Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 01:59 AM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi
Default Re: Poll Shows Obama Beats McCain among Early Voters

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Requiem of Verities View Post

Obama is Muslim, and it's been proven.
Want the proof? I'd be very glad to share my discovery.
And it was on a LIVE NBC interview.
Video or it didn't happen.

Quote:
Never said that voting Democrat is being stupid.
I said voting Obama or Kerry was.
Because our governor is Democrat, and he's doing a fairly decent job.
Its less stupid than voting for Bush.

Quote:
Pissed off at Bush... because everyone blames everyone on him, when really it's Clinton's fault.
The whole 9/11 thing, right? Yeah, I don't know how 9/11 could have been Clinton's fault if Bush ignored the notice on his desk that said "Osama bin Laden determined to strike in US. WTC is one of the targets." I really don't know how anything can be more specific.

Quote:
Ignorant? It's more like being observant. He refused to wear an American lapel pin until conservatives complained.
Its a shiny piece of metal. George Washington didn't wear one.

Quote:
Most Muslims hate Americans.
Most racists believe in stereotypes.

Quote:
He refused to stand and say the pledge of allegiance.
You're referring to that picture, right? That wasn't actually the Pledge they were saying, it was the Anthem, and you don't need to put your hand over your heart for that.

Quote:
Most Muslims hate Americans. He said "my Muslim faith". See where I'm going with this...?
Sauce?

Quote:

It was confirmed that it did, indeed work. Check your sources. xP
By who? The arbiter of surges working? I just told you why it worked. All they did was put more troops in Fallujah and then bribe tribal chiefs to kill each other. So, if by 'surge' you mean 'bribery,' then yes, it did work.

Quote:

Because he offers ONLY what the people want. Not offering a better solution that will better help the people. It may be a democracy, but it's all about people sharing their opinions and others seeing that and level it up with what they believe.

Him saying the Surge work really says that he only offers what people want...

Quote:
I don't believe Osama's dead. We do believe he is hiding in the Hindu-Kush mountains. If you don't know where that is, look it up. Eastern part of the Indian subcontinent. Only inhabitants? Tribes that are loyal only to those who have similarities.
A) You can't go traversing mountain ranges with failing kidneys, since you can't drag a dialysis machine.
B) This is news to me. Last I heard, he was on the Pakistani Border.

Quote:
And they'll keep following us until one side gives in.

Yeah, but how? They have no navy and they have no air support. They can't launch a military campaign against us, all they can do is random bombings. And again, because we're occupying Iraq, it only increases their membership.

Quote:
Sounds odd doesn't it? But we have to think about all the pieces on the chess board.
What they think doesn't matter. At all.

Quote:
Don't need an army or anything. I doubt they have airpower in some way or another. And if you think we can stop that kind of stuff, it is very possible to get in another's country, look at 9-11. That wasn't Bush's fault. It was Clinton's, truth indeed.
Again, they can't launch a military campaign against us. They don't have the forces nor the weaponry. And it isn't Clinton's fault. See above.

Quote:
America is NOT a fortress. Those who do think that much... That's insane.
No, but, again, THEY CAN'T LAUNCH A MILITARY CAMPAIGN AGAINST US.

Quote:
Just had to say that, didn't you?
Yeah, I did, because I mean it.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:00 AM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Away View Post
Fixed

Word rule.

And... in my opinion...? Heh. Right. How is it possible that he slipped THAT coincidentally? Tell me.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:02 AM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Quote:

And... in my opinion...? Heh. Right. How is it possible that he slipped THAT coincidentally? Tell me.
McCain said that everyone in Pennsylvania was a racist. Oh wait, he just slipped up.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:02 AM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:

Word rule.

I didn't violate the word rule. There were four words that I wrote in that post. That rule is stupid anyways. :P

Carrying on

The fact that you can't even consider the possibility that the subject of Islam might have been on his mind considering the context of the interview as it was progressing (talking about his own faith) when there are so many people who call him a Muslim on a daily basis shows that you've already instilled an idea in your head anyways. I've done that sort of thing a lot of times. Are you telling me that every time I use a word different than what I meant to say, I actually meant what I just said? I guess I'd better go tell my Spanish teacher she really is my mom.

