Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 01-05-2009, 06:36 AM
Splishee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Splishee
Default Unknown Ascent [RP]

Unknown Ascent ~

!! CLASSIFIED DOCUMENT !!
PROPERTY OF THE HOENN GOVERNMENT - DO NOT DUPLICATE

FILE DO3882-3883
TITLE: "UNKNOWN ASCENT"
DATE RECORDED: 1/09/2187

SYNOPSIS OF FACTS:
1 459 subjects of POKEMON species reported as 'missing persons' between the dates of 2 - 10 October, 2187. 541 subjects reported as 'missing persons' and charged with 'second degree assault' under the supervision of Federal Pokemon Control Unit. Total of 2 000 subjects missing with unknown reason. Facts collected imply some sort of foul play in each subject's case.

This case is ongoing and has yet to be resolved.

A total of 0 subjects have been recovered.

END FILE

~~~~

Since the rain fell heavily on the spirits of Hoenn in late year 2187, the region has since resigned to the calm state that most other presidents had favoured for it. The brutal missing persons files had reached a shocking, rounded number of 2,000 - a number never reached from the region, or any other like it, since the 21st century. Whispers of 'corruption' and 'government treachery' slinked their way stealthily across the region, as each person grew more frightened of the world despite the enclosed and deeply smothered way of living the Hoenn government had carefully devised.

All rumours were immediately shut down with an official statement of 'abduction' with outside involvement, and discussion of the case was officially given a 'AA-0001' file ranking.

And no one in Hoenn would dare defy a 'AA-0001' file ranking. After all, they had all heard about the outcasted citizens, who defied that particular ranking. Shunned from the closed Hoenn way of living, they were thrown out into the trash and never heard or spoken of again.

Years passed, and the whispered conspiracy theories soon quietened down, the disapproving eyes of Hoenn's way of life soon withered away into gray, emotionless sockets, and hushed voices behind closed doors soon lost their faith and hope.

In the last few centuries, the government had undergone enormous changes. Wars and conflicts had arisen with neighbouring regions, particularly Sinnoh, and Hoenn had adopted an entirely new way of living for the citizens. New technology brought new ways to control lives and crush dreams. The days were long gone where a 10 year old child may aspire to travel the region in an adventure with Pokemon. Pokemon, once respected as equals amongst the region, were now deemed as uncontrollable creatures, to be kept within technological barriers and never allowed out of the confinement of their 'Controller''s grasp.

The disappearance of the Pokemon had shaken young residents of Hoenn, however. Young children, between the ages of six and eighteen, were beginning to hear their Pokemon's frightened whispers, their terrifying fears of the Television, which had taken their beloved family members away, along with 2,000 others.

The children gradually came to terms that there was something sinister at work. And that it was time to form a resistance and discover where the Pokemon had gone. Little do they know that it is experimentation on the Pokemon in the mountains is happening, and it is growing more vulgar and inhumane by the second. The results have so far been inconclusive, and the scientists have started considering attempting to extend their experiments on small humans - children, preferably.

Unknowing, you will travel right into their grasp. But will you emerge alive?

The rebellion begins.

~~~~

Characters ~

- Kirra Taelo (Splishee)
- Ryan Vorster (U-B-3-R)
- Abigail 'Kenny' Kennedy (Cavalier)
- Derek Fyer (Grsspkmnmaster)
- Blane Walker (The Frozen Prince)
- Simon Weather (Redmaro)
- Miverva Rinstyon (Alana Marie)
- Mike "Ranger" Dawson (Kamikaze)

~~~~

Role Play Notes ~

1. There's quite a lot of freedom with this thing. You can do whatever you want; band together as a team, go your own seperate ways, betray everyone and experiment on the Pokemon... etc. etc. I encourage creativity, yes? ;D

2. You start the RP inside Hoenn. That's right, you need to break free of the government's grasp of you. Mind you, this will be extremely difficult, and no one has ever attempted it before since the new laws were created. It will take a while to get out, even with the aid of Pokemon.

~~~~

Current Technology ~

- Name of Technology: Laser Grapling hook.
Usage: This piece of technology fires a laser but is harmless to humans and Pokemon. This laser will attach to any surface and it becomes very strong allowing you to make the laser smaller so you will rise up towards it or you can swing from one thing to another. You can also fire 2 lasers at once allowing you to swing to the other laser. This piece of equipment is used a lot by climbers and explorers.
Availability: Available to everyone but the types that fire more than one lazer are more expensive.
Created by: The Frozen Prince

- Name of Technology: "Project XR-13"
Usage: A small black data drive that contains various data on pokemon research his father was working on. Also containg various locations and names of people Simon's father was working with.
Availability: Only one, known only to Simon Weather.
Created by: Redmario

~~~~

Other Threads ~

Sign-Ups - IT'S NEVER TOO LATE! >:o
Discussion - freshly made! :]

Last edited by Splishee; 01-07-2009 at 01:55 AM.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:49 AM
Splishee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default Re: Unknown Ascent [RP]

Locations ~

You can start wherever you choose in the RP, but all the characters are aiming towards the same place - an area outside of Hoenn that is unnamed and undiscovered as far as you know. However, it has been used as a secret facility by the Hoenn government for years.

The basic route is travelling north from Fortree City, where there is an abundance of security systems and guards that will stop you at any costs. They will not be easy to work around. After heading north, you have the option to either take an underground route to an island roughly 5-6 miles from shore, or travel on the water via a Pokemon or whatever you can think of.

