Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Other Pokemon Games

Other Pokemon Games Discuss all Pokemon spin-off games here, including Pokemon Ranger, Mystery Dungeon, Pinball, Colosseum, XD, Stadium, Snap, Super Smash Bros., Hey You Pikachu!, Battle Revolution and PokePark Wii.

Old 01-06-2009, 01:30 AM
Yoda55 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Yoda55
Post Re: Is PBR worth my $50?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Turtwig View Post
Only when you use it to HACK. You know, like make every pokemon appear shiny? Or always do a one-hit KO? That's hacking. Getting TM's isn't 'hacking'
Ok whatever. if you had a choice between xd and collouseum, I would chose Colluseum. it has a better story.

^ ^
Click
Old 01-06-2009, 01:35 AM
Poltergeist Offline

Default Re: Is PBR worth my $50?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Nissan View Post
Let's disregard the Pokes for a moment.

Which has a better storyline?
There is no storyline in PBR, or at least nothing significant enough to consider a plot. If you want a story go with Colosseum/XD. As someone who owns PBR and Colosseum I can honestly say PBR is a joke next to Colosseum, and even Pokemon Stadium. Only get PBR if it's less than $30, you have wifi connections and own a DS along with Diamond or Pearl.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:06 AM
Emeraldsuicune Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via Yahoo to Emeraldsuicune

Hm, dunno.
But listen, look around at your local toys-r-us. About a month ago, I got like 5 GC memory cars for $2- the real nintendo ones, too...51 mb.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:26 AM
Michelle8936 Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Michelle8936

They both have almost the exact same plot with some differences, but XD is the sequel so that's to be expected... anyhow, I still liked Collosseum more.

Old 01-06-2009, 02:41 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

PBR is an okay game. There is no storyline however, which does drag down the potential, and I can't figure out how to destroy the environments (which would be really fun XD). The only problem is, if you want to unlock the true potential of this game, you must have a DS and D/P/Pl to upload your pokes. However, you can only upload one game, and then must stick with that game.

Overall, to fully enjoy PBR, you must have
1.) A DS
2.) P/D/Pl
3.) Internet connection OR poke buddies who can come over

Collisuem is probably a better choice than XD, due to the fact you can catch all three legendary Johto dogs and the starters...And even Ho-Oh if you know how, as opposed to XD's three birds of Kanto and Lugia.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:23 PM
Primal Mario Offline

Ah, the more common question on wii games.

Im going with dont get PBR.

Why?

Well, PBR was an ok game but it got boring after a while, unlike the previous games before, XD Gale of darkness , And Coloseum. PBR Mainly focusus on becoming the poketopia champion, while XD focuses on the capture of shadow lugia. coloseum focusus on defeating the evil group, who call themselves the Ciphers.

Out of all three, here are my personal ratings.

PBR- 6.5/10

Coloseum- 7.7/10

XD- 8.0/10

My favorite one was XD.

So im going to say wait for PBR, and get Coloseum and some gamecube stuff, then get XD after you beat Coloseum, so that way XD will make more sense.

"Without idiots, life would have no meaning."
Old 01-07-2009, 02:40 AM
Ryan Nissan Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Any more peoples inputs?
[20:18] ryannissan: I get what you're saying. And sure, just as long as it's not two hours, SON
[20:23] Broderick1995: two hours my ass
[20:24] ryannissan: LMAO
Old 01-07-2009, 10:15 AM
Soda Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Soda Send a message via MSN to Soda Send a message via Yahoo to Soda

PBR is an okay game, I didn't like it till I got Wi-Fi. [Cause you have to use Rental Passes and you get random Pokemon.] It is cool that you can get a free Surfchu, Magmortor, and Electivire.