Hi

Old 10-30-2008, 02:04 AM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Away View Post
I didn't violate the word rule. There were four words that I wrote in that post. That rule is stupid anyways. :P
Hi, I'm a mod. Please follow the rules.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:05 AM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Celebi View Post
Hi, I'm a mod. Please follow the rules.
Hi, I'm a member and I find your rules annoying, yet I follow them anyways.

That has what to do with this?

Hi

Old 10-30-2008, 02:11 AM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey

Take seventeen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Celebi View Post
Video or it didn't happen.
I put a video in. I edited the post.

Quote:
Its less stupid than voting for Bush.
And now, by that, you're saying it's stupid to vote Republican.

Quote:
The whole 9/11 thing, right? Yeah, I don't know how 9/11 could have been Clinton's fault if Bush ignored the notice on his desk that said "Osama bin Laden determined to strike in US. WTC is one of the targets." I really don't know how anything can be more specific.
There's a truthful story that traces back that it was Clinton's fault, but I'm just going to assume you're not interested.

Quote:
Its a shiny piece of metal. George Washington didn't wear one.
That symbolizes America...? They most likely didn't have them in popular demand back then. Now that they are, and he refusing to wear it, WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU?

Quote:
Most racists believe in stereotypes.
Yeah, but those who aren't believe in studies.

Quote:
You're referring to that picture, right? That wasn't actually the Pledge they were saying, it was the Anthem, and you don't need to put your hand over your heart for that.
I heard about this Obama being unpatriotic before the image was created... And yes you do, if you're a good American!
Quote:
By who? The arbiter of surges working? I just told you why it worked. All they did was put more troops in Fallujah and then bribe tribal chiefs to kill each other. So, if by 'surge' you mean 'bribery,' then yes, it did work.
But you said earlier that it didn't work.

Quote:
The surge didn't work. All it did was bring the crap back to shoe-level.
Hypocritical, that's all I can say.

Quote:
Him saying the Surge work really says that he only offers what people want...
Oh, that's on a much greater list. I could tell you the top ten, but you're too convinced.

Quote:
Yeah, but how? They have no navy and they have no air support. They can't launch a military campaign against us, all they can do is random bombings. And again, because we're occupying Iraq, it only increases their membership.
Right. Like they need an army. They're opposing as a challenge for us, and you're saying they need an army or a navy? And like they can't get air support if they don't have it in the first place?

Quote:
What they think doesn't matter. At all.
If our general said that, he would have a pink slip waiting on his desk the next day.

Quote:
Again, they can't launch a military campaign against us. They don't have the forces nor the weaponry. And it isn't Clinton's fault. See above.
See below statement.

Quote:
No, but, again, THEY CAN'T LAUNCH A MILITARY CAMPAIGN AGAINST US.
Maybe so, but they can do things that are more so inevitable.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:27 AM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Quote:
Take seventeen.

I put a video in. I edited the post.
Saw it, replied to it.

Quote:
And now, by that, you're saying it's stupid to vote Republican.
No, I'm just saying its stupid to vote for Bush. :P

Quote:
There's a truthful story that traces back that it was Clinton's fault, but I'm just going to assume you're not interested.
That he could have killed Osama bin Laden, etc... Yeah, heard it already. You know, it is totally Clinton's fault, now that I think about it. I mean, its not up to Bush to read notices about incoming terrorist attacks, right?

Quote:
That symbolizes America...? They most likely didn't have them in popular demand back then. Now that they are, and he refusing to wear it, WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU?
That flag pins are stupid anyway?

Quote:
Yeah, but those who aren't believe in studies.
Very few Muslims are the extremist variety that hate Obama. Like I've said before, proof or it didn't happen.

Quote:
I heard about this Obama being unpatriotic before the image was created... And yes you do, if you're a good American!
Dude, who knows, maybe he was tired of shaking hands all day? It was one time that some Republican journalist took advantage of... I don't see the point in that.

Quote:
But you said earlier that it didn't work.
I said, in some sick way, it did. Militarily, it failed. But the bribing part worked, and that's what the Republicans are saying.

Quote:
Oh, that's on a much greater list. I could tell you the top ten, but you're too convinced.
Let me tell you, I used to be a huge Hillary supporter. I'm pretty open minded, convince me.

