Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 12-26-2008, 11:54 PM
poke123 Offline

Default Dragon Riders: Impending Doom (An Eragon RP) (SUs are still open)

PLOT

The war ends with the death of the evil King Galbatorix. All of the king’s soldiers are freed and allowed to return to their families. Meanwhile, the leaders of the races convene to decide what happens with Alagaėsia. Islanzadi (leader of the elves), Orik (leader of the dwarves), Nar Garzhvog (leader of the Urgals), Orrin (leader of Surda), and Nasuada (leader of Varden) have a meeting in Du Weldenvarden. Accompanying them is Eragon and Arya. Though everyone wants to be in charge of the empire, they finally agree on Nasuada becoming the queen. As her first decree, she gives expands the territories of the other races and ushers the Urgals to come out of hiding.

Then, another topic comes up, the fate of Murtagh and his dragon Thorn. After several arguments, it is decided that he will remain alive and teach the next generation of the Dragon Riders along with Eragon and Arya. This is only because they learn that Murtagh was only serving the king involuntarily and that he was the one who sent the egg to Arya. After the decision is made, Eragon, Arya, and Murtagh use their magic to reverse the dark magic that Galbatorix had used on Thorn and Murtagh. Murtagh became a little weaker and Thorn reverted to the size of a seven month old dragon (his actual age).

Saphira and Jade mated, producing several eggs. At the same time, Eragon and Arya get married and have a baby, whom they named Brom. Two of the eggs hatched on their own, producing a white dragon and a black dragon. They were named Yin and Yang.

The day Eragon’s child was born, he was brought near a dragon egg and it hatched for him. The dragon was gold, reminding Eragon of Glaedr. However, this dragon was different. He did not grow like other dragons, he grew at the rate that humans did, so the dragon and Brom bonded more. Though there were a few eggs, Eragon was hesitant to let other people near them. He feared that the dragons might be harmed. A year later, Eragon decided to let people from all of Alagaesia to come and try their luck to get a dragon egg to hatch. By now, he had expanded the Dragon Rider spell to include dwarves and Urgals. For six years after he had started letting people visit the eggs, no egg hatched, but on the seventh year two riders, one boy and one girl made two of the eggs hatch. A year later, several people made eggs hatch, ushering in a new generation of Dragon Riders.

A year has passed since the newest riders have become riders. Though they have learned much along with the two “experienced” riders (they became riders the year before), they still had much more to learn from their teachers. However, there was no need to worry as there was no major conflict in Alagaėsia. Little did they know that trouble was brewing. One of Galbatorix’s Shades had survived the war and had escaped to a distant land. In that land, he had joined forces with the Razac and the Lethrblaka. Slowly, he began to build up more and more power.

Now he is coming to Alagaėsia to ravage the continent and all of its inhabitants. Leading his army of Shades, Razac, Lethrblaka, and strange creatures, he plans to start his invasion by manipulating the new generation of riders. Their minds are still malleable and easily corruptible. He wants the riders to pay for making him go into hiding.

THE RACES

Humans: No explanation needed here.

Elves: Elves were a race of beings who migrated to Alagaėsia in the distant past; the exact date is unknown. Humanoid in appearance, they had noticeably angular features, slanting eyebrows, and pointed ears; they were generally tall and slim, and were, according to legend, the fairest people of the land, partly because of physical transformation (and were thus called the Fair Folk). More elves were greatly gifted with magic than the other races, and had an innate knowledge of their true names.

Dwarves: Dwarves (Knurla in Dwarvish) were one of the only races native to Alagaėsia. Known as lovers of rock and stone, dwarves had a long lifespan and often lived in large, underground cities in the Beor Mountains. One of the most famous dwarf cities was located in Farthen Dūr ("Our Father" in dwarvish). The city itself, Tronjheim, was the secret hiding place of the Varden up until the Battle under Farthen Dūr. The dwarves had many clans such as the Az Sweldn rak Anhūin and the Dūrgrimst Ingeitum.

Urgals: Urgals were a race of sentient creatures inhabiting Alagaėsia. Forced by Durza into the service of Galbatorix, they were considered evil by most humans, but were not inherently so. What they lacked in intelligence, they made up with brute force and exceptional fighting skills; they were the expendable "shock troops" of Galbatorix's army. The Urgal language was a simple, guttural language; only a few phrases were known to outsiders, and all of them were related to war and fighting.