I never played XD, but Colosseum was awesome.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:15 PM
Knuckles Offline

Send a message via AIM to Knuckles Send a message via Yahoo to Knuckles

very few people have given Nissan an exact answer.. XD has a batter storyline in my opinion, plus it's longer than colosseum.. colosseum you start with a random umbreon and espeon at like lv. 26 and 24 respectively. the game is easy after you get entei which is relatively early, just before midway. if you go through all of mt. battle on story mode after you get entei (not required) your umbreon and espeon will be in the mid 70's levelwise. XD you start with eevee at lv. 10 i believe and you can do what you want with it. (i made an espeon that knew bite) there's lots more battles, some events you can get, a few wild pokies to catch, and there's a section for countering specific strategies. plus some pokies get moves only obtained through XD (like the moltres and scyther that know morning sun)
collosseum gets old fast and PBR has it's uses, but find one cheaper than $50. $30-$35 is good, $40 is pushing it
Old 01-08-2009, 12:28 PM
RocketMeowth Offline
Spazztacular

Send a message via AIM to RocketMeowth Send a message via MSN to RocketMeowth

^ I totally agree.

PBR is a good game yes. It brings back the old feel of Stadium 1 and 2, but to a certain extent. It feels like the game was actually rushed seeing as how all you do is battle and create a custom triner. There are no side games, no league, no story mode. I was hoping for PBR to be a combination of both Colloseum/XD and Stadium 1 and 2.

Don't get me wrong though. It's still a god game and creating a custom trainer from what you're given is pretty cool. However... this game isn't worth $50.

Now for the cube games, you can get either one. There isn't a basic story line that continues from one to the other. With that I can say that XD would be the way to go. It's much more fun, plus the moves for Shadow Pokemon range and cause more damage plus side effects, unlike in Colloseum where it's one move. And not just that, but that one move hurts you each time you use it (if I remember correctly). But Colloseum was the first and original. It's got it's tough moments and it's easy points. Overall a good game, I just think XD tops it in entertainment and addiction. haha

And there is my input.

=^^= Nya
Old 01-08-2009, 04:24 PM
Dark Lightning Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Dark Lightning

PBR? lolol that game is terrible. Period. Don't. Waste. $50. On. Some. Terrible. Game. Like. That. You will regret it for the rest of your life.

Pokemon Colosseum is a pretty nifty game. It has a storyline, and you can capture a few Legends that you can't get from D/P, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, etc. Same for Pokemon XD (why did they make the name of the game identical to a smiley? .___.), though I did enjoy Colosseum better.

I regretted getting PBR. In fact, my respect for the game makers seriously dropped low after they made it. I don't think I'll ever by another Pokemon game again maybe apart from Platinum, since D/P is seriously overrated, too.

(btw, this is all opinion, so don't flame me. kthnx.)
Old 01-08-2009, 11:55 PM
Vincent_Valentine_4 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Vincent_Valentine_4

I enjoyed Colloseum more but XD was good to I used to own them both but I'm an idiot and sold them both after I finished them but yeah PBR will never be worth 50$ not in this lifetime at least.
www.myspace.com/thomashoyt I are awesome
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ostcount=19347
Brawl FC:1633-3939-2142
"Put this in your sig if religion is just used to manipulate and control people."
Old 01-16-2009, 09:41 AM
Cipherz Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Only when you use it to HACK. You know, like make every pokemon appear shiny? Or always do a one-hit KO? That's hacking. Getting TM's isn't 'hacking'

well, it is hacking into the game tbh,.. it lets you get something that would normally take a while to obtain.

whats the difference between hacking a shiny poke for collection purposes or a TM? both save time and have the same purpose.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:40 PM
charmeleonblaze Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Nissan View Post
Hey, I got a Wii for Christmas, and I'm gonna get Pokemon Ranch. I was thinking of getting Pokemon Battle Revolution. Should I spend my 50 dollars on it or should I buy:
A Gamecube memory card
Gamecube controller
and Pokemon XD/ Colloseum.

Help please.
Better than all of those would be Call of Duty: World at War.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:57 PM
Lucky 1276 Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
From a person who owns it: Don't buy it for $50. You can find it for at least 20$ Cheaper on Half.com or Amazon. It's better to pay 35$ and wait a week than spend $55 on the game.
It's a fun game, but you could beat the whole story mode in a couple hours, and that's really ALL there is to the game besides the pokes you get from it, and your character. But the wi-fi is fun, apart from the Uber noobs that you come across occasionally.
Just wait for platinum to come out. And occasionaly? I get them every battle.