Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 12-12-2008, 01:06 AM
Maleficent Offline

Send a message via AIM to Maleficent Send a message via MSN to Maleficent Send a message via Skype™ to Maleficent
Default Re: War Season 2x(3 2/3) Debate and Bonus Features!

The Lost Pioneers
Side: Munchkins

The Munchkin community can be male or female. The Oompa Loompas can only be male. This represents male chauvinism, which is crushed by feminism.

More to the point, female Munchkins (click Munchkin) can kick a male Oompa Loompas ass.
Old 12-12-2008, 08:31 PM
Alana Marie Offline

Team: The Nameless Sexxies
Side: Ormpur Loompurs

Hoshika- While physical strength is greatly appriciated. Cunning. Is also valued. If you were to rely on Brute Strength (as our Munchkinyy friends in the Oz do) you would soon fall. As simply running aroun like a gorilla screaming "ME PUNCH YOOH! NAO!" (basically my tactic) you will soon be brought down with simple enginering and a well set trap (namlyyyyy a rope tied to a tree)
But never the less: Oompas hold great strength and cunning. Their cunning comes from thinking up songs right on hand and seemlessly dance as a whole, and not indivisuals (a example of their teamwork, yet another good trait) Their strength is shown in their preformance. Do you know how flippin hard it is to sing and dance at the same time???? DO YOU? NO! But I do, its hard, you have to have great breath support and a biiiiiiiiiiigggg endurance. Not to mention coordination, as to not focus on your body and forget about your singing nad your brain.

Libra- Oompas pwed your mom.

Case Closed
aklsjdlaksjklajaldsja AHHH! I WAS SERIOUS FOR ONCE!
Old 12-12-2008, 10:45 PM
Hoshika Offline

Team: Secret Agent Band

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alana Marie View Post
Team: The Nameless Sexxies
Side: Ormpur Loompurs

Hoshika- While physical strength is greatly appriciated. Cunning. Is also valued. If you were to rely on Brute Strength (as our Munchkinyy friends in the Oz do) you would soon fall. As simply running aroun like a gorilla screaming "ME PUNCH YOOH! NAO!" (basically my tactic) you will soon be brought down with simple enginering and a well set trap (namlyyyyy a rope tied to a tree)
But never the less: Oompas hold great strength and cunning. Their cunning comes from thinking up songs right on hand and seemlessly dance as a whole, and not indivisuals (a example of their teamwork, yet another good trait) Their strength is shown in their preformance. Do you know how flippin hard it is to sing and dance at the same time???? DO YOU? NO! But I do, its hard, you have to have great breath support and a biiiiiiiiiiigggg endurance. Not to mention coordination, as to not focus on your body and forget about your singing and your brain.

Case Closed
Case open. Do you know how much effort it would have taken to build those intricate houses and roads in the Munchkin's town? The Munchkins already show cunning, and style, for that matter. They even left an empty spot for a house to land on in case the Wicked Witches came. They calculated every event up until the point where both witches were dead.

The Munchkins also sing and dance at the same time. It's not like they can prepare a "THE WICKED WITCH IS DEAD!" song beforehand. They know they don't need to.

Thusly, Munchkins show both cunning and superb physical traits, compared to your Oompa Loompas, who didn't need to build anything in the factory (it was already there).

By the way, why did you change your support from Oompa Loompas to Ormpur Loompurs?
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.

Old 12-12-2008, 10:48 PM
Maleficent Offline

Send a message via AIM to Maleficent Send a message via MSN to Maleficent Send a message via Skype™ to Maleficent

The Lost Pioneers
Side: Munchkins.

The Oompa Loompas clearly reahearsed the songs. :/
Old 12-13-2008, 12:27 AM
Alana Marie Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Libra View Post
The Lost Pioneers

Team: Nameless Soldiers
Side:Ormpur Loompurs (Oh sorry I mean the totally Munchkin pwning Oopma Loompas)
Quote:
The Lost Pioneers

Orrrr they are just so good it APPEARED rehersed. There is no possible way they could have known what was happening to the kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshika
Case open. Do you know how much effort it would have taken to build those intricate houses and roads in the Munchkin's town? The Munchkins already show cunning, and style, for that matter. They even left an empty spot for a house to land on in case the Wicked Witches came. They calculated every event up until the point where both witches were dead.