Quote:
Right. Like they need an army. They're opposing as a challenge for us, and you're saying they need an army or a navy? And like they can't get air support if they don't have it in the first place?
I don't know... They need those things to occupy a significant amount of territory?

Quote:
If our general said that, he would have a pink slip waiting on his desk the next day.
No, because the terrorists are like school-yard bullies. They're like "America! You're gay! Hahaha! Scardey-cat!" You ignore their pitiful attempts at harassment and they stop harassing you.

Quote:
Maybe so, but they can do things that are more so inevitable.
All they can do is blow up a building at a time, and very slowly at that. They've been trying to pull off another attack for seven years now, but the CIA and FBI are on the ball now and take those notices on the President's desk seriously. :P
Old 10-30-2008, 02:38 AM
pseudopseudo Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
Geez... a little dogmatic here, aren't we?

Its how its used is the problem. What they reveal influences how people vote in the western states, and that can screw up an election (I.E. "Oh, I don't need to vote because so-and-so is going to win anyway).

These kinds of outcomes and decisions should be behind closed doors, that's all I'm saying. There's a reason why not everything the FBI and the CIA does is leaked to the press.
Sorry, but that doesn't seem very realistic: "Oh, I don't need to vote because so-and-so is going to win anyway." You could reverse it anyways and get: "Oh, so-and-so isn't winning, so I need to go and vote for him." If anyone does think that, it's his/her own fault for having such faulty logic, not the media's.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:18 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudopseudo View Post
Sorry, but that doesn't seem very realistic: "Oh, I don't need to vote because so-and-so is going to win anyway." You could reverse it anyways and get: "Oh, so-and-so isn't winning, so I need to go and vote for him." If anyone does think that, it's his/her own fault for having such faulty logic, not the media's.
Doesn't seem realistic? Why do you think half the country doesn't even vote? If you're living all the way in Hawaii, and you see that most of the states have been determined already, how much do you think your vote will really matter for such a small state?

No, I don't agree that the media should be able to report on the results of the electoral voting WHILE its still going on in other states. You don't allow people to change bets in a horse race while the race is going on, and the same concept should be applied here. No broadcast of results until everything is in.

Old 10-30-2008, 03:25 AM
Dancing Mad Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Dancing Mad

Personally I would vote Independent. Both Obama and McCain are confined by their party's lines. You are basically voting Democrat and Republican. Why vote on two parties that have a strangle hold on our political system because of there financial advantages. The United States needs real change and this isn't going to come by voting Republican or Democrat. They have the same old ideas which got us into this situation in the first place. Until people free from the confines of a political we are going to be stuck in this same vicious cycle of Republican and Democrat Presidents.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:25 AM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
No, I don't agree that the media should be able to report on the results of the electoral voting WHILE its still going on in other states. You don't allow people to change bets in a horse race while the race is going on, and the same concept should be applied here. No broadcast of results until everything is in.
Those actually aren't results. They're predicted results. :P
Old 10-30-2008, 03:32 AM
Sixto Offline
Sofa King Cool

Send a message via AIM to Sixto Send a message via MSN to Sixto

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVhHIjRGDW4

It's true; 100% of it. It happened on a live interview. There is NO denying it! I don't see how you can persist to shun the truth after THAT, especially!
As ArcanineSavior said, I think it was the fact that McCain called him Muslim. Everyone makes mistakes, and of course, because he is who he is for what he's running, everyone will notice what he's doing. I have been in the same situation in real life, saying what I wasn't trying to say, but because he's Obama, everyone's paying attention.

Yes, I support Obama, and I'm voting Obama-Biden in 6 days. Too bad majority of Texans support McCain. =/
Old 10-30-2008, 03:39 AM
Dancing Mad Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Dancing Mad

Why does it even matter if Obama is Muslim? This really shouldn't even matter in this election. McCain is just preying on people's fears of the unknown. I don't give a darn if a presidential candidate is a die hard Christian, an atheist or a Muslim. I think the President should just be cable of running the country at its full potential and it doesn't matter what race, religion or sex he or she is.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:50 AM
Sixto Offline
Sofa King Cool

Send a message via AIM to Sixto Send a message via MSN to Sixto

Oh, the irony: