Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Third Generation

Third Generation Discuss the third generation Pokemon games: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen.

Old 06-17-2005, 03:42 PM
Demon_Shiron Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Demon_Shiron
Question Lt.Surge Help

Can someone tell me what a good ground-type Poke'mon I should use against Lt.Surge on Firered?

I Am Everything You Ever Were Afraid Of

My Friend Code: 2922-3457-5225
Old 06-17-2005, 03:56 PM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Default Re: Lt.Surge Help

A Diglett or Dugtrio is easy to use, especially because you can catch one right in Vermillion in Diglett's cave ^^
Old 06-17-2005, 04:39 PM
Demon_Shiron Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Demon_Shiron

What LV does Diglett evolve?

I Am Everything You Ever Were Afraid Of

My Friend Code: 2922-3457-5225
Old 06-17-2005, 05:24 PM
Omis Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Omis Send a message via Yahoo to Omis

level 26...
you can catch Dugtrio from the cave as well, but if you'd rather evolve it, go ahead.

Join the Alienne Region RPG. Get in on the game.
Old 06-18-2005, 09:19 PM
Princess Serenity Offline
New Trainer

It would be good if the diglet/dugtrio had the attack dig aswell

My Sailor Moon club!
We need more members, so if you love Sailor Moon we are looking for a :
Sailor Venus, Sailor Chibi Moon, Sailor Neptune, A Sailor Star or your fan Char!
So pm me for details!
Old 06-19-2005, 10:25 AM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Deathspector Send a message via Yahoo to Deathspector

You can use a Graveller, seeing that you can get one every time you use Rock Smash (Mostly as a Geodude though)

You can't make it a Golem unless you trade though...

// The Poet Of The Fall \\
^ Last update: 22 June 2009 ^
Old 06-19-2005, 06:14 PM
Angelic Kitsune Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Angelic Kitsune Send a message via MSN to Angelic Kitsune

I searched until I got a Diglett with magnitude!Squirtle was my starter,but Surge didn't stand a chance

I hate my reputation.
Search my posts and die.
Old 06-19-2005, 09:25 PM
Nemesis Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyPkmnMaster
I searched until I got a Diglett with magnitude!Squirtle was my starter,but Surge didn't stand a chance
...usually I dump my starter so it doesn't really matter what I pick... ...but yeah Dugtrio or Gravler would work fine though I personally never had truoble with any of the gym leaders... ...the only thing I actually had trouble with is the Elite 4, but thats just because ma pokemon are usually about 15 levels lower than Loriell's (...I mispelled it bu you know who I mean)...

Thank you, Daniella Defines Divinity, for this banner.

Come not between the Nazgűl and his prey! Or he will not slay thee in thy turn. But bear thee away to the houses of lamantation, beyond all darkness, where thy flest shal be devoured, and thy shriveled mind be left naked before the Lidless Eye!

-Witch King

Practice makes perfect but since nobody is perfect, why practice?
Old 06-19-2005, 11:48 PM
Angelic Kitsune Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Angelic Kitsune Send a message via MSN to Angelic Kitsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
...usually I dump my starter so it doesn't really matter what I pick... ...but yeah Dugtrio or Gravler would work fine though I personally never had truoble with any of the gym leaders... ...the only thing I actually had trouble with is the Elite 4, but thats just because ma pokemon are usually about 15 levels lower than Loriell's (...I mispelled it bu you know who I mean)...
Its Lorelei.The first time I couldn't beat her,until I raised my Aerodactyl like 10 levels higher than her pokemon so rock slide could knock them out with one hit

I hate my reputation.
Search my posts and die.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:38 AM
LaprasRider Offline
Banned

Both Pikachu and Raichu have low Defense, you should try to choose a Pokemon with high Attack. Comparing Attack points between Geodude and Diglett, Geodude would be the better choice. Because Pikachu's and Raichu's attacks are Electric and Normal, Geodude would also be a good Defense against them with its high Defense and the fact that Normal attacks are Not Very Effect against Rock-types. Being half Ground-type Geodude is also resistant to Electric attacks. If you teach it Dig or if it knows Magnitude (learnt at Level 16), you should have no problem Knocking Out those two. Voltord has higher Defense but the same type attacks. Sonicboom could be trouble if Geodude has taken a lot of damage since Sonicboom is a 20-damage set move.

Anyway, Geodude is a good choice against Lt. Surge overall compared to Diglett. Hope this helped and good luck!
Old 06-20-2005, 03:12 PM
Nemesis Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyPkmnMaster
Its Lorelei.The first time I couldn't beat her,until I raised my Aerodactyl like 10 levels higher than her pokemon so rock slide could knock them out with one hit
...you had trouble with Lorelei? The only thing that gave me trouble in the entire elite 4 was my rivals Tyranitar (it was like twenty levels higher then all of my pokemon)... ...and his Blastoise was some trouble because its new ice beam which could OHKO my Dragonite and earthquake which could take a huge chunk of HP from my Blissey... ...other than that and Agatha's secound Gengar and Misdrevous (...mispelled that too) pretty much every single other pokemon the elite 4 (and the champion) had fell rather quickly and easily...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaprasRider
Both Pikachu and Raichu have low Defense, you should try to choose a Pokemon with high Attack. Comparing Attack points between Geodude and Diglett, Geodude would be the better choice. Because Pikachu's and Raichu's attacks are Electric and Normal, Geodude would also be a good Defense against them with its high Defense and the fact that Normal attacks are Not Very Effect against Rock-types. Being half Ground-type Geodude is also resistant to Electric attacks. If you teach it Dig or if it knows Magnitude (learnt at Level 16), you should have no problem Knocking Out those two. Voltord has higher Defense but the same type attacks. Sonicboom could be trouble if Geodude has taken a lot of damage since Sonicboom is a 20-damage set move.

Anyway, Geodude is a good choice against Lt. Surge overall compared to Diglett. Hope this helped and good luck!
...back on topic... ...yeah overall a geodude would be a better choice, you try evolving it to a gravler first, and then if you can trade it to another version to evolve it to a Golum , though if not a geodude/gravler should be enough to take down Lt. Surge...

Thank you, Daniella Defines Divinity, for this banner.

Come not between the Nazgűl and his prey! Or he will not slay thee in thy turn. But bear thee away to the houses of lamantation, beyond all darkness, where thy flest shal be devoured, and thy shriveled mind be left naked before the Lidless Eye!

-Witch King

Practice makes perfect but since nobody is perfect, why practice?