Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 11-10-2008, 02:32 PM
skiboydoggy Offline

Send a message via AIM to skiboydoggy
Default Re: Our World Today: Better or Worse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Requiem of Verities View Post
More a presumption - but leave me to worry about my country.
Leaving Americans to handle themselves has proven a self-defeating policy since before the inception of the American nation. America needed French aid to even win independence.

Quote:
It would actually depend on how far you stretch the word "world".
World - Planet - Earth. Seven continents, 160+ countries. How much stretching do you want?

Quote:
And unfairness is the root of just about everything - ever heard of the phrase "Life ain't fair"?
So we should sit back and accept it why? Obviously the ideal is a fair world, and ideals is what all men work towards.

Quote:
It was a hypothetical example - I guess I should have made that more clear.

I do believe the country's foundation was built with Christian values, but most people deny it due to "equality". I've heard many cases in America where people were denied their first amendment right - did you know that in Florida, you cannot display the Nativity scene, and yet Middle-Eastern holidays are celebrated? How messed up is that, I ask you?
Firstly, its teething problems. In passing these sort of fairness laws, you invariably gets crap like that. Secondly, people can celebrate whatever the hell they want, Middle-Eastern or not.

Quote:
If change was something people truly feared, McCain would have won by a landslide, because Obama was big on change. The only problem I have with change is that too much can probably corrupt a nation, if not handled responsibly, and I don't think Obama is worthy of such responsibility. I do accept the fact that he has won the election, but he won because of immorality and voters that should have not been able to vote in the first place (i.e. deceased citizens, the situation in Ohio, homeless people [mail can't go to park benches, people], and unpardoned people with a felony).
The fact that 40-ish% voted McCain represents that anti-change group known as the conservative faction. By the way, Obama-Biden is the clear victor over McCain-Palin, whatever the individual candidates may have been.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:55 PM
Azure Offline
Master Trainer

Have you ever heard of 'Universal Adult Franchise'?
Old 11-11-2008, 04:33 PM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey

Quote:
Leaving Americans to handle themselves has proven a self-defeating policy since before the inception of the American nation. America needed French aid to even win independence.
Or maybe I'm a stubborn butthole that's independent - the way America was dreamed by our founding fathers. Oh, but wait; there is a person that wants to erase that... but who could that possibly be...?

*cough* Obama. *cough*

Quote:
World - Planet - Earth. Seven continents, 160+ countries. How much stretching do you want?
When you're dealing with a guy that has a button that says "Reality is for people who lack imagination" on his Facebook profile, anything is possible.

Quote:
So we should sit back and accept it why? Obviously the ideal is a fair world, and ideals is what all men work towards.
Which will never happen, and I can definitely guarantee that!

1. There will always be racism.
2. There will always be sexism.
3. There will always be terrorism.
4. There will always be the feeling of jealousy and ungratefulness.
5. There will always be the fight between religions.
6. There will always be fighting.

Some religions believe the end of the world will end with all of those six details. Some details may be different, maybe the world might not end on 2012 - not many people know about the future for sure. Oh, but wait. There are a lot of atheists on PE2K, as I forgot to remember, so what would they care about what I say when I talk about the Apocalypse?

But anyways, my point is, the six things I have listed above have been increasing steadily over generations, hundreds of generations... So how can we have a fair world, may I ask? There will always be a solid percentage that believes in what's considered legally or morally wrong.

Quote:
Firstly, its teething problems. In passing these sort of fairness laws, you invariably gets crap like that. Secondly, people can celebrate whatever the hell they want, Middle-Eastern or not.

You did NOT get my point. Schools denying the majority just to make the minority happy. Let's say the majority of the school is Christian, and there is a small family that goes to the school that celebrates a different holiday. The school gives in, denies the majority's first amendment right, and their culture is forced upon them, and they're forced to believe that's alright, whilst covering it up with the excuse of them needing "to learn another culture and tolerating it". If school is not where religion is supposed to be expressed, then it has to be true for all religions - even atheism - if we want to be "fair" right? Oh, but we can't do that! It's not right for our precious minority!

