Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 12-07-2008, 02:38 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default War Season 2x(3 2/3) Debate and Bonus Features!

Because everyone’s psycho one way or another at some random time of the day or the past week, its War Season 2x(3 2/3) Debate! Take a stand, play that saxophone, pull on your hair, give your science teacher a wedgie, or bark up a tree, whatever it takes to get the gold, that’s the way to go! There’s no right or wrong or somewhat right way to debate here, so give it your all and don’t hold back!

Whoever makes the most convincing argument for the side they pick will get points. There are two sides to every week’s debate, and whoever has the best and funniest debate for each side each week will get a point. Sounds good, eh? I was going to give brownies along with that, but… well, I forgot my lunch and I’m not bulimic.

Just a few rules. Nothing that not even your hamster would be bothered by.
  • No swearing, plz. We’re not sailors and we’re not in a barracks, so keep that potty mouth at bay. Thanks!
  • Some complete nonsense is fine and always appreciated when its not expected. Just don’t overdo it, or you’re going to be making a jester out of yourself out of charity (i.e. no points xP)
  • Please turn off all cell phones during the entire performance. Also, no flash photography and smoking is prohibited.
  • Include your team’s name and what side you're debating for at the top of each post. Otherwise your posts count toward the “Awkward Grannies Legion” instead, and I’m sure you don’t want your posts to go wasted to the elderly so easily.
  • R-E-S-P-E-C-T other people! Global Mods like me have powers that can make a fate worse than Ban Land, so keep that in mind. If you’re being a bully, you’ll get a warning first. Keep going, and you get the week in the box (can’t participate that week). After that, you get permanently booted out, so be careful and don’t be a pest. Thanks.

With that said, its kickoff time!

Last edited by Neo Emolga; 12-07-2008 at 05:11 PM.
Old 12-07-2008, 02:41 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: War Season 2x(3 2/3) Debate and Bonus Features!

WEEK #1

Week 1: AWKWARD MIDGET BATTLE!

Munchkins from the Wizard of Oz VS Willy Wonka’s Umpa Loompas! Who would win in a fight!?

You know the rules, so give it your best shot!

Old 12-07-2008, 05:49 PM
pseudopseudo Offline
Banned

The Lost Pioneers, Oompa Loompas

The "m word" is a highly offensive term towards people of short height and I can not say I am particularly impressed.

Munchkins live in a rural world with virtually no advanced technology. They also can not handle the Wicked Witch of the East, even as a group. Instead, they have to rely on Dorothy, a single person, to defeat the witch. Munchkins are also very suicidal and known to hang themselves.

Oompa Loompas are disciplined and hard-working individuals. Their experience in the Chocolate Factory have made them learned in today's modern mechanics. With superior organization and intelligence, there is no way they can lose.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:04 PM
skiboydoggy Offline

Send a message via AIM to skiboydoggy

SAB, Munchkins

It's simple. The Munchkins win because Umpa Loompas don't exist. The closest relation would be the Oompa Loompas, but that's a different deal altogether. The Oompa Loompas drown the Munchkins in chocolate.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:32 AM
pseudopseudo Offline
Banned

The Lost Pioneers, Umpa Loompas or Oompa Loompas

If "Umpa Loompa" was not a typo, they would win anyways. How can you defeat something that does not exist? You can not. Forever the Munchkins will be in a battle in which they can not even land a blow. Generation after generation and they will make no progress in defeating the non-existent enemy. Eventually, the Munchkins race will become extinct. In 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 years or less the world of Oz can be destroyed by natural causes, while Umpa Loompas take no damage because they are merely a state of mind.

source: http://qntm.org/?destroy

Go to the "Fall-back methods" section, most notably the "6. Decayed" part.

Although that page was created for Earth, it can apply to any theoretical world, especially with one so physically similar to Earth as depicted in the Wizard of Oz.