~~~~

Posts ~

In all furthur RP posts, you must state above each of them the following information:
- Character's name
- Character's current location

~~~~

OPENING POST :O

Kirra Taelo
Mauville City
Hoenn

"Kirra?"

Kirra froze as she unsteadily wobbled on her feet at the sound of her name spoken so briskly, as though the man was attempting to attack her with the snappy word. Kirra gulped, slowly turning around and attempting to place her face in an innocently surprised expression.

"Yes?" Kirra said, attempting to sound confident but inevitably faltering under Terry's fierce glare.

"You're acting weird today," Terry commented, relaxing his shoulders slightly. "You're all - I don't know... alive? Not emotionless? Your face is all... well, it's like you're anticipating something?"

Kirra blinked. She had always thought that the obnoxious boy in her English class was loud, enthusiastic and perhaps a little cocky - but never observant. She was surprised and, admittedly, a little touched that Terry seemed to pay that much attention to know that something was up with Kirra.

"I - um," Kirra stuttered, shifting her gaze to an appropriate place just above Terry's head. "I had some chocolate for breakfast, you know, the really caffiene filled stuff. I've been jittery all day and I'm - I'm kinda worried that my parents might find out and, you know, punish me."

Kirra hoped that this lame excuse was enough to fool Terry, and luckily the boy smiled as though he thought she was telling some kind of joke and muttered something whilst walking away. Kirra breathed a sigh of relief. Perhaps he really was what Kirra had originally thought - just on a whim that he had detected something different in the usually mediocre and emotionless girl.

Of course, Kirra's excuse was no more true than if she had said she was an acute guitar player, or incredibly comfortable speaking infront of large crowds. No, there was something much more sinister and potentially putting her in danger from the infamous Hoenn government that was making her a little jittery today. Heck, Kirra was proud of herself that she wasn't bursting out crying and running into her bedroom, much less showing a little facial expression or shaking a little bit.

Kirra could almost feel Kirlia's presence inside the dusty, old pokeball in her jacket. She had taken an incredible risk searching her parent's private cupboards and scooping out 2 Pokeballs, and an even bigger risk holding one Pokemon inside one of them in her pocket in the open air! Kirra was almost hyperventilating as she considered the consquences of such an action.

Why was Kirlia even sitting near the beach of Mauville City on a sunny Sunday afternoon, and not cooped up inside her room like she usually was nowadays? Kirra would like to think it was because she had decided to take advantage of the lovely weather, but, unfortunately, she knew better. She was trying to savour the time in peaceful, contained ignorance she had left. Before Kirlia dragged her away to the outside of Hoenn. Escaping from Hoenn! Could you imagine that?

Kirlia somehow knew where her sister, Ralts, was in trouble. She didn't know what was happening, but she had a faint connection to her and she knew where she needed to be. And also, because the television had told her so. It had attempted to turn her towards the north and outside of Hoenn - attempted to spurn an inner urge to hurt anyone who was in her way as she did so. Miraculously, she had resisted - but she soon regretted it. And now Kirra had to come with the headstrong Pokemon to try and rescue Rima and the other Pokemon.

Kirra leant back on the grass and closed her eyes, savouring the last remaining glorious rays of sunlight as the sun began to set over the calm, still trees in the distance.

Last edited by Splishee; 01-05-2009 at 07:07 AM.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:19 AM
Nitro Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to Nitro

OOC: Nice, it's up. I rolled a die on AIM to see where in Hoenn I would start, and weirdly, I got Mauville, the same place as Kirra. o_O

Ryan Vorster
Rydel's Bike Shop, Mauville City, Hoenn

Ryan waved good-bye to the bike shop's friendly manager, Rydel. The man had sided with him on his views about the government's labelling of Pokemon. The old man remembered the days where Pokemon Trainers travelled the world with their Pokemon partners. He was among the few that believed Pokemon were just harmless victims of a political crossfire, and named the villains.

Ryan cautiously walked out. The police had been chasing him and his friends earlier due to their spreading rumors about the government's lies about their Pokemon abductions. After looking around a bit, Ryan saw they appeared to have passed. Ryan knew this was his time to escape. He released his Voltorb from its Pokeball, and cautiously grabbed a bike. Rydel had given him permission to borrow one because the smart old man had known the police would have caught up to him and arrested him, as was the case with his friends.

Ryan mounted the blue mountain bike, putting Voltorb neatly in his backpack.

"Watch out for the police," Ryan murmured to the Voltorb quietly, then started to ride. He wasn't afraid of the police shooting his Voltorb. Its reflexes were good, and by the time it had seen a bullet coming its way that had a chance of hitting it, Voltorb would already have Light Screen and Mirror Coat up, weakening the damage then sending back the bullet at the original damage due to Mirror Coat's side-effect of doubling the power of the countered attack before sending it back.

Ryan started biking to the east. He was in Route 118 before he knew it, due to the bike shop's close proximity to it. However, a river seperated him from the rest of Route 118. He was stuck, and the only other path to Fortree City would take him a month.

Why was Ryan going to Fortree? Well, his Voltorb had heard rumors from the Television that Pokemon were being taken there by the government.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:41 AM
Cavalier Offline

OOC: When my Pokemon speak, (for this RP I'm just assuming that humans can understand what Pokemon are saying) I'll be typing it in purple for Psych, red for Logan, and this orangey thing for Jet. Just for clarification, none of them can actually speak human dialect.

Abigail 'Kenny' Kennedy
Slateport City

In Kenny's opinion, the silence had been kept far too long. It was obvious that the Hoenn government never planned on fixing what was clearly a flawed system; probably, she surmised, because big men in dark suits somewhere in the hierarchy were benefiting from the situation. Despite rolling it over in her mind several times, she could never really come up with even an idea of what those benefits might have been. It didn't matter anyway; their justifications would never convince her that what was going on was okay. She would gain support, people throughout Hoenn would rally behind her, the system would come crumbling down and in its ashes would rise a new order, one which treasured equality and justice for Pokemon and humans alike--!

She was so enraptured with her visions of revolution that she slipped on the first step descending towards the basement, starting a tumble towards the bottom that ended with a loud bang and jumble of fourteen year old limbs lying prone at the base of the steps.

