Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 12-26-2008, 11:24 PM
Keiten Offline

Send a message via AIM to Keiten
Default Guardians of Light [SU]

My second Rp. Collision of the Two Teams seems to have died, so... Ah well, such is the way of life. In any case, this time, I'll try harder to maintain it...

Thousands of Years ago, two great realms lived peacefully in seperation, not knowing of one another. The Realm of Light, inhabited by the humans, Elves, and Dwarves, lived existed peacefully. The Realm of the Dark, inhabited by the Vizrwreth, was left alone. The Vizrwreth were creatures of the Dark, having a reptilian appearance, they were covered in scales, and wore cloaks that were imbued with magic, to protect them from the Light. Their realm was always blanketed with twilight. They were peaceful creatures, the Vizrwreth, until an Elf of the Light world forsook the way of his people. He studied Dark Magic, and soon became corrupted with lust for power. When the Dark Elf was caught by the Sages of Light, they banished him to the Realm of the Dark, believing it to be the underworld. Through this act, the Dark Elf gained immense power and vowed to crush the Realm of the Light. He rose to power within the Dark, and soon commanded all of the Vizrwreth. He twisted their minds and corrupted them with his greed, turning them into hateful, deadly creatures. The Dark Elf also summoned creatures of the underworld to inhabit the Realm of the Dark, and soon declared war upton the Light.

The Sages, realizing their grave error, combined their might into creating the Realm of Balance, so that the war could be fought there, instead of their Realm,and in turn, gave up their lives. The war began, and Elves, humans, and Dwarves alike trained to fight the Dark. However, many years passed, and the Light was losing. The Dark Elf simply gained more power, while the Light lost power. Then, it happened. A prophecy was foretold, by a Mage of great skill. Eight heroes of the Light would arise, and push back the Dark, ending the war. However, as soon as the prophet spoke this, he died, so it was never known when this would occur. The war continued on for many more years, the Light's power dwindling. Powerful Mages were slain, and the Warriors of the Light were struck down by magic. Many old types of Magic were rediscovered and used, though they paid a heavy price. The Light waited in fear, waited for either their end, or for the heroes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There is room for seven people to sign up, and I will provide the form in a second. But, I will make a list of possible magics that can be used, and discriptions about each, for the rp.

~~~Magic~~~

Elemental~ An Elemental user can control either Water, Fire, Wind, Earth, or Lighting. This is the safest form of Magic, though it can be dangerous as well. Most can learn the basics of this type, but few can become exceptional.

Celestial~ This is an ancient form of Magic, which uses the power o the moon itself. A Celestial Mage wears a necklace with a small silver crescent moon, where the moon's energy is stored for use. This magic is the hardest to use, a more often than not, the Celestial Mage easily loses their grip on the Magic itself, and lose not only all of their energy stored in the necklace, but become incredibly fatigued. However, this Magic is also used for Healing.

Forbidden~ This is by far the most dangerous of Magic. This magic is only invoked with the use of the Forbidden Language, and users are often limited not by the amount of Magic they have, but by their knowledge of the language. When a word in that language is spoken, such as "Fire", then anything involving fire can occur, such as the user burning up in their own magic, or a nearby forest suddenly igniting. This Magic must more often than not be specific, but the more words that are used, the higher the price. If a single word is spoken, the invoker can simply feel a little numb in their hands and such, which fades after a while, but if fifteen words are spoken, then a person may lose eyesight, or even possibly die the moment the magic has been cast. Forbidden Magic easily overpowers the other Magic, but if it continuously invoked, the person will soon become mute, and not be able to invoke this magic anymore.
~~~~~~

Mage~ A Mage focuses on Magic more than anything and often fights using only magic. However, a Mage does often care a weapon that can easily be used, such as a dagger or knife, so that they may defend themselves.

Warrior~ A Warrior is almost always using a weapon of some sort. Whether it be sword or arrow, they train specifically to use that weapon, though they practice with others. A Warrior also uses magic, sometimes, though they mainly focus on Elemental, and only use it to empower their weapon.
~~~~~~~~
Rules!!!
1- No godmodding or bunnying, please. Don't go around killing things that will be too hard for you to kill normally.