-sarcasm-
Old 11-11-2008, 05:19 PM
Snow Fairy Sugar Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via MSN to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via Yahoo to Snow Fairy Sugar

Quote:
Or maybe I'm a stubborn butthole that's independent - the way America was dreamed by our founding fathers. Oh, but wait; there is a person that wants to erase that... but who could that possibly be...?

*cough* Obama. *cough*
Do prove what you're saying...? Prove that Obama's going to be so bad, apart from the fact that he's not as conservative like McCain or Palin.
Quote:
When you're dealing with a guy that has a button that says "Reality is for people who lack imagination" on his Facebook profile, anything is possible.
How is that related? Do explain.

Quote:
[CENTER]Which will never happen, and I can definitely guarantee that!

Some religions believe the end of the world will end with all of those six details. Some details may be different, maybe the world might not end on 2012 - not many people know about the future for sure. Oh, but wait. There are a lot of atheists on PE2K, as I forgot to remember, so what would they care about what I say when I talk about the Apocalypse?
[CENTER]
Why should I, or anyone even listen to that? Why should anyone adopt a defeatist attitude because of that?

It shows mere laziness, and just depending on destiny. "I doubt I will pass my exam if I study, so why should I study? I don't want to waste my time".

There might be some occasions where something may seem utterly futile and hopeless, that's true. But who says that we should just take facts lying down, and not try to fight against it? Is that, in any way, wrong?

Sure, there a few hundred years all those things may exist. But won't we have at least tried? Do doctors show away patients saying "There's no use, he's gonna die anyway?" They'll try their best to save the person. They do not have a defeatist/lazy attitude, thankfully. Life's about trying to face challenges head on, and defeating them. You'll never know until you try; after all. We find out things through trying, experiencing challenges, and learning from our previous mistakes.

If Columbus didn't have a defeatist attitude as well, would he have discovered America? There may be this, there may be that. That's just called caving into laziness, and not wanting to even try. If you get arrested, and there's mounting evidence against you, will you actually say "Hell, I'm being framed, and the FBI's going to pile up foolproof evidence against me, so I'll just go to prison. My name will be tarnished thanks to this anyway". I somehow doubt you'll do that.

And the world isn't divided into people who believe in religions and people who are atheists. There are people who can be a mixture of both- using religion and their own brain + power of reasoning. Galileo for example- Catholic follower, and he proved that Earth is not the center of the Universe, plus revolves around the sun.

So in the end, here's my question to you. Are you saying we should just stop fighting and deal with all the problems we have, since they'll "never go"? Go ahead, complain without trying.

As for the end of the world thing...I'm sure you guys will keep twisting things, like you always do. You'll say "The end fo the world is coming!!!1" today and tomorrow "Wow, no end of the world = god wants us to live for another day! Have faith in his amazing power and love for humanity!"

Just because the end of the world comes, it doesn't mean that I won't keep planning for the future, instead of sitting back and waiting for the world. If the world is going to end in a few years, why bother going to school and getting educated? Tell your parents that "By the time I'll be able to work and earn, the world's end will have come, so what the point? Lemme just play around the next few years." Somehow, I doubt they're going to buy that. Nor you.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:26 PM
zachattack Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to zachattack Send a message via MSN to zachattack

Quote:

*cough* Obama. *cough*

But anyways, my point is, the six things I have listed above have been increasing steadily over generations, hundreds of generations... So how can we have a fair world, may I ask? There will always be a solid percentage that believes in what's considered legally or morally wrong.

You did NOT get my point. Schools denying the majority just to make the minority happy. Let's say the majority of the school is Christian, and there is a small family that goes to the school that celebrates a different holiday. The school gives in, denies the majority's first amendment right, and their culture is forced upon them, and they're forced to believe that's alright, whilst covering it up with the excuse of them needing "to learn another culture and tolerating it". If school is not where religion is supposed to be expressed, then it has to be true for all religions - even atheism - if we want to be "fair" right? Oh, but we can't do that! It's not right for our precious minority!

