have no right to be angry at him. Remember why we’re here in the first place. If we try to fight him out of his own home then we-”

The furret suddenly stopped herself, seeming unable to finish her sentance. Snowsong couldn't help but feel curious as to what she had meant to say. Then what? She didn't seem to want to continue, so her other Furret friend turned and apologized to the Dusknior. Hmph, Snowsong flattened her ears against her head. How do we even now that this is his home? For all they knew, this ghost could be lying to them.

"We're in his home. He has every right to know what's going on," the hybrid Meganium spoke up, turning his gaze to the Glaceon. Her tail twitched as she face him with the intensity of her own stare, but the creature went on. "He's more than a match for us, and everyone here is tired of fighting. No more of that talk from you, y'hear?"

Who are you to boss me around? She felt like retorting, but wisely kept her mouth shut. Suddenly, she remembered exactly why she never enjoyed being in a pack. She could see where this was all going. They were going to believe this stranger's story and allow him in, whatever she might have to say.

"I'm sorry," Snowsong replied stiffly, standing back up on all fours. "It wasn't my place to speak."

She left the front of the cave to trot over to the pool of water, where she took a long drink. Inside, she was still upset. Why should these Pokemon believe the Dusknior? How could they know for sure that this was his home? What if it was just some trap? Of all Pokemon, Ghost should be trusted least of all. They had stranger powers, often used for ill, or so she had been told. Trust. Pah! You can't trust anyone if you want to survive!

And yet...

Snowsong paused and lifted her head away from the water, allowing the ripples to fade away. They had trusted her; they had allowed her to come into the cave last night.

"Remember why we’re here in the first place. If we try to fight him out of his own home then we-” she recalled the furret saying. Now Snowsong understood what she had been trying to say. If we fight this Dusknior out of his own home, then we're no better than the arcainine's armies. Suddenly, the Glaceon felt miserable inside. What had she become?

Old 11-19-2009, 10:10 AM
Scytherwolf Offline

((Sorry it's short-I have a major time limit. Just wanted to post something really quick!))

Nightfang paused a moment-Dusknoir was right-there were too many injured pokemon in the group for it to be worth it to risk a fight. She looked at the ghost type warily and merely muttered, "whatever. Let us go out and we'll leave. We won't be coming back here." She stepped forward, still eyeing him with a bit of suspicion.

"I'm sure, Bladestrike," Aggranium replied, "And if they do start fighting...I have Sleep Powder to knock them out."

Bladestrike glanced from Nightfang to Dusknoir and slowly replied, "okay..." he was worried that the big pokemon would continue to argue and not let them leave. Looking around the cave, he watched and listened to the other pokemon.

"I'm sorry," the glaceon was saying. "It wasn't my place to speak."

He noticed soon after that a sad look had come into the eevee evolution's eyes. Curious, and feeling much safer with Aggranium watching over him, he crept closer to Snowsong.

"What's wrong?" he whispered quietly, so as not to distract the others so much. He wasn't very sure what was going on or what had upset the glaceon, but he wanted to find out, and he felt much safer knowing that a sad pokemon wasn't likely to want to attack him...

Thanks to Lunar Latias for the banner and Kirimori for the picture!

-My Links-
Old 11-21-2009, 01:46 AM
Dr Robotnik Offline

"I would, but you have yet to tell me what I want to know," Dusknoir said, obviously not planning on moving any time soon by his stance "I asked you why you are in my home. I told you I would not let you leave until you decided to tell me; that is precisely what I intend to do. Now, elaborate; start from the beginning, and don't skip any details."
Old 12-08-2009, 03:59 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

"What's wrong?" a voice suddenly whispered.

Even though it was softely spoken, Snowsong jumped in suprise. In a flash, the entire surface of the pool of water solidified at her tiny gasp. The Glaceon recoiled from it, realizing that in her startled state, she had lost a little control. She froze the water.

I'm sure giving them a lot of reasons to like me, aren't I? she frowned, feeling embarresed at her carelessness. But... who had spoken to her? Turning her white-furred head, she saw a two-legged creature who stared back at her cautiously. It's fore-limbs were curved into long, bright scythes, whereas two, insect-like wings were folded against its back. Finally, she recognized it to be Scyther from last night, the same one who had amnesia.

For a moment, she was a bit annoyed with the creature for scaring her like that. But she cooled her temper and relaxed a bit. She needed to act like a better Pokemon to these individuals, and show a little more gratitude. For starters, she certainly needed to act... nicer. Well, it was worth a try.

"Don't worry about me," she offered a half-hearted smile. "Nothing's wrong, but thanks for asking."