Magic

You can perform magic by speaking in the Ancient Language. It is impossible to lie in the Ancient Language. There are a lot of phrases that are used in the book to do specific things. Here is a link to a page about the Ancient Language. LINK. When you use magic, you do not have to limit yourself to these phrases. You can do a number of other things by saying them in the Ancient Language. However, you cannot use spells that are too complex for you. (So no moving mountains or anything huge.) As the story progresses I will decide when you will be allowed to use more complex magic. You do not have an endless supply of magic. The more you use, the more you get tired. If you need more magic, you can always tap into your dragon’s magic.

Levitation of small objects, menial tasks (dulling a blade), and healing minor wounds (bruises and small cuts): Level 1

Scrying(looking at someone you know from far away) and summoning fire : Level 2

Setting fire to objects, simple offensive attacking spells (such as knocking someone back) and healing more complex wounds: Level 3

Summoning other elements, more complex offensive techniques (breaking opponent’s calves and blasting them with a gust of wind), and healing much more complex wounds: Level 4

Transporting things great distances, healing very complex things (internal organs), and summoning something’s essence: Level 5

Weapons

You will start with a sword forged by humans. You decide what it looks like. It is sturdy, but the weakest kind of sword in comparison to the other races. As you progress, you will be able to earn better swords. First, a dwarf sword, then an Elven sword and finally a Dragon Rider sword. (The Dragon Rider Sword has a gem on it for you to store energy in.) I will decide when you get your new sword.

You will also get a bow and arrow or another common weapon.

REMINDER: You will be RPing as your character and as your character’s dragon. So, I would advise against making two characters because it might get too confusing. If you think you can deal with two characters then by all means make two characters.

Rules

1) No Godmodding. I control the RP.

2) Keep cursing to a minimum. A word here or there is fine, but I don’t want to hear a curse word in every sentence.

3) No Flaming. There is no reason to do so, so please refrain from flaming.

4) You can not make the time move. The day begins and ends when I say it does.

5) Though this is going to be a violent RP, don’t get too gory because there’s no reason to.

6) Relationships are fine. Kissing, hugging and holding hands are fine. Anything more than that is inappropriate and will get you banned from the RP.

7) No Bunnying. You are not allowed to control other people’s characters. If you have to leave for a period of time and you want don’t want to get left behind, then PM me and tell me who you are allowing to control your character in your absence.

8) This is the most important rule. BE LITERATE!!! I hate RPs that are ruined because people only write one liners. I expect posts to be a minimum of 5 sentences. If for some reason you can’t think of much to write and you write one line, that is ok as long as you don’t do it often. Also, please check spelling. A typo here and there isn’t bad, but sometimes it gets to a point where you can’t even understand the other person because the typos are so bad.

9) Highlight the next rule.

10) Somewhere in your post you HAVE TO write “Eragon is the son of Brom.” Do not make it obvious that you need to write this, so that people actually have to read this rule. Put it under the Other category or somewhere else inconspicuous.

I will be controlling all important NPCs such as Eragon, Arya, Murtagh, Glaedr, etc...

Also, I have three characters in this RP that I will control in addition to the NPCs. They are Saphira's first two children and Eragon's son. One dragon is white and is named Yin and the other is black and is named Yang. They are both 10 years old and as such are very large dragons. (They are larger than your dragons because they are 10 years old.) Eragon's son is named Brom.

Also, we are currently in Ellesmera, the capital of the Elven territories. We will move around during the RP, but for now we will remain in Du Weldenvarden. (Du Weldenvarden is the name of the Elven territory. It is a giant forest.)

Also, include your name and your dragon's name and where you are at the top of your post.

EX:

Dragon Rider and Dragon
Text Text Text Text

or if you are in a different location from your dragon then do the following

Dragon Rider
Text Text Text Text

Dragon
Text Text Text Text

During the RP, the teachers will ask several questions. This website has most if not all of the info about the Inheritance Series. CLICK HERE

So with all that out of the way, start the RP!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC: I'll start off the RP. I will start off with Eragon then I'll switch to his son the next post.