-sarcasm-
Honestly it sounds like to me you just don't like Obama because you
a) Don't know anything about him
b) Think he doesn't agree with your religion (Which he does)
and c) hate that he's democratic

I see you ripping him to shreds in every single god damn post but you've never provided proof to back it up.

==
==
Old 11-12-2008, 12:04 AM
Shadow Eevee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Quote:

But after our mission is finished - and ever so responsibly.

It is much worse. Much worse. Especially in America.

You know... we are the only country I can think of that doesn't have an official language. And that appalls me. When I heard we no longer have an official language, I thought, "When did this happen?" When my ancestors came over to America, they were forced to learn English! Nowadays, EVERYTHING has a Spanish side! Not really. :/Well, what about Italian?Easy. There's more Spanish Americans than Italian Americans, Japanese Americans, etc. Japanese? Chinese? French? Guatemalan? Filipino? Norwegian? Latin? German? Polish? Dutch? Greek? Russian? African? Farsi? Arabic? I could go on and on, but I think you get my point. They are talking about making signs in America multilingual. When that happens, accidents are bound to go up, because when people pass signs, they'll think, "What did that sign just say?" And then... BOOM. Accident! How can you explain that in court? But then the judges will take pity on them, give them a break, and then we have to count on our government to pay for the damages.It doesn't work like that, if anything, courts are against the guilty party. That isn't right, don't you think?

After all, if OJ could be claimed innocent for a double-murder, people can get away with that.
It's the beauty of the race-card.It wasn't because of his race. That's like saying just because Britney Spears and Hannah Montana are blondes, any blonde will make it in the music industry.
Quote:

Sadly, that above statement is false.

No, it is not the official language. Most people in America do speak English, but it isn't the official language. When I went to the Olympics' official site, it said "None" for official language. Even on Wikipedia, it says none.

In Hong Kong, not in America! We're truly a different place.

Sorry for me being worried about my own country.

No, not racism. At court, he said, "Is it because I'm BLACK?"

Call me racist if you'd like, but the race-card exists.

Says who? It's not a land of diversity and change - it's a land of freedom. However, no one in the world today is free - I can't go out and kill my neighbor.

As I said, English is not our official language. It's our national language, MEANING most people in America today speak it. It does not mean it is our official language.

And a good percentage of America is monolingual! What are you talking about? So? How would you feel if you were to move to another country for freedom, and be completely lost, just because you wanted to have freedom?

Even I am monolingual - but I'm currently learning Latin.
Quote:
More a presumption - but leave me to worry about my country.

It would actually depend on how far you stretch the word "world".

The man got away with a double murder by using his heritage. Murder. I have every right to say that his "race-card" stunt was the prime reason he won - he had a specific blood type that only one in a million people with the African heritage that was found at the scene, something that was undeniable. And the verdict was either unanimous or close to it, but at least he was proved guilty in civil court. A good lawyer may have been something that have contributed to the win, but the jury gave in because he was pointing fingers.

And unfairness is the root of just about everything - ever heard of the phrase "Life ain't fair"?

It was a hypothetical example - I guess I should have made that more clear.

I do believe the country's foundation was built with Christian values, but most people deny it due to "equality". I've heard many cases in America where people were denied their first amendment right - did you know that in Florida, you cannot display the Nativity scene, and yet Middle-Eastern holidays are celebrated? How messed up is that, I ask you? :/ Do you think the Middle Eastern Flordian community specifically planned it like that?