'If I survive getting out of this house,' she tacked on to the scrambled dreams in her head. She took her hat off her head, smoothing the hair which had gotten mussed in the fall, then replaced it, twisting it around so the bill pointed in the usual direction; slanting backwards towards the right. She stood up and took an abrupt right, tapping a five number code into a panel next to a flat iron door. A click resonated from inside the door, and Kenny slowly slid it open.

"Good news, guys!" she declared as she entered the cramped room, furnished with a lamp, a small flickering television, some cushions and a worn carpet. A yellow flash zipped across the room, climbing up her leg with sharp little claws and appearing in her vision as two giant brown eyes in a sea of soft yellow fur. The mouth on the little creature started moving faster than she could follow, but soon a blue aura had surrounded the thing, calmly pulling him backwards and leaving him to dangle in protest of few feet off the ground.

"What was that noise? For Arceus' sake, I thought the house was coming down!" a purple and black Grumpig seated on one of the cushions asked, light blue eyes returning to their usual deep black as she stopped using Psychic to hold the Pichu in the air. The little mouse Pokemon landed with a plop on the ground, crossing his stubby arms over his chest in disapproval.

Kenny waved it off nonchalantly. "Slipped. But really, check it out!" she unzipped her pink jacket and rummaged through an interior pocket, instantly producing two used-looking Pokeballs. "I found them at the bazaar. I told you something would pop up eventually! The Slateport bazaar is the most well-known in Hoenn for a reason."

Jet, thrilled once more, scampered up Kenny's body a second time, stopping on her left shoulder to gaze at the dirty red-and-white balls. This time, Psych did nothing to stop him. Her dark eyes seemed softer than they had before, "You're serious about this, aren't you?" she asked quietly.

"Of course," Kenny said with a blink. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"Because all the noble reasoning in the world won't stop them from taking you out once the feds find out about this, kid," the last Pokemon in the room, a Zangoose leaning in the corner, said darkly. "It doesn't matter how innocent or otherwise your intentions are; when you leave this house with Pokemon, you are committing a capital crime." He stalked forward on all fours, yet somehow he seemed larger than she. "That will receive capital punishment."

"I know that Logan," she said hotly. "I'm not stupid."

"Could've fooled me," he retorted in a low growl. He lurched forward, and for a second, Kenny thought he was attacking her. But instead he hit the activation button on one of the Pokeballs, which snapped open and accepted him inside as efficiently as if it were brand new. Kenny exhaled, not realizing she'd been holding her breath.

"I believe that is Logan's way of saying he respects your decision, despite how it may appear," Psych said sincerely. "What you are doing is very brave."

Kenny nodded silently, staring at the occupied Pokeball. "Well... let's go upstairs. I wanna get out of here," she finally said, turning on her heel and jogging briskly up the stairs, Jet chattering away on her shoulder. Psych took one final look around the room and a small smile crept onto her face. She wiped it away and followed Kenny up into the rest of the house.

LOOK AT IT GO.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:18 AM
Nitro Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Ryan Vorster
Route 118, Hoenn

"Voltorb, use Magnet Rise!" Ryan ordered. Voltorb started glowing aqua blue, and the glow soon spread to Ryan and the bike. They started to levitate, and Ryan slowly air-biked to the other side of the width of the river.

"Good job, Voltorb," Ryan murmured.

The neon blue glow slowly faded, and as the fade progressed, so did the drop in altitude. When the glow was completely gone, Ryan touched down on the ground and continued biking.

They quickly biked through the deserted route, no Pokemon to be seen. Ryan was soon in the rain-drenched Route 119. The grass was way longer here. Ryan would've been forced to dismount his bike and slowly continue on foot, but Ryan ordered Voltorb to use Magnet Rise again. The bike's wheels skimmed the top of the chest-long grass.

Ryan continued to hover over the field. When the long grass stopped, Ryan continued to bike. They continued in that manner whenever patches of the extremely tall grass appeared in front of them and didn't allow any method of detouring.

Voltorb was pooped by the middle of the route. Fortunately, Ryan spotted a building up ahead. He entered, chaining his bike to a bike rack outside the large building.

As he entered, Ryan spotted a sign outside that read "Weather Institute". Inside, many scientists walked throughout the building, and stared at him once they heard the chime hanging on the door ring.

"Who are... Aaah! A Pokemon!" a scientist exclaimed, and soon after, security guards pushed him out.

It made Ryan sad to see how Pokemon were treated nowadays, but he could do nothing to stop it - for the moment. He continued to bike to Fortree City.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:57 AM
Cavalier Offline

Abigail 'Kenny' Kennedy
Slateport City

With one Pokeball occupied and safely tucked back inside the interior pocket of Kenny's jacket, Kenny cupped the second in her hands, eyes roving over every dent and scratch on the imperfect sphere's surface. Jet was examining the main floor of the house in much the same fashion; besides the extremely brief amount of time he'd spent up there when he first hatched, all he had ever known was the tiny room in the Kennedy cellar.

Psych did not have an eye for surroundings, however. With one critical gaze fixed upon the single Pokeball remaining in Kenny's hands, she asked, "You wouldn't happen to have another Pokeball in your pocket, would you?"

Breaking her staring contest with the old ball, she looked up calmly. "I was lucky to stumble across these. You should have seen the look the old salesman gave me when I asked how much for both of them! I think we're lucky he didn't just call the police right then and there... I thought about it, and I decided that you can stay in this Pokeball while we travel, and Jet can just hang out in my bag," she said, gesturing to a small black and white backpack lying on the couch.

Jet's kite-shaped ears twitched in the conversing pair's direction, and within a moment he had wheeled about and sped up Kenny's body, coming to a rest on her head. "I'm going to get to stay out for the trip?" he asked fervently.

"Well, Jet, I-" Psych stuttered, a panicked expression crossing her face. She turned to appeal to Kenny. "It'll be extremely dangerous to have any Pokemon on your person, much less one not inside a Pokeball! You have no idea what could go wrong, and especially with someone who may not...er, understand the seriousness of the situation," she said, words flying from her mouth.

