Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 10-24-2008, 06:23 AM
George Jefferson Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Right behind you
Posts: 1,694
Send a message via AIM to George Jefferson Send a message via MSN to George Jefferson Send a message via Yahoo to George Jefferson Send a message via Skype™ to George Jefferson
Default Re: Accept each other

HEYA HEYA HEYA *GLUG*
HEYA HEYA HEYA *GLUG*

>:[ If you think I'm racist, think again.

This is my friend's little song while he was drinking at his house.

I don't drink, I tend not to stereotype my people even more.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-24-2008, 02:54 PM
Seven's Avatar
Seven Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 929
Default Re: Accept each other

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alana Marie View Post

But the first EVER discrimination was against Women. Throught all anceint time, Women are ALWAYS treated differently.
It's interesting that you say "treated differently". It shows how man-centric our societies are. Because women are different from whom? Men? If you have only two options available (m and f), then how can we say that one is being treated differently from the other if everyone in society is either of the two.

You (we) define women by their not-being a man. We say that women have been discriminated against because they have not always had the same rights as men, implying that the man is the "standard". That their rights are what women should achieve, instead of developing their 'own' identity.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-24-2008, 03:12 PM
superdude44's Avatar
superdude44 Offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: hinneon region
Posts: 1,301
Default Re: Accept each other

how dare you say that alana? They GET to wear pants like us, play sports....etc I do agree thats how women think they are mistreated. They should just get over it And try to get along. and, some females slap males for no reason. anyways I'm done.
__________________
paired with MIS.MEG (Misstres meg)
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-24-2008, 03:31 PM
Angel_DeArc's Avatar
Angel_DeArc Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Gem made the avy and banner =)
Posts: 527
Send a message via MSN to Angel_DeArc Send a message via Yahoo to Angel_DeArc
Default Re: Accept each other

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poké-Flem View Post

I live in Denmark, and this is currently the center of racism. Because of the Muhammed cartoons that a FEW danes drew, SOME arabs starts hating ALL danes. SOME arabs are criminal psychopaths in Denmark, yet SOME danes hates ALL arabs. The hate of fewhave evolved into so much drama, making muslims all over the world hate Denmark...

This speech might be random, but it's kinda important to me. Drawing Muhammed was wrong, but the way that the muslims overreacted was even wronger.

Why can't all people respect each other, and why do violence need to answer everything? The world is simply ****'d up.
Oh you, The way Muslims reacted was wronger? huh, I say they must have blasted those danish people. The way Muslims reacted wasn't wrong at all. When it comes to religion, we cannot control our anger. How would you like it I insulted your religion (If you have one)

Surely you would have ended up saying at least some bad word. So the way it goes, I really hated the whole thing, mainly because I'm a Muslim (not Arabian). I don't like my Prophet (P.B.U.H.) to be drawn by an ordinary human.
Sorry but the whole thing makes me wanna kill them.
__________________

|.Credits to Gemmie.|...|.Paired with Dialga12.|...|.Seraphic.|...|.Family.|
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-24-2008, 06:12 PM
Deathspector's Avatar
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hyderabad, India
Posts: 2,641
Send a message via MSN to Deathspector Send a message via Yahoo to Deathspector
Default Re: Accept each other

I think religious conflicts have no end.

And the biggest problem is, what may seem acceptable to one religion is not acceptable to another. I will not say that we must abide by all the rules of all the religions, because if we did we'd barely be able to move. Respect is at the root of the matter, and the moment we begin to respect people who are different, then such conflicts will never happen.

Deathspector
__________________


// The Poet Of The Fall \\
^ Last update: 22 June 2009 ^
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-24-2008, 10:06 PM
Alana Marie's Avatar
Alana Marie Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,431
Default Re: Accept each other

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdude44 View Post
how dare you say that alana? They GET to wear pants like us, play sports....etc I do agree thats how women think they are mistreated. They should just get over it And try to get along. and, some females slap males for no reason. anyways I'm done.
Did you even read my FULL post. You only read the bit that was quoted. If you actually took the time to read what i really ment you would see i ment USED to be discriminated against. As in, Women couldnt own land, couldnt have certain jobs.

