Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Other Boards Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:23 AM
PokÚ-Flem Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default Accept each other

You might be casual, asian, negroid, indian or arabic. You might be heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual or asexual. In the end, we are all humans.

If we accept each other, there will be no fighting based on personal variation, besides disagreeing opinions. So why... Why do we insist on hating?

I live in Denmark, and this is currently the center of racism. Because of the Muhammed cartoons that a FEW danes drew, SOME arabs starts hating ALL danes. SOME arabs are criminal psychopaths in Denmark, yet SOME danes hates ALL arabs. The hate of fewhave evolved into so much drama, making muslims all over the world hate Denmark...

This speech might be random, but it's kinda important to me. Drawing Muhammed was wrong, but the way that the muslims overreacted was even wronger.

Why can't all people respect each other, and why do violence need to answer everything? The world is simply ****'d up.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:53 PM
superdude44 Offline

Default Re: Accept each other

Yes, Also, male/female.I see that a lot. Also, my whole youth group is latino.I am not but do not make fun of them.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:20 PM
PokÚ-Flem Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdude44 View Post
Yes, Also, male/female.I see that a lot. Also, my whole youth group is latino.I am not but do not make fun of them.
Yeah. Let a white person grow up with a black family in africa, and he'll be like the black people over there. Let a black person grow up with a white family in america, and he'll be like the people over there.

Each race got their typical traits, but that is all culturally influenced, and got nothing to do with the race, even through it can have to do with the view on the race.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:56 PM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Deathspector Send a message via Yahoo to Deathspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokÚ-Flem View Post
Each race got their typical traits, but that is all culturally influenced, and got nothing to do with the race, even through it can have to do with the view on the race.
I actually disagree with that.

There is scientific proof that suggests that the different races actually have different physical and mental qualities. A black person's body is actually physically stronger than people of another race. A brown person's mind is made up in a very different way from that of a white person. This may be nature versus nurture, and I will always agree that culture plays a major role in the shaping of a person. But the strongest brown person will never be as strong as the strongest black person. It's proven.

I will, however, be the first one to say that discrimination needs to be done away with. Living in India, the sheer multitude of different religions, cultures and even races is startling, and leads to racism. It needs to stop.

Deathspector

// The Poet Of The Fall \\
^ Last update: 22 June 2009 ^
Old 10-23-2008, 04:02 PM
PokÚ-Flem Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathspector View Post

I actually disagree with that.

There is scientific proof that suggests that the different races actually have different physical and mental qualities. A black person's body is actually physically stronger than people of another race. A brown person's mind is made up in a very different way from that of a white person. This may be nature versus nurture, and I will always agree that culture plays a major role in the shaping of a person. But the strongest brown person will never be as strong as the strongest black person. It's proven.

I will, however, be the first one to say that discrimination needs to be done away with. Living in India, the sheer multitude of different religions, cultures and even races is startling, and leads to racism. It needs to stop.

Deathspector
Maybe, you're right. Even if we are destined to be different due to our races, then... Well. We can't change that. We just need to stop hating on each other, accept it and get the best out of lives.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:13 PM
Vampire Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Vampire Send a message via MSN to Vampire

Fist thing is I am not racist and I do not discriminate...

But Sometimes people get upset the fact other races or people come upon there territory and start to take over, for example, the polish...They came to England and started working for a cheaper wage and taking people's jobs.

People say foreigners come over to the UK and are housed quicker than English people?

I understand why people are so protective over there territory, its the same in nature, one animal wouldn't let another come onto its territory....Yes, I know we are human and mature and some-what civilized, and we do not have to go about these ways with racism but people are just protective, and I think they see this as the only way for them to protect, what else can they do?
I would rather them say nasty words and racist comments, than knife/gun crime.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:06 PM
superdude44 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire View Post
Fist thing is I am not racist and I do not discriminate...

But Sometimes people get upset the fact other races or people come upon there territory and start to take over, for example, the polish...They came to England and started working for a cheaper wage and taking people's jobs.

People say foreigners come over to the UK and are housed quicker than English people?

