Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 01-06-2009, 02:23 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Team RP VI - Twilight's Cataclysm Discussion and Team Sign Ups [All TeamLeaders Look]

INTRODUCTION

Before I say anything else, believing Team RP VI is a continuation of the previous Team RPs is a common misperception. The storyline is all new, so don’t worry too much about what happened in the previous ones.

SETTING

The setting of this RP will be modern day in the Pokémon World, meaning only technology that is available in real life will be available in this RP. The exceptions to this rule apply to chemicals, pharmaceuticals, and biology. Researching genetic mutations/modification, creating biological weapons, and creating performance-enhancing drugs and vaccinations are possible. Also, exceptions to this rule are machines and technology that appear in the Pokémon games and anime. However, creating technology that doesn’t exist in either real life or the games/anime, such as plasma rifles, Gundam mobile suits, and spacecraft are not possible.

STORYLINE PREVIEW
(The much shorter version, just to get an idea of what’s going on)

Based on real life disasters gone even worse, the Pokémon World finds itself in economic shambles, with a ruined economy, massive job loss, mutilated stock markets, politicians selling their seats of power for cold hard cash, and serious political lobbying and scandals. Sinnoh seemed to be the only region that was somehow thriving in the global economic meltdown, and when Hoenn and the Orange Islands requested Sinnoh’s aid, they were turned down.

However, Sinnoh had problems of their own. Something went wrong with natural Pokémon evolution on Sinnoh’s areas, and in order to fix the problem, a company called SavisTech had created the Compulsory Development Pokémon Agent (CDPA), an agent made to help promote natural Pokémon evolution. However, a freak accident occurred, and Sinnoh quickly found out CDPA worked on humans as well, turning them into half human, half Pokémon hybrids (they’re back. :D). Sinnoh’s government, realizing SavisTech relied on Hoenn and the Orange Islands for supplies for CDPA, believed they contaminated the CDPA as revenge for refusing to provide financial aid. As a retaliation strike, Sinnoh targeted both of them with Task Subjugate missiles, killing hundreds of thousands and turning the rest of their populations into infected zombies.

In a world gone totally awry, now it is only the teams that have the money… the legal tender that everyone else is dying for. Whether they got that money through donations or scandals doesn’t matter to most. Where the governments have epically failed, the teams will succeed, but the real question is which ones?

RP HIGHLIGHTS

In this RP, you can RP as either human or Hybrid. Yes, I’m making it legal that you can RP as a mutated zombie, but you’d have to be really good at RPing an extremely stupid character ( “Scott came, ugly face so I killed him… tasty” kind of stupid). Sorry… but that’s why I don’t recommend it. Also, people that start as humans can be faced with becoming a Hybrid later on.

Teams will have control of a region, as long as its not Hoenn or the Orange Islands. Kanto, Johto, Orre, Sevii Islands, Fiore, Almia, and Sinnoh (your team would have to be all Hybrids if Sinnoh) are fair game.

There is also a new Heaven and Hell, but this time, they’re called Murhe (The dark afterlife for evil characters) and Sovinto (The bright afterlife for good characters). And yes, I made maps! Needless to say, this is mostly for something original, and to avoid real-life religious conflicts. That dandy stuff.

Instead of Crystals or Orbs (The orbs are REALLY old school by now), there are ancient implants that latch themselves onto a part of the body, and bestow unique powers. But as an added depth, you can’t take them into the afterlife with you, so someone could steal them by killing your character! So kill ‘em and get ‘em back!

Super NPCS, as well as TAG skills are back. No SPECIAL though. That’s surprisingly useless, as time has proven.

TEAM JOINING TEAM RP VI

I’m fine with any team joining Team RP VI (even the zany WAR 2x(3 2/3 ones), but keep in mind the RP itself is more serious-based. No extreme randomness or zaniness here, please…

And here’s the sign up. Also, each team should have at least five members. It doesn’t matter if they’re not all RPing.

Team Name: (What your posse call themselves)
Alignment: (Good or evil, you know the drill! No neutral though. Please… there’s no point to it. Those D&D alignments also work well, and I know them by heart).
Description: (Just a few sentences of team details. Goals, team themes, that kind of thing would be really good to put here).
NEWLY ADDEDYour Team's Starting Region: Yeah, I missed this little detail. Just let me know.
Your Team Members: Just list who is on your team, including yourself.

Also, if your team is going to be taking part in Team RP VI, put “[Team RP IV]” in the thread’s title, that way I can tell which teams will be in this, and which ones won’t be.

That’s all. I’m fine with this being both a discussion thread and a team sign up thread, so fire away.

Once I have four teams, the sign up thread will be posted.

Last edited by Neo Emolga; 01-09-2009 at 01:38 AM.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:43 AM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi
Default Re: Team RP VI - Twilight's Cataclysm Discussion and Team Sign Ups

Team Name: Team Aqua
Alignment: Evil
Description: Mercenary force that went rogue when the world went to hell, Team Aqua's goal is to pwn the world with big ships of doom.
Your Team Members:
-rust
-Nitrodown
-Charbok
-Neo
-[This Space For Rent]
Old 01-06-2009, 02:54 AM
Charizard Michelle Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charizard Michelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu
“Scott came, ugly face so I killed him… tasty”
Hmm...Scott is tasty. Hmm...WHy have I never tried eating him before?

