Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 11-11-2008, 10:55 PM
Matt Offline
<- Khold's Butt
Elite Trainer (Level 7)

Send a message via AIM to Matt
Default Re: Pre-marital sexual relationships

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba Stevee View Post
True that. I personal think things like reputation and pride are overrated, but other people think highly of them and can outcast people.

For example, In an episode of George Lopez, Carmen (his daughter) was going out with this boy and the boy started spreading rumors about how he slept with her and that's was all he wanted, the pleasure. He also said that was all that she wanted too, so all the students in the school started picking on her and some of the boys started asking her to sleep with them. It got so bad that George had to take her out of that school and transfer her to another.
Maybe reputation is not the right word; let’s say it's bad for someone's well being. And I never did say it always don't work out between the two people, I said it usually doesn't work out.

Also, I don't think the Bible is keeping me from living. (I presumed that you know I'm a Christian and you mean the Bible) I think it has good guidelines to live a good and pure life. And fyi, I choose to be absedent, the Bible doesn't make me.

Ignore my bad spelling, I'm have asleep
Lol abstinent? Half asleep?

I was actually referring to Quillink's post, but you get the gist. I find some things in the bible useful, some restricting, and some extremely immoral and wrong. I, therefore, probably follow some of its teachings, but it is not that book that taught them to me, rather it was life experience; most people, in choosing to be smart, and being so, can live perfectly without religion, finding its truths for themselves by living (and this is not me calling the bible dumb, this is me calling those that are able to get by without the bible intelligent).
------
FrozenChaos703: I have a kitty named Peaches.
FrozenChaos703: She can stand on my boobs.
FrozenChaos703: Without falling.
Old 11-12-2008, 02:49 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

My stance is simple. Sex, by law of nature, is meant for reproduction and the advancement of the species. In modern society, however, it is the deepest expression of love there is. For me, I would prefer my "last" relationship's order of progression to go engagement-sex-marriage. See, getting engaged is basically saying "I want to be with you forever", and marriage is promising "I will be with you forever" (not that it always works out that way). But sex is something that goes beyond words. You can say something and not mean it. I can seriously say to my girlfried "I love you", and just be trying to get into her pants. But you can't lie about how you feel. You can tell a lot about a person just by the way they walk, or how they talk, or even just by taking one look at their hands. Physical acts cannot lie, no matter how much so many people wish they could.
Old 11-12-2008, 02:58 AM
Sixto Offline
Sofa King Cool

Send a message via AIM to Sixto Send a message via MSN to Sixto

Sex is like a drug. If you do it too much, you can't stop. It's sad, really. I don't do drugs, but I am very sexually active.

I've learned from past experiences that YOU might be in love, but your significant other (at the time) may not want you emotionally but only physically. Trust me, girls aren't the only ones wanted for their bodies. It might sound conceited, but it is what it is. Just make sure the person you do it is someone you completely trust and feel comfortable with.

There is nothing wrong with pre-marital sex. As a lot of people have already stated; as long as both panties are comfortble with it, go for it. Just be aware of STD's, pregnancy and regret. I use protection all the time, and have tried it without it. There are ways to help prevent STDs without protection, but those are not 100% safe (or 50% even) and you will not learn them from me. Just know what you are doing and taking a HUGE risk. Everytime I don't use protection, rest assured I will be at the clinic getting tested. Getting testing is a whole other issue though.

Then there's abortion. No protection means both individuals get tested; both for aids and women for pregnancy. It also means higher risk to STDs. Thankfully, none have ended in pregnancy. Not that I don't want a child, but sometimes it is not the right time or the right person. It's really hard for me to put this into words. I only try this with people I can see myself with, someone who I THINK I am in love with.

In the end, if you do it, do it responsibly and use protection!
Old 11-12-2008, 03:06 AM
Uomo Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Uomo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixto View Post
As a lot of people have already stated; as long as both panties are comfortble with it, go for it.

^This made my laugh. "Parties" is what you meant, I'm hoping. xD

After reading everyone's thoughts, I've opened up my mind. I used to think that pre-marital sex was really unaccepted and that friends with benefits weren't considered "good", but now I've realized that it's fine.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:14 AM
Sixto Offline
Sofa King Cool

Send a message via AIM to Sixto Send a message via MSN to Sixto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uomo View Post

After reading everyone's thoughts, I've opened up my mind. I used to think that pre-marital sex was really unaccepted and that friends with benefits weren't considered "good", but now I've realized that it's fine.
I was hoping someone would catch that. Yeah, I did that purposely. :p
Old 11-12-2008, 05:07 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:

Um... I'm going to disagree with the last bit. I seriously don't approve of friends with benefits. Still, to each his own.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:02 PM
EmBreon Offline
Killjoy

Send a message via AIM to EmBreon Send a message via MSN to EmBreon

Quote:

I'd go with your own personal opinion and morals before following the comments of a bunch of horny teenagers on a Pokemon forum...