The Munchkins also sing and dance at the same time. It's not like they can prepare a "THE WICKED WITCH IS DEAD!" song beforehand. They know they don't need to.

Thusly, Munchkins show both cunning and superb physical traits, compared to your Oompa Loompas, who didn't need to build anything in the factory (it was already there).

By the way, why did you change your support from Oompa Loompas to Ormpur Loompurs?
While the Oompas did not make the factory. WHY DO YOU THINK THEY WERE HIRED???? TO preform tests on the candy (which gives them the energy to totaly pwn Munchkin butt) and carry heavy sacks of sugar and such to the chocolate river. Those things probably weigh the same as the Oompa loompas themselves. So carrying so much sugar to the river so many times a day builds Muscles.

Their cunning is shown by the simple sucsess of Willy's candy. They preform all the tests. If they were not cunning we would all die of food poisoning or somthing.

(also, you notice in both movies the Oompas row a boat down the chocolate river at a rapid pace. Crew developes BIG muscles)
Old 12-13-2008, 01:13 AM
Maleficent Offline

The Lost Pioneers

Willy Wonka cuts out Oompa Loompa nuts and puts them in Nerds candy.

The lack of genitals, replaced by steriods shows that Oompa Loompas do not have much strength, but rely on a steady flow of steriods to give them the "strength" to carry sugar stuff.

And also, the Oompa Loompas pee out of thier bum into the chocolate river, explaining how watery the choclate can be.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:58 AM
pseudopseudo Offline
Banned

Quote:
The Lost Pioneers

Willy Wonka cuts out Oompa Loompa nuts and puts them in Nerds candy.

The lack of genitals, replaced by steriods shows that Oompa Loompas do not have much strength, but rely on a steady flow of steriods to give them the "strength" to carry sugar stuff.

And also, the Oompa Loompas pee out of thier bum into the chocolate river, explaining how watery the choclate can be.
The Lost Pioneers, Oompa Loompas

Dude, you can't just make up random stuff and expect to win this debate. Yes, this is a super crazy whacked up debate format thing, but anyone can make up stuff to support their argument. For example, Munchkins have fudge in their brains. Non-sequitors are perhaps one of the lowest forms of humor debate techniques, if it is even a technique. It's not even funny usually. Some of the funniest things are ones that are close to reality, but presented in a humorous way. Your random rambling is more fictional than fictional, but a whole new level of fiction I like to call fiktion. I placed the k in there, because it's pretty krazy. Which brings me to my next points, Oompa Loompas are krazy, ruthless killers. They kill everything in sight that are not their own and all other things that would make sense in a battle in which these creatures would win and be very successful almost in a run-on sentence fashion. Some could say this statement is as fiktional as your own words, but with that, I respond with random rambling on so that you will probably forget it by the time you finish this. Even if you don't forget it, I criticize my criticizer with the following all-universally true statement. If you go against my reasoning and information at any point, even in the past, then you indirectly agree to the following statement: You are wrong and my side is correct. Thus the following posts, at this time, are obsolete: 4, 7, 8, 9, 11, 13, 16, 18, 21, 24, 25, 27, 30, 31, 33, 34, 36. Now that this make-shift contract is officially created, I end my point by pointing out the advantages of the Oompa Loompas. They are not Munchkins. They are not even short, according to the Urban Dictionary's definition, which also informs us there are more than we think. They are industrially more advanced. They are orange. They are coordinated and have no fear. They are krazy. They are off da chain, too. In a world where they do not exist, they still win due to impending destruction of the world. Now, I must further type in order to further this block of text to further its ridiculousness. That reminds me of the time I did not do that. So in retrospect, this is a sanguis idea. Which does not really even make sense.
Old 12-13-2008, 05:43 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

And it’s the…

WINNERS FOR WEEK #1

WINNERS
Munchkin Champion: Hoshika (Secret Agent Band)

Definitely great debating toward the end. The comment about Oompa Loomps being edible as well is pretty funny and does meet the logic. Nicely done.

Umpa Loompa Hero Supreme: Alana Marie (The Nameless Soldiers)

Great stuff, nice job of blending zaniness and logical reasoning into one. That’s the kind of thing I’d like to see, rather than pure, senseless randomness.

Week #2’s topic will be up in just a sec.

Old 12-13-2008, 05:54 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

WEEK #2

Week 2: SCREAM YOUR NAME FOR BONUS DPS & +20 FROST DMG!

Was Leeroy Jenkins staged?

Leeroy Jenkins, the World of Warcraft insanity, was all caused from this crazy raid movie, and it continues to be a sensation among all WoW players. However, was it staged, or did that all really happen unexpectedly? You make the call!

Old 12-14-2008, 02:44 AM
Alana Marie Offline

Team: Nameless Soldiers
Side: Totally not Fake.

Opening Statement
Oh...my....god....
That is the funniest thing I have ever seen.
All those guys are uber serios about winning and them BOOM
Guy goes running in.
"LEEERRRROOYYYYY AJENNNKKKKIIIINNNNNNSS"
Stupid. But funny (thank you for the entertainment Neo)

Reason Why I Dont Think its Fake
(I dont care if it is fake. I dont think it is and the point of the debate is to show full pride in your beleif and who debates it better so dont post stupid little links like "Here is proof its fake")

Ahem.
I.Always.Do.Stuff.Like.That.

Either you get cuahgt up in the moment, or you are waaaay to hyper for your own good.

EX: When I play time splitters with my cousins. We get all serious like "Okay I go in first and Alana snipes them" When we are standing on a legde, then i take my guns off and scream.

"HAND TO HAND COMBAT" and jump into a crowd of Calamari with machine guns and start punching away (I died a horrible death)

But point being, if this guy was even half like me he would do that sort of thing.

Another Reason
Those guys were uber pissed. Cursing as they tried to hide from the evil dragon like thingies xD
"It's not my fuat guys"
"Your stoned man..."

>.> I am suprised they were not massacerd right away.

Random Reason
Why do it? Why spend that much time on a video game. and NOT have fun with it? I am glad someone broke the seriousness and just ran in screaming. :)

Anyway. Its late I am slighty intoxicated with fudge so I will read this in the morning and think i was high. But hey. First post. I own.

CLosed
Old 12-14-2008, 11:26 PM
Black Fox of the Darkness Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Black Fox of the Darkness

Blackness777
Nameless Soldiers

Not Fake

My reason
If you listen for the end you will hear Leroy say
"At least I have Chicken."
When the guys starft yelling at him. Also, why would they go into a extremely high level zone to die? I must say it is funny but it seems a little fake don't you think?
Besides, if it was real those guys wouldn't have gopne in because of him. They would must start cracking up at how stupid the guy is.

Case Closed

Old 12-17-2008, 07:59 PM
Hoshika Offline

Secret Agent Band

The Leeroy Jenkins scene? I say it's real. Why?

Because Leroy was just too stupid to have staged that.
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:12 PM
Alana Marie Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshika View Post
Secret Agent Band

Agree'd

No one is stupid enough to do that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alana Marie
Either you get cuahgt up in the moment, or you are waaaay to hyper for your own good.

EX: When I play time splitters with my cousins. We get all serious like "Okay I go in first and Alana snipes them" When we are standing on a legde, then i take my guns off and scream.

"HAND TO HAND COMBAT" and jump into a crowd of Calamari with machine guns and start punching away (I died a horrible death)
Oh right...
Why Am I always degrading myself in these things?

Because you are a idiot sweetie

O_O VOICE IN MY HEAD???
I thought I murdered you in my last humor entry????? NOW YOUR HERE???
IS THERE NO SAFE HAVEN?? IS THERE NO *thwanked in the brainsteam*

*thwanked*
Yes you did. But I cannot be disposed of so quickly :)

...would you all please excuse me
*gunhead*
*brainage bleeding*

Right..so in conclusion...smmffmuffrhad Leeroy Jenkins
*flaideathspasm*
Old 12-18-2008, 05:42 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

Team Bulbasaur

For the sake of argument, I'm going to say Fake. That's right, it was all planned. I don't believe for a second that anyone would just charge in like that on a raid. And who shouts their own name as a battle cry? lol. If it was real, they wouldn't have followed him in and just let him die. But they had to go in, unprepared. And it didn't even look like they were trying to fight... just running around. What's up with that?!