2- No swearing! Minor cussing is fine, like if you're in a tight situation, that's understandable, but no need for thr f-bomb.
3- Pg-13 please. Kissing, holding hands, hugging, is acceptable, but no... ah, explicit stuff is required, nor does it need to be implied.
4- Don't skip time because you feel you need to, either. I'll determine if skipping time is needed, and if you feel it's so, then just PM me, with the subject as "Time" and I'll get to you ASAP.

Name: (First and Last)
Race: (Elf, Human, Dwarf only)
Style: (Mage or Warrior, only one)
Magic Type: (Elemental, Celestial, or Forbidden)
Weapon of choice: (For Mages, keep it simple. Daggers and such are ok, but they shouldn't walk around with battle axes)

Appearance: (At least six lines please)

Personality: (At least six lines)

Background: (Six lines again)

Other:

Well, let the sign-ups begin.

~~~~Accepted~~~~
Nataelong Yannen~(Pokol DaErran)
Terron Grantor~(Grsspkmnmaster)
Alassė Bainwen~(Meshi)
Zaphrye~(MSUK)

~~~~Reserved~~~~

Crystal Estrada~(White Wolf of the Snow)
????~(-Pichu Boy-)
????~(Blane147)
????~(Alana Marie)
????~(The Frozen Prince)

The Role Play will begin as soon as we have enough people, so be patient to those who care! Lol. But I'm opening a discussion thread, for those who wish to ask questions on anything that is unclear.

Last edited by Keiten; 01-04-2009 at 03:51 AM.
Old 12-27-2008, 12:00 AM
Keiten Offline

Send a message via AIM to Keiten
Default My character

Since I'll control the roleplay, my character will be stronger than most, but dont worry, he won't go around owning everythin in sign. He'll be there mostly to aid your characters, and help them become stronger.

Name: Daarke
Race: Elf
Age: 152 (it's basically 20, in human years, since Elves live far longer than humans)
Style: Warrior-Mage
Magic Type: Trained in all, specifically Forbidden
Weapon of choice: Daarke's weapon of choice is a sword named Kirssda. The sword has no true form and is simply a corporeal form of pure Darkness. While Kirssda can change forms, it is always a type of sword, generally a broadsword. The sword has a gilded crossguard when solid, and has an etheral sort of gemstone in the guard and pommel. These attributes are always visible in any form it takes, but the blade itself always has silvery glowing symbols on them, that seem to dance along the blade, and the symbols are always different.

Appearance: Daarke has silver eyes that are slitted, almost dragon-like. He has jet black hair that is spiked down and cover his eyes, though it also has a sort of messy appearance. He wears a black cloak with a silver edge, which is always open in the front, though the collar is always closed and up, covering half his face. Daarke is tall and, despite his age, is young for an Elf. He trained most of his life in a Realm different than the other Realms, where time flows differently, so he had close to a thousand years of training, so he is still young. His face is flawless, except for a long scar that goes down his right eye, which doesn't seem to ever heal, and can cause him great pain at random times, and at times, it appears he cannot see with it, while at other times, his perception with the right eye is almost considered godly.

Personality: Daarke is a very quiet person, who tends to watch out for himself. However, he has sworn an oath to train the Heros that were proclaimed to appear in the prophecy, and, because of this, does not bind himself to any queen or king, lest they keep him from his oath. Daarke is a very straightforward person, who generally doesn't look for friendship. Daarke has been offered the position of general for many armies, but he always declines, claiming that he could never live with himself for leading men to their deaths.

Background: Daarke was actually born in the Realm of the Dark, and is the son of the Dark Elf who betrayed the Light. However, Daarke hated his father and left when he was still a mere child. When he appeared in the Realm of the Light, he was immediately taken prisoner by an army. When taken to a queen, she demanded he be excecuted, but just before it happened, a Mage appeared before them, and declared that Daarke was a child of the Prophecy. Because of this, he was taken into training by the Mage, into a realm where time flowed differently. Daarke trained with the Mage, but the Mage was old, and died soon after. Daarke was forced to train himself, and soon mastered the three Magics. However, a creature of the Dark appeared in the realm soon after, and Daarke barely won, though the creature somewhat blinded him in his right eye.