If change was something people truly feared, McCain would have won by a landslide, because Obama was big on change. The only problem I have with change is that too much can probably corrupt a nation, if not handled responsibly, and I don't think Obama is worthy of such responsibility. I do accept the fact that he has won the election, but he won because of immorality and voters that should have not been able to vote in the first place (i.e. deceased citizensObama's grandmother died days before the election. She took him in when nobody else did. If that's not worthy to vote, I don't know what is., the situation in Ohio, homeless people So? They still have an opinion. :/[mail can't go to park benches, people], and unpardoned people with a felony).
Quote:
Obama doesn't want to erase that. :/
*cough* Obama. *cough*

Only if YOU think that.

:/ Minorities aren't like that. I've never seen or heard of anything like that, and it's not like the minority family walks up to the principal to tell him that. And schools barely, if never deny the majority.
-sarcasm-
Comments in bold.
Aside from modern conveniences, people are fighting for pretty pointless reasons, which makes me think the world is equal.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:26 PM

Sometimes I'll never stand being alienated - sometimes, after being tortured by hours and hours of watching House M.D, this makes me feel good. xDDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Eevee View Post
Comments in bold.
Aside from modern conveniences, people are fighting for pretty pointless reasons, which makes me think the world is equal.
And yes - just about everything in everyday American life has a Spanish side. But I'm talking product-wise, not government contracting.

And so what if there are more Spanish Americans than Italian, Japanese, Arabic, etc? I'm sure they could easily win putting their language on a product - the Hispanics won against us, the Americans that speak in fluent English. We overpower them by a great number, but the Hispanics still were able to put Spanish on food labels and whatnot.

And I'll repeat this again for all those who believe OJ didn't win because he used the race card - nobody's really commented on it yet, so it must be effective. The man got away with a double murder by using his heritage. Murder. I have every right to say that his "race-card" stunt was the prime reason he won - he had a specific blood type that only one in a million people with the African heritage that was found at the scene, something that was undeniable. And the verdict was either unanimous or close to it, but at least he was proved guilty in civil court. A good lawyer may have been something that have contributed to the win, but the jury gave in because he was pointing fingers.

Well, my ancestors, in a time worse than our own, WWII, came from Italy, they would have loved to have not to learn English, but they were forced. And they didn't mind. They knew that if they moved to France, they would have to learn French. They knew if they moved to Russia, they would have to learn Russian. And so on. Same goes for here, except the only difference apparently is that, if you come to America, few people seem to care! But what are people going to do when people can't listen to you, because they can't speak your language?

As for the deceased citizens, I'm talking a month before the election started. I think it was OK for her to vote, just not ones that have been dead for longer than a month. But I don't see why she'd vote for him; he called his own grandmother a TYPICAL WHITE PERSON.

As for the homeless people, they need an address to vote. Will they be receiving mail at that park bench they're assigned to? Benches are local property, not the homeless person's. It's not fair I get tons of Obama mail day after day during election month an this homeless person doesn't.

Only I think the fighting will continue? Oh, heavens no. This world is not perfect. Perfection has never been achieved by man. And it never will be.

Lastly, minority does that a lot of the time - you just don't hear it in the media, but they can't bring them to justice to the people of America... but does Kenny's quote "both the user and those that acknowledge are at fault" come to mind? Medias like ABC and NBC are cowards.

[QUOTE]Why should I, or anyone even listen to that? Why should anyone adopt a defeatist attitude because of that?

It shows mere laziness, and just depending on destiny. "I doubt I will pass my exam if I study, so why should I study? I don't want to waste my time"./QUOTE]

Actually, you don't need to study if you pay attention in class.

Saying there will be fighting for the rest of existence is like saying that I will be taking tests all of my life - it's just that tests are in different forms, different identities, different parts of life. Sure, I can hope all I want, Mr. Obama, but all will end the same way.

And yet these tests you metaphorically speak of are completely different from fighting - it's a situation that will always happen. It's like pi - irrational, yet it will always help in the equation to solve the circumference of a circle; it will always be a part of the world.