Oh, and someone just happens to be filming it. What a coincidence. Online gaming are filled with fake film captures to impress the internet. It's done in halo all the time! It's hard to congratulate anyone these days for their kills, since so many videos are faked.

Like this one. I'll go even so far as to say Blizzard paid them to do it, so the video spreads to viral status, thus giving the game free press! Such clever advertising.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 12-18-2008, 11:44 AM
Splishee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Splishee

SPLISHEE
THE NAMELESS SOLDIERS

[IT'S FAKE/STAGED AND HERE ARE MY REASONS]

Ahem.

I ask you, ladies and gentlemen, to take a long, hard look at the facts of the scene we have just viewed.

Let us gather some facts from - and about - this extremely interesting, mind-blowing and revolutionary event.

Firstly: Urban Dictionary (urbandictionary.com) defines 'Leeroy' as:
1: One who does not grasp the concept of caution.
2: One whose success is based purely off relentless aggression and pure luck.
3: One who likes chicken.
4: One whose battle cry consists of their own name.

Secondly: Dictionary.com defines 'Fake' as: 'to trick or deceive (an opponent) by making a "fake"'

Now, we must pause in our points of pure fact in this debate. Leeroy wasn't even a name before this video was produced. And suddenly, such legitimate sites such as Urban Dictionary suddenly have a Leeroy entry on the site. It is a surefire way to find yourself wondering such things as: is there some kind of secret government organisation behind 'Leeroy Jenkins', spreading the popular name and cause around the internet in order to power themselves? Or perhaps, the user created such a stupid name in order to purposely create chaos and bring stupidity to it?

As we bring ourselves to the second fact, it is frankly obvious that our friendly character Leeroy was attempting to 'trick' and 'deceive' his dear teammates. It's obviously all planned. Since, of course, why the heck would it be videotaped in the first place? There is no reason for a simple war planning meeting to go taped if they were not knowledgeable of a great plan to unveil itself - by the name of 'Leeroy Jenkins'.

Now, onto more facts.

Thirdly: These guys are total 'tards. I mean, really, screaming like sissies because some demons are attacking their little interweb characters? Someone oughta slap their acne-covered faces silly.

Fourthly: It is a commonly known fact that pre-pubescent, acne-ridden boy-'tards are all attempting to give eachother the fair share of LOLs that they require daily. Fact. Want proof? Search 'lol' on Google and you will find everything you need. Fact.

While we pause our facts yet again, I ask you to read the above two facts and perhaps the more intelligent of readers will be able to string them together. Whether they are part of a secret internet-dominating organisation, or they are just desperate for LOLs, it is obvious that these adolescents have cunningly planned this stunt for themselves.

After all, if this was actually real, any sensible WoW player would give this Leeroy character a verbal spanking and immediately exit themselves from the evil monster dungeon. But since we have already concluded these are pubescent 'tards, it is obvious what the meaning behind their actions are.

Fifthly: There are audible swear words in this video. Swearing only actually occurs over the internet when people are attempting to look bad-ass. If any WoW player were actually confronted like this, there would be girlish squeals. Not masculine swears.

Sixly: ... I ran out of fingers. :[

And rebuttal against others who dare to say different D:<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshika View Post
Secret Agent Band

Where is your proof of dear Leeroy's stupidity? If I were to take on your style of debating, I could assume Leeroy was a wealthy tycoon who owns several banks and lives in a 50 million dollar estate with thousands of butlers and was ingenius enough to think up a plan to spread endless LOLz around the internet.

It is easy to say that, just as it is easy to say what you said. Try again, dear friend.

Last edited by Splishee; 12-19-2008 at 09:39 AM.