In anceint times it was acceptable for a man to beat/inficlt pain/(sometimes) kill his wife if he thought she was out of place.

And even now some, rude pig headed people (I am saying some of these people are men AND women who think this way) That women should be lesser then men.

If you thought women felt they were discriminated against because they couldnt wear pants there is somthing wrong with you.

And you say it as if you are being oh so wonderful and gifting us with the ability to wear pants.
__________________
Wat.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-24-2008, 10:41 PM
Professor Geoffrey's Avatar
Professor Geoffrey Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: My laboratory.
Posts: 6,512
Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey
Default Re: Accept each other

We're all human; we'll never
all be able to just because some
people on the Earth surrender
with flowers in their hand.

Even though my friends hate
this saying...

It's a dog eat dog world.

And there are people who
play the sucessful yet proud
lion, and others, the peace-making
mice.


[SORROW | REQUIEM | VERITY | ACUITY | VALOR]
__________________
❒ SINGLE ❒ TAKEN ✔ LAPRAS RIDER
The Professor of Pokémon Elite 2000.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-24-2008, 11:47 PM
Shadow Eevee's Avatar
Shadow Eevee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Somewhere. :o
Posts: 6,902
Default Re: Accept each other

I think that before people need to accept each other, they need to realize that it IS possible to have world peace, we just need to try. And everytime someone says 'it's impossible', that makes me mad, no offense to anyone, but really. Just try harder, and it is possible to be peaceful AND successful. Mother Teresa anyone?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-25-2008, 04:02 PM
Deathspector's Avatar
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hyderabad, India
Posts: 2,641
Send a message via MSN to Deathspector Send a message via Yahoo to Deathspector
Default Re: Accept each other

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alana Marie View Post
In anceint times it was acceptable for a man to beat/inficlt pain/(sometimes) kill his wife if he thought she was out of place.
Lol.

It could also happen the other way around, just so you know. The world was generally a more personally violent place back then. Nowadays it's just...violently violent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alana Marie View Post
And you say it as if you are being oh so wonderful and gifting us with the ability to wear pants.
You have to admit, though, in today's world, women have the upper hand. They are, in most occasions, though not all, given equal opportunities to men, and have the added advantage of looking pretty. xP

Also, a man can't hit a woman, but a woman can hit a man. I'm all for chivalry and being gentlemanly, but still.

Deathspector
__________________


// The Poet Of The Fall \\
^ Last update: 22 June 2009 ^
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-25-2008, 04:44 PM
Blast the Stereo's Avatar
Blast the Stereo Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,299
Send a message via AIM to Blast the Stereo Send a message via MSN to Blast the Stereo
Default Re: Accept each other

I wish we could all get along like we used to in middle school
I wish I could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles
and everyone would eat and be happy

:D
__________________

paired with kimmi.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-25-2008, 04:50 PM
Bryce's Avatar
Bryce Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: :sexface:
Posts: 4,427
Send a message via AIM to Bryce
Default Re: Accept each other

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blast the Stereo View Post
I wish we could all get along like we used to in middle school
I wish I could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles
and everyone would eat and be happy

:D
WHOA. Omg. Best. Quote. Ever.

'Mean Girls' is the most sexfaced movie ever to come into existence. <333

...

& Err, yeah. Whoo, accept each other! xP
__________________
:D

BRYCExKAT
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-25-2008, 04:56 PM
Starkipraggy's Avatar
Starkipraggy Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Gundam Porygon ZZ
Posts: 3,151
Send a message via MSN to Starkipraggy
Default Re: Accept each other

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blast the Stereo View Post
I wish we could all get along like we used to in middle school
I wish I could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles
and everyone would eat and be happy

:D
I still think one thing can unite the world: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

Aliens threaten the existence of our planet! Let's stomp their faces in, kick reason to the curb, and surpass the impossible with a healthy load of probability-altering lasers for when the enemy fires their probablity-altering missiles at us!
__________________


Mons are here though

私はグレダーです--I am a Grader
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com