Other: Daarke also has an affinity with wolves and ravens, and he seems to be able to communicate with them, sometimes asking for their help when in battle.
Old 12-27-2008, 12:31 PM
Meshi Offline

Default Re: My character

Can you reserve me a spot please?

This is something I can definitely do.
Old 12-27-2008, 01:08 PM
Sight of the Stars Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sight of the Stars Send a message via Skype™ to Sight of the Stars
Default Re: Guardians of Light [SU]

Reserve me.

Name:
Crystal Estrada

Race:
Elf

Style:
Warrior

Magic Type:
Elemental- Fire

Weapon of choice:
A large, gnarled staff with a glowing red orb on top, which enhances the effectivenes of her magic.

Appearance:
-strikes deal- A pic and three lines, mmk?

Personality: (At least six lines)

Background: (Six lines again)

Other:
[12:38:59 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH"
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."

Last edited by Sight of the Stars; 12-30-2008 at 12:03 AM.
Old 12-27-2008, 05:57 PM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-

This looks cool, plus, I want to get back into Role-playing :D

Reserve me a spot, please.
Old 12-27-2008, 07:20 PM
Sight of the Stars Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sight of the Stars Send a message via Skype™ to Sight of the Stars

-mouth drops open-

I never even knew you Role Played.

OMG!

So pwnsome.

A flood of fanpeeps should be flowing in here in five... four... three... two...
[12:38:59 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH"
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."
Old 12-27-2008, 07:53 PM
The Frozen Prince Offline

Send a message via AIM to The Frozen Prince Send a message via MSN to The Frozen Prince Send a message via Yahoo to The Frozen Prince

Reserve me as a Mage please and I will get the SU up as soon as possible.

{Avvie and Sig by Me}

Old 12-27-2008, 07:54 PM
Alana Marie Offline

Alana Resrves a spot in is hurr RP.

Curz MooMoo and I are planning worlddominationyes and this is whurr it shall startz :D

>:D RESERVE MEH!
Old 12-27-2008, 08:45 PM
Pokol DaErran Offline

Name: Nataelong Yannen
Race: Human
Style: Warrior
Magic Type: Elemental (Lightning)
Weapon of choice: Unarmed Attack
Appearance: I'm no good at this, so... PICTURE TIME!
Personality: Nate (as I prefer to call him) is always energetic and ready to do things. What he's doing doesn't matter, as long as he's doing something. Even if he's doing nothing, he'll be happy. But if he's not doing anything, he'll go on the warpath until he makes something happen. Being infused with the power of Lightning, he moves at a faster pace than the rest of civilization, and he's not afraid to show it; he's prone to trying to rush even the most delicate operations along. He's also somewhat flamboyant, but it's hard to imagine him any other way. Despite his demaneor, he actually cares a lot about other people's problems (to a fault). He also prefers to be anonomyous, although this is mostly because he doesn't want to waste time telling people who he is.
Background: Nate grew up in a middle-class family. The father was an inkeeper, and his house was on the inn's third floor, so he's pretty familiar with foreign individuals. When he was young, he would ocassionally sneak out of his bed at night to listen to the tales the characters that visited at that time told. He was always well-fed, but constantly aware of the hunger of those on the streets (to the point where the food cabniet had to be locked to save the inn from his "donations"). Eventually, however, war fell upon his city. When Nataelong was thirteen, his father was killed by a dark magician, and he ran away with his mother to a rural town. His mother was taken into hiding, and he was ported out again to a monastery, where he studied magic and eventually learned how to energize himself with the power of Lightning. After training for three-and-a-half years, he was booted out of the monastery for accidentally attracting a monster raid by practicing magic in the night-time, and lived the life of a wandering adventurer til the time of the RP.
Other: Nataelong uses lightning to invigorate his body rather than his weapon (which technically is his weapon) which makes him faster than most people but also decreses his physical strength.

So, will that do it?

Last edited by Pokol DaErran; 12-28-2008 at 12:19 AM.
