Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Other Pokemon Games

Other Pokemon Games Discuss all Pokemon spin-off games here, including Pokemon Ranger, Mystery Dungeon, Pinball, Colosseum, XD, Stadium, Snap, Super Smash Bros., Hey You Pikachu!, Battle Revolution and PokePark Wii.

Old 10-26-2008, 12:36 AM
ritzdijuto Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default Dialga Stories (and more)

It's funny but not that Dialga, the final boss in PMD2's main storyline, is an evil brute that must eat babies for breakfast or something because of how utterly insane he can be to fight.

Seriously. The moment you get to the top of Temporal Tower, it's like someone grabbed the difficulty curve and threw it sky-high.

So, let's gossip about how to exploit his weak points or gripe about how annoying his Intimidate IQ skill is.

Anyway, the only strategy I've ever found that really works was to use a Vile Seed on him. I've tried Sleep Seeds, and they only held him a turn or so. Stun Seeds, I might need to look into...

Even at LV 40, my duo can't keep up with this guy. The funny part is my old duo, both LV 36, beat him... after using a Vile Seed, at least.

EDIT: Just beat that sucker with three stun seeds and a vile seed. He still almost killed me.

And if ranting about Dialga isn't your cup of tea.. then what about a different boss? Surely Dialga isn't the only irksome foe in PMD2.

I'm back. Again. Jeebus.

Last edited by ritzdijuto; 10-26-2008 at 02:00 AM.
Old 10-26-2008, 04:10 PM
Soda Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Soda Send a message via MSN to Soda Send a message via Yahoo to Soda
Default Re: Dialga Stories (and more)

Dialga was the only hard one, I found him to be easy though after my third try, after his roar of time missed, because I could only take two. And with Munchlax and Charmander having three turns to attack he died.

My only other funny story is dusknoir, when I had to battle him and his sableye I used Sub on Dusknoir, so all his Sableye killed him. Then the Sableye were easy to take down.

I did the same thing to Wigglytuff when you had to fight the guild.
Old 10-26-2008, 04:16 PM
rayz321 Offline
Experienced Trainer

HE was kink of hard

Old 10-26-2008, 04:18 PM
Dark Lightning Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Dark Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayz321 View Post
HE was kink of hard
HE was kink of easy
Old 10-26-2008, 05:22 PM
ritzdijuto Offline
Amateur Trainer

After Dialga finally went down, and after I fought the guild, I was worried that I'd have to have several tries for every meta-game boss. It was hilarious how many times the guild took me down... but now that Munchlax has learned Rollout I'm pretty sure they will have been the only ones to challenge me.

Kinda sad. It was actually pretty fun, if frustrating, to try to figure out how to beat the really tough bosses. Now I kinda feel like I cheated almost, using a Vile Seed on Dialga. Almost like I was disrespecting his toughness. xD

I'm back. Again. Jeebus.

Old 11-05-2008, 05:00 AM
xskittycatx Offline
Elite Trainer

Dialga was easy!!! I just used brick break... and discharge when he was at a distance.
It only took 1 reviver seed because he used roar of time....
Old 11-09-2008, 09:59 PM
Kakuzu Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Kakuzu Send a message via MSN to Kakuzu Send a message via Yahoo to Kakuzu

Agility to boost movement speed. Mud-Slap to decrease accuracy. Absorb / Giga Drain.

[/Game]
Old 11-09-2008, 10:06 PM
WatchMeBeQuieter Offline
Elite Trainer

I was Charmander, with my partner a Mudkip. We were at Lv 42 at the time, and not a single Reviver Seed was consumed during the fight. Frankly, I think this is because I had possibly the best Leader/Partner matchup there could've been, as fire type attacks hit hard, and Mudkip's Mud Slap worked very well. Not only was Mud Slap Super Effective, but it lowered his accuracy so much he could barely score a hit. He got both my and Mudkip down to critical health, which made our abilities kick in (Flare and Torrent). I made it so Mudkip would only use Water Gun, and I focused on Flamethrower myself. The attacks did 150-200 damage, and he was down in no time.

I also used lots of Sleep Seeds. I forced him to approach us by moving towards him, and that prevented the AI form using Roar of Time. As soon as my partner and I were right next to him, I started launching Sleep Seeds (which I had about 8 of). He would fall asleep for a few turns, giving Mudkip a chance to lower his accuracy, and me a chance to hit hard.

Hork-Bajir . . . . Taxxon
Old 11-10-2008, 04:53 AM
Pokol DaErran Offline

Dialga was the hardest boss in the game for me XD
I beat him at about level 35, you all fail. :V

I started off by throwing a Stun Seed at him, then had Bulbie (my Bulbasaur partner) use her (actually, his. I didn't know what gender my partner would be til it was too late XD)most powerful moves while I whaled on Dialga with Thunderbolt, with the occasional Thunder Wave to paralyze him. Of course, when he wasn't paralyzed he took us down to about 2 HP each with Roar of Time, so needless to say, we used a lot of Reviver Seeds XD

But I beat him on the third try. :P

Old 11-10-2008, 02:43 PM
-Smoo- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via MSN to -Smoo-

Dialga was annoying only for roar of time, all fights with multiple enimies were easy as my pikachu used discharge The only hard one was darkrai as Rhypheriors lighningrod diverted discharge and did nothing, so I had to pick him off whilst getting surounded and pummled. I beat it in the end...
Old 11-10-2008, 04:06 PM
Pokol DaErran Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoo View Post
Dialga was annoying only for roar of time, all fights with multiple enimies were easy as my pikachu used discharge The only hard one was darkrai as Rhypheriors lighningrod diverted discharge and did nothing, so I had to pick him off whilst getting surounded and pummled. I beat it in the end...
I see you share the Pikachu/Discharge experience. XD
Wigglytuff and such was WAY too easy with that move under my belt.
But Darkrai was sort of annoying. I just had my Pikachu charge Darkrai and start using Quick Attack (to avoid Night Shade) until Bulbie Razor Leafed/Vine Whipped the Rhyperior out of action :P

Old 11-27-2008, 04:10 PM
Seeda the Bulbasaur Offline
Amateur Trainer

He's UBER.
Old 11-27-2008, 07:17 PM
Proud_Piplup Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeda the Bulbasaur View Post
He's UBER.
I found him very difficult to beat.. I used a LOT of Reviver Seeds on my second try.

Old 12-02-2008, 06:21 AM
PalkiaAndBlisseyrock Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via MSN to PalkiaAndBlisseyrock

I beat him without using any reviver seeds. You just gotta keep lotsa X-eye seeds handy. Those things are really useful.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:42 AM
atucker22 Offline

I beat dialga in like four turns. My Chimchar used only Flamethrower and my Piplup used only Brine and I kicked butt
The "FireMaster" banner done by Thunder1990 My VPP Stats