Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 11-10-2008, 09:39 PM
Lord Celebi's Avatar
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 13,317
Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi
Default Re: Palin Strikes Back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Eevee View Post
Um, yeah sure, you can say all your anti-Democrat statements you'd like, but Obama is HELPING the country, he means well.


And I don't see anyway that she could win, let alone pass primaries. If Hillary runs for '12, then Palin has no chance of even thinking of passing the primaries.
Hilary can't run in 2012. Barack Obama would run for Reelection.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 11-11-2008, 12:32 AM
Shadow Eevee's Avatar
Shadow Eevee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Somewhere. :o
Posts: 6,902
Default Re: Palin Strikes Back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Celebi View Post
Hilary can't run in 2012. Barack Obama would run for Reelection.
Oh, oops. I meant it like even if Obama didn't run, Palin couldn't do much with Clinton running.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-11-2008, 12:36 AM
scubasteveE's Avatar
scubasteveE Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,558
Send a message via AIM to scubasteveE Send a message via MSN to scubasteveE
Default Re: Palin Strikes Back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Libra View Post
http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/92002

Palin wants to run for president in '12, opinions?
Palin running for president in 2012.....
Maybe the world will end then.
__________________
Everybody loves a comback! I'm still kicking and still diving.

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 11-11-2008, 01:07 AM
Eeveedude's Avatar
Eeveedude Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: pshh, You'd like to know. >=O
Posts: 2,884
Send a message via AIM to Eeveedude
Default Re: Palin Strikes Back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Requiem of Verities View Post
I don't see why so many people hate Palin... I know she is somewhat challenged when it comes to her geographical intellect, but she means well - unlike Obama.
I don't know if I would vote for her in four years (since I will be eligible to vote in that amount of time), because I'm sure there will be better candidates - Romney was a better candidate for the Republicans, and if he runs again, and I hope he will, I will be voting for him, unless certain circumstances occur.
Amen on the bolded part! I don't know much about Romney though. It really stink because next time We vote for a new Pres. I will be 17 and 9 months. 3 months to young to vote!
__________________
~/||\~
Ask me to Ref if you see me online!
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 11-11-2008, 01:23 AM
ThEcHaMpIoNoFsApPhIrE Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: HOOTERS.
Posts: 773
Default Re: Palin Strikes Back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Celebi View Post
Hilary can't run in 2012. Barack Obama would run for Reelection.
not if we give him a ton of crap.
everyone, start leaving those stink bombs and he'll leave and the white house'll be white again ;)
and neways, i think he'll give up by then and we'll get someone else in there.
maybe not Palin, hopefully not Clinton, maybe Romney. or maybe some really great person. who knows?
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 11-11-2008, 01:33 AM
Lord Celebi's Avatar
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 13,317
Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi
Default Re: Palin Strikes Back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEcHaMpIoNoFsApPhIrE View Post
not if we give him a ton of crap.
everyone, start leaving those stink bombs and he'll leave and the white house'll be white again ;)
and neways, i think he'll give up by then and we'll get someone else in there.
maybe not Palin, hopefully not Clinton, maybe Romney. or maybe some really great person. who knows?
That didn't work for Bush, why do you expect that to work for President Obama?
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11-11-2008, 07:04 PM
Ranma's Avatar
Ranma Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 3,196
Send a message via AIM to Ranma Send a message via MSN to Ranma Send a message via Yahoo to Ranma
Default Re: Palin Strikes Back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEcHaMpIoNoFsApPhIrE View Post
not if we give him a ton of crap.
everyone, start leaving those stink bombs and he'll leave and the white house'll be white again ;)
and neways, i think he'll give up by then and we'll get someone else in there.
maybe not Palin, hopefully not Clinton, maybe Romney. or maybe some really great person. who knows?
Racism?