Old 12-28-2008, 01:12 AM
Grsspkmnmaster Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Grsspkmnmaster

Name: Terron Grantor
Race: Dwarf
Style: Warrior
Magic Type: Elemental, Earth
Weapon of choice: Dual chain maces attatched at his wrists. Imagine a wristband with a chain attatched to it, and then a mace ball more like a wrecking ball attatched at the end.
Appearance: He is rather short (duh) considering his dwarven ancestry, and he stands at a solid 4 feet tall, but has the muscle power of two horses. He can effectively carry his mace-like weapons for days without tiring, but running with them causes a great challenge. He is rather stocky, and built like a granite slab. He often wears a leather tunic, a belt filled with various knives (not combat daggers), and has a belt pouch containing multiple lockpicking devices. His hair is a reddish brown color, and reaches to about his neck. He has no beard, but has a mustache.
Personality: He is tough and burly, and likes a good laugh at anything but himself. If you have half a brain, you shouldn't comment on his size, or get him angry. He fights like a cornered bear when angered, and he will often do more damage to himself than others in this rage. Otherwise, he is rather kind, loyal, and ready to fight at all times. He doesn't like to run, but will do any other physical activity, and prefers it over doing nothing. He always is in a good mood, and is the first one to crack a joke at the nearest oppurtunity.
Background: Though he resides in and now fights for the Realm of Light, his background is more shady than suspected. He was a criminal, a common pickpocket, and robbed the occasional bank, but other than that, his record is clean. He had been extradicted in order to use his stealth skills to fight for the Realm of Light, and is now on the move. The authorities warned that if he tried anything below the law, they will take him back in. He has recently started learning the Earth elemental Magic, and uses it to shift anything that is made of stone or dirt.

Old 01-01-2009, 02:29 AM
CandleJack Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to CandleJack

Name
Zaphrye

Race
Human

Style
Warrior

Magic Type
Elemental(More specifically, lightning)

Weapon Of Choice
A mysterious dagger he found as a child, and a memento of a murder that happened in his childhood. The dagger is known to respond to major stimulus in the brain, increase in blood pressure, emotional status, and increase in negative energy inside him. A tribal signature is engraved which is allegedly his family's crest.

Appearance
He isn't a character that stands out in terms of attire and appearance, as he usually makes sure that he's unseen a vast majority of the time. His face is almost completely covered, apart from his eyes(He has green pupils) which are distorted, swollen, and bloodshot the majority of the time. His main garments consist of rags, and his hands are covered with gloves. He has a tattoo on his right shoulder, resemblant to that of tribal symbol engraved onto the dagger that he wields as his weapon, though he purposely keeps it hidden for unknown reasons. His skin is pale white, and barely exposed due to the long rags of his garments draped around the majority of him down to his calfs. His garments are beige and washed out due to the age of them, though those who have gotten a detailed sight of the guy have rumored that his garments change to a navy, dark, uninviting blue colour due to the 'luminosity of the moon'. Many consider him to be inhuman, and crudely mocked as a 'mutant', despite being an offspring of a human couple.

Personality
Zaphrye avoids complete social contact with almost everyone and everything, and will evade places that are highly populated. Zaphrye is completely mysterious, with any emotional showcase being a huge rarity. In most cases, Zaphrye usually shows little care in happenings around him, and will only react to any non-concerning situations if it threatens his life.
It is however rumored that Zaphrye's dark, negative and obstinate personality is simply a facade to leer off anybody who displays interest in him. It's been rumored that Zaphrye writes in a journal, which contains his true insights on the world, his outlook towards to people who have displayed a persistent interest in him, and his true juvenility.

Background
Zaphrye was son to a couple in a small village, his father being the chief, and his mother being a beloved shopkeeper and part-time blacksmith. His father displayed an unconventional, extreme, and generally an over-the-top interest in the works and wonders of lightning, and would usually be found speculating and admiring thunderstorms in every single chance that approached him. These became so extreme at points that he would rush up to high peaks in mountains where these were occurring, just to see what would occur if he was struck by it.
It's been rumored that one day, he returned to a village from a short trek to the mountain ranges nearby, after a thunderstorm had occurred(which seemed ordinary to many that knew him). However, his behavior had a slight 'difference' in it.
