Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:39 PM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi
Default Re: Palin Strikes Back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Eevee View Post
Um, yeah sure, you can say all your anti-Democrat statements you'd like, but Obama is HELPING the country, he means well.

And I don't see anyway that she could win, let alone pass primaries. If Hillary runs for '12, then Palin has no chance of even thinking of passing the primaries.
Hilary can't run in 2012. Barack Obama would run for Reelection.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:32 AM
Shadow Eevee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Celebi View Post
Oh, oops. I meant it like even if Obama didn't run, Palin couldn't do much with Clinton running.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:36 AM
scubasteveE Offline

Send a message via AIM to scubasteveE Send a message via MSN to scubasteveE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Libra View Post
http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/92002

Palin wants to run for president in '12, opinions?
Palin running for president in 2012.....
Maybe the world will end then.

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
Old 11-11-2008, 01:07 AM
Eeveedude Offline

Send a message via AIM to Eeveedude

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Requiem of Verities View Post
I don't see why so many people hate Palin... I know she is somewhat challenged when it comes to her geographical intellect, but she means well - unlike Obama.
I don't know if I would vote for her in four years (since I will be eligible to vote in that amount of time), because I'm sure there will be better candidates - Romney was a better candidate for the Republicans, and if he runs again, and I hope he will, I will be voting for him, unless certain circumstances occur.
Amen on the bolded part! I don't know much about Romney though. It really stink because next time We vote for a new Pres. I will be 17 and 9 months. 3 months to young to vote!
Old 11-11-2008, 01:23 AM
ThEcHaMpIoNoFsApPhIrE Offline
Banned

Quote:
not if we give him a ton of crap.
everyone, start leaving those stink bombs and he'll leave and the white house'll be white again ;)
and neways, i think he'll give up by then and we'll get someone else in there.
maybe not Palin, hopefully not Clinton, maybe Romney. or maybe some really great person. who knows?
Old 11-11-2008, 01:33 AM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEcHaMpIoNoFsApPhIrE View Post
everyone, start leaving those stink bombs and he'll leave and the white house'll be white again ;)
maybe not Palin, hopefully not Clinton, maybe Romney. or maybe some really great person. who knows?
That didn't work for Bush, why do you expect that to work for President Obama?
Old 11-11-2008, 07:04 PM
Ranma Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Ranma Send a message via MSN to Ranma Send a message via Yahoo to Ranma

Quote:
Racism?

And wouldn't the Vice take over if he left, not a Republican?
Old 11-11-2008, 11:42 PM
Shadow Eevee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Quote:
Way to be racist. :/ Honestly, the people who hate Obama just because of his skin tone and middle name annoy me so much. And the people who randomly say he'll ruin the country aren't on my good side either. But isn't it too early to talk about the '12 election?
Old 11-15-2008, 03:51 AM
Reiji Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Libra View Post
http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/92002

Palin wants to run for president in '12, opinions?

Oh god.. She doesn't even know what VP does and she is considering running for a higher office...
Old 11-15-2008, 03:53 AM
Uomo Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Uomo

Quote:
With the power invested in me, I now pronounce you a racist.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:10 AM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeveedude View Post
Amen on the bolded part! I don't know much about Romney though. It really stink because next time We vote for a new Pres. I will be 17 and 9 months. 3 months to young to vote!
Thankfully, I'll be able to vote next election, and when that time comes, hopefully Virginia can become red again!

Quote:
That didn't work for Bush, why do you expect that to work for President Obama?
Because Bush is smart, of course. That woman wasn't kidding when she wrote the book "If Democrats had brains they'd be Republicans". No offense to any Democrats reading this message.

And besides, Obama will have way more to deal with than Bush did. And our nation will crumble, and we'll be invaded, and we won't be free as we used to be anymore, and everything's just going to be swell! Dx

Quote:
We actually accepted the fact that Bush won and Kerry lost, tyvm. We also waited until Bush as in office, and then a short time after that.

Bull. People weren't quite like you say they were - there were still some rebellions I've heard of for a little while, and that's the way it's been every time a new president was elected since the 1800s. Trust me, I can remember back to the point when Bush first ran for president; when he won, there was an upset like this one eight years back, except it was because of an Electoral College problem.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:36 AM
Reiji Offline
Experienced Trainer

Was the "Bush is smart" statement a joke? Also, insulting other parties is retarded. The smart politicans work together to get something done. Instead of "ur retarded" and "liberals r stupid." That kind of thinking is for those who are close minded.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:03 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Quote:
Because Bush is smart, of course. That woman wasn't kidding when she wrote the book "If Democrats had brains they'd be Republicans". No offense to any Democrats reading this message.