IC:

Eragon Bromsson and Saphira
Small clearing next to the Crags of Tel'naeir

Eragon began to yawn as he walked around with his dragon, Saphira. Large chesnut colored trees that seemed to sway in the breeze surrounded the pair. The trees were covered in viridian colored leaves which billowed in the wind. The saphire creature simply smiled at him. Her scales shined beautifully in the sunlight, creating thousands of little azure reflections. She looked around, reminiscing about the training she and Eragon had received at this location more than ten years ago.

I still remember the first day we came here? asked Saphira.

"Of course I do. Oromis taught us a lot and if it weren't for him we wouldn't be here today," replied the Dragon Rider.

It feels so weird being here without Oromis teaching us. I never thought we would be teaching the next generation of riders, mused Saphira.

"Well, these riders will protect Alagaesia for years to come. They will make us proud," smiled Eragon.

How is your little one doing? inquired the blue dragon.

"Getting in to trouble as always," chuckled Eragon.

Now who does that remind me of? Saphira asked sarcastically.

The brown-haired Dragon Rider laughed. Before he could continue talking, he heard the rustling of branches and several people began to walk towards him. Accompanying each person was a large dragon. Usually when he heard an unexpected noise, he would reach for his trusty sword, Brisingr. However, he knew who the people that were walking towards him were. They were his students, the new generation of Dragon Riders.

"Welcome everyone," Eragon said in a loud voice, "These are the Crags of Tel'naeir. This is where I trained as a young Dragon Rider and it is where we will train for the next few weeks."

This was the home of the Legendary Dragon Rider, Oromis and his dragon Glaedr, interjected Saphira.

"Now, please sit on the grass in front of me so we can begin our lesson," said Eragon.

Last edited by poke123; 12-27-2008 at 03:20 AM.
Old 12-27-2008, 12:35 AM
Keiten Offline

Send a message via AIM to Keiten
Default Re: Dragon Riders: Impending Doom (An Eragon RP) (SUs are still open)

Ryden and Kyyr
Crags of Tel'naeir

Ryden approached Eragon quietly, his hand on his Dragon's side. Kyrr sat down on the ground, his mighty tail swishing lightly, as Ryden sat beside him, looking up at Eragon. "Hello, my Lord," Ryden said. Having grown up isolatd, Ryden did not know the same customs other Elves did, and simply called those higher up than he "lord" or "lady". Kyrr growled softly, his tail moving so it was around Ryden.

Hello, Dragon Saphira, Kyrr said mentally. Kyrr and Ryden sat silently, staring at the other Riders and their Dragons, Kyrr watching all of them skeptically, while Ryden smiled at each person and Dragon in turn. Ryden turned to look at Kyrr.

"Behave yourself, Kyrr... I am in no danger here, okay? There is no need to act so threateningly..." Ryden said softly, laughing lightly when Kyrr gave him a skeptical look.

Just because you see no danger now does not mean there will not be any soon. Ryden nodded and shrugged at that, and sat in a more comfortable position, lightly touching Kyrr's gleaming scales. Kyrr was always too protective of Ryden, though not with good reason. They cared for each other and would protect one another with their lives. But now, Ryden decided, they were safe, and they must learn.
Old 12-27-2008, 01:00 AM
Dr Robotnik Offline

Fright Knight & Scourge
Whatever the place is called.

The Fright Knight came, but did not sit. "I will stand." He said adamantly, stabbing his green sword into the ground. Scourge did not speak, but rather growled annoyedly and flopped down.

((I know, short, but I can't think of much else.))
Old 12-27-2008, 01:21 AM
poke123 Offline

"Remember riders, when speaking to any of your teachers including myself, you will address us as Master and then our name," Eragon reminded his students.

One of the students, Fright Knight, refused to sit down. Eragon sighed and scratched the back of his head. This elf was a lot older than him. However, Fright Knight was his student and he should respect Eragon. Saphira also noticed Fright Knight's unwillingness to sit down. She looked at Fright Knight's dragon, Scourge. She reached out her mind to that of her offspring.

Scourge, remind Fright Knight that as a rider he must respect his teachers, Saphira said to Scourge.

