Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:59 PM
Pokol DaErran Offline

Default Shades of Malice~Not your father's dragon RP![SU]

ANCIENT TIMES

In the old times, dragons ran the world. Territories lived cowering in fear of the mighty dragon overlord a few cliffs away, who would occasionally pop down and eat a few humans just for fun. In an attempt to prevent the dragon's raid, they offered up anything they had of value, only to watch it disappear into the bottomless pit of the dragon's greed just as their friends had disappeared into the bottomless pit of the dragon's stomach.

Eventually, though, dragons began to realize that humans were more than the livestock they had been taken for, and the vast majority decided to peacefully coexist with humans, lending a helping hand sometimes.

Ironically, that was when they came.

The knights, gilded in shining armor and wielding their iron weapons, their swords and spears and even their fists, forged from hate for the dragon overlords that had controlled humans for so long, stormed upon the caves and castles. The dragons originally thought nothing of this, but they soon realized they had underestimated humanity once again; one by one, the dragons fell before the knight's martial mastery.

Realizing the dire threat to their continued existience the humans now posed, dragons took as much food as they could find and retreated underground.

2010 AD

Finally having run out of food for their population, the dragons retreated from their secure cabins and prepared to beg the humans for mercy.

In typical dragon fashion of underestimating humans, they had somehow thought the world's technology would be exactly as they had left it.
WRONG!
As the dragons crawled out of the tunnels where they had laid in fear for so long, they could only stand in shock at what humanity had done in their free time. Of course, this gave humans plenty of time to reach any dragons in their area and do what they would. And once the humans were face to face with the beautiful, graceful, and strong creatures, they knew there was only one thing to do.

Yup, humans enslaved them.

2050 AD

Dragons run much of the world-but not of their own free will. Electricity is generated by dragons forced to run on treadmills, roads are built by dragons carrying vats of cement, and the precious metals of the world are mined by dragons toiling in the deadly caves. All are controlled by a human leader or dragon toady, their Overmind. The Overmind has no need to deploy physical violence; using a telepathic link, it can simply force the dragons to do as they wish. Humans have it easy, living a life of luxury while dragon slaves build the backbone of their life.

The leaders keep in power by whipping the dragons until they die, then asorbing the creature's soul into a creature using strange metaphysical means. They then implant the crystal in their own body, stealing the dragon's power for themselves. And so they control the mindless masses just as enslaved as the dragons are, but by anti-dragon propaganda and a false sense of supremacy.

However, the world is not all like this. In 2010, when dragons were first discovered, Barack Obama and his United States of America offered the winged lizards a safe haven. Around 2030, a resistance appeared in the States, referred to as the Draconic Will of Freedom, or usually just the Dragon's Will. The other countries amassed an army, known as the Continental Force, to strike them down in case they mobilized. And so the two sides stayed in a tense cold war...

However, another power group came up: the Mauraders. This band of pirates seemed to be disappointed with the lack of violence, and occupied its time with military raids against the slave continents, and their advocates in the States. They appear determined to make an enemy of everyone except themselves, and the true reason behind their forming remains mysterious...

Of course, business as usual goes on after this. Just not for long.
(By the way, I left this history intentionally empty of leaders in case someone wants to fill in the blanks)
As long as that's over with, let's go on to...

THE SIGNUPS

Name:

Species: (Human, Dragon(Enslaved) or Dragon(Free). Enslaved and free dragons have different access to guilds, but are otherwise the same. If you wish to change whether you are enslaved or free, you must make five posts, during which you take appropriate action in-character to change your standing. This will also make you unaligned automatically, unless you are a Maurader. You can still become unaligned through this process if you are a Maurader, but you must declare that you wish to do so as well)

Appearance:(Picture or at least six lines)

History:(At least six lines)

Personality:(At least five lines)

Skill:(Your character's special ability. Keep them reasonable or you will not be accepted. Also, certain skills can keep you from taking certain guilds (for example, if your skill is controlling dragons, you can't be a Maurader or join the Dragon's Will).

Guild:(See below)

RP Example: (First character only)

You can have up to three characters.

GUILDS

A guild is what organization your character chooses to align theirself with. This can allow the character access to guild resources, but it also causes NPCs to stereotype them in a certain way. If your guild displeases you, you can act to sever all ties with it, although this takes time. Once you declare that you want to do this (preferably in OOC) you become unaligned in five posts. If you are unaligned and wish to join a guild, you can also do so in five posts.

