Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 03-27-2004, 05:47 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers
Default Wailmer/Wailord

ok, somehow i ended up at Pokemon.com and looked at their Pokedex. it has that nice compare height with Ash thing, it's helpful.
Wailmer: 6ft 7in
that is huge. much larger than i expected it to be. and that is only the pre-evolved Pokemon.
Wailord: 47ft 7in
how in the world can they make a Pokemon that huge and expect it to play in the Anime? that is just insane. in the height comparison, Ash is the size of an ant... and i thought Gyrados was tall. lol

now i really can't wait for the episode that has either or both of these Pokemon in it. i'll be shocked for days i'm sure.

any comments? no spoilers please.

(wasn't sure where to put this, so i thought this was a good board.)

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 03-27-2004, 12:16 PM
Shroomish Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Shroomish Send a message via MSN to Shroomish Send a message via Yahoo to Shroomish
Default Re: Wailmer/Wailord

lol, You didn't know it was that long until now? You should play R/S more instead of maing Lucky Charms. Yeah, it stole the record away from Steelix as the longest mon.
Anyway, yeah, it'll be neat to see it on the screen. (Unless they mae it stupd and only show it jump in the distance or something like that. -_-)

Heh, it'd be a good ep if Ash and co got swallowed by one. :P It wouldn't surprise me if that was in the future story plot.
Old 03-27-2004, 02:12 PM
Missingno mystery Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

I'd like to see Wailord in real size on the eps to . There always changing sizes ! Golducks are around 6', but its smaller than Misty in the anime, and sunkurns 1" but in the anime its 1'!?
Old 03-28-2004, 05:33 PM
Marill Offline

Send a message via AIM to Marill Send a message via Yahoo to Marill

I don't know how they're going to do it either. Probably Make Ash and Co. a spec, while Wailord will probably take up at least half of the screen. Anyways, I can't wait to see it either.
Old 03-28-2004, 07:36 PM
Shroomish Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Shroomish Send a message via MSN to Shroomish Send a message via Yahoo to Shroomish

I say that if they show it battling, it'll be in the water so they won't have to show all of it, just like 1/4 of it out of the water. And, if they do show it jumping out of the ocean or something, they'll do one of those "slow motion shots" where it shows it from underneath with only the sky as it's background. That way Ash and co will never be in the same scene with the full size of Wailord.

Er... I hope you understood what I meant. :P
Old 03-28-2004, 10:37 PM
Marill Offline

Send a message via AIM to Marill Send a message via Yahoo to Marill

I understood every word you said! ^_^ Anyway, I think you're right, they would do it on the surface, where only the head is shown.
Old 03-28-2004, 10:44 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

It would kinda be funny if Ash caught Wailord. Every time he would open the pokeball wailord would squish him!

I wonder how big it would be in the anime. They could have a episode where Team Magma are polluting the Ocean and the Wailord and Wailmer are in distress.
Old 03-29-2004, 12:53 AM
Hector Offline
New Trainer

Well Wailmer come out in Pokemon Heroes and they only show it half way.

-Hector
Old 04-14-2004, 04:49 AM
AggronTrainer Offline
New Trainer

*SPOILERS* In an episode coming up, probably in the end of June, a Wailord beaches itself and May sees it. It's pretty big! Team Rock tries to steal it, they use one of those pick-up thingies but of course Ash&co have to get it back. This is also the ep. where Nurse Joy's Torchic evolves!
Old 04-14-2004, 06:07 AM
KenshinU Offline

Er... Didn't they already show it in that mini episode at the end of the Serebi movie?
Old 04-14-2004, 12:22 PM
Missingno mystery Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin1312
Er... Didn't they already show it in that mini episode at the end of the Serebi movie?
Took me awile to figure out what you ment by "Ending" (I have the DVD, so the short's at Special Fetures, not the end of the movie), but any way, That one was "Wail-MER".