The coming night, Zaphrye heard a terrible, loud, and chilling scream outside, which startled him. He decided to come out of the hut to find the exact source of this. And it was there where he witnessed a scene which would forever be incised in his mind for the rest of his life. He saw his mother, on the ground, black soot covering her beautiful skin, and burnt grass surrounding her...lifeless. And there, beside her, was his father, who had a...sinister expression on his face. and in a flash, he disappeared, only leaving a small dagger, radiating tiny sparks.
It was then that the villagers witnessed a different scene, Zaphrye crouching and mourning beside his late mother. The villagers predicted the worst, and exiled him from the village.

Last edited by CandleJack; 01-01-2009 at 04:50 AM.
Old 01-01-2009, 02:32 AM
Meshi Offline

Name:

Alassė (Ah-lahs-say) Bainwen (Bine-wehn)

Race:

Elf

Female

Style:

Warrior

Magic Type:

Elemental - Fire

Weapon of choice:

Alassė's weapon of choice is her Elven bow, every arrow coated with an Elven magic that when enters the body of the intended, burns up and aspreads through the body at a top speed. At times, when the magic is strong, it causes inner combustion.

Appearance:

Alassė is a young elven girl, so, naturally, she is beautiful. On her pale white face, her eyes are the lightest blue of a lagoon, well shadowed by her thick silver eyelashes. Though, her face is barely visible from her long silver hair, her fringe covers most of her face, only showing half her left eye, her nose and sweetly pink lips. Her elegantly well built body is covered by a white material than seems to be skin tight, showing her tight muscles well. Alassė wears a robe, always open and held back by her shoulders, it is clipped onto the white and silver armour than was made to the shape of her upper body. When not in battle, she wears it as it is supposed to be, hiding her front and most of her legs with the hood up. Her small feet are covered by her Elvish sandals that here mother enjoys making for her time and time again. They have her initials on the side in a different material, one much darker than the white they sit on. The bottom is covered with an unknown material, but it always makes good for grip on a slippery surface or for climbing up into places.

Personality:

It is of great rarity to see Alassė in a foul mood, though her element is fire her temper is like a calm wind. But when this does happen, she becomes a completely different person, sour to everything good in sight. She is usually in a good mood, almost flying with joy, and can always see something negative as positive. Alassė is a good person to befriend, she is loyal and committed to anything and everything important. She is one to take an arrow for a much loved friend, to take another's punishment if they can take no more. She likes being in a team, but likes being independent more. Going into battle and going on missions or errands, she is better at it on her own because she knows that she is fighting without having to remember any strategies that have bee gone through. Suffering isn't what she likes to see in those who do not deserve it, it lowers her mood a little, but doesn't depress her into spacing out and reliving ridiculously sad memories. Alassė's memories are mostly happy, there are some sad ones like any other normal person. Her happiness isn't because she does not know much, she is quite intelligent and aware of everything around her. At times, she can show that she knows too much for her own good.

Background:

Alassė was born and raised in the Realm of Light, knowing only of all that was good and happy. But she was not naive, she knew of the Realm of Darkness, reading about it whenever she could slip away from the world of parental watch. Every time she was caught reading a book that had nothing to do with the Realm of Light, she would be deprived of things that made her happy in order to make her proper, but this never worked. Alassė wanted to know more and more, and every time she was stopped, her curiosity heightened greatly. Most of the things she knows, she taught herself because she knew no one else would. She was the only child her mother could concieve, and remained that way until her parents adopted a young Elven boy who she protects with her life s she had always wanted a sibling. Alassė was alone most of her childhood, filling up her time with reading and practicing her magic outside training hours. The extra stuff she knows is because of this. She wasn't used to having friends until she was a little older, but even then she didn't see them as often as they'd wanted her to. When she became a lot older, she started being a little more social, knowing most people in her living area.

Other:

8D
Old 01-08-2009, 11:55 AM
CandleJack Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to CandleJack

...So, is this actually going to be started, or what?
Old 01-08-2009, 05:14 PM
Pokol DaErran Offline

I'm glad I got in, and agreed!
I can already feel the awesomeness radiating from this RP, and it hasn't even started yet :P

Old 01-08-2009, 08:20 PM
Meshi Offline

By the looks of things, this thing's not even gonna have lift off >_>.