And wouldn't the Vice take over if he left, not a Republican?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11-11-2008, 11:42 PM
Shadow Eevee's Avatar
Shadow Eevee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Somewhere. :o
Posts: 6,902
Default Re: Palin Strikes Back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEcHaMpIoNoFsApPhIrE View Post
not if we give him a ton of crap.
everyone, start leaving those stink bombs and he'll leave and the white house'll be white again ;)
and neways, i think he'll give up by then and we'll get someone else in there.
maybe not Palin, hopefully not Clinton, maybe Romney. or maybe some really great person. who knows?
Way to be racist. :/ Honestly, the people who hate Obama just because of his skin tone and middle name annoy me so much. And the people who randomly say he'll ruin the country aren't on my good side either. But isn't it too early to talk about the '12 election?
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 11-15-2008, 03:51 AM
Reiji's Avatar
Reiji Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Kyoto, Japan
Posts: 181
Default Re: Palin Strikes Back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Libra View Post
http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/92002

Palin wants to run for president in '12, opinions?

Oh god.. She doesn't even know what VP does and she is considering running for a higher office...
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 11-15-2008, 03:53 AM
Uomo's Avatar
Uomo Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Oregon
Posts: 662
Send a message via AIM to Uomo
Default Re: Palin Strikes Back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEcHaMpIoNoFsApPhIrE View Post
not if we give him a ton of crap.
everyone, start leaving those stink bombs and he'll leave and the white house'll be white again ;)
and neways, i think he'll give up by then and we'll get someone else in there.
maybe not Palin, hopefully not Clinton, maybe Romney. or maybe some really great person. who knows?
With the power invested in me, I now pronounce you a racist.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 11-15-2008, 05:10 AM
Professor Geoffrey's Avatar
Professor Geoffrey Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: My laboratory.
Posts: 6,512
Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey
Default Re: Palin Strikes Back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeveedude View Post
Amen on the bolded part! I don't know much about Romney though. It really stink because next time We vote for a new Pres. I will be 17 and 9 months. 3 months to young to vote!
Thankfully, I'll be able to vote next election, and when that time comes, hopefully Virginia can become red again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Celebi View Post
That didn't work for Bush, why do you expect that to work for President Obama?
Because Bush is smart, of course. That woman wasn't kidding when she wrote the book "If Democrats had brains they'd be Republicans". No offense to any Democrats reading this message.

And besides, Obama will have way more to deal with than Bush did. And our nation will crumble, and we'll be invaded, and we won't be free as we used to be anymore, and everything's just going to be swell! Dx

Quote:
We actually accepted the fact that Bush won and Kerry lost, tyvm. We also waited until Bush as in office, and then a short time after that.

Bull. People weren't quite like you say they were - there were still some rebellions I've heard of for a little while, and that's the way it's been every time a new president was elected since the 1800s. Trust me, I can remember back to the point when Bush first ran for president; when he won, there was an upset like this one eight years back, except it was because of an Electoral College problem.
__________________
❒ SINGLE ❒ TAKEN ✔ LAPRAS RIDER
The Professor of Pokémon Elite 2000.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 11-15-2008, 05:36 AM
Reiji's Avatar
Reiji Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Kyoto, Japan
Posts: 181
Default Re: Palin Strikes Back.

Was the "Bush is smart" statement a joke? Also, insulting other parties is retarded. The smart politicans work together to get something done. Instead of "ur retarded" and "liberals r stupid." That kind of thinking is for those who are close minded.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 11-15-2008, 06:03 AM
Kenny_C.002's Avatar
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hina <3
Posts: 12,268
Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002
Default Re: Palin Strikes Back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Requiem of Verities View Post
Because Bush is smart, of course. That woman wasn't kidding when she wrote the book "If Democrats had brains they'd be Republicans". No offense to any Democrats reading this message.

And besides, Obama will have way more to deal with than Bush did. And our nation will crumble, and we'll be invaded, and we won't be free as we used to be anymore, and everything's just going to be swell! Dx
I'm not going into anything about Bush, but are you stating that Harvard graduate Obama is stupid? I wasn't aware that someone who graduated from Harvard on the top of his class would be anything but stupid.

Secondly, you have any proof on your statements of "our nation will crumble", "we'll be invaded", and "we won't be as free as we were before"? I mean, pull out specific statements that Obama made that would dictate that he would do these things. I mean, there has to be a reason other than "he's a Democrat", right? If so, share with us.

