Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Fourth Generation

Fourth Generation Discuss the fourth generation Pokemon games: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-22-2008, 10:43 AM
Sky discharge's Avatar
Sky discharge Offline
Amateur Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 57
Default Best bug pokemon?

Which bug pokemon do you think is the best and why.

The candidates are...

-Yanmega
-Scizor
-Forretress
-Heracross
-Ninjask
-Shedinja

( Please tell me if something should be added or taken away )
__________________

D/P Name: Scott
Friend Code: 1891 9179 7700
If i am online, pm me and i will battle
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-22-2008, 10:47 AM
Assaundrell Yumerai's Avatar
Assaundrell Yumerai Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Where ninjas and Pokemons are
Posts: 1,517
Send a message via Skype™ to Assaundrell Yumerai
Default Re: Best bug pokemon?

Hmmm.. seems like you mimic one of my threads...

Anyways, I think Shedinja, but it only had one HP.
And try to add all from first generation until fourth, I guess.
__________________
I liek Mew I love Mew
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-22-2008, 10:53 AM
Sky discharge's Avatar
Sky discharge Offline
Amateur Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 57
Default Re: Best bug pokemon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assaundrell Yumerai View Post
Hmmm.. seems like you mimic one of my threads...

Anyways, I think Shedinja, but it only had one HP.
And try to add all from first generation until fourth, I guess.
Oh sorry i forgot to search and i was adding the ones i think and others said are the best.
__________________

D/P Name: Scott
Friend Code: 1891 9179 7700
If i am online, pm me and i will battle
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-22-2008, 10:54 AM
Assaundrell Yumerai's Avatar
Assaundrell Yumerai Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Where ninjas and Pokemons are
Posts: 1,517
Send a message via Skype™ to Assaundrell Yumerai
Default Re: Best bug pokemon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky discharge View Post
Oh sorry i forgot to search and i was adding the ones i think and others said are the best.
It's okay, but I think this belongs to General Pokemon Board ( I guess )
Anyways, Yanmega is cool, too.
__________________
I liek Mew I love Mew
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-22-2008, 12:07 PM
atucker22's Avatar
atucker22 Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Nice Try Stalker
Posts: 1,747
Default Re: Best bug pokemon?

I say scyther but he's not up there so I choose Scizor
__________________
Hatch: 1640 Complete
Scrafty: 1742 Complete
Level100: 1965
The "FireMaster" banner done by Thunder1990 My VPP Stats
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-22-2008, 12:45 PM
WatchMeBeQuieter's Avatar
WatchMeBeQuieter Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 633
Default Re: Best bug pokemon?

Out of these choices, Heracross; Disregarding these choices, Heracross.
__________________

Hork-Bajir . . . . Taxxon
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-22-2008, 03:19 PM
Viva la Gofre's Avatar
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Merry Old England
Posts: 1,540
Default Re: Best bug pokemon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assaundrell Yumerai View Post
Hmmm.. seems like you mimic one of my threads...

Anyways, I think Shedinja, but it only had one HP.
And try to add all from first generation until fourth, I guess.
I'm sorry, I never realised you invented the concept of "Which is best?"

:|

Anyway, it's not really an answerable question, because each of those bugs has a different role. Yanmega is a special sweeper, while ninjask is a passer. Forretress is a wall, while heracross is a physical sweeper. It's like comparing blissey and machamp- both do completely different jobs and trying to draw a valid connection is pretty silly. Of the list however I'd say heracross is most effective at its intended purpose, however scizor is reputedy an amazing poke in platinum.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-22-2008, 04:20 PM
Beavs1Fan's Avatar
Beavs1Fan Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: lunar wing made my sig
Posts: 690
Send a message via MSN to Beavs1Fan
Default Re: Best bug pokemon?

I think it has to be Scizor. that is probably the best. but shedinja is good too, well, if you are fighting a person with no one hit ko moves.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-22-2008, 04:48 PM
Lucario of Light's Avatar
Lucario of Light Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Under your bed
Posts: 285
Default Re: Best bug pokemon?

