Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 11-08-2008, 01:36 PM
2wings Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to 2wings Send a message via MSN to 2wings
Default One Shot: Imagination

Hey, this is a *very* short piece of writing (My teacher said 1 side of a word sheet..) done for my English homework, thought i'd get some feedback on it before handing it in this week.. We had to write about imagination.. so my story revolves around a child's imagination and a book he's reading.. hope you enjoy.

Imagination

It was silent; of course it was, for he wanted it to be. He didn't like noise, it made him cry. Suddenly, out of nowhere, the bronze figure of a bull appeared, it had horns large enough to be feared and nostrils that would put a boar to shame. How did it happen? It didn't matter, for the enraged bull was charging at him and he was frantically trying to escape.

As he read the book everything in it came alive, and he was drowned into the depth of his imagination.

He had escape from the bull, and now he suddenly found himself to be extremely cold. The fur of his coat didn't seem to be protecting him from the cruel, chilly winds of the Antarctic. He had his hands stuffed in his coat for warmth as he stared at his reindeers proudly.

"Get you postcards! Only five dollars a piece!" A salesman shouted as he came bounding round the corner of the square, a post card of the Australian grasslands held up high in his pale right hand.

He felt warm and something heavy lay on his shoulders, straining his neck. A large Australian python – and yet he didn’t panic, something inside him told him it was alright and he was a braver man, and yet his mind was still that of a child's, for his courage had suddenly disappeared and he wanted to get away from the snake… and everything dissolved once again.

"The adventurer was now in the jungle, cutting through tall grass with a machete. He had the odd feeling that something was watching him, but he ignored it and made his way deeper into the dense jungle."

He turned around and he saw a monkey staring at him through the jungle plants, its eyes ominous looking, and its stomach empty, it didn't hesitate as it pounced agilely.

The young boy forcibly stopped imagining what might've happened next, and he skipped the page without hesitance.

"The adventurer now found himself in a peaceful area, after the many dangerous encounters with bulls, monkeys and snakes, he was happy to see a bird, a peaceful creature, a sign of that he was finally free…"

The sky was purplish – orange and the sun nowhere to be seen. He saw a bird laden on a cactus, and its small eyes stared back at him. He made a step forwards… and it was gone.

"Oh thank God! Joshua I thought I'd lost you for good!" A plump woman said, she hugged him tightly and then announced that they had to be going. Joshua shut his book, titled "You're too small!" And held his mother's hands in his as she led him out of the square.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:50 AM
2wings Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to 2wings Send a message via MSN to 2wings
Default Re: One Shot: Imagination

Lol... No one even commented on this "short" story, but i got a certificate for "Outstanding Narritive Writing" for this piece by my school's English head of year today. There really isnt any point of this thread now D: Unless some people wanna still comment on it i have no problems with it. If it gets locked then i dont mind either.