"Aw, relax, Psychy!" Jet replied with a casual wave of his little paw. "I won't get in trouble."

Psych's ears drooped, and she turned pleading eyes to Kenny once more. "What would you have me do, Psych! I thought about it - trust me, I thought long and hard - and I really think we'll be fine. Sure it's risky, but..." she exhaled, eyes searching upward for the Pichu she couldn't quite see sitting atop her noggin, "... I trust him," she said with finality.

The Grumpig looked rather unconvinced, countless memories of her time with the spastic little electric mouse fluttering through her mind. "And I trust your judgment," she replied, still obviously unsure.

About fifteen minutes later, Psych had gone into her Pokeball, which was located with Logan's on the interior of Kenny's jacket. Jet had made himself comfy inside the backpack on Kenny's back, his only stipulation being that slit an inch long be left unzipped so he could "see the world." Kenny took a deep breath, said goodbye to her home for the last time, and left the house for inner-Slateport City.

LOOK AT IT GO.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:15 AM
Grsspkmnmaster Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Grsspkmnmaster

Derek Feyr
Rte. 120

Making it into Fortree with four pokemon was difficult enought. I had to stick to the outskirts of town, and I still had Lucy, my Ludicolo, shield me with Nature Power. It was definitely not the ideal way to travel, but it sure beat herding Tauros back at the ranch. My thoughts came back to attention as I saw a wall in the distance, and it was crawling with guards. They carried rifles. And not just the stun rifles like the agents who worked with us on the ranch, but true one-shot-and-you're-toast rifles. I had to find a way around them, but there wasn't an easy way to do so. I looked around. The wall stretched for miles, maybe more. Walking around sure wouldn't be working out. Perhaps just breaking through? Rampage could just knock them aside whil Lee kicks a hole through the wall... I pondered, but dismissed the idea. There was no using brute force on this one. I had to resort to stealth. Again.

I sighed. Ever since I had left home more than two years ago to do this, life wasn't easy. Sure, I had pokemon, which most people didn't, I could run on my own schedule, and it wasn't beneath me to observe the occasional need to go under the law. I mean, I was an outlaw, but I still wondered what would happen if I had stayed at home. Probably stay and become the next head of the ranch ... which was my dream. But at the same time, ths is my dream. I had to rest. I returned Lucy and rought myself up into a fork in a giant elm nearby. I had to think on this one. And maybe get some sleep as well ...

Old 01-07-2009, 11:33 AM
Kamikaze Offline

Mike "Ranger" Dawson
Secret Base
Route 123
Hoenn

Hey Ranger, it's me, Thomas.

I hope Tom made it to you this time, I've been trying to get i touch with you for a while now. Listen, it's been a while since we last spoke, and I've noticed something up here in Fortree that you should know about. It's not safe to write it in this letter, in case it ends up in the wrong hands, do you think we could meet in person? I'm going out on a small trip at route 119 in a few days, how about we meet at the usual spot? Oh, I almost forgot, make sure to bring all your Pokémon with you, I have a feeling that you're gonna need them before you get back home.

Looking forward to see you,
Thomas

This letter was attached to Tom, a Taillow owned by a friend of Mike, who had arrived earlier this morning. Although Mike had already decided he was going, he knew he had to prepare a bit, since routes 119 and 120 are the ones closest to Fortree they are also the best guarded ones...But Mike wasn't to frightened by that, once when his dad had taken him to Fortree to visit a friend of his, Mike had met Thomas, and they both realised that they were two of a kind. They both loved Pokémon, they both enjoyed exploring and most important of all, they both hated the Government for what they had done to Pokémon. During this trip Tomas had shown Mike a secret path in the forest, small enough to be undetected, but still large enough to use an Acro Bike. To tell the truth, it was pratically impossible to get there without one. This path led to a hidden spot behind the weather institute, and from that spot you could also sneak into Fortree behind the security that had been set up by the government.

Mike went to Mauville and borrowed an Acro Bike from Rydel, one of the few people who would help people that resisted the government. After getting the Acro Bike Mike stoped by at the Berry Plantation and stocked up on berries, both for himself and for Thomas, since he know that there wasn't many berries to be found up there, and all Pokémon should be able to get their fair share of berries, after all, in the wild a major part of diet consists of berries.

The next morning he decided to leave early, and it was still dark when he told Max and Zorro to put the large boulder in front of the entrance to his cave before he left for route 118 and turned north right behind the patch of soil originally used for planting berries. When he saw that empty patch of soil and thought of the wild Pokémon nearby he decided to stop for a few minutes and plant some berries. After all, he had enough with him to give some of them back to nature. After this he folowed the narrow path through the forest and arrived at the meeting place around 2:30 in the afternoon, then he waited...

Last edited by Kamikaze; 01-07-2009 at 12:59 PM.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:57 PM
Alana Marie Offline

Minerva Rinstyon
Muaville
Giant Oak near Cyclng Road

Are you Insane?! Get down from there this instant, Minerva!

“I don’t wanna!” the voice came out like a whining dog, coupled with a pouting lip and wide chibi eyes. “The world is full of danger and thrill. You cannot fight the power of LIFE!” the rebuke came off rather serious, though the sound of sustained giggles between words was clearly evident.

The world is also filled with insane idiots, I think I see one trying to kill themselves right now…

The voice, one might say, was Minerva’s conscience attempting to salvage the it’s body from its owner’s crazy antics. Part of which is true, the voices rightful owner wishes to keep Minerva from losing any more brain cells then she already has. But the voice did not resonate from her brain, why no, it came from a small, purple figure, stalking the bottom of a oak tree.

It was a clear sunny day, not unlike any other in the city of Muaville, the wind whistled and wild Pokemon ran about happily (though never alone, a Pokemon alone was in danger of abduction) Kids were just getting out of school, running home to their parents or grabbing their bikes to play on the cycling road, maybe even take a trip over to the Rusturf tunnel. Clouds floated lazily along in the clear blue sky and bird twittered happily.

