Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 12-17-2008, 12:59 AM
Jager's Avatar
Jager Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 38
Default Re: Pokemon Mythology

poke123: There are a few things that I'd like to point out. The anime has clarified some things about the mythology.

For example, Ho-oh created the legendary beasts, which are composed of Entei, Raikou, and Suicune. Ho-oh is sometimes considered "master of the skies"

Another example, Lugia is the "master" of the Legendary birds. Lugia is sometimes considered "master of the seas"
JAGER MOMENT!!!!

Okay, you got Lugia correct. As the Guardian. We know this. Plus Ho-oh didnt create Entei, Suicune, and Raikou. Ho-oh Mearly brought them back to life after they were killed in the Tower being burnt in Ekrutek City (I think is the citys name) in Johto. Go read about it. Plus the 3 Legendary Beast were created from the Elements. Raikou was born from Lighting, Entei born in a Volcano, and Suicune was born from the Water.

So feel free to write more. I love convo's like these.
__________________

Last edited by Jager; 12-17-2008 at 01:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-17-2008, 01:38 AM
Professor Geoffrey's Avatar
Professor Geoffrey Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: My laboratory.
Posts: 6,512
Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey
Default Re: Pokemon Mythology

As a self-proclaimed Pokemon Professor, I have a few points to bring to light.

(A professor of Pokemon Mytholgy and how it relates to the science and behavior of Pokemon.)

I am thankful you put Mew at the top, but Arceus comes after, as the father of Dialga and Palkia, and possibly Giratina.

In Pokemon Mythology, Lugia is considered the "leader" or "alpha" of the legendary birds, I'll give you that. But Ho-oh never created the legendary dogs. Before they were reborn through Ho-oh's mystical powers, they were three unnamed beasts, as stated in G/S/C. We have no actual proof whom their true mother or father is.

I do think you're right with a few things. Dialga as the keeper of time, Palkia as the keeper of space... I'll add Giratina as keeper of the different dimensions, but Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza made the earth together, in mythology. Groudon made the continents, Kyogre made the seas, and Rayquaza, the atmosphere. Before their time, Arceus, Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina reined. Mew existed, but as she resembles Gaia (or Terra), she lets the big dogs rule her world.

Also, adding Regigigas, Regirock, Registeel, and Regice, note that they are the extra parts to Groudon's features. Regigigas formed what the three Regis made, and even Groudon's continents. Remember that if Groudon made soil (due to being a ground type and not a rock), Regirock added the actual hard, earthy material. Regice made the polar ice caps, and Registeel made the refined earth, or the special minerals we call iron, bronze, diamond, etc.

All of the other legendaries must have come from the more original ones, original meaning the creators of the world. This branch of "other legendaries" include; Lugia, Ho-oh, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Celebi, Deoxys, Jirachi, Shaymin, Phione, Manaphy, Heatran, Azelf, Uxie, Mesprit, Darkrai, Cresselia, Latias, and Latios. This branch would probably also hold the Regis.

The funny thing is, I see Azelf, Uxie, and Mesprit as Mars (Ares), Minerva (Athena), and Veritas in Roman Mythology. Azelf resembles Mars because of willpower, or valor. Uxie resembles Minerva because of wisdom, or acuity. And Mesprit resembles Veritas because of truth, and verity. Funny things, eh?

I see Celebi and Shaymin to be a lot like Ceres (Demeter) and Proserpina (Persephone). I don't know who is who, but they both sort of resemble the same things, sort of.

Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Entei, and Raikou just seem to be "there" for me...

I keep trying to relate Suicune to zephyr, even though Suicune is supposed to resemble the north wind, and in Latin, zephyr being the west...

Darkrai and Cresselia are two halves of Diana (Artemis), sort of. They both represent phases of the moon, so you can see why I relate them. Except Darkrai reminds me of Eris a little bit, the goddess of discord or strife.

Kyogre and Manaphy are like Neptune (Poseidon) and Triton, respectively.

Giratina, along with the dimensions, may rule the dead, being the equivalent of Pluto (Hades).

Heatran reminds me of Vulcan (Hephaestus), the fire god, or volcano god. Entei was also associated withe volcanoes, so...

Latias, Latios, and Deoxys are pretty much the only Pokemon I can't really cover today. Deoxys is a spacial Pokemon... I could relate him to Aether, but he's more worth Palkia's time, not Deoxys'. Latias and Latios could be associated with the east and west winds, but I don't know...

Well, after this long post, you may know a little more than you wanted to know about Pokemon mythology... hate it!


XIV - Geoffrey - XIV
__________________
❒ SINGLE ❒ TAKEN ✔ LAPRAS RIDER
The Professor of Pokémon Elite 2000.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-17-2008, 01:45 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng's Avatar
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: What's a "location"?
Posts: 4,065
Default Re: Pokemon Mythology

Wasn't Deoxys from some space virus from outer space?
__________________
What's a "signature"?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-17-2008, 01:55 AM
Jager's Avatar
Jager Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 38
Default Re: Pokemon Mythology

If anyone doesnt see my chart right, the Line that points them all out is from Mew, No one other than Entei Raikou and Suicune, because its initialed by the Birds. But yeah, thier all lined to Mew. So if theres any confusion, iam sorry. Lolz, i stated the Legendary Dogs werent made by Ho-oh earlyer, to a Post to Pokemon123 i think. So i think were on the same page.