"Sit down, Fright Knight," repeated Eragon.
Old 12-27-2008, 01:27 AM
Dr Robotnik Offline

"I respect you as a teacher, Master Eragon, but I will stand. My body is mine to controll, and I prefer standing to sitting." He said back, stressing the Master in his statement

I would, but trying to reason with him is like trying to reason with me; Impossible. Scourge replied, allowing a small bit of black fire to come from his nostrils and watching the flames trail off. Are you going to begin teaching or not?
Old 12-27-2008, 01:30 AM
Enkaku_Kumori Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Enkaku_Kumori

Serena and Kashet
Little ways away from the Crags of Tel'naeir

The leaves that littered the ground on Du Weldenvarden breifly flared up into the air as a pair of boots stomped down onto the earth. The boots belonged to a girl of seventeen, her thigh-length white hair billowed furiously out behind her like a white cape, almost like the black cloak she wore. Her ocean blue eyes sparkled with excitement, her lithe body twisted around the closely-packed trees as she ran. As she ran, she could hear the steady thump of wings about her head, she smiled, sharing her excitement with her bonded dragon, Kashet.

Serena smiled, they should be coming upon the Crags of Tel'naeir soon. As she turn around a large ash tree, she saw a semi-large clearing to her left. She immediatly turned and ran into it, then stopped. Ashe she brushed off her clothing and straightened her hair, the thumps in the air grew louder, and a large white dragon landed next to her. Serena smiled and her deep blue eyes looked into that of Kashet's ice blue. Then, Kashet brought his head down to Serena's chest, Serena obliged the silent demand and scrathed him by the eyes.

:Three thousand feet in less than seven of your minutes,: Kashet's deep voice rang in her head, :better than your last record.:

Serena smiled warmly, "awesome." She said and Kashet lifted his head away, still seeming to smile. He kneaded the ground with his silver claws and closed his silver-membraned wings. Serena started off again at a fast walk, Kashet keeping easily by her side. Just before they came to their intended place, she saw other dragons and riders rendezvousing from all directions with her. Taking a deep breath, Serena stepped out of the woods and into a clearing.

In the middle of the large clearing was a man with brown hair, he had obviously been waiting for him. Next to him was a huge sapphire dragon, watching them with intrest. Serena felt her eyes widen at the size of the dragon and she felt Kashet's respect through the link between them.

"Welcome everyone," the man, whom everyone knew as Eragon, spoke to them loudly. "These are the Crags of Tel'naeir. This is where I trained as a young Dragon Rider and it is where we will train for the next few weeks."

:This was the home of the Legendary Dragon Rider, Oromis and his dragon Glaedr,: the sapphire dragon added.

"Now, please sit on the grass in front of me so we can begin our lesson," Eragon told them. Serena obeyed and sat cross-legged on the ground, Kashet knelt down beside her.

█████░░░
█████░░░
▁▁▁▁▁▁░
C/ ▪ |▪|░✧░
██ ◡’ノ░░░
███v█░░░
███ █░░░ This comment reminds me of a puzzle...
----
Dear Edward Cullen,
You sneak into little girls' rooms and you live forever.
How original.
-Peter Pan
----
Old 12-27-2008, 02:18 AM
Sight of the Stars Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sight of the Stars Send a message via Skype™ to Sight of the Stars

Crystal Estrada and Fortizia

Crystal obediently sat, as did Fortizia.

Hello, Saphira, Jade.the silvery white dragon greeted politely.

Crystal glowered harshly at Fright Knight for not sitting down.

"You have no need to be so difficult," she said softly, her voice smooth and like a sweet melody. Fortizia agreed with a swift, flicker of movement located at her head. It was a slight nod.

Crystal sat calmly, stroking the silvery white dragon's large cheekbones as she swung her head down to the elven girl's body.
[12:38:59 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH"
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."
Old 12-27-2008, 02:46 AM
poke123 Offline

Fright Knight quickly responded to Eragon. Though Eragon disliked that the student had not followed his order, he realized that it did not matter whether he was sitting down or standing up.

Saphira was quick to respond to Scourge's remark.

Patience, little one. We will begin when all the students have gathered, Saphira said to Scourge.

Then she turned to a white dragon who had greeted her.

Greetings, Fortizia, Saphira said to her offspring.