Quote:
And the world isn't divided into people who believe in religions and people who are atheists. There are people who can be a mixture of both- using religion and their own brain + power of reasoning. Galileo for example- Catholic follower, and he proved that Earth is not the center of the Universe, plus revolves around the sun.
Never said it was. I can't really understand how people in his day were upset, really, wasn't heaven supposed to be the place to be worried about? If they knew they weren't perfect, how could the earth be geocentric? But Galileo saw that, and proved that our universe was heliocentric - well, at least our part of the universe.

Quote:
As for the end of the world thing...I'm sure you guys will keep twisting things, like you always do. You'll say "The end fo the world is coming!!!1" today and tomorrow "Wow, no end of the world = god wants us to live for another day! Have faith in his amazing power and love for humanity!"

Just because the end of the world comes, it doesn't mean that I won't keep planning for the future, instead of sitting back and waiting for the world. If the world is going to end in a few years, why bother going to school and getting educated? Tell your parents that "By the time I'll be able to work and earn, the world's end will have come, so what the point? Lemme just play around the next few years." Somehow, I doubt they're going to buy that. Nor you.
Note every religion has an extreme - even atheism - when it comes to our end. Scientists believe we're on a "crash-course". Christians believe that the Apocalypse will break out on an unknown date - we don't know when it will be happening, but we should know when it has come. And, even though I believe the Lord is caring and just, do you really think he'd keep the world the way it is and leave it to change? Heck, no. He'll change it big time. Read the bible, the book of revelation. "A new heaven and a new earth."

And, in a certain branch of Muslim religion, as I've heard, you have to kill non-believers alongside yourself in order to get a thousand virgins. Still believe a religion has to have a rational ending? Only if you truly believe in the quote that childhood is the kingdom in which nobody dies. So, technically, I don't really blame 2012 believers for going spastic, or acting irrational. Irrational times call for irrational measures.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:22 PM
Azure Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Sometimes I'll never stand being alienated - sometimes, after being tortured by hours and hours of watching House M.D, this makes me feel good. xDDD

And yes - just about everything in everyday American life has a Spanish side. But I'm talking product-wise, not government contracting.

And so what if there are more Spanish Americans than Italian, Japanese, Arabic, etc? I'm sure they could easily win putting their language on a product - the Hispanics won against us, the Americans that speak in fluent English. We overpower them by a great number, but the Hispanics still were able to put Spanish on food labels and whatnot.

And what does this have to do with... anything? It's good right? Equality for all races.

And I'll repeat this again for all those who believe OJ didn't win because he used the race card - nobody's really commented on it yet, so it must be effective. The man got away with a double murder by using his heritage. Murder. I have every right to say that his "race-card" stunt was the prime reason he won - he had a specific blood type that only one in a million people with the African heritage that was found at the scene, something that was undeniable. And the verdict was either unanimous or close to it, but at least he was proved guilty in civil court. A good lawyer may have been something that have contributed to the win, but the jury gave in because he was pointing fingers.

It is your opinion. You do not have fact backing up. Such a statement has no value in a debate.

Well, my ancestors, in a time worse than our own, WWII, came from Italy, they would have loved to have not to learn English, but they were forced. And they didn't mind. They knew that if they moved to France, they would have to learn French. They knew if they moved to Russia, they would have to learn Russian. And so on. Same goes for here, except the only difference apparently is that, if you come to America, few people seem to care! But what are people going to do when people can't listen to you, because they can't speak your language?

Then they have to learn. English is the unnoficial national language in America because a majority of the citizens there speak it. There will always be people who don't know the native language of the place that they live in, they have to learn the language or get someone else to translate.

As for the deceased citizens, I'm talking a month before the election started. I think it was OK for her to vote, just not ones that have been dead for longer than a month. But I don't see why she'd vote for him; he called his own grandmother a TYPICAL WHITE PERSON.

And what is wrong with that? If you think that that's racism towards whites then you're going too far.

As for the homeless people, they need an address to vote. Will they be receiving mail at that park bench they're assigned to? Benches are local property, not the homeless person's. It's not fair I get tons of Obama mail day after day during election month an this homeless person doesn't.

