Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 02:27 AM
pseudopseudo Offline
Banned

Default Re: Sarah Palin's clothes cost HOW MUCH?

This is ridiculous and hardly warrants a whole thread. I disagree with Palin's political views, but I'm not going to bash her because of something trivial like this. It seems people will use anything to deface their opposition.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:06 AM
Stormdancer94 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Stormdancer94 Send a message via MSN to Stormdancer94

Hmph. The only good thing about this person is that she actually wants to save the Polar Bears. Bush saves Belugas. Both are good, but yeah.

The human race just gets stupider and stupider. Well, Sarah Palin does anyways... So glad am I that I don't have to keep track of the American Election system, it's so complicated!

The Brood is growing!
Old 10-23-2008, 10:57 AM
MaskedJackal Offline

Send a message via AIM to MaskedJackal Send a message via MSN to MaskedJackal

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachattack View Post
Lolol. I'm pretty sure Joe Biden didn't spend 150k on clothes.
lolol that's because Biden is a man. You know how a lot of us are. I just grab a random t-shirt and jeans out of my drawer.

Quote:
The human race just gets stupider and stupider. Well, Sarah Palin does anyways... So glad am I that I don't have to keep track of the American Election system, it's so complicated!
Wait... you're not even American? Why the hell do you care so much about what Palin wants to do anyway?

Personally, I'd rather have her than McCain as President.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:06 AM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudopseudo View Post
This is ridiculous and hardly warrants a whole thread. I disagree with Palin's political views, but I'm not going to bash her because of something trivial like this. It seems people will use anything to deface their opposition.
Agreed -- I hold no love for Sarah Palin, but this is kind of silly. Yes, 150,000 is excessive, and I can see why some of the people who donated towards McCain's campaign might be irked, but appearance is a big deal in a campaign like this. More than ever, trivial issues (race and sex being the most prominent) are being used as tools to get voters. Womens' clothing is more expensive, and if she came out in something from Wal-Mart, the media from both sides would treat Sarah Palin just as poorly.

Hi

Old 10-23-2008, 08:51 PM
Bryce Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Bryce

This is seriously getting ridiculous.

People nitpick around to find any way to bash and criticize Sarah Palin. Seriously, why care so much what so wears? Does it make you feel any better to complain about her clothing? People these days really need to take a chill pill and back-off. Focus on more important issues.

Lately, people have been focusing more on Sarah Palin than John McCain too... She's NOT the one running for president... Why isn't Biden put under this much scrutiny?

BRYCExKAT

Last edited by Bryce; 10-23-2008 at 08:54 PM.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:56 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

Because Biden wouldn't be the first female VP in US history. That's why she's getting all the attention.

$150,000 is quite excessive, especially since we aren't voting for someone because of their sense of style. I wasn't aware that was in the job description.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 10-24-2008, 02:57 AM
Vincent_Valentine_4 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Vincent_Valentine_4

Exactly I understand formal but 150K is way to formal.
www.myspace.com/thomashoyt I are awesome
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ostcount=19347
Brawl FC:1633-3939-2142
"Put this in your sig if religion is just used to manipulate and control people."
Old 10-24-2008, 05:08 AM
Rohypnol Offline

Send a message via AIM to Rohypnol

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudopseudo View Post
I'm not going to bash her because of something trivial like this. It seems people will use anything to deface their opposition.
I agree with this.

In other words, who gives a ****?

Oh and by the way, it's pretty sad that people spend so much time finding out how much someone's clothes cost. No life or what?

DoIPutNameHere: cradily, bad game really f***** up w/o storm drain, horrible playing, i give you a 0/10, please try harder next time
Old 10-25-2008, 09:52 AM
Gold Rush Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Gold Rush

150,000 is alot of money but she's rich and no body really cares, it's her money

[URPG] [VPP] [Knights of the Round Table] [ASB]

“For ten years I chased Suicune, and I finally got to see it. I'm all choked up!”
Old 10-25-2008, 09:55 AM
Frozen_in_Time Offline

True it is ridiculous, but to some extent she must have worked to get that money...
Now I will never waste money on a stupid thing like clothes :/
Old 10-25-2008, 08:55 PM
TechnoTreecko Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to TechnoTreecko Send a message via MSN to TechnoTreecko

I think the funniest thing is here, that people are so quick to judge other people how they spend their own money, when they don't even look at themselves.

You're quick to judge a presidential candidate on their personal life, what they spend their time / finances on, how they react to every possible situation, etc. But what do you do in your personal time that you don't want others to know about? What have you wasted your money on recently? What have you wasted your time on recently? How would you react if you had 6 million people staring at your entire personal life and have it wide out in the open?

Before you judge others, look at yourself. No one is righteous or perfect and everyone has things they need to improve on. A presidential candidate is a human-being just like you are. And I guarantee you they are doing a heck of alot better than you are.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:00 PM
Woodchuck Offline

Send a message via MSN to Woodchuck Send a message via Skype™ to Woodchuck

The really sad thing is that I've seen this story everywhere.

It's like the media has nothing better to do than criticize people about every little thing. It's clothing, people. Who cares?

"Because without Twitter... You're f*cking nothing. Your life is just a burnt-out shell. You're like a husk."
Old 10-25-2008, 09:06 PM
zachattack Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to zachattack Send a message via MSN to zachattack

While the amount of coverage this is getting is ridiculous, it DOES have something to say about how "Palin understands middle class income poeple because she is one".

==
==
Old 10-26-2008, 04:32 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingrptr101 View Post
Oh and by the way, it's pretty sad that people spend so much time finding out how much someone's clothes cost. No life or what?
It's a political year, everything and anything can be used to influence the voters to vote a certain way. And the media will use it because it gains ratings. A smart voter will look past it. It hasn't affected my decision at all.

~Jack~

-| Links |-

Last edited by Jack of Clovers; 10-26-2008 at 04:34 AM.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:02 AM
CHAMPION Victoria Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to CHAMPION Victoria Send a message via MSN to CHAMPION Victoria Send a message via Yahoo to CHAMPION Victoria

Uh, folks, it's a story because she spent $150,000 of campaign money to buy her clothes. You'd be right in that nobody ought to care how someone spends their own money but it's not her money that she spent. Presidential campaigns are funded by tax payers and small donors (remember there's a $2,000 limit on donations)--so she's spent other people's money in a way most inconsistent with her own campaign rhetoric.