Oh, with regards to "Obama having to deal with way more than Bush" is not a reason, but rather a circumstance that McCain, if he was elected into office, would have had to deal with anyways. I believe that most people who were swing voters voted for who they wanted in office, or the lesser of two evils. It doesn't really matter what.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Requiem of Verities View Post

Bull. People weren't quite like you say they were - there were still some rebellions I've heard of for a little while, and that's the way it's been every time a new president was elected since the 1800s. Trust me, I can remember back to the point when Bush first ran for president; when he won, there was an upset like this one eight years back, except it was because of an Electoral College problem.
Just like how you guys are causing rebellions because Obama got in, right? What's the difference between an extreme Liberal and an extreme conservative? Both are, of course, in their own right, WRONG. So no, I don't think that your extreme conservative views on the US presidential candidates were fair or balanced.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 11-15-2008, 06:29 AM
Professor Geoffrey's Avatar
Professor Geoffrey Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: My laboratory.
Posts: 6,512
Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey
Default Re: Palin Strikes Back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
I'm not going into anything about Bush, but are you stating that Harvard graduate Obama is stupid? I wasn't aware that someone who graduated from Harvard on the top of his class would be anything but stupid.

Secondly, you have any proof on your statements of "our nation will crumble", "we'll be invaded", and "we won't be as free as we were before"? I mean, pull out specific statements that Obama made that would dictate that he would do these things. I mean, there has to be a reason other than "he's a Democrat", right? If so, share with us.

Oh, with regards to "Obama having to deal with way more than Bush" is not a reason, but rather a circumstance that McCain, if he was elected into office, would have had to deal with anyways. I believe that most people who were swing voters voted for who they wanted in office, or the lesser of two evils. It doesn't really matter what.

Just like how you guys are causing rebellions because Obama got in, right? What's the difference between an extreme Liberal and an extreme conservative? Both are, of course, in their own right, WRONG. So no, I don't think that your extreme conservative views on the US presidential candidates were fair or balanced.
What I meant is that he is mentally challenged when it comes to strategy, which I'm about to explain.

Fine; I'll give you what you want, but you're not going to like what you're going to hear.

There are tapes - I have no access to them at all, but their existence is veritable, with Obama's voice saying that he wants to take down our nuclear weapons and our nuclear defenses. Meaning, he wants to take away the technology that scares other countries from even thinking about invading the US, and the technology to knock nuclear bombs that, if launched in the US, can be knocked into space leaving citizens unharmed.

And actually, extremism isn't necessarily wrong - everyone has an extremist view, and we all have to face it. We all think the extremist views we have are veritable, but you claim that all extremist views are WRONG. So, I'm sorry, you're wrong.

And yes - just like the rebellions we're doing for Obama. Got a problem with it?

Quote:
Was the "Bush is smart" statement a joke? Also, insulting other parties is retarded. The smart politicans work together to get something done. Instead of "ur retarded" and "liberals r stupid." That kind of thinking is for those who are close minded.
I've been seeing moderators on this forum insult Republicans, so I don't want to even hear that it's retarded.

And no, not a joke. Bush is smart. He's just got a lot of bad luck, because apparently he's the punching bag everyone blames everything on.
__________________
❒ SINGLE ❒ TAKEN ✔ LAPRAS RIDER
The Professor of Pokémon Elite 2000.

Last edited by Professor Geoffrey; 11-15-2008 at 06:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 11-15-2008, 06:31 AM
Reiji's Avatar
Reiji Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Kyoto, Japan
Posts: 181
Default Re: Palin Strikes Back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Requiem of Verities View Post
What I meant is that he is mentally challenged when it comes to strategy, which I'm about to explain.

Fine; I'll give you what you want, but you're not going to like what you're going to hear.

There are tapes - I have no access to them at all, but their existence is veritable, with Obama's voice saying that he wants to take down our nuclear weapons and our nuclear defenses. Meaning, he wants to take away the technology that scares other countries from even thinking about invading the US, and the technology to knock nuclear bombs that, if launched in the US, can be knocked into space leaving citizens unharmed.

And actually, extremism isn't necessarily wrong - everyone has an extremist view, and we all have to face it. We all think the extremist views we have are veritable, but you claim that all extremist views are WRONG. So, I'm sorry, you're wrong.

And yes - just like the rebellions we're doing for Obama. Got a problem with it?
That tape myth is a scare tactic.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com