Down by the cycling road stood a giant oak tree, so tall it reached over the cycling road by 50 feet! A worn, and tough trunk at its base, nearly 10 feet round and branches that reached the heavens. It was the oldest tree in that part of Hoenn. Its leaves were thick and vibrant, shining as many colors green in the sunlight. And its branches strong, yet wobbly and flexible. They whooshed and flittered in the breeze, dancing back and forth as if putting on a show for the Pokemon and kids around the cycling road. The tree was humongous, so big it could be slightly seen from the Harbor in Slateport. It’s trunk was straight, perfectly, branching out at the top to form a giant, cloud, like structure of leaves and flowers. In fact, it looked exactly like a child’s drawing of a tree (stick trunk and a large puffy top) nothing could be seen through the leaves.

Down at it’s base stood a Espeon, coat shimmering lavender in the sunlight, her deep eyes expressing annoyance and a perturbed mind set. She stalked around the trunk, each rotation taking her a minute, because of the tree’s large girth. Every once in a while the Pokemon would look up and scowl, occasionally uttering a few curses under her breath. Shouting too loud was dangerous now. For only captured Pokemon had the ability to speak, and with Hoenn’s government at this state of being, captured Pokemon were forbidden. She resorted to growls and meow-like-noises whenever someone passed. She frowned as the are became more populated with the lower school kids getting out. What she was angry at was really hard to tell, to people passing by, perhaps the Espeon was furious at the simple fact the tree was impossible to climb (for everyone, the tree had almost no grips till you reached 30 feet in the air, not to mention it was atleast 200 feet tall!) But no, this Espeon was unlike the other Pokemon.

“Minerva!” she hissed, resorting to spoken words to get her point across, the Espeon checked for eaves droppers before continuing. “Do you have a death wish?” she finished hiss and snarling.

“Oh Boo-hoo,” a voice replied, its owner lost within fold and fold of leafy greens. “Would this being a death wish make it any better, would it make you feel like you have normal teenager for a trainer if I started balling my eyes out screaming…” she paused, there was a rustle of leaves as the girl shifted position.

A head popped out, about 60 feet up, platinum blonde curls fell out of the leaves, cradling a face with a sad attempt of a self-hating expression on it. She was having a hard time keeping a straight face. “The world hates me, yaddaydaddaydaydayaa Ima jump blahblahvbla.” then a bright realaztion struck her face.

“NO!” she smacked herself, her cheek instantly turning red from the impact. “NONE HAPPY THOUGHTS!” she burst out laughing and retreated back into tree. Rustling was heard as Minerva climbed higher.

Remidra, the Espeon blanched, her eyes widening. “Minerva I-Rarrr,meow mow…erm..ssssssssssssssssss SSSSSSSSSSSSS!” her rant was interrupted by a little boy walking by, Remidra tried to her best to cover up the words. “Speeeon! Espeon! ONONON!” she cried, feeling foolish. She had not done this since she was captured, or rather, decided to go with Minerva.

Minerva giggled from her palce in the tree at the episode below her. She was planted on a high branch was wobbled under her light weight. What Minerva was intending to do was not self harm, though, most of her ventures did end that way, she knew the tree hung over the cycling road. It was her intent, to jump from the tree onto the cycling road onto her younger brother Martin, who would soon be getting out of class. The upper classmen got out earlier to prevent a stampede of kids raging through the town. However, Minerva has been out of school since 11.

[color=dark orchid]Its bad enough you skipped half a day of school! Do you really think jumping from a tree will make your parents any less angry at you? Not to mention scaring your poor brother half to death! Ah! What mental damage this kid has suffered living with you![/color]

“Nope.” Minerva chirped back. “In fact, I want them so furious at me that they lock me in my room for the night!”

[color=dark orchid]Crazy spontaneous girl says what?…urrgh! You need to stop forcing me to watch Hanna Montana with your brother.[/color]

Minerva popped out of the tree again, about a few feet high this time. She was almost dead even with the cycling roads height. “I am planning on sneaking out tonight anyway, if I go to my room, they come and check. They send me to my room they leave me alone for fear of spazztic screaming. It works out this way…” she paused and rolled her eyes. “…and its fun to mess with Marty” she dove back into the cover of the leaves.

After several minutes of intense climbing and flower sniffing, Minerva was at the point of no return. She shimmied her way along a branch and managed to get her head and chest out of the plumage, she spat leaf out of her mouth, twigs riddled her hair and she had a small cut along her cheek. Remidrra had long since given up on coaxing her trainer out of the tree and made her way to the cycling road. Remi was about 13 feet below Minerva, staring wordily up at her. Minerva looked to the left, she saw a group of boys, 10 years old, cycling down the road. Her brother was at the front. Minerva grinned wildly. It would be a few minutes before they got to the perfect spot for her to jump. She crouched herself and stared ahead. On the other side of the cycling road was a small sliver of water and then the beach. You could easily jump from the cycling road onto the beach (But who wants to jump that high onto the sand?) or move over about 2 feet and land in the water. She saw a girl sitting on alone on the beach. The girl looked familiar, she realized that the girl was in her brothers class, she remembered from when she picked her brother up from school earlier in the year.

“Im winning!”

The voice was her brothers, Minerva blinked back into focus and saw him approaching, she tensed her legs and counted to five in her head.

Just remember, tuck and roll, tuck and roll, tuck and…5! She jumped.

The girl sprang from the tree like a animal, laughing insanely and manically. The boys on the cycling road looked up. Minerva landed, rolling and ending up right in front of her brother. She screamed loudly in his face and he fell of his bike, screaming in a girly voice. Which sent Minerva into a fit of laughter, she grabbed her torso and screeched with loud laughter, tears coming to her eyes.

“Not funny Minny!” Martin screamed. He was sensitive, and was frightened easily. Minerva quirked a eyebrow and hopped onto his handle bars like a cat, feet close together to keep balance. She leaned in closely.

“Why so Serious Marty?” she hissed, she knew that Martin was deathly afraid of the Joker from the Dark Knight. The boys eyes widened.

“Stop it!” Martin growled. His friends frowned.

“Dude, your sisters a freak” they said grinning. Minerva knew they used to have a little crush on her. Until she sat on all of them in turn and sung them the Barney song in their little ears until they begged her to stop. She was weird that way.

Martin, embarrassed pinched his sister side. She was catapulted into a fit of laughter was her brother continued tickling her. “STOP!” she screeched. She backed up to the railing of the road and jumped onto it.

“Minny what are you doing?” Martin asked.

“Don’t think I’ll do it?” she asked, catapulting from one subject to another. Martin and his friends blanched.