Count me in. Just not sure which team I will be part of.

Still you are on Aqua now Neo?

Still we see. I still want to get some evil thing going on here but this world needs a light. Hmm...decisions decisions decisions.

Hop, Step, Jump~

I need to find a new girl-on-girl animation.

Old 01-06-2009, 03:27 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charizard Michelle View Post
Hmm...Scott is tasty. Hmm...WHy have I never tried eating him before?

Count me in. Just not sure which team I will be part of.

Still you are on Aqua now Neo?

Still we see. I still want to get some evil thing going on here but this world needs a light. Hmm...decisions decisions decisions.

Hop, Step, Jump~
Yep, I told Lord Celebi I would join him this time around, since we never did get to RP too much together on SAB.

Old 01-06-2009, 03:51 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

This sounds...so awesome! \m/ >.< \m/ I am definately in on this Neo!
Old 01-06-2009, 03:53 AM
Realityxxx Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Realityxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_pop View Post
This sounds...so awesome! \m/ >.< \m/ I am definately in on this Neo!
Same here. And we need more teams.

The aroma from the flower decoration on it's head has a relaxing effect. It will wither if it is not cared for.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:12 AM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott

Meh, I was hoping to make a Sith-based team, but I'd hate to try to take Rust's 'ebil' mantle from him. That and the fact that it's set in the now time, and as such being a Sith wouldn't work out that well XD.

So, Mikey, up for bringing back Delta Green? Or we could make up an original team, that would work too. Something more neutral, I don't want to have to be too 'good.'

"God, my brilliance is now somewhat of a burden. Get back to me."

Last edited by Dr Scott; 01-06-2009 at 04:14 AM.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:18 AM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Scott View Post
Meh, I was hoping to make a Sith-based team, but I'd hate to try to take Rust's 'ebil' mantle from him. That and the fact that it's set in the now time, and as such being a Sith wouldn't work out that well XD.

So, Mikey, up for bringing back Delta Green? Or we could make up an original team, that would work too. Something more neutral, I don't want to have to be too 'good.'
Go for it. Aqua and Rocket fought craploads during ToD. It would certainly make things interesting if it were Good v Bad v Bad. A Triangular War if you will. XD
Old 01-06-2009, 04:20 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Except Neo is looking for four teams right now. So it could be good vs bad vs good vs bad. Or good vs triple bads!
Old 01-06-2009, 04:24 AM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott

Meh, but, I wouldn't have the force! I mean, I know how I could pull it off, but I still don't know if I want to do it.

I think I'd rather make sure there's a good team.

Oi, I meant to ask, what're we doing about the 'projects' ?

Last edited by Dr Scott; 01-06-2009 at 04:26 AM.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:27 AM
Charizard Michelle Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charizard Michelle

Quote:

Hmm...Delta Green....That is tempting. I mean I am not sure. I kind of don't want to let The CHEERLEADERS die though. I am not sure. I am mostly hoping to just get a team that I am sure won't end up being me playing a team of one like the last few TEAM RPs.

Hop, Step, Jump~

I need to find a new girl-on-girl animation.

Old 01-06-2009, 04:29 AM
SuperBoy Offline

Send a message via AIM to SuperBoy

Valhalla Genesis is coming back. However, based on the cosmic balance, the new generation of VG will be a heroic team.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:32 AM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Quote:
Oi, I meant to ask, what're we doing about the 'projects' ?
I'm going to assume limit it to five at a time and keep an eye on them.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:44 AM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Mmm, five is a lot. Since we're messing with a limited economy, an epidemic and all that other good stuff I highly doubt we'd have the money to work on too many big projects. As well as the fact that we're dealing with modern day technology.

Keep in mind there's a difference between 'projects' and 'working on stuff' to me. For instance, making something new or futuristic is what I'm thinking of as a 'project,' while making something that we in modern times could make now is 'working on stuff.' In other words, making a Gundam is a 'project,' while making Deathwing would be 'working on stuff.'

At any rate, I want to make a team but I don't want to post it up because I don't know if I'll get the support. Is there even that many RPers left?

Well, since Rust is evil and Boy is good, I think I'll go chaotic neutral.

Name wise I'm thinking of the Pack (which is what I wanna go by to the civilians, so it sounds sane). But to anyone who knows it'd be the Phantom Alliance of Cultured Killers. The Pack would be a small-ish, loyal (and half hidden) group of half-crazies and those with ideas that don't fit with everyone else. I still wanna be somewhat good though, in case I need to swing that way, so people who join are free to have a good character too.

Any takers? Mikey is free to take the co-owner position if he wants.

KittenGirl? K-Pop? You are both very welcome.

Last edited by Dr Scott; 01-06-2009 at 05:48 AM.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:07 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

I think Kitten joined VG with Soups, but I think I might be interested. ^^