Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 12-10-2008, 11:48 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: Biological or Nuclear Terrorist Attack Expected in Coming Years

Which is why I might move to Australia.

G'day, mates.

Old 12-11-2008, 12:59 AM
Shadow Eevee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Requiem of Verities View Post
THANK GOD! SOMEONE WITH SENSE!

Even though McCain was the better candidate for the job Opinion.(even though there's mass hysteria for Palin, I think PALIN is better than ObamaI have proof that you liked Obama at one point, over Here.), I think Obama would have won anyway.

You know, all those other countries that were celebrating Obama's win... they weren't celebrating a new beginning... I'm sure they were celebrating an endNo offense, but the only proof you have is 'Middle East = Terrorist'. I come from a middle eastern background myself, and know more than a dozen others from a middle eastern background, and NOBODY is like that. Seriously, do your research.. What end, you may ask? That's for people to ponder, and if you're smart, you'll figure it out. =] Certainly it's not the end of a certain someone complaining about the election.

XIV - Geoffrey - XIV
Comments in bold.

But yeah, I don't really know, seeing as I was never quite the predictor.

Last edited by Shadow Eevee; 12-11-2008 at 01:17 AM.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:36 PM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
My theory.

Everyone leaves the middle east by 2011. This gives Palestine the heads up to attack Israel. Israel obviously calls for back up, we go there yada yada. North Korea gets involved to show off its fancy nuclear power, launches a war head towards the United States, triggering a Nuclear War. Nuclear Terrorist attack? No, Nuclear War? Yes. The chances of anything happening are slim to none really. No one would allow it to get that out of control. Though I think we'll see WW3 in our life time, actually I'm 100% sure of it.

Terrorists in the middle east have no money for nuclear weapons, even Iran's advancements is slim to nothing, meaning there wouldn't really be a Nuclear Terrorist attack. And why are you guys arguing about the presidency, its the past its over Barack Obama won. Its not going to be the end, everything he wants to do has to go through congress. They aren't that stupid to allow unfair nonsense things or anything that will harm the country to be passed. Grow up and have your president's back if you're a true American you would.

What I got from the bold was "Obama is a muslim he's going to ruin everything" Do your research and grow up. The countries are celebrating due to the fact George Bush has hurt the world as a whole. Obama has the ideals to fix that, who cares if he crawled out of a cave. This is politics, the world, if he's the man for the job, then for the world's sake he should be there. Good thing our country recognized this, since Obama, Biden, and the Democrats in my eyes are our last hope.
Yes, they have money for nuclear weapons. If you think that everyone there has no money, think again. Besides, if they have no money, they won't even have normal bombs, let alone nuclear ones.

No argument against the rest though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post

G'day, mates.
What for? If it's because of the potential nuclear war Australia would also get sucked into it, so there'd be no point. And if it's because of Obama you're no true American. And if it's because of something else... we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Eevee View Post
Comments in bold.

But yeah, I don't really know, seeing as I was never quite the predictor.
How would you know whether he was implying that Obama was great or not?

EDIT: In other words, he would be using sarcasm.

Last edited by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng; 12-11-2008 at 12:43 PM.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:23 PM
Shadow Eevee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
Yes, they have money for nuclear weapons. If you think that everyone there has no money, think again. Besides, if they have no money, they won't even have normal bombs, let alone nuclear ones.

What for? If it's because of the potential nuclear war Australia would also get sucked into it, so there'd be no point. And if it's because of Obama you're no true American. And if it's because of something else... we'll see.

How would you know whether he was implying that Obama was great or not?

EDIT: In other words, he would be using sarcasm.
Judging by his past arguments, I think it's safe to say he's saying Obama's bad.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:48 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
I was partially kidding. Partially. There's been plenty of crap flying about when it comes to political matters, enough to make you sick of it all. When you have senators trying to sell their positions, corporations asking for more bailouts, and liberalism galore, it does get under your skin and make you hate how this country is being treated so carelessly.

And no, it wouldn't be because of Obama, though I will say I voted McCain in the last election. I don't like the way Obama made Hilliary Clinton the Secretary of State. Considering that happened tied with the fact she backed out of the election very peacefully (much against her character), its easy to tell some kind of shady deal when on between the two of them.

In all, I'm tried of normal people suffering and dying because of incompetent and irresponsible leaders.

Old 12-11-2008, 11:26 PM
Rekhyt Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

I predict that computers will have brains of their own in the next three years. It doesn't mean you should take me seriously.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:32 AM
Starkipraggy Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Starkipraggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhyt View Post
I predict that computers will have brains of their own in the next three years. It doesn't mean you should take me seriously.
^ LOL

Anyway, McCain would have had a much better chance if some retardedness on the Republican end didn't pick Palin for VP. All his support went -whoosh-. Some of it, at least.