But like my chart says, its a crappy one, so not to many people i think can read it well. Better start working on the 2ed ver.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-17-2008, 01:58 AM
Professor Geoffrey's Avatar
Professor Geoffrey Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: My laboratory.
Posts: 6,512
Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey
Default Re: Pokemon Mythology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
Wasn't Deoxys from some space virus from outer space?
Not necessarily a virus, per se. If it were, it would have been violent. It only did so much destruction due to desperation (for his/her friend) and ignorance (lack of information that the technology was fragile and needed).

Funny - I type up a full report on Pokemon Mythology, and nobody does so much as comment it. Dx


XIV - Geoffrey - XIV
__________________
❒ SINGLE ❒ TAKEN ✔ LAPRAS RIDER
The Professor of Pokémon Elite 2000.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12-17-2008, 02:11 AM
-PK's Avatar
-PK Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 7)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Your pants!
Posts: 7,662
Default Re: Pokemon Mythology

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Requiem of Verities View Post
Not necessarily a virus, per se. If it were, it would have been violent. It only did so much destruction due to desperation (for his/her friend) and ignorance (lack of information that the technology was fragile and needed).

Funny - I type up a full report on Pokemon Mythology, and nobody does so much as comment it. Dx


XIV - Geoffrey - XIV
Thats because no one cares about long posts anymore, if you haven't noticed.


And yes, Deoxys is a space virus, and it doesn't have to be 100% violent, though it is a virus.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-17-2008, 02:20 AM
Niro's Avatar
Niro Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Spring Hill, Fl
Posts: 838
Send a message via AIM to Niro Send a message via MSN to Niro
Default Re: Pokemon Mythology

I can see Latios and Latias being some weird way the offspring of Palkia, via there species. "The Eon" pokemon. Eon is a interval of time, and Palkia controls it. Idk, random thought.
__________________
White FC:
Gold FC: 3138 8184 9288

"A true man never frets about his place in the world, but just slides into it by the gravitation of his nature, and swings there as easily as a star." Credit to Gemma for avvie.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-17-2008, 07:10 AM
theajshow's Avatar
theajshow Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Edmonds, WA
Posts: 235
Default Re: Pokemon Mythology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jager View Post
If anyone doesnt see my chart right, the Line that points them all out is from Mew, No one other than Entei Raikou and Suicune, because its initialed by the Birds. But yeah, thier all lined to Mew. So if theres any confusion, iam sorry. Lolz, i stated the Legendary Dogs werent made by Ho-oh earlyer, to a Post to Pokemon123 i think. So i think were on the same page.

But like my chart says, its a crappy one, so not to many people i think can read it well. Better start working on the 2ed ver.
I don't think your chart is crappy. Sure, it needs some work, but it's got a lot of discussion going. I'm anxious to see what else you come up with. I think a big key is to fit in the 3 key Gen. III legendaries, then after that, the rest should fall into place. But keep at it, you'll get there.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-17-2008, 09:58 PM
Jager's Avatar
Jager Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 38
Default Re: Pokemon Mythology

Quote:
Originally Posted by theajshow View Post
I don't think your chart is crappy. Sure, it needs some work, but it's got a lot of discussion going. I'm anxious to see what else you come up with. I think a big key is to fit in the 3 key Gen. III legendaries, then after that, the rest should fall into place. But keep at it, you'll get there.
I know what ya mean. I seriously cant wait to see what the next one will be. I think everyone liked my Mythology because it has pictures XDDDD.... Everyone cant say they only read Text Books... Everyone needs atleast 1 picture lolz.

Iam going to my brothers tonight in Manchester, so i will be away for a awhile. But i should be back on later tomorrow morning with a new Chart.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-19-2008, 10:53 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng's Avatar
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: What's a "location"?
Posts: 4,065
Default Re: Pokemon Mythology

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Requiem of Verities View Post
Not necessarily a virus, per se. If it were, it would have been violent. It only did so much destruction due to desperation (for his/her friend) and ignorance (lack of information that the technology was fragile and needed).

