Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 11-13-2008, 04:45 PM
ThEcHaMpIoNoFsApPhIrE Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: HOOTERS.
Posts: 773
Default Re: When does life Begin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly Professor View Post
At no point in time are you any more or less "alive"; from the time you're a haploid cell until death.

You can choose all kinds of other developmental thresholds for arbitrarily deciding when to cease abortions, but being alive isn't really an option.
ok, so that means that if your a Fetus your not given that choice to live? (plz ignore my ignorance)
given Evidence, we just discussed that 21 days after conception the human heart starts to beat, giving blood to working organs. if thats true, then that Fetus is alive, and thus proving that it is murder.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-13-2008, 04:53 PM
Surly Professor's Avatar
Surly Professor Offline
Monsterous
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Terra Incognita
Posts: 2,028
Default Re: When does life Begin?

Nobody is given a choice to be born or not.
Did you decide for your father & mother to conceive you?

I'll say it again: your "life" began as a sperm & egg cell in two separate bodies.

And again: you can choose some point when you want to stop giving abortions, but you cannot decide when a fetus becomes alive, because it's alive before it's a fetus.
__________________

The good can decay many ways.
The good candy came anyways.

Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-13-2008, 05:08 PM
ThEcHaMpIoNoFsApPhIrE Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: HOOTERS.
Posts: 773
Default Re: When does life Begin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly Professor View Post
Nobody is given a choice to be born or not.
Did you decide for your father & mother to conceive you?

I'll say it again: your "life" began as a sperm & egg cell in two separate bodies.

And again: you can choose some point when you want to stop giving abortions, but you cannot decide when a fetus becomes alive, because it's alive before it's a fetus.
so....are you saying abortion is wrong?

i see what your saying, how can we prove if we want to live. scientifically we are just a bunch a plasma and cells. religiously, we are sent here by God for a purpose. supposedly before we came here (i say supposedly because i believe it and you guys might not) we chose our parents and siblings and what-not. thus saying that we did in fact choose to live here. .... think bout that. but lets not throw religion in there. we are talking scientifically.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-13-2008, 05:19 PM
Surly Professor's Avatar
Surly Professor Offline
Monsterous
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Terra Incognita
Posts: 2,028
Default Re: When does life Begin?

No. In fact, I'ld rather there were more abortions than births.
__________________

The good can decay many ways.
The good candy came anyways.

Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-13-2008, 05:25 PM
ThEcHaMpIoNoFsApPhIrE Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: HOOTERS.
Posts: 773
Default Re: When does life Begin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly Professor View Post
No. In fact, I'ld rather there were more abortions than births.
but then there is more murder. if what we are saying is true (like the 21 days after conception theory) then its murder. also, Abortion would encourage more teenagers to go out and get "knocked-up" without worry because they can easily get rid of that "plasma-based embryo" and then that would encourage the growth of HIV and AIDS, among other STD's. i think Abortion should be done away with, to encourage less pre-marital intercourse.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-13-2008, 08:01 PM
Ranma's Avatar
Ranma Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 3,196
Send a message via AIM to Ranma Send a message via MSN to Ranma Send a message via Yahoo to Ranma
Default Re: When does life Begin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEcHaMpIoNoFsApPhIrE View Post
but then there is more murder. if what we are saying is true (like the 21 days after conception theory) then its murder. also, Abortion would encourage more teenagers to go out and get "knocked-up" without worry because they can easily get rid of that "plasma-based embryo" and then that would encourage the growth of HIV and AIDS, among other STD's. i think Abortion should be done away with, to encourage less pre-marital intercourse.
I think you're forgetting that abortion isn't free. =/

And if the baby doesn't want to be aborted, he / she can tell his mother not to abort him / her. That way it has a choice. =]
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-13-2008, 08:50 PM
Strawberry_Kitten's Avatar
Strawberry_Kitten Offline
Amateur Trainer
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 70
Default Re: When does life Begin?

Um, I am unconfortable reading this.
This forum's for kids too, ya know.
Btw, I disagree with abortion.
It IS like murder.