THE CONTINENTAL FORCE
The Continental Force is the standby army created by the slave nations to counter any rebellion on the part of dragonkind. Anyone allied with this will get a great reception from guilds based in said nations, but the Dragon's Will is cautious around you and Mauraders attack on sight. You cannot join this guild if you are a free dragon.

THE OVERMIND
The Overmind's agents telepathically control the workforce of the slave nations. It's their job to keep the dragons working til they die from exhaustion, and if the overmind is skilled, a little bit longer. Reaction is the same as the Continental Force. Free dragons can't join this guild, and you can only join if your skill is to control dragons.

THE DRAGON'S WILL
The Dragon's Will is a standby resistance force in the USA. Although it was made to fight, that's the Maurader's job; the Dragon's Will is, for now, a force of peace. They have no wish to break the unsteady alliance with the slave continents, and will defend them as well as their people. Most people in the States love you, the Continental Force and Overmind is cautions around you, and the Mauraders tolerate you, although they look down on you for not trying to end this whole affair their way. You can't join this guild if you are an enslaved dragon.

THE MAURADERS
The Mauraders live to fight. They belive that the best way to end the slave thing going on is by violence and revolution. Their goal is to cripple the slave countries and incite the dragons to revolt; they don't care about all the innocent lives that the Continental Force is likely to take, dismissing such things as said guild's fault, but try to protect the commoners themselves (or get them to revolt, if possible).
Basically, the Mauraders are a force of chaos; whether that will be good or bad remains to be seen. Being a Maurader is tough; everyone but the Workforce in the slave contients will attack you on sight, and the Dragon's Will is distant at best. On the other hand, you inspire hope in those of the Workforce whose sprits have not been crushed yet, which is something at least. As long as your skill isn't to control dragons, you can join; the Mauraders aren't picky.

THE WORKFORCE
The Workforce is made up of the dragons enslaved by the Overmind. Most of the member's spirits are broken, but a few wish to escape. This obviously isn't the best guild for a dragon to start in, since a history of slavery can simply go in, well, history. If someone DOES join it, you can expect to be hated by everyone but the Dragon's Will and the Mauraders. The Dragon's Will pities all in the Workforce but doesn't act in its favor; the Mauraders are similar, but if you tell a member you want to escape, you're pretty much guarenteed to instantly be treated as a valuable ally.

And I think that's it...

MY SU (EXAMPLE/ACTUAL CHARACTER)

Name: Pokol Da'Erran

Species: Human

Appearance:

History: Pokol knows no life but life on the run. He was born on a slave contient, and was rushed to the States at the age of seven after his mother staged an assasination attempt on the Continental Force's leader. Afterwards, he had to constantly travel the States to avoid the Force's thugs, until they managed to capture his father at thirteen. He then split up from his mother and traveled until he found a Maurader base, which recognized his potential and eagerly took him in. He spent a year there before he decided to go on a "trip" with the Mauraders. Seeing the enslaved dragons in person changed his life forever; when he came back, he was determined to fight for their freedom and became an official member of the Mauraders. (The RP picks up right after that).

Personality: Being a wanderer, Pokol is accumstomed to always moving, and hates things that try to slow him down. He loves dancing (especially breakdancing) and always has a fun idea (even if it's not neccesarily a good one). However, he's also a very violent person when one of his ideals is threatened, which is why the Mauraders like him so much. Pokol enjoys puns, and tends to joke in the middle of battle. Although he seems to prefer not to kill people, he really doesn't mind that much as long as he has what he considers a good reason.

Skill: Pokol is an excellent breakdancer, and has actually developed an extremely efficient fighting style based on the dance.

Guild: Mauraders

RP Example: Do I really need this? If I do, read this thread. (I want this to be a serious RP, unlike that one, but I put that as my example because it was the largest collection of me at my best I could find. XD).

TEH RULES
1. No bunnying. Enough said.
2. I am the MASTA of this RP, and I make all decisions on who gets to post in my RP.
3. Don't get godmodded. It's not fair for the other people.
4. PLEASE use proper grammar, if it's at all possible.
5. I can change the rules whenever I wish. If you don't like them, PM me about them or leave.
6. Have fun or something.