I understand why people are so protective over there territory, its the same in nature, one animal wouldn't let another come onto its territory....Yes, I know we are human and mature and some-what civilized, and we do not have to go about these ways with racism but people are just protective, and I think they see this as the only way for them to protect, what else can they do?
I would rather them say nasty words and racist comments, than knife/gun crime.
yes,but eveything needs to stop, killing, and hateful words.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:17 PM
Stardy Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Stardy

I'm not meaing to come off offencive here, but the world will never be perfect. The fact of Racism isn't excactly the problem, its the fact people call anything Racism anyway. As long as they are 'Different' in some way, they call Racism if the person disses them, even when its not based on Color or Nationality or whatever. >_>

And, as long as the Internet Exists, Troll's will always use Racism in their trolling acts, so... yeah. s:

Racism is bad, yes, but in all honesty, you can always Ignore whoever said it, or say the same back, see how they like it. The world will never be perfect, and crime will always be around, so people shouldn't expect people just to stop because many people find it bad. If somebody hates another Race because they are a Smartass who thinks he is better than them, let them be, and let themselves look like an idiot. s:

Stardy = awesome
Old 10-23-2008, 06:19 PM
LugiaAeroBlast Offline
Banned

i think racism and all these `isms` should stop! i feel very strongly about this and how it all started was the freaking slave trade.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:46 PM
Vampire Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardy View Post
I'm not meaing to come off offencive here, but the world will never be perfect. The fact of Racism isn't excactly the problem, its the fact people call anything Racism anyway. As long as they are 'Different' in some way, they call Racism if the person disses them, even when its not based on Color or Nationality or whatever. >_>

And, as long as the Internet Exists, Troll's will always use Racism in their trolling acts, so... yeah. s:

Racism is bad, yes, but in all honesty, you can always Ignore whoever said it, or say the same back, see how they like it. The world will never be perfect, and crime will always be around, so people shouldn't expect people just to stop because many people find it bad. If somebody hates another Race because they are a Smartass who thinks he is better than them, let them be, and let themselves look like an idiot. s:
Now that is one quote I agree on...
Old 10-23-2008, 06:57 PM
Matt Offline
<- Khold's Butt
Elite Trainer (Level 7)

Send a message via AIM to Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokÚ-Flem View Post
You might be casual, asian, negroid, indian or arabic. You might be heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual or asexual. In the end, we are all humans.
Do you mean Caucasian? And I think you missed a few.

To tell you the truth, racism is human. The thing is, social discrimination occurs at a much greater extent than only between races, but it is races that band together when it impacts them. Even you will make judgments on each individual person based on what he or she is doing or looks like. Racism is just a broader form of these generalizations made. Some groups take it to the extreme, and those groups are certainly punished.

Lol, negroid...
------
FrozenChaos703: I have a kitty named Peaches.
FrozenChaos703: She can stand on my boobs.
FrozenChaos703: Without falling.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:00 PM
Vampire Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Here is a bit information for you all to have a read through.

Racism
Old 10-23-2008, 07:34 PM
Alana Marie Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by LugiaAeroBlast View Post
i think racism and all these `isms` should stop! i feel very strongly about this and how it all started was the freaking slave trade.

No, not really.
Slaves have been used since the dawn of time and before the slave trade i know you are talking about. Race had nothing to do with slaves.

But actually before slaves from africa the people of james town sort of discriminated against Native Americans. >.> ANd no it did not start with Slave trade.

It all started with Hebrews actually (yea..learning about ths is history) they were probably one of the first though, since non of us have a time machine we cannot be sure. For race my guess is Hebrews, the whole egyption thing where they become slaves happened waaaaay before slaves in america.

But the first EVER discrimination was against Women. Throught all anceint time, Women are ALWAYS treated differently.

:)

And, racism is bad. Duh. DUH DUH DUH!

But it dosent matter here on PE2K I like the internet because you never know what race someone mighht be. everyone is just a bunch of words.

I dont judge by race, my cousins are black, my aunt is white. My other cousin is itallian xD my family is rather mixed indeed.

ACCEPT PEOPLE. WE WERE MADE THIS WAY FOR A REASON.

:) Kay, i used all my brain juice up for the day in this one post! WOOH!
Old 10-24-2008, 12:34 AM
George Jefferson Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to George Jefferson Send a message via MSN to George Jefferson Send a message via Yahoo to George Jefferson Send a message via Skype™ to George Jefferson

>:[ Anybody want to talk with a Native American?
Old 10-24-2008, 12:45 AM
Hoshika Offline

Even if everybody is exactly the same, there will be those certain people who think they are superior to everybody else.
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.