This thread seems more of a "let's brag about how sexually active I am" than a discussion about the issue itself anyway.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:14 PM
CHAMPION Victoria Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to CHAMPION Victoria Send a message via MSN to CHAMPION Victoria Send a message via Yahoo to CHAMPION Victoria

Along those particular lines, I'll say that I'm someone who has no problem with the idea of premarital sex but who's also not sexually active and does not plan on being so.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:37 PM
Uomo Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Uomo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khajmer View Post
Um... I'm going to disagree with the last bit. I seriously don't approve of friends with benefits. Still, to each his own.
I don't either, but I now know that they're fine-ish to what I believed before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmBreon View Post
I'd go with your own personal opinion and morals before following the comments of a bunch of horny teenagers on a Pokemon forum...
Oh, gosh no. I would never take real advice from people I don't even know. xD It just opened my eyes a little and yesh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmBreon View Post
This thread seems more of a "let's brag about how sexually active I am" than a discussion about the issue itself anyway.
True. This thread is turning into a weird little bragging show-and-tell of sexual activity. STICK TO THE POINT, PEOPLEZ~
Old 11-12-2008, 11:57 PM
scubasteveE Offline

Send a message via AIM to scubasteveE Send a message via MSN to scubasteveE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Lol abstinent? Half asleep?

I was actually referring to Quillink's post, but you get the gist. I find some things in the bible useful, some restricting, and some extremely immoral and wrong. I, therefore, probably follow some of its teachings, but it is not that book that taught them to me, rather it was life experience; most people, in choosing to be smart, and being so, can live perfectly without religion, finding its truths for themselves by living (and this is not me calling the bible dumb, this is me calling those that are able to get by without the bible intelligent).

Lol, maybe I was totally asleep:P

Sure. I'm not saying that people without religion can't enjoy life, but if they did it would be better. (from my perspective, maybe not from yours) And I mean I don't learn all my values from the Bible. For instance, the Bible doesn't say anything about guns, so I didn't get my views about gun rights from it.

I also think you shouldn't have friends with benefits because you are more likely to catch something. I know you use protection and you know them, but they could be messing around with someone else and they catch something, then give it to you.

But in the end, it's your choice, your life, and you can do whatever you want with it. These are just my views and what I believe.

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
Old 11-13-2008, 01:46 AM
Matt Offline
<- Khold's Butt
Elite Trainer (Level 7)

Send a message via AIM to Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba Stevee View Post

Lol, maybe I was totally asleep:P

Sure. I'm not saying that people without religion can't enjoy life, but if they did it would be better. (from my perspective, maybe not from yours) And I mean I don't learn all my values from the Bible. For instance, the Bible doesn't say anything about guns, so I didn't get my views about gun rights from it.

I also think you shouldn't have friends with benefits because you are more likely to catch something. I know you use protection and you know them, but they could be messing around with someone else and they catch something, then give it to you.

But in the end, it's your choice, your life, and you can do whatever you want with it. These are just my views and what I believe.
Oh I'm a big background checker. That, and I am very safe. That said, I foresee many random hookups in my college days, so you ain't seen nothin' yet.

Emma: Leave it to Mario to... spice up this thread.
------
FrozenChaos703: I have a kitty named Peaches.
FrozenChaos703: She can stand on my boobs.
FrozenChaos703: Without falling.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:00 AM
Reiji Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Do you think that pre-marital sexual relationships are acceptable!?

I, for one, do. Although, I think that sex should be a sacred act of love to be performed by two willing adults who are married. For me, it's all about trust. I don't want someone who I don't know if I can trust getting all up in my business! D: That's icky! But, if you married someone who you have great trust with, I don't think you'll regret anything that happens with you/them. I think that it doesn't really matter, but I as an individual would just wait.

Of course it is fine. All the bible wants to do is control you more.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:30 AM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji View Post
Of course it is fine. All the bible wants to do is control you more.
Even though I think it should be allowed, I find your Bible opinion incoherent to its actual value - the Bible may say it's not something to do, but what people don't see is that it's something you shouldn't do. I'm sure if you asked for forgiveness and truly meant it in the end, you would be considered forgiven, in our religion, at least.

I morally think it's wrong, but I legally think it's right - really, it's only religion holding us back from saying it's right. I don't believe it's right morally, but... I was talked sense into by a good friend about a point no one really brings up - it's religion that's keeping us from saying yes, in one way, forcing our religion upon others. While it is true this country was founded upon Christian values, some things are best leaving the people to choose. But "In God We Trust" stands.

Besides, look at it this way, fellow Christians. All the non-believers that do these kind of things will be going to Hell anyway.
(No offense to anyone not Christian. )
Old 11-15-2008, 04:52 AM
Reiji Offline
Experienced Trainer

I don't believe in an invisible man with a magical land above. Nothing will happen after I die.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:13 AM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji View Post
I don't believe in an invisible man with a magical land above. Nothing will happen after I die.
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But is that any better than being judged to figure out you were wrong?