Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

Old 12-02-2008, 04:26 AM
Uomo Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Uomo
Default Re: Have you ever missed the school bus?

I've been taking it since the start of middle school and only missed it once. That one time, however, was serious hell since neither my or my neighbor's parents were home and we had to hitch a ride with an old guy we both only half knew. o_O;

Horrible experience.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:58 PM
Shaymin Za Stalker Offline

I've never rode a bus to or from school out of all of my school years. I may have to ride one eventaully, though. D=

I don't like buses much because they are always too noisy and crowded.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ad.php?t=91611

IGN: Shaymin
FC: 2964-8622-7222
Old 12-14-2008, 09:38 PM

I've missed it plenty of times due to waking up late.

Once, when I was in fourth grade, my friends and I missed the bus and one of my friends had the crazy idea to chase it down three streets. Good times... I don't ride the bus anymore, though.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:55 PM
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight

LoL, not that I can remember! That`s quite amazing since I toke the bus for nearly a year back in grades 3 and 4. Horrible times, horrible!

Thank goodness I get a ride now!

Mew, Meow, Nya

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }
Old 12-15-2008, 11:36 PM
Atropos Offline
Master Trainer

This happened about 3 weeks ago. It was horrible.

Well, I woke up late, about 7:15, while I'm supposed to catch the bus at 7:00. It was 15 degrees out, and I live about 7 miles away from school. So I called my dad to take me to school, since my mom was at work, but he couldn't because he had to go to the doctor's office. So my mom called and started yelling at me for waking up late. She said, "You call your grandmother and you beg her. Don't take no for an answer! I'll call you back in 10 minutes." So I did, and she said that she couldn't because she was out of town.

So, my mom calls back and she said, "Well, are you showered?"

"Yes, mother."
"Did you eat?"
"Yes mother."
"Well, you get on your bike and pedal your a** to school."
"What?!"
"You heard me. Call me as soon as you get there. I'm going to call your school too, and I'll say if you don't turn up, then you're skipping."
"Yes mother."
"Bye."
"Bye."

So, I leave, then find out I left my bike lock at the house, so turn around and go back, then couldn't find it. Later, I slipped on some ice and fell. That happened twice more. I slipped and ran into a mailbox, and my handlebars broke. So, I walked to my friend's house and parked it in a tree and walked the rest of the way.

Total Time: 3 1/2 Hours
Old 12-15-2008, 11:45 PM
Ranma Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Ranma Send a message via MSN to Ranma Send a message via Yahoo to Ranma

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboned911 View Post
This happened about 3 weeks ago. It was horrible.

Well, I woke up late, about 7:15, while I'm supposed to catch the bus at 7:00. It was 15 degrees out, and I live about 7 miles away from school. So I called my dad to take me to school, since my mom was at work, but he couldn't because he had to go to the doctor's office. So my mom called and started yelling at me for waking up late. She said, "You call your grandmother and you beg her. Don't take no for an answer! I'll call you back in 10 minutes." So I did, and she said that she couldn't because she was out of town.

So, my mom calls back and she said, "Well, are you showered?"

"Yes, mother."
"Did you eat?"
"Yes mother."
"Well, you get on your bike and pedal your a** to school."
"What?!"
"You heard me. Call me as soon as you get there. I'm going to call your school too, and I'll say if you don't turn up, then you're skipping."
"Yes mother."
"Bye."
"Bye."

So, I leave, then find out I left my bike lock at the house, so turn around and go back, then couldn't find it. Later, I slipped on some ice and fell. That happened twice more. I slipped and ran into a mailbox, and my handlebars broke. So, I walked to my friend's house and parked it in a tree and walked the rest of the way.

Total Time: 3 1/2 Hours
Wow, that must of sucked.

If I miss the bus, I normally have a neighbor who goes to school also (Though she comes shortly after the bus).

And if I miss her too, and my parents can't drive me, School is only like 5 miles away, which is nothing for me.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:15 PM
Yoda55 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Yoda55
Post Re: Have you ever missed the school bus?

No I haven't.

^ ^
Click
Old 12-30-2008, 12:21 AM
Alana Marie Offline

No!
THE EFFIN' BUS MISSED ME D:<

I was late to the bus stop, but the bus always has to come back down my street anyway, So i was waiting in the "backup" stop with a older classmate (Somehwat of a friend of mine) and the bus comes and we both go to stand on the curb and to flies past us.

I was like DUDE????? I had to walk to school because my mom and dad were not home.
Did I mention I live 3 miles away xD and first period started in like 10 minutes. I had to run..in flipflops. and Was still 15 minutes late because I had to argue withthe tardy lady who refused to belived the bus skipped me xD
Old 01-01-2009, 01:05 AM
Emily Offline

Send a message via AIM to Emily Send a message via MSN to Emily Send a message via Skype™ to Emily

I don't take the bus, so I've never missed it. It was about a fifteen minute walk to school last year and the year before, but this year it's about thirty seconds down hill. I'm really happy because I can wake up late and still be on time. :D