Well sucks for you. Too bad no one cares about your opinion in this argument.

Only I think the fighting will continue? Oh, heavens no. This world is not perfect. Perfection has never been achieved by man. And it never will be.

Which doesn't mean that we just have to give it up. There can never be perfection but as long as people are striving for it, there will always be a balance.

Lastly, minority does that a lot of the time - you just don't hear it in the media, but they can't bring them to justice to the people of America... but does Kenny's quote "both the user and those that acknowledge are at fault" come to mind? Medias like ABC and NBC are cowards.

Again.. striving for equality and perfection cannot be achieved.

Saying there will be fighting for the rest of existence is like saying that I will be taking tests all of my life - it's just that tests are in different forms, different identities, different parts of life. Sure, I can hope all I want, Mr. Obama, but all will end the same way.

So give it up. Be lazy. Let crime take over. Let people murder others, rape pillage, loot. I'm sure we'll all be perfectly happy.

And yet these tests you metaphorically speak of are completely different from fighting - it's a situation that will always happen. It's like pi - irrational, yet it will always help in the equation to solve the circumference of a circle; it will always be a part of the world.

Just as there will always be good people who will try to put others before them and try to help people. This is what creates the balance.

Never said it was. I can't really understand how people in his day were upset, really, wasn't heaven supposed to be the place to be worried about? If they knew they weren't perfect, how could the earth be geocentric? But Galileo saw that, and proved that our universe was heliocentric - well, at least our part of the universe.

Wha-?

Note every religion has an extreme - even atheism - when it comes to our end. Scientists believe we're on a "crash-course". Christians believe that the Apocalypse will break out on an unknown date - we don't know when it will be happening, but we should know when it has come. And, even though I believe the Lord is caring and just, do you really think he'd keep the world the way it is and leave it to change? Heck, no. He'll change it big time. Read the bible, the book of revelation. "A new heaven and a new earth."

They are beliefs. None of them are necessary true.

And, in a certain branch of Muslim religion, as I've heard, you have to kill non-believers alongside yourself in order to get a thousand virgins. Still believe a religion has to have a rational ending? Only if you truly believe in the quote that childhood is the kingdom in which nobody dies. So, technically, I don't really blame 2012 believers for going spastic, or acting irrational. Irrational times call for irrational measures.

These are not irrational time. As you said yourself, there was and will always be bad in the world. There is just considerably less now than there was in the past.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:07 PM

Quote:
And what does this have to do with... anything? It's good right? Equality for all races.
And for equality to be achieved, all in the country must learn our language. How else is one to get respect in this country if two people can't speak the same language?

Quote:
It is your opinion. You do not have fact backing up. Such a statement has no value in a debate.
I had an entire paragraph backing that up! Did you just decide to skip several sentences until you saw something that could have been offensive? xD

Quote:
Then they have to learn. English is the unnoficial national language in America because a majority of the citizens there speak it. There will always be people who don't know the native language of the place that they live in, they have to learn the language or get someone else to translate.
The problem in America is that no one's forcing the English upon anyone, when it is our language, the language our nation was founded upon, and how can our country build without communication? It's like the saying goes, "I can't help you if you can't help me."

Quote:
And what is wrong with that? If you think that that's racism towards whites then you're going too far.
I find that statement tremendously ironic. Note how when a Caucasian man says "black," he's considered racist, ten times out of ten, and when an African American says "white," no racism suspected? The irony is killing me.

Quote:
Well sucks for you. Too bad no one cares about your opinion in this argument.
It's proving a point - it's not just opinion. If you don't receive mail, how can you vote? Seriously, people - you need to think.

Quote:
Which doesn't mean that we just have to give it up. There can never be perfection but as long as people are striving for it, there will always be a balance.
Balance is a symptom of perfection. And if there was balance, there would be perfection, and we don't have either or.