~SK
__________________


Some people get me.
Others think I'm crazy.
If you DO think I'm crazy, click here
Oh, and if you don't, click anyway. You will soon.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-13-2008, 08:55 PM
ThEcHaMpIoNoFsApPhIrE Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: HOOTERS.
Posts: 773
Default Re: When does life Begin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberry_Kitten View Post
Um, I am unconfortable reading this.
This forum's for kids too, ya know.
Btw, I disagree with abortion.
It IS like murder.

~SK
i appreciate that, but you just spammed up my thread. if you have a way to prove its murder then let us know.

Ranma, how can a fetus tell the mother it doesn't want to be aborted? sign-language?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-13-2008, 10:06 PM
zachattack's Avatar
zachattack Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: fewaf
Posts: 656
Send a message via AIM to zachattack Send a message via MSN to zachattack
Default Re: When does life Begin?

Just because it's a multicellular organism with a heart doesn't make it human or alive, imo.

It's alive when it can "think" (aka, feel, see, etc).
That's, like I said, 10 weeks.

I'm' pro-choice, btw. It's not murder unless the thing doesn't want to be aborted, and it can't have an opinion until 10 weeks (or later).
__________________

==
==
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-13-2008, 10:12 PM
Ranma's Avatar
Ranma Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 3,196
Send a message via AIM to Ranma Send a message via MSN to Ranma Send a message via Yahoo to Ranma
Default Re: When does life Begin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberry_Kitten View Post
Um, I am unconfortable reading this.
This forum's for kids too, ya know.
Btw, I disagree with abortion.
It IS like murder.

~SK
If you are uncomfortable with these disscusions, simply don't come to this board. Kids that aren't comfortable can do that aswell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEcHaMpIoNoFsApPhIrE View Post
Ranma, how can a fetus tell the mother it doesn't want to be aborted? sign-language?
It was a sarcastic joke.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-13-2008, 10:45 PM
ThEcHaMpIoNoFsApPhIrE Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: HOOTERS.
Posts: 773
Default Re: When does life Begin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma View Post
If you are uncomfortable with these disscusions, simply don't come to this board. Kids that aren't comfortable can do that aswell.



It was a sarcastic joke.
oh, i see. ok...hahahaha *sarcastic laugh*
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-14-2008, 01:46 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng's Avatar
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: What's a "location"?
Posts: 4,065
Default Re: When does life Begin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEcHaMpIoNoFsApPhIrE View Post
given this fact, does this make Abortion Murder?
No wonder so many religions are against abortion. Now, if the mother's life will be in danger if she keeps the baby, will the mother choose to sacrifice herself, or will she keep her own life and sacrifice the baby instead (i.e. go for abortion)?
__________________
What's a "signature"?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-14-2008, 02:20 AM
ThEcHaMpIoNoFsApPhIrE Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: HOOTERS.
Posts: 773
Default Re: When does life Begin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
No wonder so many religions are against abortion. Now, if the mother's life will be in danger if she keeps the baby, will the mother choose to sacrifice herself, or will she keep her own life and sacrifice the baby instead (i.e. go for abortion)?
if it was a real mother, she would sacrifice herself to save her baby. thats why we have adoption services.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-14-2008, 02:25 AM
Psychedelic Shroomish's Avatar
Psychedelic Shroomish Offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,207
Send a message via AIM to Psychedelic Shroomish
Default Re: When does life Begin?

Life begins the moment you crawl out of the storks womb ~<3
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-14-2008, 02:30 AM
ThEcHaMpIoNoFsApPhIrE Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: HOOTERS.
Posts: 773
Default Re: When does life Begin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline View Post
Life begins the moment you crawl out of the storks womb ~<3
i think this is where your wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshika View Post
If the two cells that make up a person (or what becomes a person) are seperated, does the person (as a pre-fetus blob thing) exist yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachattack View Post
Once it develops the ability to feel pain and function with organs.

Basically, about 10 weeks into pregnancy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
You're right if "shortly before" means around 37 weeks. According to Wikipedia, "The human embryonic heart begins beating around 21 days after conception." And I believe life starts there.
i think this'll rebuttle your opinion Adrenaline. the fact that life begins WAY before that.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com