Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Fourth Generation

Fourth Generation Discuss the fourth generation Pokemon games: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:10 AM
pokenut75 Offline
New Trainer

Red face hi newbie needs crazy help asap

i dont know if anyone still uses this forum, but i bought pokemon diamond a few days ago and i have gone through the elite four and everything and i need to see one more pokemon before i get my national dex and i cant get it because when i go to iron island and meet up with riley my game freezes :-( so there is no way for me to see riolu (sp) is there anyone out there willing to help a stranger?
Old 11-18-2008, 12:01 PM
Elite Dialga Offline

Default Re: hi newbie needs crazy help asap

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokenut75 View Post
i dont know if anyone still uses this forum, but i bought pokemon diamond a few days ago and i have gone through the elite four and everything and i need to see one more pokemon before i get my national dex and i cant get it because when i go to iron island and meet up with riley my game freezes :-( so there is no way for me to see riolu (sp) is there anyone out there willing to help a stranger?
Re-insert your game card several times and try again and if it doesn't work, simply return it to the retailers & get a new one.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:32 PM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

It's kinda weird if it only freezes in that spot. o.o
If you have WiFi you can ask someone to trade you a Riolu in here: http://pokemonelite2000.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=33605
Old 11-21-2008, 07:21 AM
pokenut75 Offline
New Trainer

i have pearl now as well as diamond is there a way to trade from my diamond to pearl so i can trade my rioulu from pearl to my diamond??
Old 11-21-2008, 04:57 PM
Elite Dialga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokenut75 View Post
i have pearl now as well as diamond is there a way to trade from my diamond to pearl so i can trade my rioulu from pearl to my diamond??
Get another DS, trade via WiFi.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:53 PM
atucker22 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Dialga View Post
Get another DS, trade via WiFi.
Because everyone has 120 dollars to spend on a DS to use once.

But if you go to a WiFi hotspot, like a cafe, you can search on WiFi and probably find a riolu up for trade
The "FireMaster" banner done by Thunder1990 My VPP Stats
Old 11-22-2008, 12:03 AM
-Holland- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to -Holland- Send a message via MSN to -Holland- Send a message via Yahoo to -Holland-

Quote:
Originally Posted by atucker22 View Post

But if you go to a WiFi hotspot, like a cafe, you can search on WiFi and probably find a riolu up for trade
I believe this exemplifies one of the reasons why we have friends, so we can, you know, get help from them if we need it...Resources, man.

Anyway, this sounds like a weird glitch, especially since it only happens at that time and place for that certain event. My copy of Ruby used to freeze up, but it would just happen whenever, and for no apparent reason. From my personal perspective, freeze glitches are never any good, because whenever they happen to me, they're very incessant and generally screw up the game I'm playing (I've only had this happen with about 3 games, though).

Since you've beaten the Elite 4, though, you can probably just perform a search for Riolu on the GTS and see what happens. Riolu is generally rather valuable because of Lucario's competitive viability, but as such, there's a lot of them, and thus there's bound to be someone who's offering one for some rudimentary Pokemon you can go catch in about a minute's time.

My Battle Log
Old 11-23-2008, 08:06 PM
Elite Dialga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by atucker22 View Post

He specifically said that he wants to trade from his other cartridge, spending 120 dollars is the only way that comes to your mind?? he can get another DS from his friends maybe??....eh

Last edited by Elite Dialga; 11-23-2008 at 08:10 PM.
Old 11-26-2008, 06:47 PM
Mako Offline

There is a trainer who has a Riolu, in a cave somewhere, he's an expert-dude. Sorry I can't be more specific. It may be in the cave past Jubilife, I think you have to use surf. That's how I got Riolu on my Dex, so I haven't done it in a while.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:15 AM
Elite Dialga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
There is a trainer who has a Riolu, in a cave somewhere, he's an expert-dude. Sorry I can't be more specific. It may be in the cave past Jubilife, I think you have to use surf. That's how I got Riolu on my Dex, so I haven't done it in a while.
He probably knows that, he actually wants to trade his previous Riolu from Pearl to Diamond.