We'll just have to wait and see, though Obama is off to a really bad start. :c

Mons are here though

私はグレダーです--I am a Grader
Old 12-12-2008, 08:38 PM
fullmetal Offline

Send a message via AIM to fullmetal

Quote:

What I meant was that they don't have the money for major nuclear power, like the United States and Russia as of right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkipraggy View Post

Anyway, McCain would have had a much better chance if some retardedness on the Republican end didn't pick Palin for VP. All his support went -whoosh-. Some of it, at least.

He didn't even start yet, don't worry.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:40 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Eevee View Post
Judging by his past arguments, I think it's safe to say he's saying Obama's bad.
Got it.

Quote:
I was partially kidding. Partially. There's been plenty of crap flying about when it comes to political matters, enough to make you sick of it all. When you have senators trying to sell their positions, corporations asking for more bailouts, and liberalism galore, it does get under your skin and make you hate how this country is being treated so carelessly.

And no, it wouldn't be because of Obama, though I will say I voted McCain in the last election. I don't like the way Obama made Hilliary Clinton the Secretary of State. Considering that happened tied with the fact she backed out of the election very peacefully (much against her character), its easy to tell some kind of shady deal when on between the two of them.

In all, I'm tried of normal people suffering and dying because of incompetent and irresponsible leaders.
Is the political situation in America really that bad? Then again, I don't see many Americans emigrating in the millions just because of that... Maybe they will, after another Great Depression, possibly starting from there.

There did seem to be something going on when she lost her lead on superdelegates and she conceded, but Obama always had a higher chance of winning. Besides, there was no point if she did win; I doubt she'd have beaten John McCain. So there'll be no reason for Obama to have such a deal; she'd have conceded an election he was already winning and he'll look bad if this found out. He'll end up gaining nothing and losing a lot.

In any case, just wait and see what happens before making a decision. Australia may be better, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhyt View Post
I don't think so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkipraggy View Post
^ LOL

That's what I've been trying to say for ages.

Quote:
What I meant was that they don't have the money for major nuclear power, like the United States and Russia as of right now.

He didn't even start yet, don't worry.
Minor nuclear power is sufficient to cause massive terror.

And many people are putting him down when he hasn't even started yet. That's already a bad start, if you ask me.

And now that I think about it, this is going really off topic...
Old 12-17-2008, 02:23 AM
Vincent_Valentine_4 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Vincent_Valentine_4

Quote:
My theory.

Everyone leaves the middle east by 2011. This gives Palestine the heads up to attack Israel. Israel obviously calls for back up, we go there yada yada. North Korea gets involved to show off its fancy nuclear power, launches a war head towards the United States, triggering a Nuclear War. Nuclear Terrorist attack? No, Nuclear War? Yes. The chances of anything happening are slim to none really. No one would allow it to get that out of control. Though I think we'll see WW3 in our life time, actually I'm 100% sure of it.

Terrorists in the middle east have no money for nuclear weapons, even Iran's advancements is slim to nothing, meaning there wouldn't really be a Nuclear Terrorist attack. And why are you guys arguing about the presidency, its the past its over Barack Obama won. Its not going to be the end, everything he wants to do has to go through congress. They aren't that stupid to allow unfair nonsense things or anything that will harm the country to be passed. Grow up and have your president's back if you're a true American you would.

What I got from the bold was "Obama is a muslim he's going to ruin everything" Do your research and grow up. The countries are celebrating due to the fact George Bush has hurt the world as a whole. Obama has the ideals to fix that, who cares if he crawled out of a cave. This is politics, the world, if he's the man for the job, then for the world's sake he should be there. Good thing our country recognized this, since Obama, Biden, and the Democrats in my eyes are our last hope.
Yeah I feel that was a pretty racist remark by them saying that Obama is a piece of crap and McCain should have won even though McCain is clearly the racist piece of crap. Also the world could end at any given time and I'm sure that no one will be able to predict it until nukes are already on their way.
www.myspace.com/thomashoyt I are awesome
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ostcount=19347
Brawl FC:1633-3939-2142
"Put this in your sig if religion is just used to manipulate and control people."
Old 12-17-2008, 02:26 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_Valentine_4 View Post
Yeah I feel that was a pretty racist remark by them saying that Obama is a piece of crap and McCain should have won even though McCain is clearly the racist piece of crap. Also the world could end at any given time and I'm sure that no one will be able to predict it until nukes are already on their way.
Nukes? Destroy them before they destroy you. :P

Now, what was it that Ronald Reagan had refused to remove when Mikhail Gorbachev wanted him to?
Old 01-03-2009, 04:49 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Wolf of the Snow View Post
That -censored- can't prevent -censored- from happening! -enraged- He's just a lazy bum.
The man who can inspire millions of people is a lazy bum? Right.

