Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 12-31-2008, 06:55 AM
Caraa Offline

Send a message via AIM to Caraa
Default Re: Pre-marital sexual relationships

Pre-marital sex is wrong, in my opinion, but with the way the world is now, it's part of everyday life. I'm not really any to say here, but I do think it is very wrong and bad decisions can be made. And if something goes wrong, you can end up with a child, or - what's worse? - a disease.

I go to a co-ed boarding school. Imagine going to class the next day and hearing about what the local wh0re was doing with her boyfriend next door while you were sleeping. I go to a Christian boarding school, mind you, so you can imagine how wrong it is. Hell, even I as a 15 year old don't know what runs through our heads to pressure us to do such a thing.

In the high school world (or at least mine), sex gets you popularity, while pregnancy give you a reputation. There is a difference.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:28 AM
Synester Offline

Send a message via AIM to Synester

Quote:
Originally Posted by PainKiller View Post
Wrong, the human male is unable to achieve an erection until after hitting puberty. Therefore, sex is not possible until puberty is reached and puberty isn't reached until at least 8-10 years after the age of 3. :P
Wrong! I have a little brother and I've changed his diapers, and while I'm ashmed to say this, that dude gets a boner while he's asleep =|. And he's 3, so unless my 3-year-old little brother is going through puberty, then you my friend are wrong ):
Old 12-31-2008, 10:44 AM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caraa View Post
Pre-marital sex is wrong, in my opinion, but with the way the world is now, it's part of everyday life. I'm not really any to say here, but I do think it is very wrong and bad decisions can be made. And if something goes wrong, you can end up with a child, or - what's worse? - a disease.

I go to a co-ed boarding school. Imagine going to class the next day and hearing about what the local wh0re was doing with her boyfriend next door while you were sleeping. I go to a Christian boarding school, mind you, so you can imagine how wrong it is. Hell, even I as a 15 year old don't know what runs through our heads to pressure us to do such a thing.

In the high school world (or at least mine), sex gets you popularity, while pregnancy give you a reputation. There is a difference.
Hormones, perhaps? If you didn't know that you need a biology lesson. :P

Also, I don't get you're dilemma with someone having sex in the room next to yours...unless they were keeping you up. I also fail to understand why having sex with the person she's in a monogamous relationship with makes her a "wh0re" and why the boyfriend doesn't get called a name at all.

Hi

Old 12-31-2008, 10:54 AM
Shiny Loser Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Shiny Loser Send a message via Yahoo to Shiny Loser

My opinion is that you can have sex anytime you truly believe you're ready to handle the possible consequences that may follow.

I don't think it's wrong at all. However, I do think the responsibility to deal with any possible circumstances that result from the sex comes at a certain age. The under 18 sex seems very irresponsible but I don't see any reason why we shouldn't have sex before marriage (which could be at like, 30.) It's the partners' choices, and whether they are responsible enough is their decision.

About 3 year olds getting erections. It does happen - in fact, there have been records of erections in utero. However, those are spontaneous and have nothing to do with sexual arousal.

Last edited by Shiny Loser; 12-31-2008 at 10:58 AM.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:36 PM
Splishee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Splishee

What exactly is marriage? The holy union of two people, correct?

Why should people who choose not to believe in a God (which is a large amount of people nowadays) be restricted by others beliefs about what is moral and immoral? Sex is the same - biologically - in any time or place, so if you feel love towards someone that you really want to express and explore your love with, I say - why not?

I really only have a personal problem with it if it is just silly teenagers experimenting without recognising the consequences. If you think you'll regret any sexual actions later on it life, it's really best to wait for the moment or, possibly, another person altogether...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caraa
And marital sex can't give you a child or a disease?

Last edited by Splishee; 12-31-2008 at 02:43 PM.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:19 PM
Alana Marie Offline

Lmao >:P Splishee is right. In ANY (sexual)relationship there is a possibility of A) baby B) Dieases C) badsex

The man you are married to could just as easily have a STD and not get treated for it. OR He could totally be cheating on you and stuffs.

Also!
Sex at young ages is bad >.> it cuases drama and speculations So wait till yer' older kidies
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryceBAM View Post
Attention, everyone!

Alana is involved in sexual situations.

Her enigmatic way of posting the above post is something I have seen before. She's totally banging. What an awful child.

Kaylahead: We'll talk secretly later. ;) xD

Alanakneecap: <3

Case in point -.-"
Old 01-06-2009, 12:00 AM
White_Rabbit Offline

Send a message via AIM to White_Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alana Marie View Post
Lmao >:P Splishee is right. In ANY (sexual)relationship there is a possibility of A) baby B) Dieases C) badsex

The man you are married to could just as easily have a STD and not get treated for it. OR He could totally be cheating on you and stuffs.