Funny - I type up a full report on Pokemon Mythology, and nobody does so much as comment it. Dx


XIV - Geoffrey - XIV
Hey, I commented part of it, at least. And I doubt he'll miss out much of yours as he makes his new chart...
__________________
What's a "signature"?
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-06-2009, 11:53 PM
theajshow's Avatar
theajshow Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Edmonds, WA
Posts: 235
Default Re: Pokemon Mythology

So, have you (or anyone for that matter) made a new chart? I liked the 1st version and I think alot of us were looking forward to the 2nd. It at least was a good conversation starter.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-07-2009, 04:40 AM
Realityxxx's Avatar
Realityxxx Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Finding a Doredia
Posts: 4,034
Send a message via AIM to Realityxxx
Default Re: Pokemon Mythology

Quote:
Originally Posted by -PK View Post
And yes, Deoxys is a space virus, and it doesn't have to be 100% violent, though it is a virus.
Wasn't Deoxys the DNA Pokemon? After all, it keeps resureccting itself, and i'm pretty sure that in the Pokedex, it said it was a DNA Pokemon.
__________________
URPG l VPP
あたまの はなかざりの かおりには リラックスさせる こうかが ある。ていれを なまけると かれてし まう。

The aroma from the flower decoration on it's head has a relaxing effect. It will wither if it is not cared for.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-12-2009, 12:11 PM
Moac's Avatar
Moac Offline
New Trainer
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4
Default Re: Pokemon Mythology

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Requiem of Verities View Post
As a self-proclaimed Pokemon Professor, I have a few points to bring to light.

(A professor of Pokemon Mytholgy and how it relates to the science and behavior of Pokemon.)

I am thankful you put Mew at the top, but Arceus comes after, as the father of Dialga and Palkia, and possibly Giratina.

In Pokemon Mythology, Lugia is considered the "leader" or "alpha" of the legendary birds, I'll give you that. But Ho-oh never created the legendary dogs. Before they were reborn through Ho-oh's mystical powers, they were three unnamed beasts, as stated in G/S/C. We have no actual proof whom their true mother or father is.

I do think you're right with a few things. Dialga as the keeper of time, Palkia as the keeper of space... I'll add Giratina as keeper of the different dimensions, but Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza made the earth together, in mythology. Groudon made the continents, Kyogre made the seas, and Rayquaza, the atmosphere. Before their time, Arceus, Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina reined. Mew existed, but as she resembles Gaia (or Terra), she lets the big dogs rule her world.

Also, adding Regigigas, Regirock, Registeel, and Regice, note that they are the extra parts to Groudon's features. Regigigas formed what the three Regis made, and even Groudon's continents. Remember that if Groudon made soil (due to being a ground type and not a rock), Regirock added the actual hard, earthy material. Regice made the polar ice caps, and Registeel made the refined earth, or the special minerals we call iron, bronze, diamond, etc.

All of the other legendaries must have come from the more original ones, original meaning the creators of the world. This branch of "other legendaries" include; Lugia, Ho-oh, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Celebi, Deoxys, Jirachi, Shaymin, Phione, Manaphy, Heatran, Azelf, Uxie, Mesprit, Darkrai, Cresselia, Latias, and Latios. This branch would probably also hold the Regis.

The funny thing is, I see Azelf, Uxie, and Mesprit as Mars (Ares), Minerva (Athena), and Veritas in Roman Mythology. Azelf resembles Mars because of willpower, or valor. Uxie resembles Minerva because of wisdom, or acuity. And Mesprit resembles Veritas because of truth, and verity. Funny things, eh?

I see Celebi and Shaymin to be a lot like Ceres (Demeter) and Proserpina (Persephone). I don't know who is who, but they both sort of resemble the same things, sort of.

Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Entei, and Raikou just seem to be "there" for me...

I keep trying to relate Suicune to zephyr, even though Suicune is supposed to resemble the north wind, and in Latin, zephyr being the west...

Darkrai and Cresselia are two halves of Diana (Artemis), sort of. They both represent phases of the moon, so you can see why I relate them. Except Darkrai reminds me of Eris a little bit, the goddess of discord or strife.

Kyogre and Manaphy are like Neptune (Poseidon) and Triton, respectively.

Giratina, along with the dimensions, may rule the dead, being the equivalent of Pluto (Hades).

Heatran reminds me of Vulcan (Hephaestus), the fire god, or volcano god. Entei was also associated withe volcanoes, so...

Latias, Latios, and Deoxys are pretty much the only Pokemon I can't really cover today. Deoxys is a spacial Pokemon... I could relate him to Aether, but he's more worth Palkia's time, not Deoxys'. Latias and Latios could be associated with the east and west winds, but I don't know...

Well, after this long post, you may know a little more than you wanted to know about Pokemon mythology... hate it!


XIV - Geoffrey - XIV
I see you Know alot about Mythology. Would Mew represents Cronus? the father of Zeus? was Cronus the Creator God?
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-31-2009, 12:56 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng's Avatar
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: What's a "location"?
Posts: 4,065
Default Re: Pokemon Mythology

Funny. Where is the new chart? And where is he himself, for that matter?
__________________
What's a "signature"?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-28-2009, 08:39 AM
theajshow's Avatar
theajshow Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Edmonds, WA
Posts: 235
Default Re: Pokemon Mythology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
Funny. Where is the new chart? And where is he himself, for that matter?
Eh, he'll get to it when he gets to it. Hmm, maybe we pressured him too much about it? Why doesn't someone else make a chart? Any takers?
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com