“Minerva, that’s insane” one of them stated.

“Innnnnssssaaaaaannnniiiiitttttttyyyyyyy~!” she sung with vibrato. Remidra stood at the side worried, she could not expose herself to the boys.

[color=dark orchid]Minerva… Do-[/color]

Minerva put her hand to her head in a salute and dove off the bridge, down down down. She plummeted, landing in the water with a loud thunk. the water rushing over her. She surfaced about 5 feet from the beach and swam over, exiting the water an waving to her astounded brother.

Her blonde hair was soaking wet and bunched in curls. Her jean caprice was sodden, as was her bright orange T-shirt and she was missing her flip-flops. The girl she had seen earlier was about 2 feet away from her. She smiled broadly and waved.

[[OOC: alrighty Splishee, there you go :D]]
Old 01-08-2009, 12:44 AM
Nitro Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Ryan Vorster
Fortree City, Hoenn

The night sky was aglow with stars. Their faint twinkle provided the light Ryan needed to get around Fortree City. Most everyone was asleep, though a few lights were on here and there.

Ryan stealthily creeped about the small city, cautious not to let anyone see him if they were to peek out of their windows. Due to the rope ladders and bridges being the only method to walk around the relatively small city, Ryan was forced to dismount his bike, and fold it into portable mode. Ryan desperately wanted to use Magnet Rise to cross Fortree quickly, but he knew the security in Fortree was at least tenfold of what it was at Mauville. The neon blue glow would definitely be spotted in the night sky.

Ryan returned Voltorb to its Pokeball, figuring it could use a rest. He started to climb the rope ladder, and quickly ascended to the treetop houses on the second level. He continued to climb to the final floor, the sightseeing and sentry towers on the third floor. It wasn't all that high, but it provided a pretty good view of the city below, the surrounding routes and the forest past that. Ryan quickly spotted the coastline not too far north of the city. He quietly maneuvered around on the rope bridges, heading towards the route that lead to the coast. The sentries were mostly facing outside Fortree, and had somehow avoided noticing Ryan. Perhaps something had distracted them.

Ryan climbed down the ladder, and took out his bike again. He biked across the short path that lead to the beach.

A dilemma faced the twelve-year old. Well, the answer was somewhat obvious, but that path was definitely much more dangerous. Ryan could've chosen either to ask Voltorb to use Magnet Rise to cross the beach and head to that faint outline of an island Ryan spotted far ahead, or cross via the underground path, which was basically a tunnel starting from a cave slightly to the west. The tunnel tunnelled underground, and branched off into many perilous paths, one of which lead to the island, the goal of Ryan's journey according to Voltorb.

Ryan had no particular wish to exhaust Voltorb any longer, so he took the underground path. However, as he stood before the entrance of the cave, he heard a commotion behind him. Quickly ducking behind a tree, he saw a Dusclops being chased by a couple of police officers, all of whom were brandishing pistols.

"Go, Voltorb!" Ryan tossed the red-and-white ball to release another red-and-white ball. Only, this one had no button in the center, and had two angry eyes staring straight at the cops.

The Dusknoir halted along with the police, all stunned at the appearance of another Pokemon.

"Voltorb, use Sonicwave!" Ryan ordered, pulling earmuffs over his ear.

Voltorb made an extremely loud noise which Ryan could hear even with the earmuffs on. However, it fainted the Dusknoir and the police, whilst Ryan remained standing.

Ryan knew the Dusknoir's fate would be horrible if he let it stay here with the police, so he tossed a Pokeball. Not waiting to see if it would stop shaking or not, he picked it up and ran into the tunnel. There, in the darkness of the cave, he put down the Pokeball, and waited anxiously to see if it would stop shaking or not.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:50 AM
Splishee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

OOC: Nitro, a few things:

1. There is absolutely no possible way your character could have arrived at Fortree that quickly. Really, you've only written three posts and you've travelled all the way from Mauville to Fortree? That's more than halfway across Hoenn. If you were travelling by car... yeah, maybe. But a bike? You'd have to make a post for each city you'd stopped at, at the least.

2. The scientists who encountered Ryan and Voltorb at the weather institute wouldn't simply push your character out and let you get on with your business. Hoenn is a world where training Pokemon is strictly banned - carrying a Pokemon in a Pokeball is like carrying illegal drugs. Ryan would be arrested, and Voltorb taken away. Especially if these were scientists, who are most likely government employed.

3. It's not nighttime - Alana Marie made that quite clear in her post just before yours. D: Since we're all roleplaying in the same region, times must all be the same for the sake of reducing confusion. In fact, I think it may be better if we enter the time of our posts into the post.

4. May I kindly ask you to change your posts, or, if it's more suited, to delete and start from scratch for the sake of realism in the RP? ^^

That is all.

IC:

Kirra Taelo
Mauville City
Hoenn
3 pm
(from now on, since we're in the same region, we should put the time of what your character is doing. Usually your time should be at the same time or after the post before yours. :o)

Squirming, shivering, shaking.

"When will you stop?" Kirra thought miserably, clutching once again at the jittery Pokeball concealed in her inconspicuous dull grey jacket. Kirlia was anxious to see the world, and was impatiently shaking violently in order to get her way. Kirra gave a strangled cry and squeezed the ancient ball - once belonging to her parents - whilst glancing around nervously. It was strictly forbidden to carry Pokemon freely - not in containment as they were meant to be in past trainer's homes. Kirra had even heard rumours that Pokemon were going to be removed from society all together - and Kirra shuddered at the thought. Kirlia, feeling her new trainer's emotions, made the Pokeball shudder a little too.

Grimacing, Kirra reached into the pocket of her bland jacket and pushed the Pokeball furthur down into her pocket with a vengeance. If Kirra was seen with a squirming, spherical object in her jacket pocket - the consequences would be dire. Kirra tried not to think of all the possibilities too much, causing her body to erupt in uncontrollable convulsions.

"Calm down, Kirra. You worry too much!" A soft, tinkling voice translated expertly into English sounded in Kirra's head. Kirra jumped so violently at the sudden noise that kids around her turned and looked in her direction, odd expressions playing on their faces. Kirra had never done much to draw attention to herself - and now she was the freak of the beach?

