Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:09 AM
Nitro Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to Nitro
Default Re: why is paul so mean?

Paul is mean because he is the poopoo in Light_Sky's pants after two or three nights of constipation! OH BURN!!! GG LOLOL!!! YOU JUST GOT PWNED!!!
Old 03-11-2009, 10:24 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by applefirstxp View Post
yeah , i agree with you.
Some people. O_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSaiyajin4Gengar View Post
Silver from GSC is mean as Paul but with some difference Silver trains his pokemon but Paul releases Pokemon and captures stronger pokemon.

I think Silver is better then Paul.
Everyone knows that. Both covet strong Pokemon, but at least Silver doesn't release weaklings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Over View Post
A foil is someone who has an attitude opposite another characters. Example: Paul and Reggie. Also Ash cares about the pokemons feelings, not so much their battle abilities, unlike Paul who only cares about strength and not a pokemons feelings.
Oh, I see. Thanks. :D

Somebody own Paul real bad. >:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-B-3-R View Post
Paul is mean because he is the poopoo in Light_Sky's pants after two or three nights of constipation! OH BURN!!! GG LOLOL!!! YOU JUST GOT PWNED!!!
This... is definitely NOT true. O_o

Last edited by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng; 03-13-2009 at 02:51 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:13 AM
RocketMeowth Offline
Spazztacular

Send a message via AIM to RocketMeowth Send a message via MSN to RocketMeowth

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-B-3-R View Post
I will not tolerate flaming of another member.

... even if he was rude to me.

Either way, it's not nice to go at them like that. please don't let it happen again okay?

=^^= Nya
Old 03-12-2009, 02:43 AM
ORDinaryDreamer Offline

I couldn't care less why he's mean - I LOVE him for it!!! I mean, someone out there in all the regions has to be a jerk, besides the villains (because otherwise we wouldn't have villains!).

All I can say is that someone on the pokemon story writing team managed to break through the happy pokemon ROT that has settled over the show, and they've reconnected with the original concepts of the show. (like how the old game descriptions plainly implied pokemon ATE EACH OTHER, well let's not forget all games have the option of releasing pokemon!! Paul just takes advantage of that capability.)

Sorry if that's off-topic. I think Paul's mean because he's practical and emotionally insensitive, possibly even stunted. (I don't care though, I still love him and jerk!Gary)
Old 03-12-2009, 10:01 AM
Pokemon Ultimatum Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORDinaryDreamer View Post
I couldn't care less why he's mean - I LOVE him for it!!! I mean, someone out there in all the regions has to be a jerk, besides the villains (because otherwise we wouldn't have villains!).

All I can say is that someone on the pokemon story writing team managed to break through the happy pokemon ROT that has settled over the show, and they've reconnected with the original concepts of the show. (like how the old game descriptions plainly implied pokemon ATE EACH OTHER, well let's not forget all games have the option of releasing pokemon!! Paul just takes advantage of that capability.)

Sorry if that's off-topic. I think Paul's mean because he's practical and emotionally insensitive, possibly even stunted. (I don't care though, I still love him and jerk!Gary)
i agree!
Old 03-13-2009, 05:25 AM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

I think Paul likes Dawn, but Ash saw her first.

Old 03-13-2009, 05:59 AM
RocketMeowth Offline
Spazztacular

Quote:

Very well put! That's the best and most believable reason yet. Yay for Pokemon becoming a bit more realistic and not so care-free/lovey-dovey!!

=^^= Nya
Old 03-13-2009, 02:52 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:

Obviously. We need someone other than villians to hate. XD
Old 03-13-2009, 04:07 PM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

I say give this girl Hunter J more storylines. Smallville last night killed off a great opportunity in Linda Lake to be a full fledged villain. Paul alone is a good villain, but not quite at the top yet. They should put Giovanni back at Team Rocket, and have a possible teaming up with Team Rocket/Sinnoh villains.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:21 PM
RocketMeowth Offline
Spazztacular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshMistyMayfan View Post
They should put Giovanni back at Team Rocket, and have a possible teaming up with Team Rocket/Sinnoh villains.
I heard that Giovanni's voice actor died. If that's true than it'll never happen.

=^^= Nya
Old 03-13-2009, 11:57 PM
Realityxxx Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Realityxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMeowth View Post
I heard that Giovanni's voice actor died. If that's true than it'll never happen.

=^^= Nya
I thought that it was Meowth's voice actor who died. Oh well.

Anyways, i think Paul/Shinji's mean because he is lonely. I mean, Aniki/Reggie is NOT the ideal travelling partner. He's too stupid and annoying.

The aroma from the flower decoration on it's head has a relaxing effect. It will wither if it is not cared for.
Old 03-14-2009, 03:14 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshMistyMayfan View Post
I say give this girl Hunter J more storylines. Smallville last night killed off a great opportunity in Linda Lake to be a full fledged villain. Paul alone is a good villain, but not quite at the top yet. They should put Giovanni back at Team Rocket, and have a possible teaming up with Team Rocket/Sinnoh villains.
Paul may be evil, but he's definitely not a villian. That's good; for too long the villians were the only people that were hated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMeowth View Post

=^^= Nya
What, why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenGirl2000 View Post
I thought that it was Meowth's voice actor who died. Oh well.

Anyways, i think Paul/Shinji's mean because he is lonely. I mean, Aniki/Reggie is NOT the ideal travelling partner. He's too stupid and annoying.
Did both die? :O
Old 03-21-2009, 07:40 AM
kinghoo Offline

Paul might be jealous and envy with his brother Reggie. Paul might want to prove to his brother that his a better trainer than him. Remember that Reggie before becomming a breeder did have accomplished much from battles from Kanto, hoenn and sinnoh!

Got this to Reggie's Profile in Bulbapedia:

"Reggie has earned the 8 badges from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh. He has also challenged the Battle Frontier and won six of the seven Frontier Symbols."

This two might have something in their past. Maybe their parents were in-favor with Reggie or something. But im pretty sure, this theory has something to with Paul being mean.. His trying to prove something.. But then again, let's just wait for the answers to be revealed!!
Old 03-22-2009, 07:40 PM
Sheepat Offline

Kinghoo has a good point. Reggie is better than Paul. As a result, it spices up the show, but just by a little bit. Ash is still a twit.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:41 AM
inyi Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghoo View Post
Paul might be jealous and envy with his brother Reggie. Paul might want to prove to his brother that his a better trainer than him. Remember that Reggie before becomming a breeder did have accomplished much from battles from Kanto, hoenn and sinnoh!

Got this to Reggie's Profile in Bulbapedia:

"Reggie has earned the 8 badges from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh. He has also challenged the Battle Frontier and won six of the seven Frontier Symbols."

This two might have something in their past. Maybe their parents were in-favor with Reggie or something. But im pretty sure, this theory has something to with Paul being mean.. His trying to prove something.. But then again, let's just wait for the answers to be revealed!!
Yeah, youve got a good point here, it might be also made Paul so more mean to Ash because Ash did able to win the battle frontier that his brother failed to get the 7th symbol..

hmm, its getting intresting...