Eragon sighed hoping that the other students would arrive soon. He wanted to start teaching. He decided he would start teaching and when the other students arrived, he would fill them in.

"Now, students, most of you have been Dragon Riders for a full year now, while two of you have been Riders for two years. All your training has been done in the small clearing near the outskirts of Ellesmera. Now, we have chosen to change locations. This was my old training grounds as I mentioned before and now it will be yours. Today's lesson will begin with the history of the Dragon Riders. We will start with their formation," explained Eragon rubbing his hands together.

Saphira craned her neck looking at the students before her. Small puffs of smoke emerged from her nostrils as she made sure everyone was paying attention.

What is the name of the conflict that caused the formation of the Riders to occur? Saphira asked the students.

"And what is the name of that conflict in the Ancient Language?" inquired Eragon.

Last edited by poke123; 12-27-2008 at 02:48 AM.
Old 12-27-2008, 02:48 AM
Dr Robotnik Offline

((We're supposed to know this how?))
Old 12-27-2008, 02:53 AM
Sight of the Stars Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sight of the Stars Send a message via Skype™ to Sight of the Stars

((Yeah, we don't have a photographic memory of the book, ya' know! I even Googled it for good measure-nothing)
[12:38:59 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH"
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."
Old 12-27-2008, 03:01 AM
poke123 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal sonic View Post
((We're supposed to know this how?))
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Wolf of the Snow View Post
((Yeah, we don't have a photographic memory of the book, ya' know! I even Googled it for good measure-nothing)
OOC: Whoops! I gues I forgot to include the link. During the RP, the teachers will ask several questions. This website has most if not all of the info about the Inheritance Trilogy. CLICK HERE

Now, for the question I just asked, this might help a little bit. http://inheritance.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Rider

Is that better?

Sorry again for the confusion.
Old 12-27-2008, 03:05 AM
Dr Robotnik Offline

((Might wanna add that to the first post :/))

"I care not for your history lessons. The Du Fyrn Skublaka, the war between the elves and dragons." He replied quickly

Scourge didn't say anything, but still allowed a bit of black fire to come from his nostrils.
Old 12-27-2008, 03:20 AM
Bumblebee16 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Bumblebee16 Send a message via MSN to Bumblebee16 Send a message via Yahoo to Bumblebee16

Trent and Deryde
Crags of Tel'naeir

Trent slowly approached the small group of riders and their dragons. "Wonder what's going to happen today." Trent said.

"Probably some more training." Deryde said.

"Well we're already late." Trent said yawning. "I didn't sleep well last night."

"I could tell, you kept tossing and turning." Deryde stated. "Were you having that dream again?"

"Yeah but I don't want to talk about it now." Trent said quietly.

Trent could see that the class had already started. Eragon was already asking questions.

"What is the name of the conflict that caused the formation of the Riders to occur? He asked.

"And what is the name of that conflict in the Ancient Language? Saphira said after him.

"That's sort of easy. It was the war between the dragons and the elves I think, but I don't know what its call in the Ancient Language." Trent thought to himself as he and Deryde walked into the little group discussion. He was going to answer, but Fright Knight already answered. Deryde sat down, then Trent sat on the ground, leaning on Derydes belly.

"Sorry we're late." Trent said apologizing.

Old 12-27-2008, 03:28 AM
poke123 Offline

"Very good, Fright Knight. Now, this war caused the deaths of many Elves and Dragons, but it ultimately led to the creation of the Dragon Riders. Without the Dragon Riders, many conflicts would have not been resolved," explained the brown-haired Dragon Rider.

As Eragon was about to speak again, he noticed Trent and Deryde had arrived. The excused themselves for being late. Eragon acknowledged them by nodding.

It's fine. Just make sure you don't make it a habit, Saphira told the pair.

"Now, an elf and his companion, a dragon, were responsible for ending this war. This elf had found an egg and raised the dragon as his own. They grew close and once the dragon was strong enough the flew across Alagaesia sealing treaties between the elves and the dragons. This ended the devastating war. Can anyone name both the dragon and the elf?" asked Eragon.
Old 12-27-2008, 03:33 AM
Dr Robotnik Offline

"An elf of whom you received your name and a dragon by the name of Bid'Daum." Fright Knight replied quickly, not bothering to go through any formalities.