Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:36 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Default Are Evolution Stones, radioactive?

Think about it, a Pokemon exposed to a special rock, then it evolves. So, are they radioactive? Built to stimulate a certain part of the Pokemon so it evolves? Really, I think, in real world comparison, they could be to Pokemon.

So, what do you all think?

Discuss obviously.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:04 AM
tomon Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default Re: Are Evolution Stones, radioactive?

well, their just a special kind of rock, who knows if their radioactive. they just make certain pokemon evolve.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:17 AM
Master Aqua Offline

Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua

They probally edmit some sort of electromagnetic radiation, but not nuclear radiation.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:49 PM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey

Well, if we paid clearer attention to what Professor Rowan said in Diamond and Pearl, he said that Pokemon emit a strange energy when they evolve... would this stone have a related energy, I ask? It would be more like these stones are half what they need to evolve; the other half they've already obtained... if you really think about it.

However, this is just an assumption. It could all be a coincidence... or not.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:06 PM
paperfairy Offline

Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Requiem of Verities View Post
Well, if we paid clearer attention to what Professor Rowan said in Diamond and Pearl, he said that Pokemon emit a strange energy when they evolve... would this stone have a related energy, I ask? It would be more like these stones are half what they need to evolve; the other half they've already obtained... if you really think about it.

Eevee's PokéDex claims it evolves when exposed to radiation; and five of its seven evolutions are related to stones; perhaps they give off radiaition that trigger evolution?

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3
Old 11-05-2008, 02:30 AM
faceplant527 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to faceplant527 Send a message via Yahoo to faceplant527

i think when the trainer holds it up to them it combines with thier special power weather its dark electric or grass and boosts them up and they are forced to evolve so they can handle the boost.

kinda like a car. you need to get a whole new engine if you add a turbo. you cant have a regular car with a turbo or it will hurt it, so your forced to change it.

| Links | RIP Ryan |

マンチェスターユナイテッド

Old 11-05-2008, 05:05 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malomyotismon View Post
They probally edmit some sort of electromagnetic radiation, but not nuclear radiation.
How would you know? In fact, nuclear radiation of different types could well be involved, and could very well be what's needed to mutate something. Such as evolving Pokemon...

Now that I rthink about it, Pokemon evolution could be just a name. It could actually be a specific, tried and tested successful form of Pokemon mutation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Requiem of Verities View Post

Hmm... you (and Professor Rowan) could very well be right. But we must consider other factors as well, and even you two would agree with me on this, right? If not, I'll have to check again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperfairy View Post
Eevee's PokéDex claims it evolves when exposed to radiation; and five of its seven evolutions are related to stones; perhaps they give off radiaition that trigger evolution?
Oh, right, Eevee. For all we know, it could be found that Eevee could evolve with ALL stones and the mystery is finally solved. And stones could very well have radiation and particles etc of different wavelengths and/or types etc. But one thing's for sure: every stone contains energy, and each has a particular type of energy that does its particular job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faceplant527 View Post
i think when the trainer holds it up to them it combines with thier special power weather its dark electric or grass and boosts them up and they are forced to evolve so they can handle the boost.

kinda like a car. you need to get a whole new engine if you add a turbo. you cant have a regular car with a turbo or it will hurt it, so your forced to change it.
Pokemon won't be that easily compelled to do that. Besides, a car's a non-living thing, and Pokemon are living things. Therefore, they may very well have limits that easily surpass the power ot the stones.

And speaking of stones, I was also thinking about this: how about allowing stones to be held items for Pokemon as well (to save inventory space), and when the pokemon levels up, it evolves, and the stone is used up. Apparently Pokemon can touch the stones without evolving, as in Pikachu's case, when it pushed away the Thunderstone with its tail after losing to Lt Surge's Raichu.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:22 AM
Dark Turtwig Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Dark Turtwig Send a message via MSN to Dark Turtwig

Oh, come on. EVERYONE knows that evolution stones are bombs made by Alakazams and when they come in contact with certain pokemon, the pokemon absorbs it's radioactive energy and deactivates the bomb, but the pokemon must evolve to fully deactivate the bomb and completely absorb the energy.
DUH!

