Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Other Pokemon Games

Other Pokemon Games Discuss all Pokemon spin-off games here, including Pokemon Ranger, Mystery Dungeon, Pinball, Colosseum, XD, Stadium, Snap, Super Smash Bros., Hey You Pikachu!, Battle Revolution and PokePark Wii.

Old 11-30-2008, 12:36 AM
ThEcHaMpIoNoFsApPhIrE Offline
Banned

Default I just got Pokemon: Battle Revolution Wii...

and i want to know, is it ne good? i won't be playing it for about a month (early B-day Present)

i'm just curious bout it, what kind of gameplay is it?
how many pokemon is on it?

basically, i'm confused bout it....the confusion hit me just now. lol!
Old 11-30-2008, 12:42 AM
Dark Turtwig Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Dark Turtwig Send a message via MSN to Dark Turtwig
Default Re: I just got Pokemon: Battle Revolution Wii...

Every pokemon is on it, and there are rental passes that you use if you don't have Diamond or Pearl. It sucks if you don't have D/P, but if you do, it's really fun, IMO. It's incredibly easy to beat, and you could do it in a day if you wanted to. You can buy clothes for your character, and make him/her look however you want, basically. It's also how you look in the colosseums, and on wi-fi. Wi-fi is fun, but beware, there are lots of noobs that take their ubers there. I don't know how they get on, but they manage to.

{Steel Leader in the*Official* Pe2k Gyms} {Dark TurtwigxThe Politoed Hunter}
Old 11-30-2008, 01:14 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

*moved to pokemon: Wii section for obvious reasons*
Old 11-30-2008, 02:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Turtwig View Post
Every pokemon is on it, and there are rental passes that you use if you don't have Diamond or Pearl. It sucks if you don't have D/P, but if you do, it's really fun, IMO. It's incredibly easy to beat, and you could do it in a day if you wanted to. You can buy clothes for your character, and make him/her look however you want, basically. It's also how you look in the colosseums, and on wi-fi. Wi-fi is fun, but beware, there are lots of noobs that take their ubers there. I don't know how they get on, but they manage to.
so wait, it's really dump without D/P? because i don't have D/P!!!!

ok, so what starters does it have? (i hope to get cyndaquil!)

oooh, noobs with their pwnsome hacks? sweet! (hey, when i do get it beats, wanna battle? i'll PM you if you want to! ;o)
Old 11-30-2008, 02:41 AM
Dark Turtwig Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Dark Turtwig Send a message via MSN to Dark Turtwig

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEcHaMpIoNoFsApPhIrE View Post
so wait, it's really dump without D/P? because i don't have D/P!!!!

ok, so what starters does it have? (i hope to get cyndaquil!)

oooh, noobs with their pwnsome hacks? sweet! (hey, when i do get it beats, wanna battle? i'll PM you if you want to! ;o)
The pokemon on the rental passes aren't evolve, and pokemon in there do not gain any experience whatsoever. If you don't have D/P, you may as well just sell it. It's that bad without d/p.

{Steel Leader in the*Official* Pe2k Gyms} {Dark TurtwigxThe Politoed Hunter}
Old 11-30-2008, 03:30 AM
Jigglehpuff Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Turtwig View Post
The pokemon on the rental passes aren't evolve, and pokemon in there do not gain any experience whatsoever. If you don't have D/P, you may as well just sell it. It's that bad without d/p.
It is so mindnumbingly boring without d/p... yep you might as well sell it.

DP FC: 1118-1309-7742
Old 11-30-2008, 07:54 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

It's not too bad without DP. I completed it the first time using only rental Pokemon and it would have to be more fun that way than breezing through it with already trained Pokemon.

You can make decent teams using the rental Pokemon anyway, though the later rounds once you've beaten everything would probably be a bit hard.

Basically, it's just battling. It doesn't have a story mode or anything, you just go round to different colosseums and play by different types of rules.

But yeah, it's still playable without DP. You might as well give it a shot anyway. ^^
Old 11-30-2008, 04:50 PM
Dark Lightning Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Dark Lightning

Lol. You don't want to get me started about this game. But, it's just my opinion.

It is a terrible game. <--- Opinion, I don't expect to flamed at now. K?

All it's good for is battling, and even that isn't polished. I know you can turn the commentator's voice off, but it is very annoying, and all there is to do is go around and fight, fight, fight, and the rental Pokemon are really not good. If you have D/P then it wouldn't be as bad, but even then this game lacks really bad. It's a waste of money, IMHO. You can have a shot at it and see what you like, but really, I hated it. [/end of rant]

Also, there aren't any starters in the game. :/
What we really need is Pokemon Colosseum on Wii, or a game that actually has a Storyline.