Last edited by pseudopseudo; 12-08-2008 at 02:36 AM.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:59 AM
Charizard Michelle Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charizard Michelle

The CHEERLEADERS
Umpa Loompas

Why are we even asking this question? Clearly the Umpa Loompas will and can beat down the Munchkins of Oz time and time again. I mean have you ever seen those Umpa Loompas? They travel in packs like wolves or even gang members. Heck they look like they are in a gang just by how they walk. Just shuffling and placing weight into each step with that tough look on their face. They may not show it but in those pockets of the Umpa Loompas are knives late night almost-death matches they have. That is why they look so tough. I wouldn’t want to mess with somebody who look like this.

Thought so.

The Munchkins of Oz? They had to get a little girl to kill the Wicked Witch of the Northsoutheat. It tells me they are wusses. Enough said.

I need to find a new girl-on-girl animation.

Old 12-08-2008, 06:56 AM
skiboydoggy Offline

Send a message via AIM to skiboydoggy

SAB, Munchkins

A non-existant being cannot take part in a battle. Or rather, because they are never in a state of "participation" due to a lack of an ability to "exist in the arena of battle", it should be taken as a forfeit on their part, which leads to a walkover victory for the Munchkins.

They lost before they even began.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:49 AM
Ataro Offline
RUSTYREFBOT

Send a message via AIM to Ataro

The Nameless Soldiers, Munchkins

Like what Ski said, Munchkins would totally win because Umpa Loompas doesn't exist. In fact, the name Umpa Loompas already states that this group of midgets, if they even existed, have little confidence to themselves. c wut i did thar?

In addition, seeing that their last name is similar to Oompa-Loompas, it is possible that Umpa Loompas is a group of genetically modified midgets, thus being a close relation of the Oompa's.

Furthermore, the clothes that the Oompa's wear is simply disgusting. C'mon, it is mostly all white and "they greet by crossing their arms and closed hands up to their chest in a way that resembles the greeting gesture of the aliens in Plan 9 from Outer Space" (from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oompa-Loompa), how anti-social. :\

Now on the other hand, the Munchkins are featured in colorful clothes, pink, purple, red, blue, green, white, silver, black, gold, brown, orange, yellow and etc. How excitingly colorfully wonderful! What a unique way to show their passion for such cloth products, not to mention adding color and flavor to our lifes when we see them!

Back to the main point, what do these have to do with deciding who would win the fight? Sure, the Umpa's or the Oompa's or what mutated midgets I would say, would go to war with the Munchkins showing off their meanness, as depicted earlier, but the Munchkins are such lovable creatures and they would be able to win with their colorful tasty way of fighting. Magnificent I would say, magnificent!
Old 12-08-2008, 11:40 PM
Sight of the Stars Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sight of the Stars Send a message via Skype™ to Sight of the Stars

Ski has a very good point; Umpa Loompa's don't exist, anyways. I go with the Munchkins.

They are these tiny people with cheery attitudes; cheery midgets for the win, eh?

Not only that, but Oompa Loompa's would probably fight with chocolate and eggs, and the Munchkins would easily go at them with bright smiles and lollipops that would make even I scream. No, really.

Also, Oompa Loompa's (I am sooo getting tired of that name already) already are the anti-social ones. Not many of the world knows that they are there inside of the factory. everyone else can go see the Munchkins; if they can find that land. No one is allowed into the factory unless you are lucky and find a Golden Ticket.

A dollar in those days is like a $150 now. The Oompa's make chocolate bars that are ten cents a piece and selling them to these kids that hardly have enough money to buy food. How pitiful.

Also, how come they make chocolate bars while the Munchkins make lollipops, sing song, ride in hot air balloons, and have fun telling people to "Follow the yellow brick road!"

Now, I know everything I'm saying involves what they do, but it sums one thing up: Oompa's are evil and Munchkins are good, and unless you're in the world of Gaia and Role Playing in After Fantasy (which is also where good is taking control. No offense toward the awesome RP, ok DS, WTS?), good wins!!!
[12:38:59 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH"
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."
Old 12-08-2008, 11:59 PM
Alana Marie Offline

Random battles? MEMEMEMEMEMME!