So, if you like it, go ahead and post an SU so we can get this thing started. :P

ACCEPTED
Pokol Da'Erran ~ Pokol DaErran
Seth Drake ~ Draco Boy 0
Zalleia/Bloodwing ~ Mistress Meg

PATENT PENDING
sir_Aaron ~ Dularanth
FireBrawl Latios

BANNED
~, and let's keep it that way.

Last edited by Pokol DaErran; 01-14-2009 at 10:26 PM. Reason: I can't believe I left out the rules XD
Old 01-07-2009, 10:21 PM
Draco Boy 0 Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Draco Boy 0
Default Re: Shades of Malice~Not your father's dragon RP![SU]

Name: Seth Drake (codename: Flameblade)

Speices: Human

Appearance: http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d.../warrior-1.jpg (minus the cape and shoulder spikes)

History: Seth is the son of a Dragon's Will scientist. As such he decided to help dragons at a young age. At first he was content with just inventing with his father. But when his uncle started to teach him how to fight, he realized that it would be better for him to be a soldier. He is skilled in many fighting styles and with many weapons. But his favorite weapons are his assualt rifle and a sword he invented with his father. The sword can either become engulfed in flames or throw a "flaming sword slice." As soon as he turned 18 he joined the Dragon's Will. He quickly rose in their ranks and is now one of their best operatives. He has led four missions into a slave labor site. Three of them failed completely. The one that succeeded came at a heavy price. While they were succesful in freeing the dragons that were mining there, 178 of the 230 soldiers that went in died. This caused Seth to completely revise his tactics and even give up his command. He now operates under the direct command of his uncle, the head of the Shadow Ops. Division. Being as the nature of his work is secret, he doesn't "officially" exist in any military files other than as a part-time inventor.

Personality: He is instilled with a sense of justice. He is also extremely stubborn and will persue his goals without fail. He will also always help anyone who needs help (especially any dragons). His goal is to free all the dragons that are enslaved. He is determined to destroy all of the dragon labor camps no matter the cost. He is a feirce fighter but is also a caring person off the battlefield. He lost 2 of his closest friends, as well as his girlfriend, in his "successful" assualt of the dragon slave mine. Because of this he tries to stay emotionally "unattatched" from soldiers.

Skill: Seth is a soldier by trade but he is also an inventor. He is also a very good tracker and assasin.

Guild: Dragon's Will

RP Sample:http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...=92294&page=10 (last post on page)

Last edited by Draco Boy 0; 01-08-2009 at 02:54 AM.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:44 AM
Pokol DaErran Offline

Accepted! You obviously put a lot of thought into this; I'll be glad to have you in the RP. (Although I would like to see some more lines in History and Personality, if you have the time. If you don't, no sweat.)
By the way, I know it seems like all of the things this guy can do are a little unbalanced compared with Pokol's skill, but when I said that his fighting style was "extremely efficient" I wasn't kidding. Think kicking through walls. Made out of steel.
Oh yeah, and when I said "this thread" I meant to hyperlink that, but I forgot to XD

Old 01-08-2009, 02:53 AM
Draco Boy 0 Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Draco Boy 0

Now I think that his skills will make sense.

Old 01-08-2009, 05:19 PM
Pokol DaErran Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco Boy 0 View Post
Now I think that his skills will make sense.
Agreed. By the standards I want, he was pretty underpowered when I think about it :P

Old 01-08-2009, 08:20 PM
5TailedDemonLizard Offline

Name: Zalleia (Name that the humans call her: Bloodwing)

Species: Enslaved dragon

Appearance: http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare...red_dragon.jpg

History: Zalliea was born in the Himalayas, along with her three brothers and four sisters. When they were ten, Zalliea and her family flew to the USA and lived there for a while. Zalleia's parents brought her and her siblings things that the humans had given them to stop them from eating them. Zalliea lived a good life, until 2010. Zalliea was enslaved, along with some of the first dragons. She tried to fight the humans off, but she could not, and she was enslaved into the army to fight against her own kin. She has killed many dragons, and she has hated it. Every day, she wishes to be free, but she knows that will never happen. Zalliea's siblings and parents have all been killed.

Personality: Zalliea likes to think things through. She is very quiet and will not voice her opinion unless it is needed. She loaths the humans, but cannot fight back at them, for they have hurt her too much. Although she can be quiet, she is fierce in battle, maneuvering quickly and striking fast and strong. This is how she earned the name Bloodwing.