Quote:
Again.. striving for equality and perfection cannot be achieved.
And that's what I've been saying for God knows how many posts! >.>

Quote:
So give it up. Be lazy. Let crime take over. Let people murder others, rape pillage, loot. I'm sure we'll all be perfectly happy.
Some people will eventually give in, just like you forgot a comma after "rape"; they will break down. I did not say we shouldn't try - I just think it's worthless for people to think they can achieve perfection, peace, and balance. I just can't stand it. But no one cares about my opinion, so just don't reply to this.

Quote:
Just as there will always be good people who will try to put others before them and try to help people. This is what creates the balance.
Not balance, per se, but more like what happens when a man takes a drug - the man gets a temporary high. Excuse my sick metaphor.

Quote:
They are beliefs. None of them are necessary true.
None of them are, but one of them will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
These are not irrational time. As you said yourself, there was and will always be bad in the world. There is just considerably less now than there was in the past.
Considerably less? On the contrary, there is much, much more now than ever before, and not just in my opinion; none of this is getting any better. Oh, and that's your opinion, by the way, so I don't want to hear it.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:18 PM
Shadow Eevee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Quote:

I don't know about your ancestors, but when my ancestors had to leave Armenia because of the Genocide, they got tortured, yet still went to Syria and learned Arabic. 15 years ago, their descendants came to America, and learned English. None of them complained about adapting.
Have you ever thought that he meant 'She was a typical white person, and she still cared for me? Besides, considering everything African Americans were called, I don't see anything wrong with that one statement. Plus, didn't McCain dub everyone as 'Joe the Plumber'?
As for the homeless people, they need an address to vote. Will they be receiving mail at that park bench they're assigned to? Benches are local property, not the homeless person's. It's not fair I get tons of Obama mail day after day during election month an this homeless person doesn't.It's not fair that the homeless person doesn't have a home, yet others complain about getting mail.

Lastly, minority does that a lot of the timeNot really. I'm Armenian, and I don't go preaching the 'Armenian Genocide did happen' to everyone, nor do I ask the Board of Education to make April 24 a day off from school. - you just don't hear it in the media, but they can't bring them to justice to the people of America... but does Kenny's quote "both the user and those that acknowledge are at fault" come to mind? Medias like ABC and NBC are cowards.

Quote:
Why should I, or anyone even listen to that? Why should anyone adopt a defeatist attitude because of that?

It shows mere laziness, and just depending on destiny. "I doubt I will pass my exam if I study, so why should I study? I don't want to waste my time".
Actually, you don't need to study if you pay attention in class.

Comments are in bold.
Well, I think that we need to know WHEN are we comparing today to, to judge if it's better or worse.

Last edited by Shadow Eevee; 11-12-2008 at 08:25 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:40 PM

Act II, Scene XII, everyone attacks Geoffrey, take XXIX!

Quote:
I don't know about your ancestors, but when my ancestors had to leave Armenia because of the Genocide, they got tortured, yet still went to Syria and learned Arabic. 15 years ago, their descendants came to America, and learned English. None of them complained about adapting.
My family left Italy around the time it was sort of being held in control, since it was the first one of the Axis Powers to fall during WWII. Their area of Italy was bombed. Luckily, no one died, except for probably my great-great aunt's fiancee.

Quote:
Have you ever thought that he meant 'She was a typical white person, and she still cared for me? Besides, considering everything African Americans were called, I don't see anything wrong with that one statement.
What if I said my friend was a typical black person? Would that be racist? Uh-huh. So being a typical white person isn't racism to you? Bull.

Quote:
yet others complain about getting mail.
That part was kind of a joke - my bad. xD

Quote:
Not really. I'm Armenian, and I don't go preaching the 'Armenian Genocide did happen' to everyone, nor do I ask the Board of Education to make April 24 a day off from school.
I said a lot of the time, not ten times out of ten.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:49 PM
Shadow Eevee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Quote:
Act II, Scene XII, everyone attacks Geoffrey, take XXIX!