And besides, Obama will have way more to deal with than Bush did. And our nation will crumble, and we'll be invaded, and we won't be free as we used to be anymore, and everything's just going to be swell! Dx
I'm not going into anything about Bush, but are you stating that Harvard graduate Obama is stupid? I wasn't aware that someone who graduated from Harvard on the top of his class would be anything but stupid.

Secondly, you have any proof on your statements of "our nation will crumble", "we'll be invaded", and "we won't be as free as we were before"? I mean, pull out specific statements that Obama made that would dictate that he would do these things. I mean, there has to be a reason other than "he's a Democrat", right? If so, share with us.

Oh, with regards to "Obama having to deal with way more than Bush" is not a reason, but rather a circumstance that McCain, if he was elected into office, would have had to deal with anyways. I believe that most people who were swing voters voted for who they wanted in office, or the lesser of two evils. It doesn't really matter what.

Quote:

Bull. People weren't quite like you say they were - there were still some rebellions I've heard of for a little while, and that's the way it's been every time a new president was elected since the 1800s. Trust me, I can remember back to the point when Bush first ran for president; when he won, there was an upset like this one eight years back, except it was because of an Electoral College problem.
Just like how you guys are causing rebellions because Obama got in, right? What's the difference between an extreme Liberal and an extreme conservative? Both are, of course, in their own right, WRONG. So no, I don't think that your extreme conservative views on the US presidential candidates were fair or balanced.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:29 AM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
I'm not going into anything about Bush, but are you stating that Harvard graduate Obama is stupid? I wasn't aware that someone who graduated from Harvard on the top of his class would be anything but stupid.

Secondly, you have any proof on your statements of "our nation will crumble", "we'll be invaded", and "we won't be as free as we were before"? I mean, pull out specific statements that Obama made that would dictate that he would do these things. I mean, there has to be a reason other than "he's a Democrat", right? If so, share with us.

Oh, with regards to "Obama having to deal with way more than Bush" is not a reason, but rather a circumstance that McCain, if he was elected into office, would have had to deal with anyways. I believe that most people who were swing voters voted for who they wanted in office, or the lesser of two evils. It doesn't really matter what.

Just like how you guys are causing rebellions because Obama got in, right? What's the difference between an extreme Liberal and an extreme conservative? Both are, of course, in their own right, WRONG. So no, I don't think that your extreme conservative views on the US presidential candidates were fair or balanced.
What I meant is that he is mentally challenged when it comes to strategy, which I'm about to explain.

Fine; I'll give you what you want, but you're not going to like what you're going to hear.

There are tapes - I have no access to them at all, but their existence is veritable, with Obama's voice saying that he wants to take down our nuclear weapons and our nuclear defenses. Meaning, he wants to take away the technology that scares other countries from even thinking about invading the US, and the technology to knock nuclear bombs that, if launched in the US, can be knocked into space leaving citizens unharmed.

And actually, extremism isn't necessarily wrong - everyone has an extremist view, and we all have to face it. We all think the extremist views we have are veritable, but you claim that all extremist views are WRONG. So, I'm sorry, you're wrong.

And yes - just like the rebellions we're doing for Obama. Got a problem with it?

Quote:
Was the "Bush is smart" statement a joke? Also, insulting other parties is retarded. The smart politicans work together to get something done. Instead of "ur retarded" and "liberals r stupid." That kind of thinking is for those who are close minded.
I've been seeing moderators on this forum insult Republicans, so I don't want to even hear that it's retarded.

And no, not a joke. Bush is smart. He's just got a lot of bad luck, because apparently he's the punching bag everyone blames everything on.

Last edited by Professor Geoffrey; 11-15-2008 at 06:31 AM.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:31 AM
Reiji Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
What I meant is that he is mentally challenged when it comes to strategy, which I'm about to explain.

Fine; I'll give you what you want, but you're not going to like what you're going to hear.

There are tapes - I have no access to them at all, but their existence is veritable, with Obama's voice saying that he wants to take down our nuclear weapons and our nuclear defenses. Meaning, he wants to take away the technology that scares other countries from even thinking about invading the US, and the technology to knock nuclear bombs that, if launched in the US, can be knocked into space leaving citizens unharmed.

And actually, extremism isn't necessarily wrong - everyone has an extremist view, and we all have to face it. We all think the extremist views we have are veritable, but you claim that all extremist views are WRONG. So, I'm sorry, you're wrong.

And yes - just like the rebellions we're doing for Obama. Got a problem with it?
That tape myth is a scare tactic.