Team: Nameless Soldeirs (Team Sexxisss :3)
Side: Umpa Loompas (Sorry 'Ness, gotta go with the signing folk CHORU NERDS 4LYFE!)

Okay a few reasons why Umpa Loompas are the best

One: Green hairXOrange skin...Fab-you-los. Very citrus-y and contrastong.

Two: Best name ever. I am sereal. Just rolls off he tounge.
umpaloompaumpaloompaumpaloompaumpaloompa
(see?)

Three: There name makes a great choral warmup. We use it everyday. Umpa Loompas Doopa Doompas Umpa Loompas Doopa Doompas.
BOOM!
Your lips are all ready to form perfect vowel sounds and sound angelic

Four: I have sexy taco images

Five: They sing and dance. You cannot hate musical midgets.

Six: Their song int he original version is so catchy. S very catchy that I have not seen the movie in 3 years, but stil remeber all the words to the song
(I would sing them for you, but I have my retainer in and I might spittle on you xD)

Seven: The remake of the movie has Mr.Sexyman Johnny Depp in it. Anyone within 2 miles of him is kickdunkey!

Eight: Remade songs are really pimp. All techno and such

And in conclusion: I am sersckii. So vote ferr mah side!
:)

Umpa Loompas!
Old 12-09-2008, 01:30 AM
Sight of the Stars Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sight of the Stars Send a message via Skype™ to Sight of the Stars

How dare you! -slaps lovingly- My own sister!

If you ask me, the name Oompa Looma would be a horrid choral warm-up because it's so annoying.

You can really work up on your chipmunk voice by watching the Munchkins, and then pwn your enemies by makling them follow the yellow brick road where the flying monkies hate you and have razor sharp teeth and are fifty feet tall.

"Follow the yellow brick road!"
[12:38:59 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH"
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."
Old 12-09-2008, 01:53 AM
The Jr Trainer Offline

Send a message via AIM to The Jr Trainer Send a message via MSN to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Yahoo to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Skype™ to The Jr Trainer

The Lost Pioneers; Umpa Loompas

In fact, you're all wrong. Umpa Loompas do indeed exist, but where? In California, or really any High School or college. Those girls that look like Oompa Loompas are indeed Umpa Loompas.
(source: http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...erm=Umpa-Lumpa)

Back to the realness.

If the munchkins are so dependent on this little girl to defeat a mere witch, how in hell's name will they be able to fend off the dangerous (and most likely, horny) teenage girls of the High Schools and Colleges around the globe. Maybe they can defeat the Oompa Loompas but I don't think that there is a way that they would be able to fend off those girls, they're quite scary.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:54 AM
Maleficent Offline

Send a message via AIM to Maleficent Send a message via MSN to Maleficent Send a message via Skype™ to Maleficent

The Lost Pioneers
Munchkins

Munchkins were subject to slavery after the great civil WAR of 1234, in which The Witch of the East took control of Munchkin City (famous for building itself on rock n' roll), and ruled there for the next 100 years. But then, Dorothy and Toto came with a 667 Quantas Jumbo Shack and killed her by terrosit bombing her house (c-c-c-combo breaker!) and amazingly surviving. Now, this left the Munchkins in control of the city, and started to frolick around the city in a song and dance routine which pissed off Dorothy so much that she started to run down the Yellow Prick Road, where she met the Scarecrow, a zombie scarecrow who longed for brains. More song and dance routines later, they met the Tin Man, who hadn't used deoderant in so long, that he had rusted. After spraying deoderant on him, he unrusted and joined the team to go see the Wizard of Oz-tralia. Then they met the Pussy Lion, who actually still is a pussy to this day.
And then after all this, they met the Wizard of Oz-tralia. He needed time to take a shower, so he sent them to kill his wife, The Whicked Whitch of the Whest.
They got captured by flying Wookies, and were all trapped in separated in the Whitchs castle. Dorothy FALCON PUNCH'D her prison and escaped and then saved the others, and Toto ROUNDHOUSE KICKED the Whitch, obliterating her into a pile of goo.
Then they impossibly traveled 100 miles in less than a hour, and got back to the EMERALDWTF City to see that the Wizard of Oz-tralia was actually O.J Simpson who got us to kill his wife. But after a crap-ass speech about crap, the troupe were still pissed and framed him for murder.