My family left Italy around the time it was sort of being held in control, since it was the first one of the Axis Powers to fall during WWII. Their area of Italy was bombed. Luckily, no one died, except for probably my great-great aunt's fiancee.

What if I said my friend was a typical black person? Would that be racist?Yes, because you're 'black' is an ethnic slur, and you're stereotyping an entire culture. Uh-huh. So being a typical white person isn't racism to you? No, because I can tolerate an insult that calls me a color. :/Bull.

That part was kind of a joke - my bad. xD

I said a lot of the time, not ten times out of ten.You seemed to imply they do.
Now that I think of it, with all this stereotyping and such going on, that makes the world negative, but with modern conveniences, it evens up. xP
Old 11-13-2008, 12:03 AM
scubasteveE Offline

Send a message via AIM to scubasteveE Send a message via MSN to scubasteveE

Ugh all those long post are hurting my eyesXD

But all I have to say on the subject comes from a line of a Panic at the Disco song:

"I know the world is a broken bone, but melt your headaches and call it home."

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
Old 11-13-2008, 04:32 AM
Azure Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:

And for equality to be achieved, all in the country must learn our language. How else is one to get respect in this country if two people can't speak the same language?

Because around 95% already speak the same language.

I had an entire paragraph backing that up! Did you just decide to skip several sentences until you saw something that could have been offensive? xD

Really? Here's what you said:

"I have every right to say that his "race-card" stunt was the prime reason he won -"

You have the right. Just not the facts.

"he had a specific blood type that only one in a million people with the African heritage that was found at the scene, something that was undeniable."

That could have been the same with any race not just blacks.

The problem in America is that no one's forcing the English upon anyone, when it is our language, the language our nation was founded upon, and how can our country build without communication? It's like the saying goes, "I can't help you if you can't help me."

ALMOST EVERYONE IN AMERICA SPEAKS ENGLISH!! Why are you going on about lack of communication when there is ALREADY PLENTY OF COMMUNICATION IN THE FIRSTPLACE?!

I find that statement tremendously ironic. Note how when a Caucasian man says "black," he's considered racist, ten times out of ten, and when an African American says "white," no racism suspected? The irony is killing me.

Because the black people have achieved freedom very recently. Give them a little time, like a few decades. This is contrasting with women's rights and sexism.

It's proving a point - it's not just opinion. If you don't receive mail, how can you vote? Seriously, people - you need to think.

Give me stats/

Balance is a symptom of perfection. And if there was balance, there would be perfection, and we don't have either or.

No. Balance is an equal amount of good and evil in the world. Something that we humans are trying to achieve. There will always be bad, no doubt, but it doesn't mean that we have to give up being good to prevent it.

And that's what I've been saying for God knows how many posts! >.>

It's impossible. But there will always be people trying to get rid of it and neither you no anyone else can change that.

Some people will eventually give in, just like you forgot a comma after "rape"; Phail example. It's called a typo. they will break down. I did not say we shouldn't try - I just think it's worthless for people to think they can achieve perfection, peace, and balance. Which are all different things.I just can't stand it. But no one cares about my opinion, so just don't reply to this.

In our ten thousand years of human history, did we break down? No, and we won't for another ten thousand years.

Not balance, per se, but more like what happens when a man takes a drug - the man gets a temporary high. Excuse my sick metaphor.

Take a paralysed person. He will never recover, it's impossible. But that doesn't mean that we have to stop taking care of him, stop giving him nutrition and the like.

None of them are, but one of them will.

What?

Considerably less? On the contrary, there is much, much more now than ever before, and not just in my opinion; none of this is getting any better. Oh, and that's your opinion, by the way, so I don't want to hear it.

Read skiboydoggy's first post in this thread please.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:34 PM
Assaundrell Yumerai Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Assaundrell Yumerai

I understand your answers, everyone, but I guess the best thing to do for now is to survive at this world, especially if you live in a place that is full of bad elements.