Skill: Zalliea can use her spines and wings to maneuver quickly through the sky, and this being so, she is an awesome flier.

Guild: THE CONTINENTAL FORCE

RP Example: http://thekairoregion.proboards106.c...95&page=3#1813

GCeA Blue|GCeA Silver

"Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

^Please click my eggs^

Click here for my other links!

Old 01-10-2009, 06:39 PM
Pokol DaErran Offline

Accepted! I'm seeing some great stuff here :D

Old 01-10-2009, 07:19 PM
sir_Aaron Offline

WOO DRAGUNZ.

Name: Dularanth

Species: Free Dragon

Appearance: Dularanth

History:
Born on a jungle-like island near Costa Rica, Dularanth was born into this world alone. Although, unlike most who go into a sorrowful state when born alone, thinking nobody wanted them, Dularanth didn't give a rat's ass. He grew up on that island, taking care of himself by feeding on whatever he stumbled upon. And WHOever he stumbled upon. Through all those years, he saw no other dragons, up close anyways. Occasionally, a dragon would fly over the island and head towards the mass of land called the USA. Dularanth always wanted to go there, to see what was so great about it. Was it filled with riches of all kinds? Food galore? Maybe some parts of his family...? All of those happy days changed in 2010. He was caught and enslaved against his will, beaten and kicked around. He fought against his own kin, slaying them down, more in pain than they were. And, little did he know it, in one of those battles, he fought a relative. He knew it was a relative, which is why when he killed him, he went insane. He just snapped, brain-go-boom. He suddenly turned and went all out on the enslaved dragons and humans. He let lose all of his rage before flying up into the sky and escaping into the blood red sky...

Personality:

Skill: Although not the fastest of Dragons, Dularanth is very strategic, he uses his mass to his advantage.

Guild: Marauders

RP Example: Ugh, I hate these. I'll try and find one.

Before I go any further, we can be any type of dragon? Or just the basic appearance(European Dragons)?

Last edited by sir_Aaron; 01-11-2009 at 04:03 PM.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:22 AM
Pokol DaErran Offline

Any type of dragon is good with me. :P

Old 01-11-2009, 11:22 AM
FireBrawl Latios Offline
Elite Trainer

Reserve me

Name: Quartzecoatl (people who find it hard to pronounce her real name called her Butterfly-Face)

Species: Free dragon

Appearance: Quartzelcoatl is only 1.5 metres long, which is small by dragon standards. She has a serpentine body, the green scales are hidden by lavender pink fur. Quartzelcoatl has a pair of black antelope horns of medium length. If one looks closely at the horns, one can see small pieces of glittering rubies, which are coveted by humans for the legend behind them. She also has the long furry ears of a rabbit, and the snout and whiskers of a dog. Quartzelcoatl has four red almond shaped eyes, located corner to corner in a way such that they form a cross, or a butterfly shape on her face (hence the nickname she hated: Butterfly-Face). Her whip-like tail is split into two. She is famous for flying and hovering in an S-shape by heating air around her, similar to how snakes slither and raise their heads. Hates to coil her body, except when sleeping, which she locks herself in a frozen chunk of ice as a defense.(Picture or at least six lines)

History: Her kind has been hunted for the unique precious stones on their bodies, and as such, do not trust humans by instinct.(At least six lines)

Personality: Quartzelcoatl is a loner who trusts only a handful of creatures. She may pick her friends very carefully, but she truly gives life-long companionship to them. She will fight to the death if what she loves is threatened. Quartzelcoatl will also fight if she doesn't think something is fair to everyone. (At least five lines)

Skill: She has the ability to control the temperature of almost anything. The range is -74 to 116 degrees Celsius, anything outside the range cannot be controlled. Needless to say, she has a high tolerance for sudden temperature changes.

Guild: Maurader

RP Example: I am at my best at third person, but if you insist on first person, I shall try to spin one out of thin air.(First character only)

燒死了。讓我安息吧。

請勿觸摸,因為骨灰偶爾會動。

一旦有機會,一定會重新從廢墟中再复活起來!

Last edited by FireBrawl Latios; 01-16-2009 at 06:48 AM.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:18 PM
Pokol DaErran Offline

Done and done! :D