Shedinja for sure if you don't have the right Pokemon in your team your done for if your opponent has Shedinja.
__________________
FC:3952-8818-1970
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-23-2008, 10:02 AM
Assaundrell Yumerai's Avatar
Assaundrell Yumerai Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Where ninjas and Pokemons are
Posts: 1,517
Send a message via Skype™ to Assaundrell Yumerai
Default Re: Best bug pokemon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gofre View Post
I'm sorry, I never realised you invented the concept of "Which is best?"
It's not that, I'm just surprised.
Anyways, Ninjask would be a good choice but, the only thing that increases to it was it's speed.
__________________
I liek Mew I love Mew
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-23-2008, 06:05 PM
-Holland-'s Avatar
-Holland- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 4 8 15 16 23 42
Posts: 2,494
Send a message via AIM to -Holland- Send a message via MSN to -Holland- Send a message via Yahoo to -Holland-
Default Re: Best bug pokemon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assaundrell Yumerai View Post
It's not that, I'm just surprised.
Anyways, Ninjask would be a good choice but, the only thing that increases to it was it's speed.
Ninjask is cool, but if he doesn't pull off a late game sweep (somehow) with Swords Dance, or Baton Pass the easiest Speed boosts ever, then he's just dead weight. He hates Swampert with a passion, too.

Anyway, the best Bug Pokemon for me is Heracross. Scizor is cool, but even as he's really amazing in Platinum, he's very much hindered by the fact that he's so damn predictable because of it. The worst thing for him is that while he's as powerful and predictable as Garchomp, his Speed leaves him susceptible to Heatran and anything else faster with a Steel resistance that wants to blow him to hell. Even if a berry saves him from his one and only weakness, his Speed is still going to let him down. But, uh, if there's anything right next to Heracross, it's Yanmega. No one really uses it in favor of a metagame that drives for Speed at all times, but Tinted Lens is an incredible ability, and if you pair it with a Choice Scarf, Yanmega can make for a badass revenge killer if you have a Rapid Spinner (like Donphan).
__________________
4 8 15 16 23 42

My Battle Log
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-23-2008, 07:27 PM
Elite Dialga's Avatar
Elite Dialga Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Skyrim
Posts: 604
Default Re: Best bug pokemon?

I'd say Heracross for sure, maybe its because I like sweepers but my experience suggests that Heracross is the best mostly, especially in speed battles. I do like Scizor but 4X weakness = epic fail.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-23-2008, 07:48 PM
shucklerules's Avatar
shucklerules Offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,365
Default Re: Best bug pokemon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Dialga View Post
I'd say Heracross for sure, maybe its because I like sweepers but my experience suggests that Heracross is the best mostly, especially in speed battles. I do like Scizor but 4X weakness = epic fail.
Herracross has a 4x weakness to flying so i cant see how you say Scizor is epic fail.
__________________
0388 4658 3013

Add xGapz on PSN
Add xGapz on XBL
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-24-2008, 05:56 AM
Elite Dialga's Avatar
Elite Dialga Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Skyrim
Posts: 604
Default Re: Best bug pokemon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shucklerules View Post
Herracross has a 4x weakness to flying so i cant see how you say Scizor is epic fail.
Scizor lacks speed greatly, unlike Heracross & gets outspeeded easily even by pokemon as slow as Heatran, Heracross can outspeed many pokemon, because of which its 4X weakness is more than compensated, unlike Scizor who usually sits there to get knocked out by anything with a steel resistance or which can outspeed it, which is exactly why Heracross is much better than Scizor......

Last edited by Elite Dialga; 12-24-2008 at 09:27 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-24-2008, 06:41 AM
Daigon's Avatar
Daigon Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Trenton, New Jersey
Posts: 1,631
Send a message via AIM to Daigon
Default Re: Best bug pokemon?


I would choose Heracross
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com