*hides before he can be flamed to death by fans*
Old 11-30-2008, 05:46 PM
Yoda55 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Yoda55
Angry Re: I just got Pokemon: Battle Revolution Wii...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lightning View Post
Lol. You don't want to get me started about this game. But, it's just my opinion.

It is a terrible game. <--- Opinion, I don't expect to flamed at now. K?

All it's good for is battling, and even that isn't polished. I know you can turn the commentator's voice off, but it is very annoying, and all there is to do is go around and fight, fight, fight, and the rental Pokemon are really not good. If you have D/P then it wouldn't be as bad, but even then this game lacks really bad. It's a waste of money, IMHO. You can have a shot at it and see what you like, but really, I hated it. [/end of rant]

Also, there aren't any starters in the game. :/
What we really need is Pokemon Colosseum on Wii, or a game that actually has a Storyline.

*hides before he can be flamed to death by fans*
Alright boys, lets get em!

^ ^
Click
Old 11-30-2008, 11:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda55 View Post
Alright boys, lets get em!
i'm serious! if i made a mistake in getting this game i will sell it!

or else just not play it till i/my brother gets the DS lite. and D/P

.....nething else? like with rentals can i do online battles? and why don't they evolve?
Old 12-01-2008, 03:04 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Think of it like the rentals on Pokemon Stadium if you've played it. You don't train them or anything, you just battle with them. Everything is set to level 30/50 or whatever.

And yeah, I'm pretty sure you can use rental Pokemon on WiFi if you wanted.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
Think of it like the rentals on Pokemon Stadium if you've played it. You don't train them or anything, you just battle with them. Everything is set to level 30/50 or whatever.

And yeah, I'm pretty sure you can use rental Pokemon on WiFi if you wanted.
actually, this is the first non-GBA pokemon game i've played (i tried gale of darkness but didn't play it long enough to care for it)

ok, i guess they are good levels.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:31 PM
Kendo Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Kendo

Well, it got a 6.5 out of 10.

I didn't find it too enjoyable either. It's really great if you have D/P because then you hopefully have wi-fi and can battle other people. But using the rentals competitively sucks. You get stuff like Charmeleon and Pidgeotto and stuff and you can't change them, I don't think. Most of it is easy...except that darn roulette stage. >:\ Yes, I found it hard.

With DP, it's enjoyable with friends and wi-fi. But without it, it's kind of worse. But if you get Platinum and it can link up with it, then you'll have a wonderful experience, most likely.
IT'S NOT VALENTINE'S DAY.
Old 02-22-2009, 03:54 AM
Leafeon202 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Leafeon202

i got this game when it came out and me being kind of a noob i expected like it be a D/P version for wii but nooooo its just fighting. honestly i fell asleep playing it because its just sooo boring. its fun to play with friends but when you dont have wifi (like i did at the time) it gets old FAST. so i traded it in but then a week later got wifi and found out about platinum so now i need to buy a used one so i can battle with platinum over wifi without annoying friend codes and stuff.

haha i know this post is late but i just joined this website like 2 hours ago lol.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:49 PM
The Amazing Ninja Kirby Offline

Send a message via AIM to The Amazing Ninja Kirby Send a message via MSN to The Amazing Ninja Kirby Send a message via Skype™ to The Amazing Ninja Kirby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafeon202 View Post
i got this game when it came out and me being kind of a noob i expected like it be a D/P version for wii but nooooo its just fighting. honestly i fell asleep playing it because its just sooo boring. its fun to play with friends but when you dont have wifi (like i did at the time) it gets old FAST. so i traded it in but then a week later got wifi and found out about platinum so now i need to buy a used one so i can battle with platinum over wifi without annoying friend codes and stuff.

haha i know this post is late but i just joined this website like 2 hours ago lol.
I don't see how you say D/P WI-Fi is better if it's the same thing. And look, there will never be a console Pokemon game where you can catch Pokemon in the wild ok? I don't see why people keep thinking there will be one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendo View Post
Well, it got a 6.5 out of 10.

I didn't find it too enjoyable either. It's really great if you have D/P because then you hopefully have wi-fi and can battle other people. But using the rentals competitively sucks. You get stuff like Charmeleon and Pidgeotto and stuff and you can't change them, I don't think. Most of it is easy...except that darn roulette stage. >:\ Yes, I found it hard.

With DP, it's enjoyable with friends and wi-fi. But without it, it's kind of worse. But if you get Platinum and it can link up with it, then you'll have a wonderful experience, most likely.
Actually once you beat the game, Mainstreet Collecium (the one with the monkey suit guy), changes and you trade Pokemon with your opponent if you win, but you still have to use rental passes. And yes, it's a permanent trade.

<---credit to sealboyno1 for the awesome banner!

Last edited by The Amazing Ninja Kirby; 03-08-2009 at 09:51 PM.