Quote:
I do believe that something like hat would happen. I'ma laugh if it's while Obama is still president (it will be) and that will be a lazy bum's test.
*faints whistle growing louder, followed by a loud resounding crash* That was the sound of what respect I had for you (which was very little as I don't actually know you much, and stemmed only from you being friends with Alana) plummeting and crashing to the ground. You're telling me that you would laugh if there was a major biological attack while Obama was president? You would laugh at such a great tragedy, just because of Obama. You would laugh at the deaths of millions, MILLIONS of innocent lives, just because it would somehow prove that Obama isn't fit to be president, despite the three crucial facts that a) There would be no way for Obama to have any control over that, b) you have no way of knowing if McCain would have handled it any better, and c) we certainly didn't declare Bush unfit to be president after 9/11 (okay, most of us declared him incompetent at some other point, but never mind that). That you would even think of that makes you as much a monster as the people who would orchestrate such an attack.

Quote:
As I've been saying for a LOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGGGGG time:

Our country's screwed.
... okay, I'm not going to disagree with you there.

Quote:
My theory.

My theory:

The bolded bit comes true. However, there is no attack on us because no country is going to nuke the United States. Our nuclear issues are going to come from terrorists, plain and simple, because any country that engages us in direct nuclear war is destined for nuclear obivion.

Anyways, the nuclear war is going to be between Israel and it's allies, and the rest of the Middle East. In other words, Most of the missiles will be going to the Middle East. In other words, there will be no more Middle East. Only a nuclear wasteland where the Middle East used to be. Oh, and Jerusalem. No one is going to attack Jerusalem.

Quote:

G'day, mates.
Really? I'll wave to you from the southern tip of Japan.

Quote:
Oh, there's always shady business going on in politics no matter where you are. Besides, Hillary backed out of the election peacefully because Obama had won, any and every other politician would do the same regardless of shady business. Hillary might have wanted to be President, but I think she would've preferred Obama to McCain otherwise.

Quote:
There did seem to be something going on when she lost her lead on superdelegates and she conceded, but Obama always had a higher chance of winning. Besides, there was no point if she did win; I doubt she'd have beaten John McCain. So there'll be no reason for Obama to have such a deal; she'd have conceded an election he was already winning and he'll look bad if this found out. He'll end up gaining nothing and losing a lot.
No, Hillary would've won, and probably by a wider margin than Obama. Aside from the fact that she would have had all of her supporters, plus I believe she would've chosen Obama as her running mate as she implied repeatedly over the course of the primaries, netting her the Obamanites, plus she would've gotten all the Independents and Republicans that McCain unwittingly chased off but were unwilling to vote for Obama as he was far too liberal. In short, Hillary was better for the Democratic party. However, I stand by my support for Obama since the beginning as I believe he was best for the country.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:51 AM
Ketamine Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ketamine

Paris for president!

Well not really, but most predictions say that it will be a Middle Eastern Country to be hit with a Nuclear weapon in the next 10 years and it also won't be America, whichever country that try's to launch an attack on USA are complete idiots, with USA being the country with best ties with everyone else. With the current warfare between Israel and whichever other country or city it is attacking the future is unclear but most likely a Nuclear war would only start if someone "accidentally" slips some information about the other country like a possible Nuclear attack which most likely be implanted by the USA. Then the USA would have an excuse to join in making them look like heroes. But that's just what I think, other than that no other wars should start in this time, unless some European country wants to join in with the fun.

~TE
Old 01-03-2009, 06:53 AM
charizard ex Offline

Send a message via AIM to charizard ex Send a message via Skype™ to charizard ex

I heard Obama wants to send troops to Russia and pull them out of Iraq.

My FC: 4297-6886-2794

My trade thread:
http://pokemonelite2000.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=108706

Credit goes to Neeno

Battle Frontier Double Challenge Points: 40

Help get the pe2k Olympics approved by the mods

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.
Old 01-03-2009, 07:30 AM
Snow Fairy Sugar Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via MSN to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via Yahoo to Snow Fairy Sugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khajmer View Post
The man who can inspire millions of people is a lazy bum? Right.
Charles Ponzi/Madoff inspired Billions of people and countries. They all got owned bigtime. Just because Obama can(and has) inspire(d) so many people, it does not mean that he can't be a crook. Not that he could be of course, but just pointing out that "But ifs" can be wrong too.

EDIT: And those two are fifty times the man that Obama is.

Last edited by Snow Fairy Sugar; 01-04-2009 at 11:18 AM.