{Steel Leader in the*Official* Pe2k Gyms} {Dark TurtwigxThe Politoed Hunter}
Old 11-06-2008, 08:37 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Turtwig View Post
Oh, come on. EVERYONE knows that evolution stones are bombs made by Alakazams and when they come in contact with certain pokemon, the pokemon absorbs it's radioactive energy and deactivates the bomb, but the pokemon must evolve to fully deactivate the bomb and completely absorb the energy.
DUH!
You mean NO-ONE (but you) knows that. I'll prove it by contradiction. Assume you're right, so Alakazams made bombs known as "evolution stones". Then, Alakazams control certain evolutions. But then, it makes no sense to evolve only certain Pokemon, and why use multiple stones for the job when a universal one will suffice? Added that Alakazams have very high IQ, there's no way they'll be stupid enough to do that, hence the contradiction. Also, there's the Mew factor, which I will decline to explain, since to over half the users here, it's self explanatory.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:54 PM
Leki Fenrir Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Leki Fenrir

I always considered the Evolutions Stones to be pure 'ore' of an Elemental Power. And the reason a Pokemon could Evolve with it is because they can absorb it and use the power to take the next step of Evolution.

To a real world comparison, I think it would stay the same; being we still have elements- just not as....In your face (unless it's a 'Natural Disaster'...Then it's kinda in your face).

[ - ] Lanturn@3412 glubglub~Zap ~ Lynx

"Oops..." | x1247 2395 4877 | "...My finger slipped..."
Old 11-06-2008, 05:19 PM
Dark Turtwig Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Dark Turtwig Send a message via MSN to Dark Turtwig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
You mean NO-ONE (but you) knows that. I'll prove it by contradiction. Assume you're right, so Alakazams made bombs known as "evolution stones". Then, Alakazams control certain evolutions. But then, it makes no sense to evolve only certain Pokemon, and why use multiple stones for the job when a universal one will suffice? Added that Alakazams have very high IQ, there's no way they'll be stupid enough to do that, hence the contradiction. Also, there's the Mew factor, which I will decline to explain, since to over half the users here, it's self explanatory.
Ugh, don't you know that when the Alakazams make the bombs, the radioactivity numbs the common sense part of their brain!

{Steel Leader in the*Official* Pe2k Gyms} {Dark TurtwigxThe Politoed Hunter}
Old 11-06-2008, 05:37 PM
ThEcHaMpIoNoFsApPhIrE Offline
Banned

well, in Humans, radiation changes our DNA, right? maybe these stones are the less powerfull radiation, but radiation all the same. i'm studying genetics right now, and it says through mutation, if one letter in the amino acids and what-not is changed, the whole meaning changes. like so: THE DOG BIT THE CAT means that the dog is probably tearing that thing to peices, but if you change the T to an R, like so: THE DOG BIT THE CAR it means that the dog is eating something hard, metally, and might run him over. so in eevee's, lets say there code went along like: I AM AN EEVEE and you change the last one to say, UMBREON through all of mutation methods, that eevee will undergo instant changes and radioactivity, thus forcing it to glow fancilly and physically change. like spider-man ^_^.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:37 PM
Elite Dialga Offline

Cool Re: Are Evolution Stones, radioactive?

Lmao..this is the most lame jargon I have ever come across, all posts and information given by people, bogus & futile, there is no such evidence of whether stones are radioactive i.e emit α- particles, β - particles or γ-rays or whether they emit electromagnetic waves whatsoever...so there's no point in discussing this aimless topic since it will not lead you anywhere...so stop talking gibberish...eh

Last edited by Elite Dialga; 11-06-2008 at 07:44 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:45 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

theres always someone on each thread that posts for no reason other then to say this thread sucks, you people should not post if you arent going to take part in whats being talked about.

and as for as stone, pokemon emiting strange energy when they evolve opens them up for a world of possibilties. That means that diamond and pearl is just playing off the fact that maybe any pokemon can evolve with a stone, all you would have to do is find the right stone and you evolve anything....

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 11-06-2008, 06:51 PM
Elite Dialga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unreal Shadow Tracker View Post
theres always someone on each thread that posts for no reason other then to say this thread sucks, you people should not post if you arent going to take part in whats being talked about.

and as for as stone, pokemon emiting strange energy when they evolve opens them up for a world of possibilties. That means that diamond and pearl is just playing off the fact that maybe any pokemon can evolve with a stone, all you would have to do is find the right stone and you evolve anything....
Well "TEH WORLLLD OF POZZIBILITIEZ" you just opened has nothing to do with what has been asked in the question either...read the first post...

Last edited by Elite Dialga; 11-06-2008 at 07:09 PM.