Close to the entrance, Embyr started to stir. She was still immersed in a dream, but it was entering the feverish state that occurs when one is slowly waking. But it was the same dreams that had been haunting the Charmeleon since the day she escaped the valley. Always, it repeated the fateful events that had torn her family apart. Shuddering, she audibly moaned, "Pyro... No, Pyro... Don't go... Don't leave me..."

Snowsong glanced in the fire-type's direction, a worried frown planting itself in her expression. Now that it was daylight, she could better see the Charmeleon's state. She was covered in cuts and bruises, and her tail still flickered low. The Glaceon could see that it was stronger than last night, but probably not near as vibrant as it should be. She needed help, and probably soon. But who would help her? Curiously, the Glaceon looked around the Pokemon in the cave, wondering if any of them happened to be a healer.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:02 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

“I would, but you have yet to tell me what I want to know.” The Dusknoir acted insulted. “I asked you why you are in my home. I told you I would not let you leave until you decided to tell me; that is precisely what I intend to do. Now, elaborate; start from the beginning, and don’t skip and details.”

Torin was just checking on Chip. The shiny Pikachu wanted to make sure his friend’s wound was healing now. Satisfied that the infection was disappearing and pleased that the Furret felt better, Torin turned to the Dusknoir. He was slightly irritated that Nightfang was not taking the chance given to her by Chip and was trying to make sure his voice would not reflect that.

“You want to know what happened to us? I’ll tell you.” He took a deep breath, “Some crazy Arcanine decided that he wanted to take over our valley. He charged over the mountain early in the morning, none of us were expecting it, and there was an army of Pokemon at his heals. They tore our home apart. Anyone who could not escape was killed.” He paused a moment, thinking of his parents who were still missing and his grandmother he was unable to bury. “Everyone here was able to get out. Some of us never met before, but we stuck together because we all share something in common. We ran, trying to find a place to recover, or hopefully…find Pokemon who are missing.” The Charmeleon laying just inside the cave entrance had not escaped his notice and the condition she was in made him worry. Also, Zanna had come up to him, mentioning that Yuri had fallen sick with a fever. “I’m sorry you came back to find us all here, but we really only stopped to tend to the injured, which I intend to finish, so if you’ll excuse me.” He went over to his pile of supplies, searching through everything.

Chip listened to Torin give a quick explanation to Dusknoir. He smiled slightly as habit made the Pikachu immediately go to work. The Furret looked up at Dusknoir. “He’s right. We were driven from our home and spent two days crossing the wasteland before coming here. This cavern just seemed like a safe place to rest before moving on.”

Nodding in agreement, Poppy stood up next to her brother. “The swamp isn’t a good place for all of us. I’m really sorry we just showed up here. The last few days have been…hard.” The small Furret looked at the ground as she thought about all her trouble which nearly drove her from Chip.

While Chip and Poppy continued talking, Torin began sorting through things. There were still plenty of berries and other plant bits that he collected the day before. The pile of yache berries was no longer frozen, but still cool to the touch, and there were plenty left over for Yellowfang to use. Jarre joined him and Zanna, asking if he could do anything to help. The shiny Pikachu nodded.

“Yeah, can you make sure that Charmeleon over there is warm? Her flame looks really low.”

Jarre nodded. “You should have seen it last night. There was almost nothing left of it, I had to give a little kick to it with Ember.”

Torin gave him a half-smile. “Smart thinking.” While Jarre ran over to Embyr, Torin picked up a couple of berries and turned to the smaller Pikachu. “While I go check on Yuri, here’s a yache and pecha berry. Ask Chip to eat these until I can make something stronger for the infection.” With a nod, Zanna took the blue and pink berries. Torin decided to see what was wrong with Yuri before deciding what to use. He ran over to her. “Yuri, are you alright? I hear you were a bit warm last night,” he said with a light smile.

Meanwhile, Jarre walked up to Embyr, startled slightly when she began talking in her sleep. He shook his head. “Don’t know what happened to you, friend.” He got close enough to rest a wing against her back. The Charmeleon was much too cool to touch for a fire-type. “I can’t do anything about wounds, but I can warm you up.” He took a deep breath before sending a Fire Spin to circle the fallen Pokemon. The attack circled Embyr in a low ring rather than the column normally meant to trap an enemy. “There, that should help for now.”

(OOC: Thanks for that Char. Can't believe I did that. ^^')

Last edited by k_pop; 12-10-2009 at 01:04 AM.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:06 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

OOC: I think you meant Nightfang, not Nightshade. That cool heracross isn't in this story. ^^' (And Jarre's so sweet...)

Last edited by Charmander009; 12-09-2009 at 07:09 PM.