"That rhymes." Kirlia's voice in her head gave a soft chuckle. Kirra rolled her eyes, biting her lip and using all her willpower not to reply. After all, if she began talking to her only companion in her head, it would soon follow talking out loud to voices in there, giving the impression she was talking to herself. Not a good look.

"Even if you're not talking to me, I can still hear you," Kirlia said simply.

"I don't care!" Kirra snarled in her thoughts.

"Watch your temper! Hey, why aren't you letting me see the beach? I can see it in your head and it's absolutely beautiful! I want to see it for myself! Please? Oh, please?[/i]"

Kirra rolled her eyes, and immediately stopped herself. She was physically reacting to voices in her head as though Kirlia was talking to her face to face. Not a good habit to develop.

"Shut up and be greatful I even let you get in that Pokeball. Do you know how much of a risk this is? And - and making me travel to Fortree! That is half of Hoenn away! There is no way you can protect me, and Growlithe is a little wuss -"

"Growlie is not a wuss," Kirlia pouted. "And I can so protect you. I know heaps of attacks already, I've been practising in the basement on that horrible Seviper. I can confuse him, I can pick him up and throw him across -"

"Stop, stop, STOP!" Kirra closed her eyes, moaning softly with dread. She didn't even attempt to stop herself - the anxiety inside of her was too much to bear. "You've been practising in the basement? Are you kidding? What attacks have you been using? Have you been loud? Do you even realise -"

Kirra's frantic thoughts were interrupted by a loud 'splash' which erupted before her. The fantastic cerulean water, once shimmering softly and peacefully, was disrupted by a large figure of a girl who had flung herself directly infront of Kirra. Gasping and rather wet from the explosion of water, Kirra leaped upwards, terrified.

The girl smiled brightly and gave Kirra a friendly wave, acting as though she had not just drenched her with water. Kirra stared at the extravagant teenager, forgetting her mouth was hanging open and hurriedly rushing to close it. Kirra tentatively raised her sodden hand, returning the wave but unable to give a smile in her current stage of disarray and anxiety.

"Uh... Kirra? Big problem. Might want to check where you DROPPED ME!" A voice in Kirra's head shrieked, giving her an instant headache.

Panicking, Kirra checked the ground and, sure enough - right infront of the girl who was currently trudging happily out of the water - was a gleaming cherry red and white sphere laying on top of the sand. Sweeping her eyes, frightened, amongst the beach goers, Kirra was relieved to see that no one had spotted the ball - they were all staring in the other girl's direction with mixed expressions of being shocked and impressed. Quickly, Kirra leaped down to the ground and clutched the ball, attempting to hide it in her hands. She was sure that the people around her hadn't seen the ball - but she was almost certain that the girl had spotted it.

Trying not to look up at her, Kirra blushed deeply, fighting back tears as she grew suddenly extremely afraid. What if the girl turned Kirra in to Mauville police? The government would take Kirra into custody, and would most likely take Kirlia away for good!

Deciding the best action at that moment would be to communicate with the girl, Kirra cleared her throat and whispered softly, "Hi. I'm - I'm Kirra. What's your, um, name?" She still stared intently at the ground, avoiding the girl's gaze.

Last edited by Splishee; 01-08-2009 at 12:45 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:53 AM
Kamikaze Offline

Mike "Ranger" Dawson
Hidden spot behind the Weather Institute
Route 119
4.30 pm

Mike had been waiting for 2 hours when he heard a rustling sound in a nearby bush. Finnaly Mike though. "What took you so long?" Mike asked, but to his surprise there was no answer. When he went to check who it was he was shocked, there was a seedot sitting there, but it was not the seedot itself that shocked him, but the fact that the seedot was all alone and crying. "What's the matter?" he asked, but then he realised that the Seedot couldn't understand him. "Hm, now what, I can't stand seeing it this sad" Mike thought for himself. Then he remembered the Capture Styler, not only could he transfer his feelings to the pokemon he captured, but also understand the feelings that the pokemon had, and with some training he had learned how to speak with them through the telepatic bond that occurs when you transfer your emotions through a Styler. Having decided to give it a try he started digging around in his backpack. "Come on, I know It's here somewhere" he whispered to himself. And eventually he found it, in the bottom of the backpack in a small box that contained some old, empty, pokeballs just in case, although he hated to capture pokemon that way, "it's not ok to steal someone from his or her own home" was what he had thought when he first heard about the missing pokemon and he had promised himself to only use them if a pokemon really wanted to come with him.

After he had found the Styler he started it up and started the capture. What he found odd in this case was that the seedot didn't try to resist it, or run away, it just sat there still crying. "Something is awfully wrong here", Mike thought.

"Go away, there's nothing you can do to hurt me any further", the Seedot said as soon as the connection was open.

"I'm not gonna hurt you little friend", Mike said. "You want a berry?" Mike had learnt that berries was a very good way of getting friends with pokemon, especially lately, since they became more and more rare.

"Yeah right, I'm not gonna fall for that, there hasn't been any berries on this route for the last 2 years."

"Well, I'm not from this route, and I've got berries with me."

Still sobbing the Seedot turned around and looked at the berries in Mike's hand. "Can I really have one?"

"Of course."

After eating a few berries the Seedot sat down again, and looked Mike in the eyes. "You're not like everyone else, are you?"

"What do you mean?"

"You're nice to me, almost as nice as...my...my..." Seedot started crying again, if possible even more than before.

"What's the matter?" Mike asked and slowly lifted the Seedot up in his arms.

"They...they took her..." Seedot said with tears all over himself. "Those men just took her...They tried to take me with them too, but I..." the Seedot was quiet for a while. "...I managed to escape..."

"Who was she? And who were the ones that took her away?"

"Ch...Christie, my trainer..." Seedot said. "And now I will never see her again." He burst out in tears again.

Mike felt a sting of pain, he knew how he would feel if he lost one of his pokemon, it must be just as bad for them..."Do you remember who those men were? Or where they were going with her?"

"I think she called them feds...And they took her to one of those buildings where they put all the pokemon, before they...they disappear."
Thoughts was flying around in Mike's head, do they abduct people too now? Or do they imprison all trainers at the same place as the pokemon so that they will have no way of escaping? He knew he had to do something, but what?

"What's your name?" Mike asked the Seedot.

"Sean...Christie called me Sean..." he said.