Also!
Sex at young ages is bad >.> it cuases drama and speculations So wait till yer' older kidies

Case in point -.-"
strange point there.

ok, question for the masses, how would you feel if you found out your spouse had sex at 16? And you are currently trying to teach your kids not to have sex at a young age?

*jumps into flame proof shield*
Old 01-27-2009, 04:09 AM
Caraa Offline

Send a message via AIM to Caraa

Whoa, this is way late. -_- Anyway~

@Fire Away: I don't know if you got my point, but I was saying that the most kids - most, not all - in my school aren't doing it exactly for the pleasure of sex but for the pleasure of popularity. And the boyfriend did not receive a name because I for one do not know his reputation. I called the girl a wh0re because I used to room with her last year, so I know enough about her to actually say so.

@Splishee: By the time you're married you should be of age where you can take care of a child. If you don't want a kid, there's A) surgery B) the pill C) protection and tons of other crap! And there are medications for diseases that can be communicated via sex. If you are married and get a disease, I don't really care. That's why you're supposed to get tested. You can get diseases and you can get pregnant when you're married. Who the hell said you couldn't? I sure didn't.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:22 AM
Kylie Offline

As much fun as it can be, it will mess you up if your too young =/
You grow up different, less class and respect.
Thats if your a girl, if your a guy its ALL good, the reason for the difference is that girls can get it whenever they want it, but guys gota work for it. Its wrong, when your in high school and lower, once you actually mature enough, its not gona matter whether your married or not =P
Old 01-28-2009, 01:42 AM
Synester Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie View Post
Its wrong, when your in high school and lower, once you actually mature enough, its not gona matter whether your married or not =P
This is exactly why I don't have a religion, all of the fun stuff is wrong ):. Who exactly can say when having sex is wrong, and why until we are married? Why don't we just put an age limit on it while we are at it!
Old 01-28-2009, 02:08 AM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Whoa, this is way late. -_- Anyway~

@Fire Away: I don't know if you got my point, but I was saying that the most kids - most, not all - in my school aren't doing it exactly for the pleasure of sex but for the pleasure of popularity. And the boyfriend did not receive a name because I for one do not know his reputation. I called the girl a wh0re because I used to room with her last year, so I know enough about her to actually say so.
I understood your idea that pre-marital sex is wrong and people do it for the wrong reasons, but why do their motives matter to you? Why does it matter that they have sex at all? You don't know what's going through someone's mind that made them decide to have sex in the first place. There could be a million things that you don't even know lying under the surface.

Quote:
ok, question for the masses, how would you feel if you found out your spouse had sex at 16? And you are currently trying to teach your kids not to have sex at a young age?
How about you be honest with your kids, have your spouse admit that fact, and try to teach the kids from your own experiences? That's the way that I was raised.

Quote:
This is exactly why I don't have a religion, all of the fun stuff is wrong ):. Who exactly can say when having sex is wrong, and why until we are married? Why don't we just put an age limit on it while we are at it!
Who even brought up religion? o_O

Hi

Old 01-28-2009, 02:46 AM
Synester Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Away View Post
I understood your idea that pre-marital sex is wrong and people do it for the wrong reasons, but why do their motives matter to you? Why does it matter that they have sex at all? You don't know what's going through someone's mind that made them decide to have sex in the first place. There could be a million things that you don't even know lying under the surface.

How about you be honest with your kids, have your spouse admit that fact, and try to teach the kids from your own experiences? That's the way that I was raised.

Who even brought up religion? o_O
Carra...
Old 01-28-2009, 05:06 AM
Splishee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Splishee

Quote:
@Splishee: By the time you're married you should be of age where you can take care of a child. If you don't want a kid, there's A) surgery B) the pill C) protection and tons of other crap! And there are medications for diseases that can be communicated via sex. If you are married and get a disease, I don't really care. That's why you're supposed to get tested. You can get diseases and you can get pregnant when you're married. Who the hell said you couldn't? I sure didn't.
One of your key points was that sex before marriage is bad because you could end up with a disease or a child. I was pointing out that that point is not valid since sex is sex, no matter what relationship you have with the participating person, and all of the risks involved apply to married couples and unmarried couples.

All the choices are available if you're not married, too. And besides, plenty of people get hitched when they're 20 or so - fresh out of college, mostly. How does the time you choose to get married affect whether or not you're ready to handle a child? Hell, I know plenty of 20 something year olds that are not married but have sex with their boyfriends anyway and are perfectly ready to have children, but just because they're not married it is automatically assumed that they are not fit to have a child. Marriage is just a formal religious thing, how should it change the circumstances of two people who are in love and want to have a child?
Old 01-28-2009, 06:44 PM
nickkk Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to nickkk Send a message via MSN to nickkk

OK, so I live in Maryland, and same sex marriage is illegal in the state.
If I had "sex" with another girl before an illegal marriage, is it still wrong?

Master Spritess