And the Umpa Loompas got raped.

So, with a kick-ass back-story like that, Munchkins MUST WIN.

ohandtheyhavehookersaswell

Last edited by Maleficent; 12-09-2008 at 03:04 AM.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:13 AM
Charizard Michelle Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charizard Michelle

The CHEERLEADERS
Umpa/Oompa Loompas

Fail Libra. Fail. It is common knowledge that the only person that can ever ROUNDHOUSE KICKED anything is Chuck Norris. There is some people who can roundhouse kick but nobody can ROUNDHOUSE KICKED or ROUNDHOUSE KICk except for Chuck Norris.

Sorry but pretty clothes doesn't win wars. Clearly the Brits during the Revolutionary War looked much better then the Americans but did the Brits win? No. They were too busy ironing and cleaning their redcoats to put up a fight against the dirty ragtag group of Americans. Those Munchkins may look nice but Umpa/Oompa Loompas have them beat down before the Munchkins can unbutton their gloves. Style and Grace doesn't win wars. Fist and Kicks do, both things the Umpa/Oompa Loompas have.

I need to find a new girl-on-girl animation.

Old 12-09-2008, 04:30 AM
pseudopseudo Offline
Banned

The Lost Pioneers, Umpa Loompas/Oompa Loompas

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboydoggy View Post
SAB, Munchkins

A non-existant being cannot take part in a battle. Or rather, because they are never in a state of "participation" due to a lack of an ability to "exist in the arena of battle", it should be taken as a forfeit on their part, which leads to a walkover victory for the Munchkins.

They lost before they even began.
Why would the grand Neo Pikachu make us debate about a battle that can't even happen? How dare you insult him so arrogantly!

Something that does not exist can indeed win a battle. For example, imagine a small child fearing the boogieman. The boogieman does not exist, but it is still an internal conflict.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtaroBot View Post

Like what Ski said, Munchkins would totally win because Umpa Loompas doesn't exist. In fact, the name Umpa Loompas already states that this group of midgets, if they even existed, have little confidence to themselves. c wut i did thar?

In addition, seeing that their last name is similar to Oompa-Loompas, it is possible that Umpa Loompas is a group of genetically modified midgets, thus being a close relation of the Oompa's.

Furthermore, the clothes that the Oompa's wear is simply disgusting. C'mon, it is mostly all white and "they greet by crossing their arms and closed hands up to their chest in a way that resembles the greeting gesture of the aliens in Plan 9 from Outer Space" (from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oompa-Loompa), how anti-social. :\

Now on the other hand, the Munchkins are featured in colorful clothes, pink, purple, red, blue, green, white, silver, black, gold, brown, orange, yellow and etc. How excitingly colorfully wonderful! What a unique way to show their passion for such cloth products, not to mention adding color and flavor to our lifes when we see them!

Back to the main point, what do these have to do with deciding who would win the fight? Sure, the Umpa's or the Oompa's or what mutated midgets I would say, would go to war with the Munchkins showing off their meanness, as depicted earlier, but the Munchkins are such lovable creatures and they would be able to win with their colorful tasty way of fighting. Magnificent I would say, magnificent!
Sorry, but my seconds of study in etymology lead me to find that the Um in Umpa Lumpa comes from the Gregorian-Anglo-Franco word "Um" meaning great power.

If Umpa Loompas are indeed a genetic mutation from the Oompa Loompas, how do you know their mutation is negative? Mutations can often digivolve an organism rather than de-digivolve them.

*variation of facepalm* Your final statement is none other than Ludacris.

The (U/Oo)mpa Loompa's rough and tough demeanor is a frightening display. It not only terrifies enemies, but displays strict organizational skills, allowing for advanced military formations. Munchkins, on the other hand, are frantic and gay. I can imagine them o the battlefield now, running around chaotically in fear as the Loompas pick them off one by one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Wolf of the Snow View Post

Ski has a very good point; Umpa Loompa's don't exist, anyways. I go with the Munchkins.

They are these tiny people with cheery attitudes; cheery midgets for the win, eh?

Not only that, but Oompa Loompa's would probably fight with chocolate and eggs, and the Munchkins would easily go at them with bright smiles and lollipops that would make even I scream. No, really.

Also, Oompa Loompa's (I am sooo getting tired of that name already) already are the anti-social ones. Not many of the world knows that they are there inside of the factory. everyone else can go see the Munchkins; if they can find that land. No one is allowed into the factory unless you are lucky and find a Golden Ticket.

A dollar in those days is like a $150 now. The Oompa's make chocolate bars that are ten cents a piece and selling them to these kids that hardly have enough money to buy food. How pitiful.

Also, how come they make chocolate bars while the Munchkins make lollipops, sing song, ride in hot air balloons, and have fun telling people to "Follow the yellow brick road!"

Now, I know everything I'm saying involves what they do, but it sums one thing up: Oompa's are evil and Munchkins are good, and unless you're in the world of Gaia and Role Playing in After Fantasy (which is also where good is taking control. No offense toward the awesome RP, ok DS, WTS?), good wins!!!
Many of your points have nothing to do with battle.

Loompas are only anti-social among other species. They sing and dance in perfect choreography with themselves and can rise to the occasion.

Loompas themselves are able to scream and sing, except not like an idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jr Trainer View Post
The Lost Pioneers; Umpa Loompas

In fact, you're all wrong. Umpa Loompas do indeed exist, but where? In California, or really any High School or college. Those girls that look like Oompa Loompas are indeed Umpa Loompas.
(source: http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...erm=Umpa-Lumpa)

Back to the realness.

If the munchkins are so dependent on this little girl to defeat a mere witch, how in hell's name will they be able to fend off the dangerous (and most likely, horny) teenage girls of the High Schools and Colleges around the globe. Maybe they can defeat the Oompa Loompas but I don't think that there is a way that they would be able to fend off those girls, they're quite scary.
Nice find. This nearly doubles (that is multiplied by two) the force of the Loompas. Not only that, but these additions also can bring modern advancements to battle like guns and botox surgery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Libra View Post
The Lost Pioneers
Munchkins

Munchkins were subject to slavery after the great civil WAR of 1234, in which The Witch of the East took control of Munchkin City (famous for building itself on rock n' roll), and ruled there for the next 100 years. But then, Dorothy and Toto came with a 667 Quantas Jumbo Shack and killed her by terrosit bombing her house (c-c-c-combo breaker!) and amazingly surviving. Now, this left the Munchkins in control of the city, and started to frolick around the city in a song and dance routine which pissed off Dorothy so much that she started to run down the Yellow Prick Road, where she met the Scarecrow, a zombie scarecrow who longed for brains. More song and dance routines later, they met the Tin Man, who hadn't used deoderant in so long, that he had rusted. After spraying deoderant on him, he unrusted and joined the team to go see the Wizard of Oz-tralia. Then they met the Pussy Lion, who actually still is a pussy to this day.
And then after all this, they met the Wizard of Oz-tralia. He needed time to take a shower, so he sent them to kill his wife, The Whicked Whitch of the Whest.
They got captured by flying Wookies, and were all trapped in separated in the Whitchs castle. Dorothy FALCON PUNCH'D her prison and escaped and then saved the others, and Toto ROUNDHOUSE KICKED the Whitch, obliterating her into a pile of goo.
Then they impossibly traveled 100 miles in less than a hour, and got back to the EMERALDWTF City to see that the Wizard of Oz-tralia was actually O.J Simpson who got us to kill his wife. But after a crap-ass speech about crap, the troupe were still pissed and framed him for murder.

And the Umpa Loompas got raped.

So, with a kick-ass back-story like that, Munchkins MUST WIN.

ohandtheyhavehookersaswell
Sorry, but carrot juice wasn't invented since I was born, so this is all invalid. Carrots are orange. Loompas are orange. Therefore they must win.