"Well, Sean, I don't know what will happen now, but I would like you too meat my friends, let's just get down to the water, Tracey really don't like to be on land."

"Tracey?"

"Yes, it's a Lapras that I set free from a fishing net about a year ago. The rest of my friends are Zorro, a Poochyena, Max a Growlithe and Hermes, a Pidgey. I hope you will get along with each other."

Sean became very good friends with Mike's pokemon, and he even seemed to smile a few times that afternoon.

Last edited by Kamikaze; 01-09-2009 at 01:45 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:49 PM
Nitro Offline
Ultra RPG Official

OOC:

1. There aren't any cities in between Mauville and Fortree.

2. The scientists were too stunned? Idk. :X

3 & 4. To make up for this, how about I'll have my character get lost in the tunnels, and end up coming back to your time? I'm not a fan of editting my previous posts... ^_^;;

I won't post until you respond.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:13 AM
Alana Marie Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-B-3-R View Post
OOC:

1. There aren't any cities in between Mauville and Fortree.

2. The scientists were too stunned? Idk. :X

3 & 4. To make up for this, how about I'll have my character get lost in the tunnels, and end up coming back to your time? I'm not a fan of editting my previous posts... ^_^;;

I won't post until you respond.
OOC;; wtfno.
Splishee is law. She made RP. You do what she say mmk?

1) Jus because there are no cities does not mean you have super sonic speed/move the Rp along without Splishee consent.

2) :x no. Making up dumb excuses xD There was no saying of this in your post and therefore they were not.

3&4) Again, having your person be in the future complicates things. It is best that you either delete that post and forget all about being near foretree or near the weather center, or edit it :x

5) I am officially moving this to discussion :x so no spamming comes about.

[[Alana's post might possible be here..prolly not....possibly...]]
Old 01-09-2009, 01:39 AM
Cavalier Offline

OOC: Just because there are no cities, doesn't mean there isn't at least a hundred miles. I mean, it's a continent. I won't comment anymore; this is what the discussion thread is for >.>

Abigail 'Kenny' Kennedy
Slateport City
3:00 pm

Having grown up in a house on its outskirts, Kenny was obviously familiar with Slateport City. It was the advantage of being a hometown girl; most people came to Slateport for its world-renowned bazaar. Kenny knew the city consisted of much more than that. She walked down a familiar street, popular with locals for its good pizza, local pubs for sports fans to gather and boast about whose team was surely winning the championship this season, and relative anonymity to the tourist types (whom the locals made a pastime of complaining about.) And it was about in this vicinity that Kenny realized that she was just doing what she normally did on any other afternoon; wandering.

And with this revelation quickly followed another; she had no idea where in the world she was going. She didn't know anything about the Hoenn government, or specifically where it was operating out of. She was sure that there were probably other rebellious types somewhere in Hoenn... but Hoenn was a big place, and rebels trying to overthrow the government or something of the like were generally not easily stumbled upon.

"Crap," she muttered to herself, frustrated at her own lack of preparation.

"What is it?" a little voice rang out from her backpack. To say she jumped a mile in the air would be an understatement. After the initial shock quickly dissipated she spun around frantically to check if anyone had heard. Luckily, she was almost alone, and the few people who were on the street with her were nowhere close to being in earshot. Relieved but still rattled, she whipped the backpack around, clutching it tightly between her arms as she sprinted between two buildings. The alley was treacherously narrow and creepily dark for daytime, which suited her purposes just perfectly.

Shooting a nervous glance at the mouth of the alley regardless, she unzipped the backpack, revealing a dazed Jet. "Are you insane?!" she hissed at him. A strange sensation suddenly originated from around her ribcage, and two flashes of white light burst from within her jacket, landing on the ground in front of her in the forms of Logan and Psych.

"What happened?" Psych demanded. Logan just glowered at the little Pichu, who was still trying to stop his head from spinning.

"It wasn't... Jet just surprised me, was all," she muttered. 'Surprised' was putting it lightly, of course - more like completely horrified - but she would feel bad if the incident unleashed Logan's rage on the little mouse. "I never really thought about where we were really going is all, and now... I guess it's a little late for planning."

Logan turned to her, red eyes nearly aglow with a mixture of anger and disgust. It didn't seem like Kenny had to worry about his rage being unleashed on Jet, at least. But before Logan could respond, Jet had started speaking.

"Aren't we going to Fortree City?" he asked innocently.

"Why would we go to Fortree?" Kenny replied, confused. She didn't think she'd ever mentioned going there... why would she have?

"Because that's what the television said, back at home," he replied in that same innocent voice. "It said to find the other Pokemon, around Fortree. But I don't know what the heck he was talking about; crazy guy wouldn't even tell me his name! He actually reminded me of Logan a little bit; he seemed really crabby, repeating 'Fortree' over and over and over even though I asked him like a billion times what that meant. Anyway-"

"Cool it, Jet," Kenny finally cut him off in exasperation. If she hadn't there was no telling when he would've stopped talking. "Now, you're saying the TV talked to you, and told you to go to Fortree City?"

"How many times do I have to tell ya'? Fortree City, find the other Pokemon... maybe some other stuff, I don't know, I can't remember. He interrupted 'That 70's Show' so I was kind of ticked at him and didn't listen too much."

Kenny glanced at Logan and Psych, both giving Jet the same incredulous looks Kenny imagined she had on her own face. Jet, too, examined each of their faces, before smiling broadly. "You mean I'm the only one who the TV talked to? Man, that is awesome!"

"Next time it happens, make sure you tell me so I can shove your head through it," Logan remarked bitterly.

"I guess... we're going to Fortree," Kenny said ignoring the Zangoose's rather violent remark, not half-believing what was coming out of her own mouth. Evidently, neither did Logan or Psych. Even Jet looked a little shocked, though admittedly pleased with his contribution to the group discussion. "You have any better ideas?" she pointedly asked the Zangoose and Grumpig. Both remained silent.

Exiting the alley, Logan and Psych back in their Pokeballs and Jet in the backpack, Kenny murmured one last thing in the direction of her back, "Next time the television says something to you, really do tell us."

"Only if you promise to keep Logan away," he responded coolly. Kenny swore she could somehow hear him smiling as she walked in the direction of Route 110.

LOOK AT IT GO.